griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Ya know, even if they only make this game $10 if a fraction of the people that currently play buy it they will be making millions of dollars. And I don't play, but I know I will be purchasing this very early on. So add on the hundreds of people who didn't buy Arma 2 but will buy this.

Noting how Rocket said he will follow the minecraft process I'm guessing the game will be anywhere form $5-$15 during Alpha and Beta and then when the game reaches full version release it will be more than $25.

Is there any news on the system requirements of the standalone version or will this be the same as Arma II ?

I am sure I am not alone in the boat I am in but I come to this website every day looking for anything interesting as far as updates go.

I don't have Arma II and there isn't much point in spending the money I don't really have to get Arma II since the Standalone will come out soon.

HOPE IT COMES OUT SOON!!!

Announcements have been very quiet recently...

Is a November release still on the cards, or is it possible that it's being pushed back to December now, or even the new year due to holidays/family obligations etc.?

I'd love to see it come out this month. It's literally the only upcoming game I have any interest in, but I fully understand if it is delayed. It sounds like there are a lot of major changes from the mod. :)

• Like 2

I for one am willing to wait as long as it takes for the standalone to come out.

I know its going to be in alpha state and there will still be bugs, but the more time taken over release = less buggy = less time people have to take to explain that this "IS AN ALPHA" therefore bugs will be present :)

Also because i want to see this game kick WarZ's ass with a whisperkick :)

• Like 1

Announcements have been very quiet recently...

Is a November release still on the cards, or is it possible that it's being pushed back to December now, or even the new year due to holidays/family obligations etc.?

I'd love to see it come out this month. It's literally the only upcoming game I have any interest in, but I fully understand if it is delayed. It sounds like there are a lot of major changes from the mod. :)

It has been "Before end of the year 2012" so long, you have out dated info, funny as its only upcoming game that you are waiting for and still missed the info :D

Over month more and we will see if its delayed.

Edited by Zeppa

The current radio silence of the dev's is making me nervous.

Can it be that there will be some big news in the coming two weeks ?

stop playing with my feelings and take my money ! xD

• Like 1

The current radio silence of the dev's is making me nervous.

Can it be that there will be some big news in the coming two weeks ?

stop playing with my feelings and take my money ! xD

Rocket feels that the radio silence is a very important thing as there is "competition" around but they will definitely release it around December, the only thing that would stop them from releasing it on said date is something going terribly wrong as said by Rocket himself. :)

• Like 1

I for one am willing to wait as long as it takes for the standalone to come out.

I'm with ya. It'll be out when it's out. I'd definitely like to see it sooner, but what's another month? I'm on board either way! I don't care how long it takes.

• Like 1

I know its going to be in alpha state and there will still be bugs, but the more time taken over release = less buggy = less time people have to take to explain that this "IS AN ALPHA" therefore bugs will be present :)

Also because i want to see this game kick WarZ's ass with a whisperkick :)

DayZ SA is not out yet and it already beats the WarZ's ass. I can say this, because I PLAY the WarZ.

• Like 6

I'm still playing it for shits and giggles. People hate on me because I make names like "dayzoverwarz" or "warzsucksdk"... lol. People always ask me why I play it if I think it sucks. I simply say, "how would I know it sucks if I don't play it?" :D

I have watched many alphas be born, and been a part of a lot of them. From my experience the difference between a game that succeeds and one that fails solely comes down to the integrity of the updates. If they need to take extra time in order to ensure that the standalone release isn't riddled with bugs then so be it. Otherwise, if they release a buggy standalone I can't see DayZ making it.

So, if it takes until mid next year for the standalone all the better for us.

Edited by Caffeind

I have watched many alphas be born, and been a part of a lot of them. From my experience the difference between a game that succeeds and one that fails solely comes down to the integrity of the updates. If they need to take extra time in order to ensure that the standalone release isn't riddled with bugs then so be it. Otherwise, if they release a buggy standalone I can't see DayZ making it.

It's going to release as an alpha, not a polished finished product, therefore it WILL be full of bugs. Expect it and accept it, because that is the way it is. The mod has merely become a first draft prototype and is by no means the alpha build of the standalone. Hoping for a perfect release will only damage your experience of the game, which is going to be ( in the actual words of jebus ) 'kick ass'.

I would like to get a retail version, I'am still an old school player, I love game boxes and I would like to add the DayZ one beside the long row of BIS games that I collected onto my library rack.

OMG, THEY'RE MAKING A STANDALONE!?

any news yet ?

its supposed to be ot before end of year so you would think news of when next month its out this would be coming out :)

come on rocket lets have the info cant ait for standalone !!!! B)

Just release it already! We don't care what its like, It has to be finished now. being it's so close to the end of they year!

I swear if it comes out on the 21st the lag will be mental from all the end of world nobs.

And WarZ alpha is obviously waiting for the SA, to steal ideas from.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

And WarZ alpha is obviously waiting for the SA, to steal ideas from.

This would be a good reason to keep quiet and get everything finalised before release :)

In my experience the exact opposite is true, and led to the death of much of the popularity of mod gaming. If you ever played some of the early builds of what is one of the most successful mods ever created, Desert Combat, then you would know how horrible some of the early releases were. The difference was that the mod developers were actively communicating with the public and they released fixes within days or weeks.

Then every mod developer got the idea that they were going to become the next Trauma Studios and get scooped up by a real game developer. Mod releases slowed to crawl and most simple were abandoned. There was this amazing mod for Battlefield 2 called Point of Existence which could of easily come from a AAA level developer, the problem was that they insisted on holding off on releasing the mod until it was totally polished. Unfortunately interested in BF2 at that point had dropped since they took so along and there was little interest in the mod when it was finally released, even though their work was exceptional.

The Minecraft guys have it right, and Rocket is correct in wanted to duplicate this model.