Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

I played on experimental this round.  Right before the update went to stable, it was decided to make wheels indestructible and unremovable.  The change was never tested.  Probably a mistake.

Maybe the lesson is to wipe experimental whenever you make adjustments to cars like this.  Wipe and see how they respond before moving to stable.  /shrug.

• Like 1

Bug / Feedback. 

Tents can only be placed on perfectly horizontal locations. A slight slope? No chance, even if its flat. Would be nice if tent placing is a bit more forginving about slight slopes or tiny bumps in the area.

• Beans 1

This update fucked everything.

Servers always shutting down for no reason (isnt restart), random disconnects.

The character get stuck on walls/stairs walking normaly.

The big part of the loot is damaged or badly damaged.

Shots doesnt hit (happen me 3 or 4 times with blaze/shotgun).

Hackers always on high/full servers without any bans.

I will stop play cuz its need spend much time to get some good loot and at the end im killed by hacker.

• Beans 1

Dear developers. Again, ballistics values have been changed in the update, this time making some of its objective values (mainly velocity) more fake than in 1.18. Why don't you use real values in weapon ballistics? If someone is interested in the change, here is a post I just wrote:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/253674-why-dont-use-real-values-in-weapon-ballistics/

Edited by Kathosky
  • Like 1

Played all day with food poisoning and still have it.  Health, blood, water and food have all been full white and nothing.  Also took 2 charcoal tabs and that did nothing as well.  This could do with an urgent fix as t makes game play really bad.  Vehicles drive nice, but suffer catastrophic damage way to easily.  I had a V3S Cargo role down a slight slop for 30 feet and it got totalled when it hit a wall,  also the Humvee seems to get damaged whilst driving it around normally,  how did these things get through experimental and they had better put some quick fixes in or people are going to walk away from the game.  Fixing in 3 ,months time is not the answer this time around.

I just like to mention I wasted 12 hours of looting a day ago in 1.19 patch, because I suddenly was naked with only a mosin in my hand all my items just vanished.. Is that still item registration issues? 1.19 stable patch is not ready at all - it had a lot of bugs and ackward character movements when I was close to walls and other objects like trees like stagger. I cant even dig worms close to a tree that bug has been in 1.18 stable branch too, it is just annoying that is not fixed, because I dont report bugs anymore since the 2014 launch. 

The worst about the latest patch update is the horrific server stability an official Dayz server should at least last minimum 3 hours before it needs a rebot. Anyway at least an improvement in 2022 patch 1.19 compare to the 2014 version of Dayz when items vanished when you place items on the ground. I somehow think the core code has some major issues still related to item registration.

Anyway some positives it was great to add additional 1st person servers and soon 5k Dayz hours on my steam account and I enjoy the character speed limitation and new items and actually a sound when I throw my fish away to my cat, cya all in the village of Zvir. Why still no pets in Dayz? 🙂

Edited by Nebulae3

2 hours ago, Fing said:

Played all day with food poisoning and still have it.  Health, blood, water and food have all been full white and nothing.  Also took 2 charcoal tabs and that did nothing as well.  This could do with an urgent fix as t makes game play really bad.  Vehicles drive nice, but suffer catastrophic damage way to easily.  I had a V3S Cargo role down a slight slop for 30 feet and it got totalled when it hit a wall,  also the Humvee seems to get damaged whilst driving it around normally,  how did these things get through experimental and they had better put some quick fixes in or people are going to walk away from the game.  Fixing in 3 ,months time is not the answer this time around.

Yes a valid point I think the food poisoning is still too strong and last too long even without multivitamin; when you throw up couple of times and we should get healthy without vitamin. 

Edited by Nebulae3

On 10/21/2022 at 5:11 PM, Fing said:

Same.

I'm sure I Cholera - fever, hydration drain and vomitting. I stayed in a house with food/water, got to max stats for 100% natural immunity + alternating between tetra,  charcoal and multivitamin. Took over an hour to finally cure, and even then it seemed to only cure after I re-logged.

I don't know if this has changed but I always used to cure it by getting to 100% natural immunity before 1.19. I never used the medication. Natural immunity did not work this time though.

Edited by RZ0R

Had an odd one happen earlier. Went to stealth kill a zombie, and as the animation started it popped me under ground in the falling animation. I thought for sure that was it. But after landing in the invisible water and re-logging i was back about 20m from where i tried to kill the zombie. Weird thing though is that the zombie was still alive and in the same spot.

Also got to drive the ADA finally, and for some reasons the 3rd person camera is way closer then on other vehicles. Makes it a bit of a pain to drive outside first person compared to the other cars. Offroad performance was significantly better then the sedans. I have been noticing a lot of activity in the south. Even in the south east, so people are definitely moving south and exploring. Item Spawns are a bit messy. Too many generators spawning in particular, especially considering how niche of a use this item has right now and how long it sticks around in the world. I would say armored zombie spawns are too common as well. Easiest way to get a plate by far is off of a mil zombie and they often spawn in pairs or more.

Edit; Well that was unfortunate. hackers on OFC servers confirmed. Driving around and character instantly dead. Re-spawned and same this within seconds. Talked to another freshie and he had the same. feels bad man.

Edited by penguin511

Bring back update 1.18 until this 1.19 its fine, actually its broken. We get stuck on wall/stairs/everything. Loot its crap and broken. FIX THE GAME BEFORE RELEASE A SHIT UPDATES

6 hours ago, clickptg said:

Bring back update 1.18 until this 1.19 its fine, actually its broken. We get stuck on wall/stairs/everything. Loot its crap and broken. FIX THE GAME BEFORE RELEASE A SHIT UPDATES

Both of these are features. or intended to be. Items spawning in random condition increases variety and makes more logical sense from a looting perspective. Getting overly stuck on things is an unintended side effect of a change to help prevent people from falling off of high points. It was worse in EXP and while still annoying in stable it's not too bad if you stay mindful. it still should be fixed.

I do think exp was pushed a little too quick to stable. A lot of the things in this thread were reported or known about in exp.

• Beans 1

I am trying to play in an official server "NL 366.38.55" but it is impossible: lag, disconnections and, every now and then, it kicks many players in groups. In the evening with the server almost full, almost everyone kicks and I find myself with the server that was 50 players turned into 5 players and very long lines to return. Then, often, when returning, it kicks due to too high latency, and it is a problem with the server NOT on my line. I had seen these problems before in DayZ, but never as serious as after this patch. Some servers where I played before, in America, I had a ping between 140 and 220... always playable, now I see them over 350.
I keep seeing that I take every path the game gets worse and worse... 😠

P.S.
A note. If I do the "tracert" from the PC I arrive at the server in 10 jumps with 44ms. The "problem" is NOT with the hardware server or packet routing, but with the game itself... 😡

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

- SNIP -

Yeah, servers have been very unstable from what I've heard. I wasn't sure if only these 2 community servers that I play on were unstable or if more servers are having issues. Apparently a lot of stuff was bugged...

I really hope the upcoming hotfix fixes all the big issues (inertia and lag/connection issues).

In other news, game had 57,465 concurrent players today. Close to the previous record and I hope the current issues didn't demotivate new/returning players. In all honesty, maybe inertia/player movement shouldn't have launched with 1.19 until they fixed the issues.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

Bohemia Interactive

12 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

In all honesty, maybe inertia/player movement shouldn't have launched with 1.19 until they fixed the issues.

In all honesty, the game left beta years ago.  You'd think this would be a extremely important element to the overall balance of the title, but it just keeps waffling.  You'd think ballistics and player inertia would be core fundamental principles in this game, but it just seems like they make decisions based on whims and crying instead of the original core concepts.  Sad.

It will prove to be true that they will never have enough people for acceptable quality assurance.  Both in the company and out.   BI adds code to game fully knowing it will be a shit show on stable for quite a while.  They don't have enough people to host a proper playtesting session.  Players don't test experimental and a preset date is always set in stone for each update.  

Also, could we be able to pick up and/or skin+quarter chickens in the future?   Instead of having to perform asinine workarounds for it?  A survival game is based around managements like eating, diseases, and not dying, right?.  This one of the most iconic early gameplay loops and it totally fails.  This is a major bug since before 1.19. 

Core gameplay mechanics completely upended years past official launch.  

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, Parazight said:

In all honesty, the game left beta years ago.

I still consider it a beta lol. It's easier for me to explain the state of the game to my friends... "yeah, it doesn't say it's a beta game, but it basically is beta so be ready for some issues". Still love the game.

I just hope stuff like this doesn't keep happening. Game was in a semi bug-free state, aside from the handbug or ADS bug or zombies on roofs or wolves that phase through walls or... well... Let's stop there lol.
If it continues having 50k players on daily basis they'll have to increase the quality of the supposed "stable" branch. I know they are a somewhat small team in a huge industry so it's easy to forget just how much manpower is necessary to develop a game.

I don't want to nag on the devs too much, I love the game as much as anyone does and I want to see it shine.
Loving the update, hating the bugs.

Anyone had flying cars yet, or is that a thing of the past?

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Anyone had flying cars yet, or is that a thing of the past?

Does that answer your question?

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Haha 3

We were warned by WOBO that on servers with high pop and poor performance that this would happen,  But on the server we are about to launch, with FPS running at a buttery smooth 8700, we got flying vehicles.  No bases, nothing wierd, about 10 vehicles spawn on the server, and while we were testing yesterday, the car hit a fence and went out of sight in the air.  I was watching server FPS at the time at happened.  Nobody was lagging, my ping is 20 ms because the server is on my network.  BI sure knows how to instill confidence in it's player base with these amazing patches.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'm going to have to call it a day with 1.19.  The gameplay has totally gone.  I really don't like that things are damaged so quickly, I'm down to my last spark plug and that is almost gone, cars do drive nicely, but they don't stay around for that long.  Usually, after a day of driving, if that and something is fucked on the car that you can no longer drive, it's back to being on foot and a long search for the fucked part.  The only player on the server with a low ping rate and is still unstable.  I expect problems with updates as I have been playing for 6 years and have tolerated much, but this is a really bad update are we going to have 3 months of this with no fixes?

• Sad 1

PC 1.19 Update 2 - Version 1.19.155430 (Released on 26.10.2022)
GAME
FIXED

• Steam Achievements were not functional
  • The character could get launched into the air when changing stances close to objects
  • It was not possible to crawl up steep slopes
  • The character could get stuck when walking backwards along walls
  • Widgets for the quickbar and stamina were misaligned in certain cases
  • It was possible to glitch through base-building objects
  • It was possible to use the vehicle horn in the pause menu
  • It was difficult to access the engine widget in the Sarka 120
  • Reversing into objects with M3S truck could result in major crash damage to the fuel tank
  • Fixed several building issues

CHANGED

• Updated the model of the M1025 engine
  • Reduced the amount of damage the blowtorch takes on usage
  • Decreased the amount of glowplugs in the world
  • The light of the mummy infected now fades after death

SERVER

• Fixed: Ban list/Whitelist/Priority list would not accept all possible player identifiers
  • Fixed: Setting inertia values in the cfggameplay.json to 0.0 would result in a game freeze - minimum value is now 0.01, see documentation

KNOWN ISSUES

• Vehicles spawn with wheels, wheels cannot be removed nor damaged (this is an intended, temporary change)
  • this change is also recommended for community servers to ensure vehicle stability
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fing said:

I'm going to have to call it a day with 1.19.  The gameplay has totally gone.  I really don't like that things are damaged so quickly, I'm down to my last spark plug and that is almost gone, cars do drive nicely, but they don't stay around for that long.  Usually, after a day of driving, if that and something is fucked on the car that you can no longer drive, it's back to being on foot and a long search for the fucked part.  The only player on the server with a low ping rate and is still unstable.  I expect problems with updates as I have been playing for 6 years and have tolerated much, but this is a really bad update are we going to have 3 months of this with no fixes?

OH! How wrong you are!  Today, they fixed the misalignment of Widgets on the quickbar!  (/sarcasm off) I get what you are saying, I've stuck through this BS for almost 9 years now.  I don't understand why they released this patch with so many issues not ironed out, ESPECIALLY WITH THE VEHICLES, again, they are nearly unusable, and the answer is for server owners to make sure they spawn with tires.  LOL!  This is not the first time they have recommended this to server owners and I find it funny that they claim to make a step forwards only to take steps backward simply because they didn't fully vet this patch.... YET AGAIN.

I know software development is hard, I work in IT.  I was a software project manager for many years, and one thing I learned is that if the customers are constantly yelling at you that you are giving them crap, you need to fix your internal testing methodology.  What you guys are and have been doing is a complete joke.  You are your own worst enemy.  Please stop this vicious cycle of fix, test 5 minutes and release.  I know this patch was on experimental for awhile, and should have STAYED on it until the vehicles worked reliably. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

OH! How wrong you are!  Today, they fixed the misalignment of Widgets on the quickbar!  (/sarcasm off) I get what you are saying, I've stuck through this BS for almost 9 years now.  I don't understand why they released this patch with so many issues not ironed out, ESPECIALLY WITH THE VEHICLES, again, they are nearly unusable, and the answer is for server owners to make sure they spawn with tires.  LOL!  This is not the first time they have recommended this to server owners and I find it funny that they claim to make a step forwards only to take steps backward simply because they didn't fully vet this patch.... YET AGAIN.

I know software development is hard, I work in IT.  I was a software project manager for many years, and one thing I learned is that if the customers are constantly yelling at you that you are giving them crap, you need to fix your internal testing methodology.  What you guys are and have been doing is a complete joke.  You are your own worst enemy.  Please stop this vicious cycle of fix, test 5 minutes and release.  I know this patch was on experimental for awhile, and should have STAYED on it until the vehicles worked reliably. 

I’m not sure why they’re saying that vehicles need to be spawned with wheels, i always spawn them without everything on my server(so you need to find all things to drive them), and they work completly normal, i didnt had any issues with flying/lagging vehicles with this new vehicle physics, if anything, i’d look into mods which changes vehicles behavior(or running dozens of mods, which many servers does, and is always a mess) or server(hardware) performance itself, fact that some server owners claim to have 10000+ fps doesnt mean that there are not any "lag spikes".

I, for example, have my server running on 2x xeon x5570(which is 2009 nehalem cpu) on lowest powerstate, which is holding the cpu clock on 1.6Ghz, dayzserver job is set to 4 cores from the second cpu(also assigned through process lasso), my server fps ranges from 1500 to 4000(depends on number of players,but since the server is for private community the number of players is like 15 max) and as i said, in 1.19 i didnt had any issues with vehicles, i also dont run any mods apart from some minor tweaks(lower player dmg coeficient in cars, some crafting/basebuilding changes etc...).

The "main" issue i noticed when testing the 1.19 vehicles in SP is - olga and sarka have too "jumpy" suspensions and when you’re driving too "fast"(i’m talking like 150+kmh fast) over some bump the suspension compression is too big and when the underside of the vehicle touches the ground(especially bump in the ground), that is usually what sends the vehicle flying.

from my PoV there are 3 solutions to this.

for olga and sarka - make the suspension compression smaller and spring stiffness/damping bigger - 5 second fix in axles config, already done it

for vehicle underside collision with ground :

1.) redo the behavior of lateral collisions between vehicle and terrain

2.) "fix" all the roads on chernarus(livonia is actually kinda ok with this) to be straight without bumps - if you compare the roads in A2 chernarus, and A3 altis for example, in A3 the roads are perfectly straight, but in A2(and in dayz too) they are not really straight and have many bumps in them

3.) kinda cheap/fast way, make the actual collision of the vehicle underside higher then it actually is,but this may result in some minor clipping with big compressions, wich results in second part of this solution - make the compression range lower.

Edited by TheSzepy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Fully support

• Like 1

There are so many people who just need to move to another game because they forgot, or never knew, what this game is about.

"Wasted 12 hours of looting" .......

Its the game!!! 

Please look up the word entertainment 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Please fix the issue where you get a lag spike when closing your inventory. I'm always getting good frames with no drops ingame, but the inventory closing always freezes the game for me. It freezes up to 5 seconds sometimes even, I know I'm not alone with this issue, because some of my friends have it too.

1 hour ago, Akela707 said:

Please fix the issue where you get a lag spike when closing your inventory. I'm always getting good frames with no drops ingame, but the inventory closing always freezes the game for me. It freezes up to 5 seconds sometimes even, I know I'm not alone with this issue, because some of my friends have it too.

i get lag spikes just by walking/moving around. not fun....servers are lagging bad