rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

If the new comabt logging systems kills me one time because of my bad internetconnection ill stop playing DayZ.

The "kill you" portion of the combat system is not implemented. You will not die to this.

Edit: DirtyCry had a legitimate concern, regardless of the manner in which he presented it. This also happens to be a concern of many others. Flaming him is beneath you. If you want to make fun of something, lambaste his grammar and spelling, not his concerns.

Edited by Erizid
  • Like 1

If the new comabt logging systems kills me one time because of my bad internetconnection ill stop playing DayZ.

So only 999,999 people will play then? Oh no, what a loss.

• Like 1

The updates have been submitted by the community, coordinated by Razor who I believe received submissions from many people.

If you guys want to argue about who wrote or did what, then really the whole point of the community update system is just not going to work at all. That is why we made an open repository to try and say that nobody owns the code to try and stop such arguments.

I'm not against helping DayZ Mod. In fact, I'd love to personally help out and give back to the mod that has given me a lot of joy an inspired me to make an offshoot mod of it. I'm just perturbed by the fact that it appears large chunks of what I wrote were lifted and I wasn't even contacted. I wouldn't have refused. I just would've liked to know that it was being done so that I could potentially help do it or comment on what things probably shouldn't have been implemented (like my combat system). If that goes live in 1.7.3, expect a lot of "getting lots of red chains/desync now" threads. It's something I need to rewrite and am in the process of doing now, actually. I'd love to help. But instead of being asked to help or being informed what was being done, I just end up reading literally word-for-word patch notes I wrote myself and finding out that way.

If R4Z0R49 willingly has been copy/pasting from others' work without even informing them, that just makes me a very sad panda if that's the mantra of the project lead. I concede that he may have no idea it was taken from Redux, though, and some user just submit it without informing him. Again, not upset my code is in DayZ Mod (I'd love to help!), but just upset no one even told me it was happening or asked for my input/help. I'd advise against taking my combat system code until Redux 0.3.0 when it's rewritten, at the very least (advice I could've given if asked directly). Otherwise, if it is my code, red chains will be afoot.

• Like 11

What do you think of resetting the whole db? Since we blocked the duping(i'm so happy omg) we may have to eliminate the already duped items that are so abundant all over the servers right now. Also we now can balance the equipments much accurately since we get the right data.

This ^^

I'm not against helping DayZ Mod. In fact, I'd love to personally help out and give back to the mod that has given me a lot of joy an inspired me to make an offshoot mod of it. I'm just perturbed by the fact that it appears large chunks of what I wrote were lifted and I wasn't even contacted. I wouldn't have refused. I just would've liked to know that it was being done so that I could potentially help do it or comment on what things probably shouldn't have been implemented (like my combat system). If that goes live in 1.7.3, expect a lot of "getting lots of red chains/desync now" threads. It's something I need to rewrite and am in the process of doing now, actually. I'd love to help. But instead of being asked to help or being informed what was being done, I just end up reading literally word-for-word patch notes I wrote myself and finding out that way.

If R4Z0R49 willingly has been copy/pasting from others' work without even informing them, that just makes me a very sad panda if that's the mantra of the project lead. I concede that he may have no idea it was taken from Redux, though, and some user just submit it without informing him. Again, not upset my code is in DayZ Mod (I'd love to help!), but just upset no one even told me it was happening or asked for my input/help. I'd advise against taking my combat system code until Redux 0.3.0 when it's rewritten, at the very least (advice I could've given if asked directly). Otherwise, if it is my code, red chains will be afoot.

You can view all the code at:

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod

I am familiar with neither your work, or his, so if you're asking me to assist with assessing who's is what, I cannot.

Perhaps you could review the repository, and create a thread outlining your issues and/or get involved with the community update process.

This is your guys system, you guys wanted an "open source" approach. If it is going to end up full of politics then I will wash my hands of it very quickly.

• Like 3

Only duping with Zombies and backpacks has been fixed.

Duping has not been completely fixed.

Not looked @ the code yet but if the anti-alt f4 is the same as the one from tunngle, you guys are in for a lot of pain :) ... innocent people will die, servers will be flooded with cloned bodies of people that logged off and so on.

Venthos, the code was submitted to them anonymously. While I grant you that this collaboration was not advertised to the extent it should have been, your only recourse at this point is to PM or email RAZ0R directly. You now have two full-bodied posts attested to your code being included. Just contact the project lead directly instead of soap-boxing.

It is starting to feel more like you want some kind of public recognition for your contribution (in addition to having your concerns over the combat code addressed).

• Like 1

Problems i see with the combat logging thing is that you can no longer alt+f4 hackers, and if you loose your connection in a after shooting your own weapon you loose your shit :/

Although that sucks i think it will be mostly positive :)

addressed to the kind sir whining about the following.:

If i get killed by a glitch or a stupid bandit.. its okay.. but when the devs starts to implement stuff that kills me for my bad inet its enough an no more fun.

Please please please, just don't play a game if you know your Computer And/Or Internet connection sucks.

Whine about others when your hardware does not support this, comeon ! :S

Please please please just stay away.!

wish your internet connection dropped when typing that post of yours.

Edited by Stigmata87
  • Like 2

The invitation to community collaboration was made quite a while ago.

The interest was kind of low at the time but hopefully the activity picks up now :)

• Like 2

The patchnotes at the beginning need to be amended to reflect the fact that the "kill you" portion of the combat logging system isn't implemented.

Everyone is just reading it and then complaining.

The invitation to community collaboration was made quite a while ago.

The interest was kind of low at the time but hopefully the activity picks up now :)

The invitation (from my own, outsider perspective), was a loose association of hive-coders talking to each other. I can't remember any announcement mentioning the fact that the code would be used to generate the next DayZ patch.

Edited by Erizid

excellent news !!!

nice to see nabs who disconnect during battle will finally pay the price

Edited by dgeesio

we never got invited i see a few of our code in there :D the vehicle stuff for sure (kk style)!

Edited by MessHall
  • Like 1

I would add something to the anti alt-f4 code to prevent cheaters from mass teleporting & killing people. For example, let Abort button work if player changed position over a large distance too quickly OR was attachedTo an object that was far away from him (they started doing this to bypass the setPos filter witch is pretty useless nowadays).

Also, there is a "new" issue, one of the skins in the code can provide invisibility, i know it was intended but cheaters morph into it quite often.

Rocket, can you make something glow or appear to show the user is on "combat"?

e.g. If you get on combat, a "skull" icon appears... I dont know, something like it to prevent unwanted kills.

Also, to remind folks... this is a

pending update

Anyone who wants to participate or wants to ensure their authorship is noted etc, can join in the development using the repository and join the skype conversation. It's not an exclusive club. It's a club that matt had to go around and press-gang people into because nobody really wanted to organize it themselves.

• Like 3

Holy shit! This truly is a great community. And wow what an update. I'm almost speechless. Kudos to EVERYBODY involved.

Also I like the combat logging. Very similar to the idea i had a few months back. w00t!!!!!

• Like 1

Locking this until authorship issues are resolved.

Pending updated is PENDING.

we never got invited i see a few of our code in there :D the vehicle stuff for sure (kk style)!

Pretty sure it was an open invitation, you just had to PM Matt.

Unlocking...

Interest in the community update project has now skyrocketed. Which is great news for everyone.

I don't know when the update will be out, I am hoping today but that is beyond my control, it is in the hands of the community team. Those who want to be involved contact matt and he will add you to the skype chat.

• Like 6

Dafuq? Is this real life?

Now THATS a change log.

Edited by Sheepdawg
  • Like 1