griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

rocket said he's overwhelmed atm because of everything (2 devs in prison, warZ situation, what'll he do about the development, people spamming him asking him about standalone release date). it's best to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be released prior to 2012

• Like 1

Good things come to those who wait... To quote Shigeru Miyamoto

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever."

I believe people should really back the fuck off Rocket and his team. From my experience as a professional actor luckily I have the easiest of creative development in my opinion anyway. Film scripts that are good can take up to years followed by extensive PreProduction Filming etc we all know it takes time for things of great substance to be made. No this isnt a movie what I am getting across is these guys have immense pressure with little funding I have been apart of the Indi film scene for some time and when money is lacking things may take longer and unforeseen problems arise like any form of creative art. Even AAA Studios encounter problems which they remedy by throwing money at which DayZ Dev from my understanding do not have the luxury

At the end of the day I take my Hat off to Rocket and Co have a little empathy people secondary December is a crazy fucking time of year for people professionally and personally Thirdly Blood Pressure is no joke and to the adults on here with high risk or mentally strenuous jobs im sure you will appreciate his situation.

I am an impatient guy myself and hanging for this but if we all show a little maturity and patience it will be well worth the wait go for a walk or find something to do for a few weeks before we know it we will all be dodging bullets and Zeds in Cherno which i look forward to doing with you guys :)

Edited by Big Bear
  • Like 1

WarZ situation is in his favor currently, I do understand how he feels though, everyone counting on him and getting thousands of messages and such. He made a reddit post about just shutting down at home and just working on small parts of dayz because he is physically overwhelmed

Plus there is all the gym time he has been putting in to increase his bro'ness and impress the ladies.

you can't act like you don't care when the game is coming out, and then post in this thread. it seems there's a lot of cool guys acting like they don't care, while at the same time hammering F5 on twitter, tumbler, reddit, this thread, etc

• Like 3

you can't act like you don't care when the game is coming out, and then post in this thread. it seems there's a lot of cool guys acting like they don't care, while at the same time hammering F5 on twitter, tumbler, reddit, this thread, etc

we all care. there's just nothing that one can do except be patient.

• Like 4

Are the new maps apart of the actual game from the developers or are those people just adding onto the game. If yes the are they gonna be in the Standalone.

we all care. there's just nothing that one can do except be patient.

Not true! The more i mash my keys, the faster the game will be developed!

• Like 2

Oh boy, this guy has been watching me xD

• Like 1

It's not a matter of "not caring" as it is not getting up Rocket (or anyone else's) ass about when the game's going to be released. The whole dev team likely would have been better off pulling an Id-software and just saying that they'd release the game when it's ready as opposed to putting a deadline on it. As you can see, people get antsy when deadlines are approached and even moreso when they're missed.

Are the new maps apart of the actual game from the developers or are those people just adding onto the game. If yes the are they gonna be in the Standalone.

The only maps we'll get is Chernarus Plus, a bigger Chernarus with more enterable buildings.

Dear Rocket and DayZ dev team,

I'd absolutely love to eventually see a revamped version of the Seattle map from Take on helicopters converted to work with DayZ...That would be epic. :)

• Like 1

hey there! someone said this and it got me thinking.

"If it was coming in the next week there would be some kind of info on Steam and probably from the developers too"

is this true? if dayzSA was coming out this month there would be news on steam? but theres nothing.

in the dayz confirmed thread,in "facts" they said it was coming out in December. so there are 9 more days it could be released.

i hope they did not lie to us and push it back into 2013.

@pixel.

Please stop with the "lies" thing.

There are no "lies" as you put it.

oh, and don't make new threads on existing subjects.

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

It would be nice just to know if the Alpha going to be released or delayed, instead of leaving us in the dark. 9 days left, it's not a matter of patience anymore.

People need to realise the only reason folk are annoyed is because rocket said "if everything is going fine you will hear nothing, if there is going to be a delay we will communicate it to the community".

Thus far the game has not been released and we haven't been told about any delay. We are all aware that the December release was very ambitious but why not just say "sorry guys we couldn't make December, it will be available some time in 2013."

@ Pixel.

Stop it.

• Like 3