rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

What's up with the development of the DayZ? Are you all working on the standalone hurriedly that you stopped releasing new features/content for the mod? At least communicate your plans with us because without extra content, DayZ getting old pretty fast. I congratulate you on the 1 millon players, but some of them are already bored to death with DayZ in it's current status. If you keep doing this for months, I'm afraid you'll some of the hype.

Enjoying the game. Bugs and all. It's great. Keep up the good work, Dev team. Looking forward to the next patch!

I got the game 6 days ago just to try out dayz. After 7-8 hours in the game now it's time i get some decent military stuff, but hey... i can't see because of the glitch.

I tried all the proposed fixes on the forums. Patched the drives, flushed the memory, touch some dayz files in inappropriate places, everything the community offered and none helped. All the places me and my budy wants to check out are death traps for me with this visual glitch.

So just the hotfix devs. The new features can wait as long as we can see ingame again! : )

Rocket,

the 2nd dev-heaven link regarding the excessive logging, is broken.

It can be viewed only to admins.

why is it that only new people seem to not get rid of the glitch?...

I got mine vanished with the new graficsdriver...

alibipost on topic: i would like to see theese new scarves in action, would be like: he has a red scarv, its a bandit, kill him :D

It is kinda their fault that they have not hired more people onto the team high QA or not there needs to be either more people or they need to have a specific person work only on BUGS ONLY while the other 3 are closely working on new content.

Kinda hard to hire people without some kind of income. Wait for standalone, kids.

+++BREAKING NEWS+++

BI is not developing DayZ and rocket can not hire people as he doesn't earn money from this project.

Kinda hard to hire people without some kind of income. Wait for standalone, kids.

There is no word to work without pay unless you use hobby so I am using employ without the use of the awardment of "pay".

But unless he EMPLOYS WITHOUT MONEY TO HIS TEAM.

The progress will be worse off than having more than 4 people working on the core of the game.

Out reach to the community for models (people have already redid cans and added makarov magazine models that are low polygon count but hey he didnt implement it when it was for the VR engine.)

Edited by saifallofjmr

I'm sure there are plenty of mature people out there who are willing to establish a connection between the DayZ team and the community, and report back to everyone in regards to what's currently in the making and what they can expect. The worst thing you can do when developing something that becomes very popular, is to lack the required communication between developer and player base. Why not have someone, or a handful of people represent the developers and be the ones answering the questions that the community throwes at them? It's better to have some questions answered regularly than everyones questions appear as if they're falling on deaf ears.

• Like 2

Actually, that one is my job :)

Let me know if you need help with that. I am great at eradicating pests, in fact I just killed a bunch of fruitflies in our kitchen sink using some Jockey-spray and a match. I literally killed them with fire.

• Like 2

I'm sure there are plenty of mature people out there who are willing to establish a connection between the DayZ team and the community, and report back to everyone in regards to what's currently in the making and what they can expect. The worst thing you can do when developing something that becomes very popular, is to lack the required communication between developer and player base. Why not have someone, or a handful of people represent the developers and be the ones answering the questions that the community throwes at them? It's better to have some questions answered regularly than everyones questions appear as if they're falling on deaf ears.

This.^

It's also common courtesy.

Rocket, see this thread concerning vehicules please.

http://dayzmod.com/f...nu/page__st__40

Also, vehicules should never explode, this is not a Michel Bay movie, unless of course explosive are used.

PS: Underground base are a shit idea, let us build surface base that actually make sense, such as barricading the warehouse with the blue doors or build wodden camps // sandbags camps. Anyway who in their right mind would dig underground in a zombie apocalypse will all the problem that building underground involve both engine wise and from a realistic stand point.

Edited by daedrick

I came here looking for server security.

I was actually doing this at the start. I would listen to Rocket/Tonic/Dwarden etc. and pass on info to the community that wasn't considered sensitive. All that happened was people getting pissed off at me regarding any changes to the game.

Besides, the TS server we used is all but dead now. I've become extremely busy with my day-time commitments, and the dev team has obviously become swamped with work.

I was actually doing this at the start. I would listen to Rocket/Tonic/Dwarden etc. and pass on info to the community that wasn't considered sensitive. All that happened was people getting pissed off at me regarding any changes to the game.

Besides, the TS server we used is all but dead now. I've become extremely busy with my day-time commitments, and the dev team has obviously become swamped with work.

People getting pissed at changes is unavoidable, but perhapps a few forum members can apply to become community managers and charge themselves with providing information to and from the developers. Obviously these members will need to have thick skin, but I think it's a very good step in the right direction. Community managers can do the developers a favour of highlighting key improvements from suggestions and pass them on perhapps weekly or twice a week to the development team, and the development team can pass on information to the community managers once or twice a week, regarding things they are working on and have completed, and when things are expected to be released.

After all, people like to think that their ideas are heared, and not just getting buried in the soot. And people like to know what's happening, not just have a suprise when things are released.

Edited by Nasias

What's up with the development of the DayZ? Are you all working on the standalone hurriedly that you stopped releasing new features/content for the mod? At least communicate your plans with us because without extra content, DayZ getting old pretty fast. I congratulate you on the 1 millon players, but some of them are already bored to death with DayZ in it's current status. If you keep doing this for months, I'm afraid you'll some of the hype.

could u please for the love of god read some threads before posting.. your question has been answered a million times by rocket alrdy

All these entitled impatient kids and their frustration is breaking the forums. Please patch them away. Please! Rocket, now!

Impatient? It would be impatient if you could still PLAY the game. Almost everywhere that spawns GOOD loot has this shi*ty graphics bug. I tried all of the fixes and none of them worked. He should of just made a hotfix instead of whatever he's doing.

Edited by jstarkreborn

Impatient? It would be impatient if you could still PLAY the game. Almost everywhere that spawns GOOD loot has this shi*ty graphics bug. I tried all of the fixes and none of them worked. He should of just made a hotfix instead of whatever he's doing.

Wait a few days? Jesus Christ

I waited 2 weeks cause a patch broke BF3 and when another BF3 patch came and didn't fix it,I had to fix it myself!

That's stupid. Not this

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

How come the update is always 2-3 days late?

So Rocket can torture impatient or excited people lol. I would rather wait for it to be tested to make it fixes the graphical errors than for him to release it right now.

• Like 1

And this is a typical example of something the community managers could take care of; The Developers of DayZ would inform the community managers of what to expect in the coming few days, information on patches they are working on and what sort of features or fixes they should expect, and the current storm of anger that people are expressing because of lack of communications would simply go away.

Wait a few days? Jesus Christ

I waited 2 weeks cause a patch broke BF3 and when another BF3 patch came and didn't fix it,I had to fix it myself!

That's stupid. Not this

I'm an avid bf3 player(ps3) and I have never encountered game breaking bugs, glitches, and exploits, but nothing game breaking. If this was just a bug and not a game breaking bug, I would happily support Rocket.

Stop crying already. Take a hike, swim in a lake, or fight with a cow. Whatever.

I'm an avid bf3 player(ps3) and I have never encountered game breaking bugs, glitches, and exploits, but nothing game breaking. If this was just a bug and not a game breaking bug, I would happily support Rocket.

Buy BF3 on PC and you will see. It has game breaking bugs

Buy BF3 on PC and you will see. It has game breaking bugs

Not for 90% of the community.

+1

As far as know, rocket does all the coding behind dayz. Correct me if this has changed.

Its still kind of? Rockets fault. I'm not sure about after this patch, but this could of easily been caught if they tested it. I used to code with DMI(byond) and I always tested something before patching it.

I mean, they do test patches before they release it, right? Or do they have us test that too? I'm seriously curious with that one.

Everybody got the right to " cry " like you strange guys say.

So Stop crying about the ones who cry . Take a hike, swim in a lake, or fight with a cow.