rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Most of you guys really dont get it right ? There will be no stand alone aslong arma 2 + add on sales are that good. When those sales are going down then there will be a stand alone that you have to buy. Get it now ?

MFw it wasn't a suggestion this game is riding on new comers and when that steam is gone this won't be as popular. This is how I look at it ALPHA or not he needs to start making and testing a basis of other content.

Not a suggestion.

This kinda stuff doesn't make me want to buy the stand-alone game since it will be developed like the alpha. Meaning paying for a game and then get game breaking bugs so you can hardly play it. Woohoo.

That's why Rocket said, that he's focussed on bugfixing atm before developing new features. And the biggest features will be released within the stand alone launch.

But come on people, I think this is growing out of proportion. The game is growing extremely fast, almost 1M players atm, and the dev team aint exactly a multinational billiondollar corporation, meaning that theres a few guys with their hearts and souls in this mod, working their asses off for this patch/fix to be released. A few days of delay is not worth bitching about. I think we should cut them some slack..

But people won't cut them some slack. They want more and theywantitrightnowbecauseipayed25bucksforarma2justtoplaythisgameGIVEMEEVERYTHINGRIGHTTHEFUCKINGNOW!!!

• Like 2

the only other thing for someone like me is to do is what?

i am far beyond that point, and i find (well my team finds) always something fun to do.

look for a helicopter, dick around the NW airfield airborne if you want a challange.

but now they're getting slower on the patches themselves, let alone fixes.

slower fixes = more/tougher problems that need fixing.

maybe you can do it so much better,

bring it on and make your own game!

show us how easy it is to fix bugs!

• Like 1

Would be nice if dev team released a hotfix for graphics issues, tried everything at this point + while i can sometimes reduce the problem i cant avoid it altogether.

From what i gathered from clip, he mentions its already fixed in pending update (just that he wants to expand on the patch), if its an isolated code change would be nice to get a hotfix out asap.

As it is a game breaking bug + small updates are always nice, easier at times to see what went wrong when it gets broken

I can understand though if the dev team ended up rewriting a bunch of code + in same area of code someone realised hey why not add the bandit skins back ingame while we are at it.

Anyway might aswell throw another timeframe out there i.e next few days versus maybe by next weekend as no timeline + people hearing about a full patch ?

Edited by Torndeco
  • Like 2

But people won't cut them some slack. They want more and theywantitrightnowbecauseipayed25bucksforarma2justtoplaythisgameGIVEMEEVERYTHINGRIGHTTHEFUCKINGNOW!!!

It is kinda their fault that they have not hired more people onto the team high QA or not there needs to be either more people or they need to have a specific person work only on BUGS ONLY while the other 3 are closely working on new content.

I wish there were more vehicle spawns or like less time for vehicles to spawn. Like Maybe instead of the 7 days of non-use the vehicle despawns after 2 days of non-use. It seems there are never ever any vehicles in the game servers even in the ones with like 10 people.

Who gives a shit if there's going to be new fucking features, fix what's already broken first God damnit. I don't care about the new skins, the graphic artifacts NEED FIXING NOW.

It's easy to not give a shit when it doesn't affect you, but it's seriously a game breaker. It needs addressing now before any of these new shitty features are implemented. Do them afterwards.

Anyway might aswell throw another timeframe out there i.e next few days verus maybe by next weekend ?

Or maybe just "it's done when it's done"

I think rocket every day working for patch, and when it will be ready, he released it. So if you dont know how dificult sometimes to resolved bugs, please shut up. Rocket have brilliant idea and day Z is realy great game with great future. So if you havent patiens in alpha test, please dont say anything about hurry.

Ummm... say what?

I don't want to be rude so I'm not going to complain but this is really getting annoying.

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

This doesn't sound very complicated to do and it's the only thing that makes the game unplayable at the moment... Well, Rocket, I'm with you all the way on this one. You're doing a great job so far, even if it's not as quick as I'd like, but still a great job. And I'm a patient guy, so I guess I can wait a little longer. Keep on rocking!

Its just ridiculous they made millions of dollars with this Mod and will earn much more , but hey this is just an Alpha and we only sold arma 2 + add on so nothing to do with dayz ... point is Millions of dollars because of dayz.... then do something with this money besides taking a bath in it !

It is kinda their fault that they have not hired more people onto the team high QA or not there needs to be either more people or they need to have a specific person work only on BUGS ONLY while the other 3 are closely working on new content.

+++BREAKING NEWS+++

BI is not developing DayZ and rocket can not hire people as he doesn't earn money from this project.

Who gives a shit if there's going to be new fucking features

I do, now what?

This doesn't sound very complicated to do

are you a developer for arma2 mods by any chance?

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 4

+++BREAKING NEWS+++

BI is not developing DayZ and rocket can not hire people as he doesn't earn money from this project.

Shocker!

I played a couple of days ago and happened to land on a server that was at sunset (or before morning, i don't know), close to getting completely dark but still visible and playable just fine with brightness maxed out.

Unless i was running crouched on the street, the visibility bar was stuck to nothing - on streets i had 1 bar. So the infected were basically blind while I could still play just fine.

I also found a somewhat interesting exploit when I was desperate for some food. I just ran inside a barn and climbed up on that manure pile in the barn corner. the zombies can't hit there and the ones chasing from outside aren't coming inside when I'm on the pile of crap, but rather go around to the back trying to hit me through the open spaces behind the pile of manure.

So I could just go in 1st person, use makarov to heatshot the two zombies that were already in barn before i entered and hope they have a can of beans, go back on the manure pile.

Climb down from manure pile and stay in the middle of the barn long enough for the zombies that were trying to attack me from the other side to come to the door, when they're in the door climb on manure and headshot them.

PS. In case you people haven't figured it out yet, the mod update was delayed for the same reason it was delayed last time : there was an expo / game show / some kind of presentation somewhere and Rocket didn't want the update to screw up the marketing occasion.

PS2. Not really concerned about bullets being counted in 1.7.2.5 as long as the hatchet still has 99999 bullets I'll be fine.

By the way Rocket, the crowbar for me doesn't work AT ALL . It shows no bullets, can't swing it, can't reload it, it's like having it stuck in my hands, can't do anything with it. It also goes over the equipped weapon if I use "Take crowbar" and when i do drop in the inventory, the shotgun or whatever I had comes back.

Edited by mariush

All these entitled impatient kids and their frustration is breaking the forums. Please patch them away. Please! Rocket, now!

• Like 5

Dont m

Or maybe just "it's done when it's done"

Dont mind the waiting not like i got a choice lol

But since servers are kinda expected now to keep updated to avoid blacklisting... i.e last time there a thread to update to avoid getting blacklisted

Also it would be nice for locals that play regular on servers that got vixs not to be subject to the graphics bugs

All i was looking for was a new rough timeframe like do i bother to check back in a couple of days / weeks / next month for update ?

Its a simple nice question that rocket can ignore / answer / or give a smart answer back himself :P

Edited by Torndeco

seriously guys, stop spamming the patch notes from 1.7.2.5 with "FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT" it's getting annoying

it is as if you'd be screamed at by your children while fixing the car tire "Drive NOW daddy, NOW NOW NOW! DO IT!"

All these entitled impatient kids and their frustration is breaking the forums. Please patch them away. Please! Rocket, now!

Actually, that one is my job :)
  • Like 8

People wouldn't be so pissed off if the game was still playable. We can't go to NWAF, Stary, Balota, or just ANY of the decent places with military loot.

Leave your shit new features out until we can actually play the game again and give us the hotfix you promised. Full patches can wait..

vh48bd.jpg

Need we say more?

Edited by -SA-Vanguard
  • Like 3

I cant see the problem...

I had the same problem with the artifacts untill i did what was recommended in multiple solutions out here...

when will the patch hit im stuck in an army tent and cant see shit for 4 days now becomes kinda annoying -,-

and those ''solutions'' dont work for everyone tried em all gave me 5 seconds without graphic glitch and then it went back , i dont really get why this isnt being hotfixed but that might be me

Edited by Fulgrim