rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

It would seem graphical glitches aren't the only issue at the moment, sure they are annoying as hell, and going to military areas are damn near impossible, but the amount of hackers I have seen over the past couple of days is just damn right laughable. This game is gonna burn before it breaks.

http://postimage.org...3ufi98eiv/full/

My view of Elektro about an hour ago.

Isn't that a helicopter crash bug?

About the graphics glitches: Find the dayz_anim from the 1.7.2.3 version and replace the 1.7.2.4 anim files with these. It worked for me, at least I have no glithes at NWAF, despite I had them before.

• Like 1

One fix for the graphics bug that I have found works is to flush your graphics. This is done by hitting shift and the minus key on your numpad then typing flush.

Most of the "fixes" floating around are just flushes in disguise. Changing your vsync, changing your video mem settings, etc. "work" because they cause a flush.

The only thing I've found to work on a regular basis for me is to get to a point where the graphic corruption is covering most of the screen, then restart the game. Usually if I start inside the problem areas I don't actually have the problem. :)

To clarify, this graphic fix is the big texture walls we got when we get closer to any airfield?. because when i go to the airfield i got a huge graphic walls all over the place, also in berezino, balota and stary sobor. Is that what they are fixing?

And do we have a date for this patch? monday maybe?

@Rocket and crew; looking forward to the new patch and seeing what ideas you've come up with!

Been playing for a while now, this is the greatest mod/game-idea I've come across in ages. It's a good thing to finally see some new ideas in the game industry, and this sort of game/simulation is something I've wanted to see for a looong time.

Hoping ofcourse to see some fixes for people spamming wirefencing and tanktraps, and most of all admin and hackerabuse on certain servers, but to be honest, they can rot in their own sweat for all I care, this shit is still happening :)

Keep up the good work!

Regards from Norway!

I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere so here goes.

As the current graphics glitch requires us to adjust either video memory or anti alising to reset graphics settings has anyone else experienced the overall image going blurry similar to loss of blood? It can be "cured" by adjusting graphics settings once again but thats not the point, is it a fixable bug? (it is very easy when low on blood to not actual realise this has occured making the game quite difficult to play of course, having to constantly fiddle with the settings just to insure clarity.)

Also anyone else had that high pitched squeal occur and all other sound drop out? This happens often when throwing cans or bottles etc and your arm clips walls, staircases etc with a possible broke arm added for good measure.

The high pitch noise slowly disapates and the sound returns, once you have cleaned the blood from your ears all is normal....

I still have a friend that can't even play this game. Not through six launcher, and not through manual install. He has tried freshly installing all of the files and patches several times. Opening each game up separately and using the beta patch launcher file as well. I had some similar troubles, but mine works and his doesn't, with the exact same setup and install process. Any word on whether or not the game will actually be playable for him after this patch?

not sure why everyone is so cheesed about the graphics bug

it only affects a small portion of the maps, stary and the nw arent the only fun places, my buddies and i have crazy gear but we cant go north so we just havin a blast on the coast, doin smash and grabs in cherno, fighting bandit snipers, doin bus missions

just try some new gameplay down south

in other news ive been noticing wierd shit with vehicles, sometimes from taking minor damage they will exploded, without killing the drivers who get kicked from the server, then after a reset they appear where they blew up full of thier old gear, anyone getting this?

Anyways pumped for the patch, wanna find me a heli and take some guys on thier first stary raid :)

will this put an end to spawning in with no ammo and 3 jerry cans when i logged out with one clip and one jerry can?

I still have a friend that can't even play this game. Not through six launcher, and not through manual install. He has tried freshly installing all of the files and patches several times. Opening each game up separately and using the beta patch launcher file as well. I had some similar troubles, but mine works and his doesn't, with the exact same setup and install process. Any word on whether or not the game will actually be playable for him after this patch?

why doesnt your "friend" come on here and troubleshoot for himself? you really havent provided any information except that he cant play. how is anyone supposed to know what effect a patch will have on this?

Why though? I have yet to hear valid reasons for wanting the respawn back completely.

Invalid reasons:

- I have to find my friends asap

- I need my gear back asap

- I spawn in debug zones

All this does is create an extra incentive to stay alive at all cost.

i spawned in debug forest and respawn button was live..hit it and respawned with my gear on the coast..

aaaaand this is why it was locked....

id like to see a quick graphic fix at the minimum, but the rest, im glad theres new stuff coming and there is a proper testing procedure in place to try to avoid more game breaking stuff like massive artifacts ;)

• Like 1

Fix broken bones pwease :(

broken bones are already fixed, and morphine spawns much more now.
  • Like 1

The longest we have ever had to wait for an update/fix has been what? 2 weeks? Pretty god damn impressive actually.

He is fixing it.

He's also adding a bunch of new/newly improved shit.

Get over yourselves.

• Like 2

Odd, I just circled Stary Sobor on server US1335 and never experienced the graphic glitch. My computer setup is a joke too; An old Dell Optiplex 360 from work running Windows 7 64-bit Pro with the original Pentium Dual Core E2200, 4GB DDR2 and a fanless Radeon 5450! What I would really like to know is if they have plans to address the tent bug soon. Had to make room in my backpack so I moved my tent to my inventory before I logged off. When I rejoined later I noticed that the tent had multiplied removing 3 of my AK mags, my canteen and 2 cooked meats. Not a horrible loss but frustrating...however, not as bad as being sniped and starting all over.

Edit: I stand corrected, logged back in and got the graphic issue when I made my way towards the military tents

Edited by Shep1972

About the graphics glitches: Find the dayz_anim from the 1.7.2.3 version and replace the 1.7.2.4 anim files with these. It worked for me, at least I have no glithes at NWAF, despite I had them before.

Does someone have 1.7.2.3 version files? I wanna try this as a fix, as i've tried everything else and it didn't work.

All the links i found so far, have been removed or replaced with the 1.7.2.4 patch.

I'm just glad the artifacts are one of the top priorities. Really hard to raid some military tents when half your screen is covered in graphical glitches. I have been able to get them to disappear sometimes but they always end up back.

As a fellow game dev I understand that it takes time to fix stuff and the more complex things get the more time it takes to ensure you're not breaking more than you're fixing. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

broken bones are already fixed, and morphine spawns much more now.

What do you mean by broken bones being "Fixed"? :huh:

I'm pretty sure the next patch will kick ass! Take your time, Rocket and the dev team. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I'm just glad the artifacts are one of the top priorities. Really hard to raid some military tents when half your screen is covered in graphical glitches. I have been able to get them to disappear sometimes but they always end up back.

As a fellow game dev I understand that it takes time to fix stuff and the more complex things get the more time it takes to ensure you're not breaking more than you're fixing. Keep up the good work.

I had tried every single workaround for the artifiacts and none of them worked for me. But I did find something that worked, it was forcing another armaII beta patch update. I was 1 patch off from the latest available, here is the latest:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip

• Like 1

So he missed the target date, fine. Anyone who has done development knows target dates are almost never met. Just update us with a new target date. Or better yet, when he has a target date in his head, add seven days to that and make that the target date.

• Like 2

Wonder when this update is release! ... I cant go to any decent loot tent without getting major graphical glitches, I mean the military tents that is ... Its just one big mess when looking at the military tents.