griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

The only thing I am asking for is a release date so I won't have to check the website everyday...

Same here. My AOL minutes are getting burned up waiting for the pages to load. :P

Hello there

Just a quickie.

There are no "lies" and there is no conspiracy to suck anything from anyone.

However, we are talking to the Mayan Illuminati at our base on the moon about what went wrong with the calandar event.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 7

Hello there

Just a quickie.

There are no "lies" and there is no conspiracy to suck anything from anyone.

However, we are talking to the Mayan Illuminati at our base on the moon about what went wrong with the calandar event.

Rgds

LoK

Did they carry the one?

• Like 1

So rocket has failed to bring is the SA before the end of the year? Whatever as long as the game comes out as awesome as they made it sound I can wait (Not really but yea) Are you not ENTERTAINED!!!???

If the game is delayed for the purpose of polish I can live with that. Let's just hope some moron doesn't hack what they currently have and we get a buggy pre-alpha release on torrent.

Wow, speculation about speculation, this is interesting.

I am going to speculate that you were paid to post that comment to increase Arma II Steam sales even further.

Whoa this is all starting to unravel right before my eyes.

On a serious note after seeing the train crash that just occurred on Steam I can live with a delay for a better product (Zombie Jesus dies from anticipation as he waits for the DayZ forums to process his comment).

Agreed. If they were to release it to take advantage of Xmas sales and then things went wrong it'd be pretty unforgivable. If they delay it to act like responsible devs some still accuse them of trying to maximise sales, really it makes me laugh.

Honestly what I am really just looking for is a clear answer regarding the release date of the SA. The next best thing would be a clear statement from rocket or anyone else with this kind of authority saying he doesn't know when its going to be released.

Though it would be awesome if the SA did in fact get released this December seeing that I am on holidays for the remainder of the year. :)

Edited by ZuluActual

Its just a pain to check every day for the SA. Not just surfing this ever growing thread, but also checking reddit, twitter, and the game home page... because sadly - the information is never released in the same format... or the riddle dare I say is never released in one place... This is the first time I've had to check ever day for any information on a game, about information that was supposed to be released weeks ago...

DayZ standalone is fine, and I'm looking forward to updating progress. But first things first, many people depend on the DayZmod - paying for server rentals etc. So I and others have an obligation to see this all goes smoothly.
Fair point. This was a crisis that needed attention to enable people to play. Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say...

Servers are back up - and it seems like he stated he would be addressing us after this mis-hap... I've been literally checking every day since late Nov, its one thing to not be able to tell us whats going on because some type of binding, but its another to at least release some time line information - I'm not asking for a release date.. but I am however asking a simple yes or no question - even if it requires explanation

Will DayZ come out before the year is out - or am I simply wasting my time playing Private Investigator for DayZ SA?

• Like 4

At the end of the day Rocket said at Eurogamer that it HAD to be out by the end of the year.

We have nothing yet.

Rocket, you really have to come out and tell us how it is.

Its not the way to handle game development at all.

So rocket has failed to bring is the SA before the end of the year? Whatever as long as the game comes out as awesome as they made it sound I can wait (Not really but yea) Are you not ENTERTAINED!!!???

It's not the end of the year yet, so he has not failed anything.

It "HAD" to be out if Rocket wanted to achieve his goals.

That doesn't guarantee anything.

It's going to be released when it's in an appropriate state IMHO.

There's enough on telly/internet to keep me going over xmas and the new year I assume the same for the rest of us.

Relax, do something else and play the game when it's released. We all would love it soon but I'd prefer it in a playable state.

rgds

LoK

After what can only be described as the complete and utter fiasco that has happened with the release of...The game that shall not be named...I am happy to wait, and everyone else should be too.

Buy a couple of new games on the Steam sales. Play a couple of games that you have been neglecting to pass the time. Let Rocket and Co. get the SA into a proper state to release it on Steam. Then when it releases, we can all murder each other senselessly with joy in our hearts... :P

• Like 5

I'm eager to hear any news about the release and of course even more eager to throw my money at it.

That said, comments like "Its not the way to handle game development at all." are WAY out of line. As well as questioning his motives and suggesting he is withholding the release to increase Arma2 sales. I haven't been following the standalone progress much, but even I know that's some first class bullshit.

It's the equivalent of saying Sergey Titov pulled WarZ from Steam because he wanted to provide his customers with a better product.

It "HAD" to be out if Rocket wanted to achieve his goals.

That doesn't guarantee anything.

It's going to be released when it's in an appropriate state IMHO.

There's enough on telly/internet to keep me going over xmas and the new year I assume the same for the rest of us.

Relax, do something else and play the game when it's released. We all would love it soon but I'd prefer it in a playable state.

rgds

LoK

Go get'em LoK

Folks - it will be released when it is ready - go get your diaper changed and get a fresh bottle.

Then WAIT

I'm staying right here, in my shitty diaper drinking my cold bottle until then sir!

I'm sorry if this has been said but the only thing Rocket did really confirm is that SA will happen. I, by my work, perfectly understand what pressure means noy only from all sides but also high blood pressure. It means that a person is going through a huge amount of constant stress for a period of time. I'd like to tell everyone that; 1) Rocket is not the only one person with his hands deep in the developmet of SA and things are not exactly fully in his hands; 2) The SA which is now in developement will certainly differ fom what it is supposed to be so I understand Rocket's "silence period" because he wants to sort out what is actually there, what he has as a product and how to present it to public, it's really a tough one in my opinion; 3) As I've seen fom all his interviews, twitter, reddit or whatever he has been constantly asked the same questions and giving the same answers all over again which is needed but also shows an overeacting.

He is not a bot, he is a living human being who just need space and time to do the job he does and want to do and with all the commotion around SA, his figure, his work it doesn't get better. If we want a better SA and developer's interest in what they are doing we as a fan crowd need to lay off for them to just work and not to shuffle all over the things thealready know. There is a reason why we are not told the whole situation about developement of the SA, so let it be, because it's not getting any better than that. It's not good or bad, it's just the way it is. I myself is looking forward to this game but I really don't want anyone to push it's developers to the limit where they loose any interest in the job they do because of people who actually care only the final product and not the developement part.

Be a human being and act like one, because otherwise you will get nothing you expect due to your intolerence of othes work.

• Like 4

Yea your right - asking if a game is going to come out this year is being extremely pushy on a team that told us they would have a news post of how the product is doing weeks ago. Very unhuman like of me, or anyone else that simply wants to just have some news because I'm such a DayZ fan.

The fact is really simple to the matter. This is how simple if could be to settle the dust of the crowd. If BIS told us they'd have a Arma 3 update several weeks ago and did this - do you think there would be the same type of response?

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/347-status-update-for-arma-3

Hes got big-boy fans (1.4mil?), and hes in the big-boy games now, time to put on big-boy pants and push through for his fans. Hes living his dream, sure he might be under stress right now - but hes doing his dream job as he stated. I haven't been this excited for a game to release in a very, very long time - is it wrong for me to crave information - specifically very null and low level information, such as "Will DayZ come out before the year is out - or am I simply wasting my time playing Private Investigator for DayZ SA?" Not asking when we'll get a human on Mars...

Edited by FinKone

Hello there

Craving info is one thing. Slating DH for not being perfect is another.

Lack of regular info is irritating, I understand that. I personally prefer a regular weekly post, even if it is vague or simply a "nothing to report, folks" type post.

Lastly, we have to remember this is a very small team and not an AAA production with whole individual departments.

We all want a full blown Linited edition SA in our xmas stockings, but all we can do is wait and be patient.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Go get'em LoK

Folks - it will be released when it is ready - go get your diaper changed and get a fresh bottle.

Then WAIT

I'm staying right here, in my shitty diaper drinking my cold bottle until then sir!

How about you be a big boy too and wait patiently?

No. I'm just a end-user. I don't need to be a big boy!

LoK - I get what you're saying, I guess I'm making a assumption because its a smaller team we'd have a better line of communication as of the status... instead its some how ass backwards. ;(

Nobody knows because Rocket is obviously too stressed to tell it, or he doesnt give shit and just dont want to say.

Does anybody give fuck if it comes this month or not? Dont think so, we just want to know yes/no, not some bullshit updates with basically nothing new.

Grow up dude.

Hello there

Things like PR often get pushed to the back burner in small projects at certain times and some folk just don't realise how massively important a constant line of communications actually is, even when there is no news to report.

I'm not aiming this at the dayz devs just at small projects in general.

Also, its easy to forget that although one is or has been for some time aware of a snippet of info or news, that other people may not have been so fortunate, so I can understand why things can get heated.

*man hugs all round*

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok