rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

[NEW] Tents can no longer be placed on concrete.

Really? I can place a tent on concrete in real life... duh

[FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).

wut... really? This is rediculous. I place a tent in my house often enough to "camp" with my kids.

[FIXED] Tents now are one click place.

What does this even change/do?

[NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

[NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

Wow... dropping dead for logging of? A bit excessive. Theres got to be a better way to handle this... I don't combat log in normal situations, but if I know its a hacker... I stinkin leave. Just yesterday I stalked a guy firing a DMR east of Elektro. I was on the hill above and hearing him shoot newbies running down the beach. Finally pinned his location... and saw that he was invisible BECAUSE when he fired smoke appeared from the gun, BUT NO ONE WAS THERE... He finally noticed me and fired at me (and missed) and I aborted... obviously he was hacking. Who knows if he has godmode on or whatever? Or when Hackers magnet everyone together... u can't altF4, because u KNOW someone (the hacker) will fire right after to keep everyone there. Now we will all suffer even more due to hackers. GG on helping hackers win.

[FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle

I'd lol at this... but it actually makes the game less enjoyable. Can't eat or drink in a vehic? How utterly impractical ESPECIALLY since the timer for food was reduced to an annoying point. Used to, I could stock a few food and have time to then hunt gear for a while. Now... I constantly have to hunt food. Keep the game fun, not tedious please. Really. How many people IRL eat and drink (and even change clothes!!!) in a vehicle... but not in Dayz! Whether driving or as a passenger, I can do both...

[NEW] combat 30 sec timer.

I assume this affects the instant death nonsense above. I'd rather there be a 30 second delay to logging off, than an instant death. World of Warcraft and others do it that way. This instant death business is... eh. If you keep this in the game, I won't buy the stand alone. I was planning to, but this is absurd.

Edited by Seddrik

Well I for one am shocked at all the ungrateful fuck-tards out there, You know, if you don't want it, Don't play it. (but lets be honest they won't go anywhere because there is nothing decent out there for their closed minds)

Again, I salute the community.

• Like 2

Well I for one am shocked at all the ungrateful fuck-tards out there, You know, if you don't want it, Don't play it. (but lets be honest they won't go anywhere because there is nothing decent out there for their closed minds)

Again, I salute the community.

Michael. Chillout. People can disagree and dislike things without being crybabies, flamers, and trolls. Appreciate your ever so kind reply to people who have a different opinion than you and who wish the game to be fun, not excessively regulated like the US Govt is. But hey, if you wanna play a game that instantly kills you when you try to escape a hacker.... go ahead.

(Yus, tha wuz sarkasm dood)

Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 1

Does the community edition ideas on how to fix the cheaters? To begin to eliminate at least teleport.

Really? I can place a tent on concrete in real life... duh

[FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).

wut... really? This is rediculous. I place a tent in my house often enough to "camp" with my kids.

[FIXED] Tents now are one click place.

What does this even change/do?

[NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

Wow... dropping dead for logging of? A bit excessive. Theres got to be a better way to handle this... I don't combat log in normal situations, but if I know its a hacker... I stinkin leave. Just yesterday I stalked a guy firing a DMR east of Elektro. I was on the hill above and hearing him shoot newbies running down the beach. Finally pinned his location... and saw that he was invisible BECAUSE when he fired smoke appeared from the gun, BUT NO ONE WAS THERE... He finally noticed me and fired at me (and missed) and I aborted... obviously he was hacking. Who knows if he has godmode on or whatever? Or when Hackers magnet everyone together... u can't altF4, because u KNOW someone (the hacker) will fire right after to keep everyone there. Now we will all suffer even more due to hackers. GG on helping hackers win.

I'd lol at this... but it actually makes the game less enjoyable. Can't eat or drink in a vehic? How utterly impractical ESPECIALLY since the timer for food was reduced to an annoying point. Used to, I could stock a few food and have time to then hunt gear for a while. Now... I constantly have to hunt food. Keep the game fun, not tedious please. Really. How many people IRL eat and drink (and even change clothes!!!) in a vehicle... but not in Dayz! Whether driving or as a passenger, I can do both...

I assume this affects the instant death nonsense above. I'd rather there be a 30 second delay to logging off, than an instant death. World of Warcraft and others do it that way. This instant death business is... eh. If you keep this in the game, I won't buy the stand alone. I was planning to, but this is absurd.

Whine whine, go play on your baby steps difficulty server.. Maybe they will hold your hand while playing.. And give you a gun that you can hold...

• Like 2

Any chance of being able to sneak in FemClothSkins for Ghillie Suits, Camo, Warm Clothes (Especially for the new map), and Bandit Skins, for the moment the only skin change we have is the fem going bandit, then on relog we're a malebandit.

The combat log change is nice, but I'm not sure it really solves the issue without actually creating more in the process, for example, what happens if someone looses connection, gets client kicked due to no response, or even gets booted by a server for high ping (some servers, Orcon for example, have limited their ping so low that even rural players here in NZ aren't able to play for long as it is already).

Is this more of a band aid for the problem until standalone or is this going to be how it is, I hope not, I'm thinking the body should persist for a time instead of actually killing the player outright (as someone has already mentioned.

Keep up the awesome work anyway team, looking forward to the advent of standalone.

• Like 1

Whine whine, go play on your baby steps difficulty server.. Maybe they will hold your hand while playing.. And give you a gun that you can hold...

Combat Loggers especially are %$*es, mainly the fact that I shoot someone and then a second later they log and I either have to wait for them to come back or get shot from behind from him ghosting in from another server... I say WOOT! No more Combat Loggers... and if you can't kill him in 30 seconds - 5 minutes (since I hope the Timer resets if a bullet lands again close to him/her) then you shouldnt be using the gun your using.

Tents on concrete and inside buildings are often used for loot farming areas, and loot farming is for noobs.

There was a duping issue here.

ok so the combat system has a few of you worried let me try and clear it up

First zeds will not put you in combat unless you attack them.

Second the killed system is not in this release and we are talking about just sending global msgs to everyone when someone logs while in combat in place of killing.

everything else is in you just wont be killed yet -).

So what happens when hacks come out that automatically engage the "combat mode" on every player before teleporting them into the air or mass slaying everyone?

...my playstyle involved avoiding combat as much as possible. I can count on one hand the amount of times someone has Alt+F4'd on me. However, I can't even count the amount of times I've been teleported into the air, mass slayed... The rampa[n]t hacking problem is far more widespread and detrimental to the gameplay experience than combat logging.

...I don't have a problem with people choosing to play the game differently, but hacking is so widespread that it affects EVERYONE, regardless of their playstyle. This combat logging fix only benefits those whose playstyle involves a lot of combat, while harming everyone else. I can no longer keep Task Manager open and press Alt+Tab+Shift to abort the process in the event of a hacker attack. Now, if a hacker gets to me, I get to choose: die at the hands of the hacker, or let the game kill me because it thinks I'm cheating (oh the irony there).

I partial quoted the above poster for emphasis. These changes are more detrimental to the game than many realize. Some only play for combat. Not everyone does. Some just do the survival, scavanging thing. I don't mind either that people loggoff to avoid combat. Ghosting/reloging is an issue and hacking. Forcing people to stay plugged in or auto die is not the way to go. Not a reasonable solution. Its gonna make a large portion of Dayz players enjoy the game less... and maybe even look for a different game.

Yeah yeah, some people will flame, curse, say "F*** you" for disagreeing with these changes. To those trolls all I can say is get a life. This isn't elementary school. People can disagree without being cruel or idiotic bullies.

I'd suggest instead a 30 second log of timer. You can still see, and move during that time, if you move the timer is canceled. many games do this to deal with combat logging. Instant death and loss of gear is too much. A simple timer hinders combat logging and ghosting also, without the out right punishment for leaving. And someone above noted varioius situations that kick you form the server... easily could result in instant detahs now. One server I know ( a supposedly legit server that is connected to the main hive) the admins have added a LOT of auto kick features. Touch certain weapons (legit weapons for Dayz) and you are kicked. Open the ESC menu to do anything (even pop uop the display for your blood) and you get kicked. I wonder just how much instant death will ruin the fun for people... even the guys raging and loving the fact that people can't "run" from their banditry.

(A PS to the bandit types above, if you can't one shot a guy and he logs off... L2aim. I lived a life as a bandit before I joined a clan. It was so flaming easy. I've used all the snipers, and even reg guns and had no problem taking people down before they could log off. Don't whine about people escaping you. Just learn to do what you do better. Pistols they nerfed over much, IMO. They were a lot more fun before. Now a full mag barelytakes down zombies... but other than that most guns either one shot in the head, or have rapid firing rates which do the same thing up close.)

Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 1

Perhaps the DayZ dev team are some sort of gods? Anyway, this is amazing! I cant wait.

All of the changes looked great, specifically combat logging, but I loved being able to eat and drink while in a car. Why was that removed? Thanks for the work.

Awesome, looking forward to playing these new updates. I think the zombie death animation, as small as a change it is, will make the biggest difference for me. At least the most noticeable anyway.

Community edition eh?

Then please fix the hackers, females not being able to wear camo/ghillie suits and the glitchy zombies.

Zombies are the worst problem since ever and nothing happens to them. Instead you make it impossible to palce tents in a house? Really?

• Like 1

At last a proper use for the toolbox.

So no more hand tightening of the screws to attach a rotor blade, because you know in the real world helicopter mechanics hand tighten rather than use tools. Very safe i am sure!

Next, and one thing i have been asking for forever........can openers!

This is pointless, none of you are over 30. You don't get it yet.

When the real world hits you, let me know, we will talk again.

Till then, enjoy your BS.

For being an "older guy", you are worse than the ones you seek to educate. Your points are all 100% correct. It is a working mechanism of our economy. Should it be? Nope. Should we try to change the way that is done, yes.

You are actually doing more harm than good to your cause by being an abrasive asshat.

Lead a horse to water. Don't get behind it, kicking it towards your water hole. Doesn't work very well. You should know that by now oldtimer. Go get some of that wisdom thats supposed to be there from "older folks" . . . . K grandpa?

Now . . . . go get your walker and make me a sandwich.

Edited by NoyZ
  • Like 1

Can't wait for these to be on every server! Ditto to the Standalone.

One thing, I read that zombie attacks don't put you in combat, but attacking them does? I think, and this is MHO, the timer should be a bit shorter for if you are killing zeds. If it isn't already. Since axing a zed in the head shouldn't take 30 seconds. But then again, nothing is so urgent in RL that if you are just clearing zeds from an area to log you can't just wait it out. I just like the fact that now I can actually get a kill if I shot at someone and hit them with a sniper, I've had it happen where the guy was logging and I got a head shot on him, but he didn't die, cause he logged. Kinda pissed me off. Oh well, hope to see the standalone soon and fixes like these there.

ohh.. you didnt release it in my b day..

im sad :(

• Like 1

I can't play day z!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! where do i download??

DayZ Commander?

Community edition eh?

Then please fix the hackers, females not being able to wear camo/ghillie suits and the glitchy zombies.

Zombies are the worst problem since ever and nothing happens to them. Instead you make it impossible to palce tents in a house? Really?

Your complaining about lack of content when the patch fixes both duping and alt-f4'ing. You can't really 'fix' hackers, considering Arma is a client trusting engine that uses scripts to run the game and If you bothered to read the changelog then you would know that to some extent, zombies have actually been fixed. The community made this patch, they didn't just suggest it.

Edited by CombatWombat
  • Like 1