rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

I started playing this game right after the release of 1.7.2.4 and can tell you that not all servers suffer from this graphical glitch. While it can be frustrating at times, it's hardly game breaking. Try a different server. If that doesn't work then try to reinstall the game, mod and newest patch. It has been been pointed out so many times, this mod is Alpha (correct term would be early beta as there are way too many play testers and the new patches are fully tested before release). For those of you who have never play tested Alpha I have some advice...never assume stability and expect a horribly buggy experience (this is even more so right after a hotfix or patch).

All server have this, if you don't have it then it is because you start your game new or because of your game settings

If i have it i try the following.

- Start the complete game new

- Vsync Off

- If not work then i make the following

- Change in "Video Options" -> "Advanced" -> "Video Memory" from high to mid or to low | from low to mod to high

it works for me to 90%

Seems to be something with the dead Bodys for me. I saw an ear texture in one of those distorted texture things today.

Also on the cars and the miilitary tents

Oh and i forget i died because one ass used the glitch as his advantage in stary and killed me and a friends a few days ago. This is not funny if you can't see nothing and one which is in the glitch can see all!

Edited by Shona

Seems to be something with the dead Bodys for me. I saw an ear texture in one of those distorted texture things today.

Ya i think that its literally leaking the zombie textures all over the god damn place lol.

Also on the cars and the miilitary tents

To be honest i have never experienced any problems with cars. I can get as close to destroyed HMMWVs as i want without glitches. Only problems are near tents and Military Barracks

Edited by Samsa

I haven't been able to play the game since 1.7.2.4 because of the artifacts, I'm getting really tired of this, I've tried everything, so I decided to wait for 1.7.2.5, but 3 days after the planned release date it's still not here, yes, I know its planned, but its really frustrating for all people who cant play around ANY military areas, so basically we cannot get any good guns, since they are military loot, I understand its Alpha, but its just really annoying when you enjoy the game and want to play, but you can't just because of some stupid graphical glitch. Isn't there a possibility to release a hotfix for the graphical artifacts? I've been waiting to play for like 6 days now, all I can do is run around in the woods.

• Like 1

IMHO

Since Dayz it's experiment, so why not try to open the sources? Crowdsourcing is popular atm, why not? Let only Rocket can commit into branch, but community can help with testing (like now), code review, making pull-requests.

And not talk about hackers that could view code and make new cheats - dayz and arma not OS atm, but hackers still here.

Please continue whining and see how much we/they care. There is a thing called paitence. I would rather Rocket take his time with this patch to add new things and fixes and relase it with very little bugs, than release multiple broken patches just so the kiddies will be happy. Grow up. I have the same issue and the game is still just as enjoyable/playable. People seem to forget that this game is in ALPHA. Shit is gonna happen, so deal with it.

See how many people care about your sarcy little bitch post. Stop using this "It's an Alpha" excuse. This alpha test is open to everyone, not just you. The game is friggin' broken with these glitches.

There's only so many times you can say "continue whining" before you become the whining little bitch, and right now that's how it's looking.

• Like 2

for the graphics bugs i was able to fix it by hitting [shift + numpad minus] and then typing "flush"

that trick worked for me at bolota airfield and NW airfield although i had to do it about 4 times at NWAF to get it to work. found out about this on side chat. more servers should have that enabled

The point is that you can't be expected to Alpha test a game in a broken environment;

a broken environment means less/no players

and less/no players = no Alpha test feedback for Rocket and the Mod.

which ultimately leads to there being no DayZ.

• Like 2

main bugs im battling with now is barbed wire (seen the fix announced). but also the helicopter leaking fuel which ive only seen mentioned a couple o times on this thread (plenty of other threads in discussion and suggestion)

doubt its very high on ze priorities (i know bout the windscreen repairs), I got shot loot cycling for windscreens though sooo that was upsetting XD

The helicopter is leaking fuel because you need to repair all the glasses. After reapiring all the glasses it won't leak anymore.

So its no Bug i guess.

Shruu

Edited by Shruu

It's a little salty but still overwhelmingly tasty in here.

I've had some glitches as well, but I was able to rectify the problem by fiddling with my graphic options.

And if that didn't work, I just stopped playing, so how about you people do the same, just wait.

And to all those whining and raging mad, trying to defend their aggressive posts by saying that they are just giving feedback, you are amusing.

Feedback is finding a problem and communicating it to the party that needs the information to fix that problem, not spamming with caps lock on how lazy they are and that you are oh so pissed about whatever, that's just being a childish impatient fuck.

I don't care either way though, there are people here who are giving constructive feedback, that is, positive and negative, constructive is not by definition only positive as some people tried to put it, and this is helping the mod grow, but all those crybabies are entertaining as well, so, love to everyone :thumbsup:

Requesting fulls logs for the servers.

We need the max of info in the logs to fight the scripters.

• Like 1

Requesting fulls logs for the servers.

We need the max of info in the logs to fight the scripters.

The helicopter is leaking fuel because you need to repair all the glasses. After reapiring all the glasses it won't leak anymore.

So its no Bug i guess.

Shruu

He clearly said dont request just discuss the update! Cant you guys read?

so many pussies here ^^

this is an alpha, we are here to give feedback and test the game!

not to complain about it, when there are graphical glitches!

btw.. i don't have any graphical glitches since the patch! So, not everyone is messed up.. just like bf3, maybe 90% of the community has no problems at all

Sorry to say but every single player have graphical glitches, it depends the place u are and the observation angle..i recommend u to go stary sabor at military camp and check

One fix for the graphics bug that I have found works is to flush your graphics. This is done by hitting shift and the minus key on your numpad then typing flush.

Flush barely ever works.. I did it once 10 times in a row and still it fucks up D:

* [FIXED] Respawn button not enabled when legs fractured (Now enables for fractured legs https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39161 )

Bring it just entirely back -.-?

Why? Because you don't want to run from kamenka and spam the respawn till you get to Cherno, Elektro or Prigorodky? Man up and grow balls, the game is intended to be hard, everything that could ease it gets fixed and players that do not want to give effort to survival start to bitch around. Stop playing the mod if you cant handle it man, really.

To all others: I am no moderator but I hate reading through this thread every time i open it. 90% of posts consist whining about how bad everything is and that Rocket should fix it. You guys really seem to think that mod is a weekend fun activity to code huh? I once tried modding for the Gothic series, and that was easy against ArmA II, after two Month, coding three hours every day beside school and work, I had just made 15% of a mod that had 30 minutes of playtime in the end. It's not like coding a mod is fun, it's hard work, as well as coding a whole game, only advantage is, that you don't have to mind the engine because it's allready there. Millions of lines of code, hours of testing just to trash your work and start again because there are faults in it, trying to find faulty lines while your eyes burn from the screen, headaches, I know the drill. So, if you whine about the graphics glitches, fps issues or such, allways think that there is only a small team that takes care of it and that fixing the problem takes a huge amount of time, not just snipping your fingers and voila, done.

I repeat myself: This Mod is fuckin' sweet work and I would gladly contribute by coding for you guys, but the community is 90% whiners and only 10% people who apreciate the hard work you do. A hiotfix in 4 days? Thats 3000% faster than any developer works and they got even more resources.

Just wait people, try to discuss the problems rather than just give Rocket the "fuck you man, i want to play, work for my pleasure, SoaB!" it does not help, it does not make coding easier and on top of all it is just unfair from you guys to question Rocket so much, just because you cry and quit the game as soon as errors occure. Alpha is a magical word, a fine description for something other people would call: Hell on earth. WE test, THEY code, WE tell, THEY work but in the process is absolutely no room for millions of comments that complain about patch deployment. As long as it does not help the mod, STFU and GTFO from this thread, this is discussion, not psycological-phone support.

As for the discussion: The errors are known and will be fixed. Zodiac13's solution with shift+minus key and then typing flush works most of the time for me, not all servers seem to support it though. Try that or restarting your game and setting the video memory to default, if it does not work, search for another server, a lot dont have problems at all while others have a crap load (maybe every server should be restarted more frequently to flush the graphics of the server rather than users flushing theirs)

Thats all folks, for all that contribute: I love you, fo all whiners and short-term posters: I hate you from the depths of my heart!

• Like 12

Thanks for a job well done Rocket, slowly but surely you and your team are whittling down the big issues, gj!

Of course there are going to be issues people, but damn this game is still a blast to play, I've not had a game where there is quite as many tense moments as dayz yet.

Has there been any news on when this new patch is actually due out??

Thats my primary question. Im excited =D

It would seem graphical glitches aren't the only issue at the moment, sure they are annoying as hell, and going to military areas are damn near impossible, but the amount of hackers I have seen over the past couple of days is just damn right laughable. This game is gonna burn before it breaks.

http://postimage.org/image/3ufi98eiv/full/

My view of Elektro about an hour ago.

oh god you whiners are so pathetic. This game is not going to die because half of us (including myself) cant play for a few days. The world is not coming to an end, you just need to chill the fuck out.

Edited by KT zu Guttenberg