griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I would like to see a solid DayZ standalone foundation release, maybe with a few freautures in lets say... febuary or even later. I don't care.

With a fit rocket enjoying his work. ^_^

Great another vague answer, i really dont care when this game is released but i'm kind of in dubio now. I dont have arma 2, it costs 25 euro's, it's not like i'm broke or something but i dont want to buy a game that is useless in maybe a couple of days or hours. If there was a date set i could wage my losses, which now i cant.

I'm thinking though that steam wants to get some money out of warz. I know evrybody is saying it's a shitgame bla bla bla but just look @ the sales. It's doing real good, dayZ though has to wait for this to clear. Then it will be released i think.

context much gamespy?

• Like 3

Sorry my english, I'm brazilian...

So, I'm new to this game and I've seen many times It on youtube. Now i want to buy It until Christimas, but a part of me wants to wait for the SA. What do you guys think about the release date? Will be in december, early january or even long, like feb, march, april?

Thx!

Sorry my english, I'm brazilian...

So, I'm new to this game and I've seen many times It on youtube. Now i want to buy It until Christimas, but a part of me wants to wait for the SA. What do you guys think about the release date? Will be in december, early january or even long, like feb, march, april?

Thx!

I'm getting the vibe that this is VERY unlikely. It would appear Rocket has had a bit of a melt down in regards to development. But can you blame him?

It's quite good how WarZ turned out.

1. It showed massive sales on Steam, proving DayZ will provide the same sales.

2. It got removed because it was a 'rush job' and didn't provide any of the features they boasted.

Meaning DayZ will be the hero when all this gets completed and WarZ will just look like a cheap knock off that no one will buy.

no mention of warz by DH.

Naw, he is too tired and depressed to write 1 sentence.

• Like 2

DayZ doesn't need to be marketed dude, that job has already been handled by the community.

If I've offended you by pointing out the immaturity of some of the complainers, GOOD. Grow up.

words cannot express my hatred for your feeling of superiority and brown-nosing.

anyway, back to topic, for me i think there should at least be some kind of recognition that there hasn't been any news. a 'sorry for no news, we've been very busy' would have been fine.

To me, that's actually a good answer :)

You know, looking back at how things evolved around the DayZ project, it is no surprise to see a normal chap such as Dean to feel the overwhelming nature of it.

Don't worry about what you feel know, Dean, it is actually a good reaction as it shows how much you care about your project.

Naturally, expectations can make you crazy and haunt you when you try to sleep as you fear to not meet them but at the end of the day, these expecations are nothing but a show of interest and this interest is what makes you stronger and feeds your dedication.

If no-one cared about DayZ back then when you did the forum thread, all these great things would never have become reality.

And to everyone having these expecations and demands, I think we should understand that what we actually demand is a good game.

This good game can only be achieved with work and that work takes time.

More time given to the development crew equals a better game and as long as financing isn't a problem, the equation works. The first release build is in fact very crucial. Perhaps even more than many people estimate it to be. It might just be a "foundation build" but to many people it is nothing short but the first impression of "the" DayZ game. Therefore, we all should aspire it will be the best it can.

Dean did not publish the "news" he announced.

But why are you here? To play a good game?

While he did not make these announcements, has the game gotten any worse?

I think, it wasn't clever to not live up to the message and I think it should have been handled better but I really don't care about it in any bigger scale.

I think it would have been much worse to actually do these announcements and then in fact not delievering them (as it was drastically shown by Sergey Titov in such a poor way...). That would be a true and fatal mistake.

What Dean did was nothing but telling us he wants to avoid precisely this mistake and thus, it was not possible to announce a release date or similar.

My advice for the community would be to try to be productive in the meantime.

Let's philosophise more abut the game concept, let's think more about gamefeatures, let's produce more creative ideas.

There have been many good advices and ideas that originated from the community and they deserve further thoughts.

This is our opportunity to help shape the game we want and make the demands we have possible. It is already proven that Dean is using the ressource that is the community and appreciates its potential.

It's ultimately the root and crown of DayZ.

• Like 6

I've been pretty depressed about the whole situation. From a personal standpoint, this whole "saga" of the development made me seriously question if I wanted to be involved in the industry and I gave serious thought to cutting my losses and not being involved in the project.

(frpm: http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226994p1.html)

Noooo Rocket! Don't get depressed! We all know that Dayz SA will be infinitely better than that War Z Rubbish :D

Moreover, don't feel rushed into getting it out in time for the end of the year just because of all the posts about when it will be out!!! Instead, see people's keenness to see the release asap for what it is (with most people) - a commitment to DayZ in general, and a community excited about what's coming next :)

At the end of the day, it takes as long as it takes. I am sure that the last thing ANYONE wants is for DayZ standalone to be rushed due to the pressure of the WarZ release, or for any other reason.

Personally? I am really excited about the SA being released, but I will continue to play DayZ mod right up until then, and also continue to play the mod (along with the SA) when it's out... Nothing will change that, not if 100 x warZ updates came out in the meantime! :P

This is good exsample, you can see how overwhelming it can be if you try to DO IT RIGHT.

Opposite exsample is warz, its all roses, rainbows and unicorn there for the "master mind" when you sweep everything under the carpet, do not deal with it and do not really care about it.

Its just shows that rocket has a spine, he just not some snake like at least one other developer.

After those words from rocket I would lock this thread and let the whole thing cool down. News will come when the time comes.

I can only imagine how annoying and frustrating it is when retards like us are banging on the every window and door to get something out of him.

Leave it be for now.

Edited by Zeppa

Lol, kiss some more ass people.

This is what i was thinking reading some of the latest posts, pathetic.

• Like 3

Dean is turning into a mix betweenn Gabe and Notch. Im actually okay with that, think that will make it easier for him to get real work done. However, i can't wait for the next devblog update. Gooooooo Rocket!

Well i am in a pickle..

I either wait out for the DayZ standalone which is as long as a piece of string or get ArmA II Combined Operations now and then get the DayZ mod as ArmA is now only £15 and with Christmas and all money is tight, need opinions.

Edited by SupahRyan

I'm sure I'll be modded for this, but I'm really glad someone said it. I had to laugh when I read that post claiming that there were "so many people giving him a hard time". All I see is blind worship from the masses and maybe 5 or 6 people willing to tell him to man up. I don't mind that they're definitely not making it by the end of this year, but it's pretty annoying that something like stress of all things has caused the delay we all knew was coming in the back of our minds. It's just hard to believe that someone who served is stressed about something like this of all things in the first place. I didn't mind at first, but all of the people taking the high ground and looking down on anyone who isn't willing to join everyone else in treating him like the hardest working guy in the world and giving him nothing but praise for basically abandoning the community for now have become truly obnoxious.

• Like 5

I like this thread more then ever now since it has turned into a great way to find out what members are good, reasonable guys and who are insane, impatient, rude and spoiled kids. :)

• Like 3

I couldn't disagree with the posts below more!

• The guy started a mod... a FREE mod.

• It got popular, so a standalone was planned

• Someone ripped off the standalone, by basically cloning/re-skinning another existing game, which for any new business, is a risk

• He hands over the development of the free mod to a trusted member of the Dayz community (different, in my opinion, to abandoning it)

• Release date is put back - but hey, when don't release dates get put back??? Bear in mind too that 2 members of the arma3 dev team that got locked up (may not be working on dayz SA I know, but the SA is at least being developed by the same company, bound to effect it all).

• He gets flak for what? the delays? (usual in development) -= abandoning the FREE mod (erm, why not contact the guy thats handling the mod development now instead of moaning?!)

• IF you say he doesn't get flak of people, explain why a positive post gained 3 negatives in what, an hour?

Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are things to complain about, but at the end of the day, this is a FREE ALPHA mod... and it's far superior to the War Z rubbish that was actually a paid product!

I don't support EVERYTHING I see that's pro-rocket, far from it, but... Give the guy a break, it's likely been a hell of a rollercoaster ride with DayZ, and I am sure he is doing his best... why the hell wouldn't he be!

Right... que the flaming of my post by all the haters!!!

I'm sure I'll be modded for this, but I'm really glad someone said it. I had to laugh when I read that post claiming that there were "so many people giving him a hard time". All I see is blind worship from the masses and maybe 5 or 6 people willing to tell him to man up. I don't mind that they're definitely not making it by the end of this year, but it's pretty annoying that something like stress of all things has caused the delay we all knew was coming in the back of our minds. It's just hard to believe that someone who served is stressed about something like this of all things in the first place. I didn't mind at first, but all of the people taking the high ground and looking down on anyone who isn't willing to join everyone else in treating him like the hardest working guy in the world and giving him nothing but praise for basically abandoning the community for now have become truly obnoxious.

Edited by Petunia-Server
  • Like 2

Is there any feature in this forum to blacklist users so I will not see their posts. I really need it in this guy because I've hated every post that I've seen from him in couple weeks.

• Like 1