rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

Please, fix zombie spawn.

Ladies and gentlemen, the internet's longest "hour".

:)

• Like 26

Your support is great, Rocket! I wish companies like DICE and Crytek would have fast patching like this!

If you keep on supporting the game like this, when it becomes standalone, I will definitely buy it!

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 2

You call this quick? This is already 3 days after the target date, and the graphics bug appeared like what, 3 days before that? I was already starting to get bored with DayZ, but the graphics bug was the nail in coffin for me, I probably won't play until they add something to increase replayability.

• Like 5

You call this quick? This is already 3 days after the target date, and the graphics bug appeared like what, 3 days before that? I was already starting to get bored with DayZ, but the graphics bug was the nail in coffin for me, I probably won't play until they add something to increase replayability.

Cool. Bye.

• Like 16

It takes DICE 3 months (sometimes even never) to patch a bug like that. This is considered very good

• Like 10

Target date 1st august :/ still nothing. Im kinda "jammed" in airfield cause the graphical glitches are so bad around the military bases i cant get out of there -,- can see anything.

I spent the time playing like ammo isn't infinite. So I have right now a CZ, M14 and a G17 on my char. I'm roaming around Zelengorsk. I've realised that there will be a lot of risk be involved. All in all I must say that Zeds actually feel fine and good right now. You just have to prone from time to time or simply crouch walk! ... Right now it's all about if a town grind is worth it or not. There is no need for me to go into the town besides a tent or a ghillie. Wires and occasional ammo from industry building is fine, but not needed. I seam to HAVE to visit the industry building too, so the trip gets even. I mean: Costs even the use.

BLAH! I just want to say that I look forward to this update. Towns get risky because ammo gets sacred again. It makes the game more fun again. Infinite ammo was cool for trying out guns, but let's move on.

What will happen to the debug monitor in beta or standalone? Will it completly dissapear? I'm so used to it right now...

• Like 4

Cool. Bye.

I actually agree with the first post. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Day-Z, but development seems to have stagnated and people are getting bored. Our group has everything, helicopter, high grade weaponry, coyotes, NVGs, rangefinders, GPSs, and there is nothing to do apart from sit on a hill and shoot people. On top of that there is a ton of bugs, the problem of Alt+F4ers, and hackers who continue to waste everyone's time and server hoster's money.

Edited by ruarz
  • Like 1

I love how everyone expects an update to be right on time. I mean come on people, when do you think an update for a game/mod will be on time all the time. Its hard work trying to find a single error in a big batch of code and to make align with the rest of the code without screwing something else up. People that say, "I'm gonna stop playing this cause the update isn't on time" is a retard, you have no other zombie game like this. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been waiting forever for a game like this. If you want to stop playing just because a simple issue in an unfinished mod. Fine by me, go, leave, I will enjoy the sweet thrill of this game where everything is on the line at every moment.

• Like 15

I love how everyone expects an update to be right on time. I mean come on people, when do you think an update for a game/mod will be on time all the time. Its hard work trying to find a single error in a big batch of code and to make align with the rest of the code without screwing something else up. People that say, "I'm gonna stop playing this cause the update isn't on time" is a retard, you have no other zombie game like this. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been waiting forever for a game like this. If you want to stop playing just because a simple issue in an unfinished mod. Fine by me, go, leave, I will enjoy the sweet thrill of this game where everything is on the line at every moment.

This.

Maybe they have found a bug in the patch and need time to fix it. None wants a patch to deliver even more bugs, right?

• Like 6

Really you should ask for a refund.

• Like 4

So, do you have an updated target release date on the patch?

And how is the ALT+F4 issue at the moment? I sure as hell don't want to waste my limited bullets on DC'ers... :bandit:

Edited by Vitdom

You guys do understand that he's putting in a lot more than just graphical fixes right? :) I heard that soon enough, bandit and hero faces MIGHT be brought into play again! Be patient! A lot of other huge industries take months to release a patch! Rocket is also probably testing the update himself right now before he releases it. Maybe something didn't exactly go as planned?

In other words, keep waiting, wont take too much longer!

How come the update is always 2-3 days late?

Edited by nexXtec
  • Like 2

I actually agree with the first post. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Day-Z but development seems to have stagnated and people are getting bored. Our group has everything, helicopter, high grade weaponry, coyotes, NVGs, rangefinders, GPSs, and there is nothing to do apart from sit on a hill and shoot people. On top of that there is a ton of bugs, and hackers continue to waste everyone's time and server hoster's money.

Exactly my point, after I get the best gear in the game, what am I supposed to do? I don't want to kill people, the only other thing for someone like me is to do is what? Sit in a forest somewhere, Kill animals and drink pond water? Sounds very fun.

They found the bug way before the release date, or this topic even came out. I said to myself "Oh it'll come out on the 1st? I'll wait since I can't even enter berezino, let alone get to the hospital to get vital morphine."

They used to come out with bug fixes, ones like these, EXTREMELY quick. Which is what I used to like about the Devs, but now they're getting slower on the patches themselves, let alone fixes.

• Like 2

This.

Maybe they have found a bug in the patch and need time to fix it. None wants a patch to deliver even more bugs, right?

Exactly, I sort of know the feeling of dealing with problems in code in one of my computer classes. The class I was in was easy but code can be a big hassle just because one single mistake can cause anything to happen. Even a misspell of a word or one number off can ruin your day and you have to go back and find the error, I only had to deal with about 3 pages of code in the whole semester.

Imagine of how many pages they have to go through before they can find the error.

I just wish we would hear something about a release already, even if it's "Okay guys, we discovered X problem and it's going to take a while to fix"...

GODDAMN ARTIFACTS D:

• Like 4