griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Please give us release day. It's 26th of November .... It will be soon, less then month to next year. Would be nice to know the date at least one month before it's released.

Rocket has said the 5th is a possibility.

Wow really? Source pls! ^^

Hopefully not, I've got 3 courseworks to hand in for the 7th and then I'm done for this semester... make everyone else wait for me!

Experienced developers know one thing: Gamers handles not knowing a whole lot better than potential delays.

• Like 1

Please make like warz more of 300 payments methods, here in brazil if you dont have a international credit card, you have to buy on other sites for 2x the price. please.

Please make like warz more of 300 payments methods, here in brazil if you dont have a international credit card, you have to buy on other sites for 2x the price. please.

Rocket said DayZ avaliable on Steam, and Steam BR has several payment methods, including "ticket banking"

Edited by vacalouca

Source would be welcome.

Surely Arma 3 will be out soon as well? Website still says Q4 2012!

Q1 2013 has been the community alpha release date for long for Arma 3 and it can get even further.

officiel Wiki Article

Release Date and Pricing

Rocket has not announced an exact release date, but has indicated the desire to see a release by the end of 2012, with tentative hopes for December[5]. The game is assumed to be released sometime in November, though it is possible that it may be released as late as December.

Dayz standalone will utilize a Minecraft-like sales model; this will allow players to pay a much lower price for early access to the alpha/beta releases while helping to fund development toward the final product.

From the DayZ Facebook page.

Unless there is an official link then don't get your hopes up for the 5th.

Mazon , have you got a link for your quote ? You mentioned an official wiki article ?

I hope they raise the max ping.

I live in New Zealand and cant get fast broadband even though I'm only a few km out of town.

On DayZ Commander i join the servers with low ping (around 40 - 70), then when the game loads I can play for about a minute then i get kicked for high ping. I can play BF3 on pretty much any servers, but New Zealand and Australian severs have no lag for me.

From what i have read, the reason for the ping limit is that players with high ping and the zombies chasing them lag on other players PCs. Is this true, and how much of a problem is this for other players. Surely other players and zombies would lag on my PC if i have high ping so there would be no advantage for me, nor disadvantage for other players due to my high ping.

Will I be able to play Dayz Standalone, or will I have to continue being killed by 12 year old quick scopers on BF3? :(

Seriously? You're quoting an unofficial wiki that makes no mention of the 5th.

The [5] in brackets, is a reference note, of which there are a list at the bottom of the wiki. It's not a date.

http://www.dayzwiki....DayZ_Standalone

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

I had no idea it was unnoficial, how the hell should I know? And I assumed the Facebook page was official because they're posting updates as the devs release them, most unofficial pages just post shitty memes.

I had no idea it was unnoficial, how the hell should I know?

common sense?

According to twitter the standalone might be delayed.

And I booked my holidays just for the standalone for the second part of December......

Edited by MACtic

common sense?

A lot of high end mods maintain their own wikis, I've only been on DayZ for a few weeks so I haven't checked into the wiki.

According to twitter the standalone might be delayed.

Not really. He said the standalone is still on track for December but they wouldn't rush it out and release it to meet a date if it wasn't ready in time.

Edited by smasht_AU

Not really. He said the standalone is still on track for December but they wouldn't rush it out and release it to meet a date if it wasn't ready in time.

Yes, which means that the standalone MIGHT be delayed. Exactly as I wrote.

Yes, which means that the standalone MIGHT be delayed. Exactly as I wrote.

How can it be delayed, when it's still going to be released EXACTLY WHEN IT WAS GOING TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE

Its not the 1st time im waiting for a game to come out, usualy when it comes out, its crappy and a bunch of people try it out the 1st day and get to find some awesome buggs for the developers to fix (Beta). So, im not realy in a hurry.... Im saying this cause i see people beeing all excited and cant wait for it to come out. At 1st its gonna disapoint you all! So, im not expecting alot from the game, thats why im gonna enjoy it more then any body else. Muahaha

Its not the 1st time im waiting for a game to come out, usualy when it comes out, its crappy and a bunch of people try it out the 1st day and get to find some awesome buggs for the developers to fix (Beta). So, im not realy in a hurry.... Im saying this cause i see people beeing all excited and cant wait for it to come out. At 1st its gonna disapoint you all! So, im not expecting alot from the game, thats why im gonna enjoy it more then any body else. Muahaha

Pessimistic, whats that life like?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e07-youre-getting-old