griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

lots of reasons rocket didn't update (rip off zombie games ahoy)

all true, but he could post that on his blog couldn't he? Instead of 4 weeks of nothing. It's where you go to see concise up to date info on the game. Even what you quoted has not been posted. Would be nice to post "something".

Edited by shamefuldirty

TheWarZ is a bad game, DayZ is a good mod... and standalone will be an awesome game.

This - I played both for a bit, DayZ more - because its better. To much pisses me off about WarZ, animations are lame as hell for a "standalone", the ability to buy water and food and eqp using IRL money - lame. I mean it will have its own twist - but as of a few weeks ago when I got completely bored with it once your weapon ran out - drop it for another, because magazines ain't a real thing in WarZ yet...

I'm just saying...

WarZ's Sergej Titov posted on the game's forum the other day and said this among other things:

We also spend lots of recourses preparing to what we call "Foundation Release" - basically state of the game, where we're feel very comfortable about balancing, game features, etc and ready to do final wipe and make game "released".

Seems pretty obvious they're taking all their cues from DayZ. So sad. I'm just amazed that it has gone so far as to make Rocket mad enough to make public comments about how they're stealing his ideas. I'm not the least bit worried tho, no amount of bullshit can make up for the plain truth that WarZ is a piss-poor excuse for a game, and DayZ will always be no. 1.

Still, they claim to have 500k active players, and if true then that's no small number for a game that is no more substantial than a puff of smoke. I once tried to explain the difference between the two games to a friend of mine who fell for the front and said we should "give WarZ a chance." I said feel free to buy into the sham but I'll have no part in it... but I only came across as a fanboy in his eyes, guess I was being a little too passionate about the whole thing :D

They are only redefining it as a "foundation release" to avoid Beta. That prevents any further people claiming refunds due to an incomplete product. If someone wants a refund they'd better grab it now.

Edited by Phleep

They are only redefining it as a "foundation release" to avoid Beta. That prevents any further people claiming refunds due to an incomplete product. If someone wants a refund they'd better grab it now.

Go refund it if you want to, honestly.

but you clearly have nothing better to do than annoy others that read your post.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

but you clearly have nothing better to do than annoy others that read your post.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

hahahaha, what?

I can understand wanting to keep those ideas held close, the advent of the atrocious pile of crap that is WarZ (seriously? even the name is reworked) is living proof of the lengths some will go just to try an usurp an original idea from someone else. Makes me wonder if this makes one paranoid and not want to show anything because of this, I know I wouldn't in the face of this, no matter how much I wanted too.

Hanging on for news, but no news is OK at this point, still excited.

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

Do you know what a troll is?

WarZ filth should not even be mentioned in DayZ forums, it's just such a terrible rip off, the community is terrible, the weapons are terrible, the landscape is terrible. It looks and feels like Call of Duty, I have played Call of Duty since the first one came out but survival games should not be played like Call of Duty. You have to have completely different mind sets when playing these games which the WarZ community clearly does not.

• Like 1

what is the minecraft pricing and development model?

what is the minecraft pricing and development model?

Minecraft was cheaper for people who bought it earlier.

This is an example, but regardless.

Let's say for discussion's sake it's £15 when you buy at release, but it might be cheaper if you bought it during alpha/beta and if you buy it during alpha/beta you get all future updates/DLC's whatever for free as well, as an added incentive to purchase the game.

Either way, it's a good model to follow. In this case, I'm not sure if there will ever be paid DLC's, because it seems it goes away from the greatness that was the original mod and I'm fairly sure we'll see a 'One-time only' payment of XYZ and then you will get all future updates for free anyway, from what I gather at Rocket's presentation he did.

• Like 1

Rocket has mentioned that he's been thinking of charging for additional maps. Like anything you pay for it has the potential to become pay to win, the most obvious example being if there's a map with extra good loot on it released. Though I doubt they have any intention of making a pay-to-win game.

The reality with War Z is that it exists, it's competition and the team here just has to deal with it, they should just be thankful the competition is incompetent.

I've got $60 in my Paypal as of right now...I'm ready to go! (:

You do realize it will be $30 max according to Rocket, and the first release will be much cheaper.

You do realize it will be $30 max according to Rocket, and the first release will be much cheaper.

i don't think me meant to imply it would be 60$ bro :/

How about the 21st? [Of December.]

Release an apocalyptic game on the day in which the world is supposed to end...

lol

Calendars exist for keeping track of the passage of time, not for predicting the future.

Is there a confirmed DAY for the release I mean the month is all fine and dandy but i want 'DayZ' not 'Monthz', if you could give an estimate anyways.

P.S. Screenshots of zombies would be awesome too...

• Running on "Arma 2.5" engine. Will include an updated Chernarus map, and new weather system.

Make that mother fucking snow yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Are there any informations about the rig specs?

I will buy a new computer for the standalone - and it would be great if I would get some informations about the specs, so I have my new comp right before the release. Hope someone could help me - I searched the forum but sadly I haven't found anything reliable.

Are there any informations about the rig specs?

I will buy a new computer for the standalone - and it would be great if I would get some informations about the specs, so I have my new comp right before the release. Hope someone could help me - I searched the forum but sadly I haven't found anything reliable.

Idk what the system requirements are gonna be for the DayZ Standalone, but if you want to be on the safe side (and have an awesome rig while you're at it), you could just go by the system requirements for the upcoming Arma3 game, as they will most certainly exceed whatever it takes to run the Virtual Reality "ToH 2.5" for DayZ SA.

• Like 1

Please give us release day. It's 26th of November .... It will be soon, less then month to next year. Would be nice to know the date at least one month before it's released.

Is it safe to assume if we are able to run the current mod at about 65 fps, the SA will run equal or better?

Asking optimization of engine vs. Advances in engine