griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

So its like Dayz in Real life, but it is real life.

I'm confuzzled.

Look at steam guys, They've launched a big sale with low prices, Should I buy It or wait for SA. Will I be able to play Dayz SA with Arma 2 CO?

;

Well i am in a pickle..

I either wait out for the DayZ standalone which is as long as a piece of string or get ArmA II Combined Operations now and then get the DayZ mod as ArmA is now only £15 and with Christmas and all money is tight, need opinions.

It would definitely be worth it! Not only for the game (Arma 2:CO) but for DayZ as well. It surely won't be a waste to try the mod already and especially considering the mod will still be obtained by the community even after the standalone will be released it will offer you value for the money(and no, as you can already guess it from the name, the DayZ standalone will be completely independend from Arma and be its own game)

The community will most likely also be able to do some experiments the official dev team won't be able to implement, so having this opportunity will most likely guarantee you more than just practice and fun in the meantime.

Edited by PurePassion

This whole situation is a mess and to be honest, nothing is being done about it. It's really pretty simple, make an assessment as to where the game stands in the development process and give a realistic time frame as to when you see the alpha being released.

I for one respect someone who takes responsibility for things and gives it to me straight. Most adults do. At least making the statement will get the majority of the community to quiet down. You'll still have people crying about missing the release window, but to be honest, those type of people are always crying about something anyway.

I don't mind that DayZ will be released later. What I don't like about whole situation is completely no ANY info. I just want to know at what stage of production they are. Instead of this we are getting evasive answers which, in fact, tell nothing. I'm an customer and Rocket is producer and his most important job is to make customer happy because he will get money FROM ME/US!.

Edited by Kaczor

It's a good ideia to buy now Arma 2 CO to practice and have more fun on SA. Just one more question, and I think It might not be here, but: Are there hackers?? Many? I'm really worried about this.

Is there any feature in this forum to blacklist users so I will not see their posts. I really need it in this guy because I've hated every post that I've seen from him in couple weeks.

http://25.media.tumb...8rbaao1_400.gif

Edited by k3lt

It's a good ideia to buy now Arma 2 CO to practice and have more fun on SA. Just one more question, and I think It might not be here, but: Are there hackers?? Many? I'm really worried about this.

Well, the problem is that DayZ is a mod for a game that is very userfriendly in its construction. Arma's mods have always been the heart of the game ever since the first "Operation Flashpoint" game. That means the multiplayer structure is open for the user and he can use scripts for his custom missions which he can create freely.

However, due to the success of DayZ, this openess that was based on previous trust of the user and has always worked in the original scope, the Arma community, there have been people who are abusing this freedom to hack.

Therefore, hackers ,or better to say, scripters are a real threat to the mod. Especially highly popluated servers suffer from them.

This is not to say the Standalone will be the same because it will actually restrict the user in this department much more as these structures are not needed here anymore, leaving a much more secure concept that removes all these previous abilities to hack.

Nonetheless, there has already been a major progress and ever since private hives with whitelist protection have been established, the hacking problem is marginal if you're lucky with the server choice.

So, just look for a well administrated private hive server and the hackers aren't a problem :)

@SupahRyan, no problem, you're welcome mate!

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 1

Why dont you just push back the release to a not defined date in the future, enjoy the holidays and release it when you feel its ready and you have enough time to do it right. What happens when you rush it you can observe with warz. Just relax and dont let warz push you to do crazy stuff that hurt your game.

and just communicate it. The more youre holding back, the more stress youre making yourself. Some will be mad but most people will understand and appreciate you being up front with us.

I think people should stop throwing money in Bohemias and Valves faces by buying ARMA 2 copies. I have a hunch that rocket might then be able to give us more solid information.

• Like 2

I think people should stop throwing money in Bohemias and Valves faces by buying ARMA 2 copies. I have a hunch that rocket might then be able to give us more solid information.

it is good to support Bohemia because DayZ SA will be their product with rocket as project lead ;)

edit: i hope im not talkin shit^^

but im pretty sure rocket wrote something like that a while ago (currently to lazy to search for that) =P

Edited by siew

No one here is giving Rocket crap because of what appears to be an inevitable delay. The only thing us "spoiled children" feel entitled to is when a man says he is going to say something that he is going to follow through and not run to the safety of Reddit. We wanted a simple one or two sentence update, REGARDLESS as to what the update consisted of. If the suits pulled the plug on what he was going to say, then spend ten minutes to update the dev blog saying exactly that. End of story and everyone has their update and the wait continues. Don't just disappear, then pop up on Reddit of all places and post some cryptic garbage then go all emo.

Of course the children of the millennium generation who are insulted at the thought of being held responsible for anything are the ones truly whining. He really needs to stick to the dev side and BIS needs to fork over some of the mounds of cash they are raking in off of Rocket's labor and help the guy out. In my opinion BIS is not supporting Rocket or the game enough.

• Like 1

Ok Arma 2 is now 15 euro's so i'll see you guys on the mod and maybe in january or something i'll catch you guys on the sa :D

So if it is hard and depressing to make a game you once felt passionate about just quit. Ive had enough bull, be true to yourself and walkaway.

Theres alot harder issues people are facing than what your dealing with.

I don't even understand what the matter is. Rocket you get requests to do interviews and emails from people who want to know about the game progress? So what? You got a spam folder, no? This makes you think about resigning? You are stressed because people ask questions? You aren't able to do a weekly 10 minute update and give some transparency for the people that are out there waiting? Man the fuck up, seriously. If you think its too much pressure because for whatever reason this game needs to be perfect to you, you could communicate it that way. And maybe go to some cognitive behavioral therapist and get some help.

• Like 9

Guys

For F#@k sake give the man a break, he is stressed and properly pissed off he's not gonna meet the strict and somewhat crazy deadline he set himself on the project.

At the end of the day It's not the end of the world, well in 40 minutes it maybe but please show some festive spirit, it is almost Christmas.

The game will be ready and better than ever sometime next year and I for one cannot wait.

To all the Dayz Staff Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

If I was working on a game that everyone was so hyped (and in some cases whingy) about, I'd be sitting back relaxing on my Christmas holidays, not working, exactly like I am now. Screw working when you should be on a break. I don't really expect the game to come out until sometime into the new year and it doesn't bother me. Big supporter of the whole "Quality over quantity" concept too. Looking forward to the release.

Guys, don't you see? Remember why rocket made DayZ the way it is?

To be a social experiment. He wanted to simulate the reaction of humans to a zombie apocalypse.

This is just another social experiment.

It kind of reminds me of that scene in 28 days later, where the zombie is in chains at the military chateau. They wanted to know how long it took for him to starve.

Of course in the end someone set him loose and he zombified/ate a lot of people.

I'm still trying to figure out the correlation between that last part and this thread :|

• Like 1

this needs to come out soon to ensure I get my 2012 Holiday Sale Badge from Steam

Guys, don't you see? Remember why rocket made DayZ the way it is?

To be a social experiment. He wanted to simulate the reaction of humans to a zombie apocalypse.

This is just another social experiment.

It kind of reminds me of that scene in 28 days later, where the zombie is in chains at the military chateau. They wanted to know how long it took for him to starve.

Of course in the end someone set him loose and he zombified/ate a lot of people.

I'm still trying to figure out the correlation between that last part and this thread :|

Drugs are bad for your health.

If you assholes ever want a standalone version, you might want to invest in a soul first. Seriously, you guys put the "Screwed" in Scrooge, have alittle Christmas cheer for christ's sake!

• Like 2

^^effing word.

The curious thing about gamers is that they think playing someone's game, grants them direct access to their soul.

If you assholes ever want a standalone version, you might want to invest in a soul first. Seriously, you guys put the "Screwed" in Scrooge, have alittle Christmas cheer for christ's sake!

but I promised Tiny Tim the DayZ StandAlone for Christmas. bah, humbug!

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1