griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Glad to see the release will be on steam, makes things easy as pretty much 80% of current players are via steam.

Here's to hoping for an early December release (as i have the house to myslef (wife is away) the first weekend of december)

Either way, keep plugging away guys, im sure the game will be a big hit :)

I will not ask for a release date but could we please just get "some" update? A screenshot maybe? or half of it? Anything.

• Like 1

Nice, glad to see it will be on Steam as a alpha game ! If team rocket does what they say they can do with higher player numbers in game with the new engine it will be amazing.

I also hope the Devs/Rocket put a robust character creation system in there so everyone doesn't look the same in game, and i can't wait to see what they did with the new buildings.This is a day one buy for me

• Like 1

It would be nice to see Dayz SA in the ''coming soon'' section in steam :)

• Like 1

A stupid question:The hive of the standalone will be a different one than the mod's,right?I mean,the character i got on main hive's chernarus,will not exist in the standalone.Or will he? :P

A stupid question:The hive of the standalone will be a different one than the mod's,right?I mean,the character i got on main hive's chernarus,will not exist in the standalone.Or will he? :P

Edited by Lappihuan

I was just wondering if the development team has ever discussed about bringing the Dayz game to Mac users too. :D

I think giving a fair price ($30-$60 USD) is a great idea. Keep all the scary hackers and such away... unless they REALLY want to hack it... buuuuut, I think that there should be a way for people who bought ArmA 2 for DayZ (like me) to get it for free. Yes I read the post saying not to say this but I'm not really saying "GIVE ME DAYZ FOR FREE!!!!111!!1!!1!" I'm saying that there should be a way to get it for free.

For example, when you get Garry's Mod on Steam, to download additional content from the website, you need to put an authentication code on your profile. Once you've done that, you log on the website through Steam, and Steam (or Valve, depending on how you want to look at it) will validate that you not only have the authentication code, but Garry's Mod as well. I'm not entirely sure how to set it up, but it would be nice to NOT have to pay for DayZ again. It would even keep the hackers with cracked clients away because Steam would have to be sure that you have ArmA 2 before it gave you DayZ.

They don't have to do this. Heck, I highly doubt they will, but it would be nice because I bought ArmA 2 ONLY for DayZ. I haven't even touched the actual game (I know it sounds stupid, but it's true :/)

I will not ask for a release date but could we please just get "some" update? A screenshot maybe? or half of it? Anything.

haha I hear you on that one, I've been waiting for the next little update. However, no updates means that they are working hard at keeping on track for that december release and having the game as far along as possible. It's a great sign to me.

A game called Overgrowth made by Wolfire have a feature in their engine, so the grass it changed to go "straight" off the land they're in. So they don't constantly stick straight up towards the sky. (Sorry if I said this awkward...)

For example, when you get Garry's Mod on Steam, to download additional content from the website, you need to put an authentication code on your profile. Once you've done that, you log on the website through Steam, and Steam (or Valve, depending on how you want to look at it) will validate that you not only have the authentication code, but Garry's Mod as well. I'm not entirely sure how to set it up, but it would be nice to NOT have to pay for DayZ again. It would even keep the hackers with cracked clients away because Steam would have to be sure that you have ArmA 2 before it gave you DayZ.

Thats not a very good example. Gmod.org adopted thT only recently. And there addons to a game, not really a mod. Plus they are all community developed by random people. Also, you should try vanilla arma. It's actually really fun. ;) imagine a more expansive and realistic battlefield with poopy animations and less destructible environments. It really fun lol.

Does anybody know if they plan to re-design the explosions at all?

I've always found the way vehicles and ordanance explode in vanilla ArmA2 to be very unsatisfying, and I'm not really sure how much work has been put into this Real Virtuality 2.5 engine they plan to use for the SA..

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

Does anybody know if they plan to re-design the explosions at all?

I've always found the way vehicles and ordanance explode in vanilla ArmA2 to be very unsatisfying, and I'm not really sure how much work has been put into this Real Virtuality 2.5 engine they plan to use for the SA..

There's no info available on specifics. The devs are quite rightly keeping their cards close to their chest.

Any more news on a release date? December is 1 week away...

The only fact we know is that it has to be released by the end of the year. Anything else is speculation.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Awesome! The War Z doesn't impress me at all so far so it will be DayZ for sure :)

Awesome! The War Z doesn't impress me at all so far so it will be DayZ for sure :)

WarZ... ppppfffff.... they couldnt even think of their own name, they had to spin off DayZ !!! :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan:

Edited by -Panda

COME ONNNNNN please announced the release date. I love creating my own little camps on DayZ and fill it with loot (what I find my self) and see how many hours/days/weeks it goes before people find it and take the loot. But I have held of doing this for the past few weeks due to thinking the SA will be coming out soon. I really want to get stuck insto Dayz again but I don't want to spend hours finding tents and guns and other loot. To then find out the SA is out in a matter of days.

Am even board of WarZ now. On DayZ I could be sitting there playing then think o wow I have been playing for nearly 3 hours now ahh what the heck just one more hour. When am playing WarZ it takes me 30 minutes to walk from one town to the next due to the very very slow jogging it just bores me and I usually just log off once I reach my destination.

Sorry for that little rant or what ever you want to call it I just want DayZ SA right now.

Quick question. I heard Arma 2 is more CPU hungry than Graphics Card hungry. Will DayZ SA be the same? At the moment I have a AMD 6670 1gb Graphics Card at the moment. But am getting a 7850 graphics card for Christmas would this enable me to run DayZ SA a lot better than my current 6670? The CPU I have is a Ivy Bridge i5 3550 3.3Ghz and 8gb Ram.

So I read OtaQ's interview with Rocket on TopoftheGames.com, and they quote him as saying the following (it's a German site, so I'm translating the German translation BACK into English, and it's a loose translation to make it easier on me, so please bear with me here):

There are several things we want to do relating to the [underground base instances] construction system. But what we are really focusing on is to fully eliminate all the flaws. All of the upcoming features will be painstakingly tested before their final and stable release.The user interface, the rag-doll system, a kind of underground construction system -- those will be the elements of the alpha version of DayZ standalone. When this is done and working, we will turn our attention to problems such as hackers, zombie pathfinding and so on, and then we will take a more ambitious approach towards the existing gameplay elements.

(Emphasis added)

What surprises me about this is that it was my impression from Dean's previous statements that core game systems such as hack-proofing or zed path-finding would be the first priority, and that things like underground bases would come later. Did I misinterpret those previous statements? Am I misinterpreting the quote above? Or am I perhaps just going crazy?

Either way I can't wait until the SA is finally released. Rocket's thread about infectious diseases is extremely promising.

** Original excerpt:

Es gibt zahlreiche Dinge die im Zusammenhang mit dem Konstruktions-System stehen. Worauf wir uns allerdings ganz besonders konzentrieren, ist es sämtliche Fehler vollständig auszumerzen. Alle kommenden Features werden penibel überprüft bevor sie endgültig implementiert und stabil veröffentlicht werden. Die Benutzeroberfläche, das Ragdoll-System, eine Art von unterirdischem Konstruktionssystem – das werden die Elemente der Alpha-Fassung von DayZ Standalone sein. Wenn dies erledigt ist und steht, widmen wir uns den Problemen wie den Hackern, Zombie-Wegfindungen und so weiter, und werden anschließend ambitionierter was die bestehenden Spielelemente anbetrifft.

Edited by Bakst

^^ If hackers are not stopped at the beginning it's not gonna be great at all. That, plus if item duping and server hopping is not addressed either.

Edited by MACtic

i just have one question. will people that buy dayz full be able to still play with people that have dayz on arma 2?

i just have one question. will people that buy dayz full be able to still play with people that have dayz on arma 2?

No, they are entirely different games.