griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I don't even understand what the matter is. Rocket you get requests to do interviews and emails from people who want to know about the game progress? So what? You got a spam folder, no? This makes you think about resigning? You are stressed because people ask questions? You aren't able to do a weekly 10 minute update and give some transparency for the people that are out there waiting? Man the fuck up, seriously. If you think its too much pressure because for whatever reason this game needs to be perfect to you, you could communicate it that way. And maybe go to some cognitive behavioral therapist and get some help.

Yeah but do that yourself 6 months in a row. I'm sure you want to take one week break from it in xmas.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I seriously get pissed when I see whiney people like rocket say they want to quit because of stress and high blood pressure? Seriously wtf?

You have an opportunity to live a dream and make your own game and probably make a ton of money in the process and all you can do is whine?

I got made redundant 7 months ago and have lost over £25000 in lost pay and have almost no income to pay the bills. The economy is screwed and jobs are scarce so don't talk to me about stress and high blood pressure.

On a positive note I nearly finished skyrim in my free time

• Like 2

Fucking Wankers.

That's all I've got to say about some of you entitled fucks in this thread.

• Like 1

I seriously get pissed when I see whiney people like rocket say they want to quit because of stress and high blood pressure? Seriously wtf?

You have an opportunity to live a dream and make your own game and probably make a ton of money in the process and all you can do is whine?

I got made redundant 7 months ago and have lost over £25000 in lost pay and have almost no income to pay the bills. The economy is screwed and jobs are scarce so don't talk to me about stress and high blood pressure.

There is no need to be an asshole. If you want to be like that, gtfo.

Edited by EpOcH91
  • Like 3

wow im amazed how people cant read the essence of the complaints properly.

Ill do it as much obvious as i can for the headless pro rocket faction:

the problem is not that he isnt launching the game untill the end of the year ...that never was a promise more like something you can hope for but if isnt that way nobody cares.

what is really the problem is that he makes promises about how he would give us news about the game i!

now think about that for a sec ....

yes you cant refuse it!

also i dont care if it comes out this or next year if its good but being emo about stuff isn't a solution.

if he really is that stressed out he could just announce that the game will be out in january or febuary next year and take a break. im fine with that!

but keeping up hopes and teasing people into the deepest black isnt a good thing!

i apreciate the work he has done so far and thank him for a really good mod but this?- no comment or ill be banned!

best regards Brokks

Edited by Brokks
  • Like 2

Be happy guys, there´s a chance tomorrow, It will be 21st, the end of the world, day zero. Hope It will available at Steam...

Edited by zombie123

Maybe you lost your reading skills along with your job, but it sounds like Rocket just lost his job too, being DISCHARGED FROM THE ARMY and all.

There is no need to be an asshole. If you want to be like that, gtfo.

Well he may have been harsh about it but you can't discredit him. Half of what I read from Rocket is him complaining about how horrible it is to be in this industry.

Not that I can put myself in his position, but if I was able to turn a hobby into a living overnight the last thing I would focus on is what is bad about it. Apologies for somewhat off-topic.

• Like 1

Im sorry, I love this game with all my heart, but Rocket talked mad game till the weight of the world came down on his shoulders. first rule of business, under promise and over deliver.

and I know the bizz is tough, but never put a excuse in front of a solution.

Edited by bournesto33

Trying to adjust to civvy life after being discharged is a mind fuck to start with, some of the comments on here are unbelievable. If it wasnt for the constant whining about shit it would be easier for everyone

Would sir like some cheeeese with his WHINE

Edited by stonerftm
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the SA, I just don't want to purchase Arma II: Combined Operation just to start playing it now then once the SA gets released, buy that one

wow im amazed how people cant read the essence of the complaints properly.

Ill do it as much obvious as i can for the headless pro rocket faction:

the problem is not that he isnt launching the game untill the end of the year ...that never was a promise more like something you can hope for but if isnt that way nobody cares.

what is really the problem is that he makes promises about how he would give us news about the game i!

So you guys are throwing a fit over the lack of news about the game?

That makes all the recent posts in this thread even more facepalm worthy. I smell puppets.

I'm confuzzled.

Allow me to clear it up for you if I may.

What he is saying is that its like real life, but like Dayz in life and its real.

:)

I honestly still don't get why this is taking so long.

1. Convert the mod to standalone
  2. Interatagte with steam
  3. Optimise and stablise standalone
  4. Release and update as normal

I mean is this all Bohemia's fault? It shouldn’t really be taking long for a game/mod being advertised and released under the "minecraft model". The mod/game is already playable and even more so that when Minecraft was first released

I honestly still don't get why this is taking so long.

1. Convert the mod to standalone
  2. Interatagte with steam
  3. Optimise and stablise standalone
  4. Release and update as normal

I mean is this all Bohemia's fault? It shouldn’t really be taking long for a game/mod being advertised and released under the "minecraft model". The mod/game is already playable and even more so that when Minecraft was first released

First, Rocket and bohemia are completely recreating the game itself inside the Arma Engine, converting the mod would probably somehow infringe copyright, even though i doubt the arma developers have nothing against it.

Second, It isnt that easy, it takes time to convert things, write code, re-texture, compile, it isn't just "lets make the mod a game lol stupid"

Do it yourself if you think its that easy.

I will just say this, and I speculate;

• I think there was an initial rush to get DayZ out because of competition.
  • I think because the competition has tripped over it's own feet, the rush is gone.
  • With the pressure off, they can now work on DayZ at a realistic speed.

Keep in mind I'm not on the Bohemia Interactive payroll, and I have avoided poking the devs for info for some time now. Just take comfort in the fact that instead of locking yourself away over Christmas playing DayZ, you can spend it with your family :)

• Like 7

I hope it comes out in the middle of the steam sale....

First, Rocket and bohemia are completely recreating the game itself inside the Arma Engine, converting the mod would probably somehow infringe copyright, even though i doubt the arma developers have nothing against it.

So basically, Day Z is being revamped? Copyright issue should be a minor problem in this case as all it takes is contacting the owner, asking permission and handing them over a wad of cash. BI should already have the contacts (and possibly some partnerships) from the resources used in Arma II.

Copyright issues should be identified and solved at the Pre-Production Planning stage of development (for any kind of medium) unless something pop-up like the Interplay VS Bethesda incident which we have yet to hear about. Apparently Day Z is near release and if copyright issues are still a problem at this stage then perhaps someone might want to fix the leaky gas pipe in their office or covertly silence the journalist.

Second, It isnt that easy, it takes time to convert things, write code, re-texture, compile, it isn't just "lets make the mod a game lol stupid"

Do it yourself if you think its that easy.

Oh, please. You can do better than that.

This is not one man but a development team doing this, an experienced development team working on the same game, on a smaller and simplified version of the Arma II. Day Z was officially announced back in early August with interests spanning back into July.

As far as development goes, they've got most of the work done from them apart from the goals and objectives which seems to be out of whack, at least from the public point of view. It's easy to say that there's going to a major (big) update once it is out.

I really see this as becoming a 2013 relelase...Pointing out the obvious here.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

Maybe we get some news soon? It was posted just now regarding Dayz Mod hive outage:

"involved and there would be some loss of character data. But it would have required alot of time when we're all supposed to be on holiday, and when I'm supposed to be writing up all the info on DayZ standalone."

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/157qzu/dayz_hive_is_down_i_need_your_help/c7k0es1

• Like 2

Fair point. This was a crisis that needed attention to enable people to play. Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say so it's less of a crisis situation. If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it, we want to make this the best it can be. That is all we care about now. Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot. Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential.
  • Like 1

Why can't we just get a nice straight to the point statement saying "this game was scheduled for December, but has now been delayed until some time in 2013." Can't be that hard can it?

Fair point. This was a crisis that needed attention to enable people to play. Standalone is going just fine, I need to be a bit more careful about what I say so it's less of a crisis situation. If only half the people buy the game because I've been super quiet then so be it, we want to make this the best it can be. That is all we care about now. Everything else is secondary, release date, profit - the lot. Marek (CEO) and me both want the same thing, DayZ to live up to its potential.

On reddit again I've stayed out of this whole thread, but enough is enough. We all understand it is stressful making a game, but dont make a deadline for a game then say you will give us an update last week and not deliver its not fair to your customers. As many people have already said one sentence is all it would take. Also these messages on reddit are taking the pissh if your going to spend Christmas at home do so don't ignore the forum Twitter and the blog and instead post in reddit. Rant over. The game is great and you seemed like you gave a fuck about the community nit sure now

• Like 3