rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

community <3

I played in some private servers these guys, all joining forces is fantastic, big changes and fixes to the players =)

One community to rule them all.

• Like 1

Fantastic idea to open it up for people to fix, we have some really smart people here and i'm sure they'll give you guys some ideas that might even get carried on through to the standalone! I'd love to be a part but i'm not a coder nor have much experience in game design. If a tester is ever needed count me in. :)

I think I might try this new update for that combat log seems good, but that dosnt stop the hackers.... last time I played it was infested

* Eating and drinking in a vehicle should be possible in my opinion. The only time that it shouldn't be is if you are the driver and you are driving at the moment of consumption. Soda cans could be consumable while driving, could affect your ability to turn by a bit or something.

* Bandaging could be applied by someone else in the car but not by the injured person. Maybe only in bigger vehicles such as the van or a bus. Also, antibiotics shouldn't be a problem to munch on while in a vehicle.

* Completely disable player list to create a deeper fear as it makes you less knowledgeable of who may be around you.

* Have roaming zombies around at all time, only when a player catches the eye of another zombie or kills them with a weapon that attracts zombies should multiple zombies spawn. People know where people are due to the zombies that spawn near them. The roaming zombies could spawn if someone is within 1000 meters instead of 200 if the optimization is wanted.

* Spawn zombies even if you are in a vehicle.

# Having zombies spawn only if the player is detected, and possibly only in the structures near the player could allow players to hide from helicopters. At the moment if you want to hide in a building it will have an opposite effect due to that the zombies will appear around you.

# The ability of dragging corpses of zombies and players could help stealthy approaches become possible.

Edited by PerfyNormal

I have a feeling the combat logging is going to be a problem. Alt+F4 warriors really weren't that much of a problem; usually they were the idiots that died before they even realized they're playing DayZ.

Anyone (such as myself) could load up my M249 and pop a bullet at someone, in very slow intervals (since the timer is semi-long), and keep them logged into the game. If they know they cannot beat me, the only way to get out is Alt+F4ing which is now suicide. I think it's a pretty easy way to repititively kill people. You never even have to see the person or have a bullet touch their skin. Just simply keep firing off until they give in.

I realize that it might not always be the case, some people are willing to wait it out (curiousity kills the cats). I just find it really dumb that it will be possible to keep someone at bay by putting a couple bullets their way, never intending to hit them.

At last new update and good joob!

btw chopers will be fixed or ?

Most of the patches did Vethos, why is it not on the list of developers community edition?

Edited by PR9INICHEK

I have a feeling the combat logging is going to be a problem. Alt+F4 warriors really weren't that much of a problem; usually they were the idiots that died before they even realized they're playing DayZ.

Anyone (such as myself) could load up my M249 and pop a bullet at someone, in very slow intervals (since the timer is semi-long), and keep them logged into the game. If they know they cannot beat me, the only way to get out is Alt+F4ing which is now suicide. I think it's a pretty easy way to repititively kill people. You never even have to see the person or have a bullet touch their skin. Just simply keep firing off until they give in.

I realize that it might not always be the case, some people are willing to wait it out (curiousity kills the cats). I just find it really dumb that it will be possible to keep someone at bay by putting a couple bullets their way, never intending to hit them.

Alt+F4 warriors were a problem. A massive one.

You find it dumb that it's possible to keep someone at bay by putting bullets near them.. Wouldn't you do that in a real life situation? It's called suppressive fire?

I think that's brilliant, and makes gameplay a lot more strategic. Sorry if you'd rather them just dissapear..

WHAT IF YOU ARE GETTING SHOT AT AND YOU CRASH?? MY ARMA HAS BEEN CRASHING A FEW TIMES ALREASDY!!! CAN YOU ANSWER THAT PLEASE!!! NOT INTENTIONAL!!!

• Like 1

To Rocket or any other DayZ Teammember:

Where are the dogs like asked before in this threat? Please respond to us...

This was promised and a lot of people where really excited about it...

Edited by Michel

WHAT IF YOU ARE GETTING SHOT AT AND YOU CRASH?? MY ARMA HAS BEEN CRASHING A FEW TIMES ALREASDY!!! CAN YOU ANSWER THAT PLEASE!!! NOT INTENTIONAL!!!

It's impossible to determine if it was intentional or not, and as has already been mentioned killing isn't in regardless.

Whats with the no eating/drinking etc in vehicles... its realistic to be able to do this whilst in a vehicle and would be a pain to have to pull over and ever so often if passengers needed food/drink etc etc.

• Like 4

Guest cRy

Almost no one Alt-f4s anymore. Why would they, have scripts to give them what they need. These updates are kind of too little too late.

• Like 1

Where are the dogs like asked before in this threat? Please respond to us...

If they are not mentioned in the changelog they obviously are not included in the update. How hard can it be? :)

Last I heard was rocket mentioning something about there being some problem with the animations.

Whats with the no eating/drinking etc in vehicles... its realistic to be able to do this whilst in a vehicle and would be a pain to have to pull over and ever so often if passengers needed food/drink etc etc.

Safety first!

Almost no one Alt-f4s anymore. Why would they, have scripts to give them what they need. These updates are kind of too little too late.

It is a good way to test them (the mechanics) and improve them for the standalone. Have everyone been drinking too much red whine today?

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

BRING BACK THE LEADERBOARDS PLEASE <3

No are you crazy ? Cant have leaderboards until hackers are gone which probably wont be until Standalone release.

Giving even more attention to hackers is the worst thing u could ask for right now.

To everyone asking this question. This change was likely implemented for the same reason I implemented it in my mod. Consuming items inside of vehicles is buggy at best and can lead to duplication of itemsin certain situations. It is not a change meant to balance anything. It's a change to close off a duping exploit. That's it.

• Like 6

Guest cRy

Also, Michel brings up a good point. 1.7.3 was supposed to bring us dogs. This killing of altf4 should have been on the 1.5 series of patches.

TOO LITTLE...

TOO FUCKING LATE!

• Like 1