rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

so many pussies here ^^

this is an alpha, we are here to give feedback and test the game!

not to complain about it, when there are graphical glitches!

btw.. i don't have any graphical glitches since the patch! So, not everyone is messed up.. just like bf3, maybe 90% of the community has no problems at all

Not for 90% of the community.

Its still kind of? Rockets fault. I'm not sure about after this patch, but this could of easily been caught if they tested it. I used to code with DMI(byond) and I always tested something before patching it.

I mean, they do test patches before they release it, right? Or do they have us test that too? I'm seriously curious with that one.

It's an Alpha mod, so for the most part, if the patch is deemed stable by the early tests, he releases it. And because it is an alpha mod, we are technically game testers, the guinea pigs for his evil experiments if you will lol.I mean ya when i'm doing something and huge grey wall flys into my face, i get pissed, but not at rocket, i just go like wtf how does this happen from adding helis. Then i realize, i know nothing of coding so i just shrug it off lol.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

The update will release when it's released. He's working on it.

You know what else he is working on? Making it a standalone game.

People on here whine, bitch, and moan about shit constantly about shit he can't actually do anything about (like the hacking, the zed glitches and several other issues that are actually ARMA2 bugs and issues that can not truly be resolved with DayZ as a MOD).

And everydoby's a fucking expert on what to do when.

Alright then - how about YOU do it.

"We want standalone!" "Give us more MOD!"

The man doesn't have 5 heads, 6 sets of arms, and no need to sleep or eat.

Edited by EliJRn

It takes DICE 3 months (sometimes even never) to patch a bug like that. This is considered very good

This...

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

...was posted about a week ago.

Given the number of people who have reported that the mod is UNPLAYABLE due to this glitch I would have thought that the patch should have been released as soon as that one problem was fixed.

Rocket has in the past released hot fixes for problems less severe than this "show stopper" barbed wire glitch.

My character is lying on the beach somewhere, waiting for this to be fixed. I won't be back until it is. It IS that bad.

And save your fanboi "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" comments, that has been done to death.

• Like 3

Impatient? It would be impatient if you could still PLAY the game. Almost everywhere that spawns GOOD loot has this shi*ty graphics bug. I tried all of the fixes and none of them worked. He should of just made a hotfix instead of whatever he's doing.

How long have you had this problem? A year? A week of not playing isn't a disaster. Get a cat.

• Like 2

btw.. i don't have any graphical glitches since the patch! So, not everyone is messed up.. just like bf3, maybe 90% of the community has no problems at all

So shut the fuck up then. Some people have had this problem for two patches.

All rocket had to do was cull the problem models from the map and push one file. The fact he didn't is an oversight on his part.

Edited by Rogan
  • Like 1

Rocket said people may hate him for this but instead of doing a hotfix, hes thinking of doing a full patch.

skip ahead to 39:30 for confirmation.

As well as having the graphics/artifacts glitch being fixed. He wants to put in bandit/hero skins(head). (females included). The date of the release is TBD at the time of this post. Will edit once i find out.

Dude thanks!! I totally missed that one and actually it now makes sense, that Rocket is kinda off the grid and that the patch is taking so long.

Can't wait for the patch even more, if done right it would promote both bandits and samaritans!

Rocket, you have been forgiven for taking so long with this patch :D (although I feel that small quick hotfix to remove graph.glitches would have been better).

There might be a bug with Vehicles.

We repared 2 Vegicles and ne helicopter on one server and two vehicles on another. The hid them and saved several times ofc. After a server retsart on one server the vehicles were unrepaired at the spawn point again and on the other no car at all ws there. After another server retsrat on this one all vehicles including helicopter were at the spawn points again unrepaired. Happend on two servers so i guess there might be something broken in general

I think every one needs to stop argueing with the impatient cry babies before rocket locks this thread again guys :P. It would be cool if this turned into a full update with new stuff.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Hurry up with this god damn update! It's weekend. We want to play! I don't care if you don't get payed. I have my days off and I want to friggn' play!!!

/end of parody

this is an alpha, we are here to give feedback and test the game!

not to complain about it, when there are graphical glitches!

How does "we are here to give feedback" not cover giving feedback on a severe issue like the barbed wire graphics glitch???

We're only supposed to give positive feedback? Or only give feedback on issues you approve of giving feedback on?

How ridiculous.

How exactly is it unplayable. Simple don't go near the graphical glitches? I mean dear stands and crashed helis substitute the barracks and suck just fine.

Lol youre crowned with the EL stupido award for the dumbest post of the day . Congratz :)

How long have you had this problem? A year? A week of not playing isn't a disaster. Get a cat.

It is when you were already getting bored with the game to begin with. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. But seriously, being too light on any development team is a bad thing. I worked faster when there were a fair amount of people complaining then when people said "Go ahead, take your time bro, we understand." I seriously would take my time and not work as much on whatever I was working on.

People wouldn't be so pissed off if the game was still playable. We can't go to NWAF, Stary, Balota, or just ANY of the decent places with military loot.

Leave your shit new features out until we can actually play the game again and give us the hotfix you promised. Full patches can wait..

vh48bd.jpg

Need we say more?

Please continue whining and see how much we/they care. There is a thing called paitence. I would rather Rocket take his time with this patch to add new things and fixes and relase it with very little bugs, than release multiple broken patches just so the kiddies will be happy. Grow up. I have the same issue and the game is still just as enjoyable/playable. People seem to forget that this game is in ALPHA. Shit is gonna happen, so deal with it.

• Like 1

Please continue whining and see how much we/they care. There is a thing called paitence. I would rather Rocket take his time with this patch to add new things and fixes and relase it with very little bugs, than release multiple broken patches just so the kiddies will be happy. Grow up. I have the same issue and the game is still just as enjoyable/playable. People seem to forget that this game is in ALPHA. Shit is gonna happen, so deal with it.

But when shit breaks, fix it. You CAN'T use 'its in alpha!' as an excuse. Seriously, thats just saying there will be bugs and its in development. Not "Since its in alpha we'll take our sweet time fixing bugs." Just because you're fine with, doesn't mean most of us are.

Edited by jstarkreborn
  • Like 6

Absolutly not true. Pls dont speak of " we " i care about it because its UNPLAYABLE . If you like to play games in blind modus then hf but this is not what it should be . How about som progressiv answers instead of feel like youre better then " the kids " post.

I started playing this game right after the release of 1.7.2.4 and can tell you that not all servers suffer from this graphical glitch. While it can be frustrating at times, it's hardly game breaking. Try a different server. If that doesn't work then try to reinstall the game, mod and newest patch. It has been been pointed out so many times, this mod is Alpha (correct term would be early beta as there are way too many play testers and the new patches are fully tested before release). For those of you who have never play tested Alpha I have some advice...never assume stability and expect a horribly buggy experience (this is even more so right after a hotfix or patch).

Edited by Shep1972

But when shit breaks it, fix it. You CAN'T use 'its in alpha!' as an excuse. Seriously, thats just saying there will be bugs and its in development. Not "Since its in alpha we'll take our sweet time fixing bugs." Just because you're fine with, doesn't mean most of us are.

thats what most people think at the moment, they all think we should be the same and just sit down and say nothing and just praise the issue like an idiot, i dont wanna be like everyone else, i dont like taking it up the arse like most here, its called being naive people and most of you are. everyone uses the alpha talk -.- its getting old and its over used to the point where it gets used in ANY complaint thread on the forum, good one! facking no brainers in this world....

But hey, ill keep waiting for the fix to come out, no problem, ive done that for a long time, but when the respect is forgotten it gets harder to wait.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 5

I think you all seriously need to stop arguing about how you hate or love rocket and talk about the update specifically or hes gunna lock the thread again lol.

Tbh i would like it better if he made a hotfix for just the graphical errors, then released a full update, but its his mod :).

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

I hope the graphic glitches involving the barbed wire and the dead bodies fixes everything. I don't usually have the problem somehow, but my buddy it is nearly impossible for him to play anywhere near a military location because the dead military guys cause so many issues. I thought I heard others mention it could be the wrecked humvees too, but those are usually surrounded by dead soldiers too so who knows.

Patience is a virtude

So is proper spelling.

rocket is working on Valve's time !

One week without playing so far.

• Like 1

Seems to be something with the dead Bodys for me. I saw an ear texture in one of those distorted texture things today.