griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I wish people would read posts from the start it would save a lot of fools from posting stupid speculation i will answer all your questions right now What if, Where, How, Who, Does it, But i, Will it, Will there, Hackers, Engines, WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT BLAH BLAH BLAH......... Just buy the fucking game if you don't like it which i highly doubt don't Kill yourself play something else i mean who has not bought a game and it turned out shit i have deal with it. I didn't start "it's the End of the world what will i do now forum" Enough said

^^ If hackers are not stopped at the beginning it's not gonna be great at all. That, plus if item duping and server hopping is not addressed either.

Then buy/start play the game when it reaches v1.0 if you can't tolerate those things.

i just have one question. will people that buy dayz full be able to still play with people that have dayz on arma 2?

Yes.

i just have one question. will people that buy dayz full be able to still play with people that have dayz on arma 2?

Yes.

No.

Yes and no! Depends on what you mean. If you're asking if you'll be able to maintain separate characters on both the standalone and mod versions at the same time, assuming you own both Arma2:CO + DayZ mod and the DayZ SA, then the answer is yes; if you're asking whether you will be able to play the mod with your character from the SA, then the answer is obviously no. Hope that helps.

Will you update the release date on the front page when an official release date is announced?

Update it? There will be a release date added most likely but there isn't currently one already there.

we want a date!

12/21/12 I'm really thinking this is going to be the date to add some marketing strategy. :)

12/12/12 kinda sounds like what occured when minecraft shared ideas w/ skyrim but overall ya this should be exciting, get to play arma and now a game where itll be (nearly) hack free

The Blog has been rather quiet as well. Shame really. Unless I'm mistaken, the last blog was 4 weeks ago. Nothing to update us about at all in that time? Even an update saying your working on boring coding would be good. Update that blog Rocket!

Edited by shamefuldirty

The Blog has been rather quiet as well. Shame really. Unless I'm mistaken, the last blog was 4 weeks ago. Nothing to update us about at all in that time? Even an update saying your working on boring coding would be good. Update that blog Rocket!

Inventory will have some news shortly, it's all coming together and it is entirely different, both code, visually, and spatially.

I've been wanting to do another Tumblr update but time is problematic as I've been quite sick and other delays creeping in.

Also, I'm a little butt-hurt and cautious about others stealing parts of the ideas, so I'm tending to release little details rather than entire design sketches and documents as I had originally planned too.

People keep asking me why our tumblr posts have dried up. Well. Here's why [ Rip-off Zombie game copying ideas ]. And I'm so angry about it because I was just about to post another update...

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Thanks for the quotes Sir Smasht, blame The Rip-Off Zombie Game for delaying our so longed infos!

@Rocket I don't need any informations about gameplay, as long as it's still the DayZ I love I am happy. :)

Some more informations about ETA for release, planned price, server hosting, RCon support, minimum requirements and such stuff would be awesome though.

I don't think overpriced rip-off zombie game can copy anything from that.

Keep on doing what you do.

I know how you must feel when somebody copies your ideas but still, DayZ will blow rip-off zombie game out of the water.

Even the Alpha mod based on an engine not made for stuff like this has given over 400 hours of pure fun to me.

Don't worry, true fans are still playing DayZ.

And it got better, all the kids went playing rip-off zombie game and DayZ is more fun to play like this.

Edited by DomiStyle

Rocket said: People keep asking me why our tumblr posts have dried up. Well. Here's why [ Rip-off Zombie game copying ideas ]. And I'm so angry about it because I was just about to post another update...

I totaly understand that he´s angry about [ Rip-off Zombie game copying ideas ]

But i think there is no need to worry because of WarZ they tried to copy his game am failed very hard.

It´s just a mod of war inc. and the gameplay feels like shit after only 10 minutes.

It´s absolut unbelievable how bad this game is. It´s not just the game even the company behind this stupid bunch of shit.

They tried to copy nearly everything from DayZ mod and failed at every single point.

Rocket will humble them so hard ! DayZ > all

Edited by Criddler

cant you post the word [rip off zombie game] anymore?

oh i hoped there was a filter :D

Edited by dasd2516

To be fair War Z did try to come at it from a different angle, main differences being the global inventory and characters that don't die permanently. So they didn't try and copy it completely, they tried to make the concept less "hardcore". If they weren't so unethical and crap at their jobs they might have even pulled it off.

Edited by Vengeance1st
  • Like 1

[ Rip-off Zombie game copying ideas ] Didn't really know much about it until today, but from what i see and understand is a rushed and poorly implemented mod of another game that they tried to pass as "stand alone" just because they had access to the source of the game engine.And in my honest opinion, even from a first look, Rocket has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to worry about, because if DayZ will be just the same as the DayZ Mod, just with no hackers, than that already is +1000 points for the game. New content can be added weekly or monthly. So, all i can say, keep up the good work, and hope to see a great game on launch day(no pressure :D )

• Like 1