Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

17 minutes ago, alewis said:

So 12 minutes hopefully. Thanks.

Was it? 

Steam deck player here, is there or can there be anyway to disable controller glyphs when playing the game? I'm currently using a mixed input setup that takes advantages from controllers and mouse combined but the constant switching from keyboard glyphs to the new controller glyphs is a bit distracting. Would appreciate a way to disable this.

Is there any way to find out the 1.18 inertia values? Trying to revert the values back to 1.18 but have no way to know what it was.

has anyone noticed when they get hit by a zombie and gets cut they get a white screen ? how would we fix this its related to the dayz update today

of 1.19

Edited by mrwolv
edit

6 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

has anyone noticed when they get hit by a zombie and gets cut they get a white screen ? how would we fix this its related to the dayz update

Have you tried turning off bleeding indicator? Apparently this only affects some servers, the only one i know of is modded, so theres that. Maybe some mod issues.

3 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Have you tried turning off bleeding indicator? Apparently this only affects some servers, the only one i know of is modded, so theres that. Maybe some mod issues.

do you know the code for the config.cfg or serverdz.cfg file

25 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

do you know the code for the config.cfg or serverdz.cfg file

Nah, I mean the client-side setting. Does it still happen with it off? Could be a temporary measure for players if it does avoid the issue.

Have no idea if there are ways to turn them off server-side, have no idea about servers at all, sorry.

Hi

I am having an issue where vehicles around the map cannot be interacted with and if you do get one going it glitches out and you cannot get out.
the only fix is to relog, and when you log back in, you roll back and the vehicle has despawned

12 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I have a genuine question regarding Linux servers. What would it mean for DayZ if it had Linux servers? Would it make hosting easier/better/cheaper and would it improve performance in some way?

Not attacking or anything, just genuinely interested because I see people asking for Linux servers.

yes linux server are cheaper to rent. each and every windows server "needs" a licensed copy of windows and msft charges based on the number of cores (which as passed down to end-users).  

linux is free!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I have a genuine question regarding Linux servers. What would it mean for DayZ if it had Linux servers? Would it make hosting easier/better/cheaper and would it improve performance in some way?

Not attacking or anything, just genuinely interested because I see people asking for Linux servers.

For myself, first I would like to be able to save a monthly fee for the Windows license.  Also all flavors of Linux, you do not need to run a Graphical User Interface (GUI). This saves a ton of resources and will allow individuals hosting servers to be able to run more servers if they so choose.  I currently run a vanilla experimental server on a docker on my main server.  A docker is a crash only container (if it crashes you won't have your entire system lock up), and dockers can share system resources as well.  Unlike what many of us have to do is set a specific amount of resources to run a Virtual Machine to run Windows.  It is also a preference for a lot of server owners, but it all comes down to what is possible for BI to do and what resources they want to put where.  We all want something 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi BI,

Could you please clarify when the Linux server will be updated to the same build as the stable release? I've forced an update to the Linux server, but it still seems outdated compared to the latest client version.

what about the white screens when hit by zombies and game crashes randomly will we get a fix

13 hours ago, rvonpod said:

Hi

I am having an issue where vehicles around the map cannot be interacted with and if you do get one going it glitches out and you cannot get out.
the only fix is to relog, and when you log back in, you roll back and the vehicle has despawned

I'm having the same issue.

The cars are useless right now. 

And probably a server wipe is not going to fix this issue, since it happens for all Vanilla cars as well.

Great patch!

The only bummer is, the loot respawn issue seems to still be around...(the one where it spawns multiple items of one type in the same location, which turns trying to find said item into a needle in the haystack kind of situation).

Thats a major impact on gameplay that should be addressed asap.

3 hours ago, HatiHati1 said:

I'm having the same issue.

The cars are useless right now. 

And probably a server wipe is not going to fix this issue, since it happens for all Vanilla cars as well.

I had the same and it's gone after server restarts. But i made full server wipe.

Try out hot server restart aka terminate process and start again that may fix your problems.

this update its crap only broke the game. i got stuck in walls, most part of loot is damaged or badly damaged, food/drink waste 2x faster without running, other stuff. The only thing its was improved was the kill zombies its now better/fixed

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rvonpod said:

Hi

Same here buddy... Same here...

Okay... y-day wrote a ticket (forgot what number) About car issue with the following: I found a car and drove it for few minutes, press M and the map doesnt show where i am at all. Pressing on admin tool i see that the car is still there where i took it. Pressing from the admin tool for my coordinates and states ```0,0,0``` Weird... 
Today same thing. Me and my guys looted few towns, got a car full of gear. They stated that the screen froze. I could keep running the car few meters... Then i lost all actions over the vic (couldn't stop the engine, cant get out... I can see the body of everyone, but no movement.) I did told them to relog, after that - no car... and we were on positions like 1 min before the Freeze...
No idea what cause that thing... Maybe new Vic issue with sync... I might disable all vics in my server. Cause i think they are messed up somehow...

I have no clue what is happening... I will disable all VICs for now on... 

Best update to date. 

INERTIA is an unexpected awesome gift. It works beautifully and now zigzagging is less a thing. 

Randomized damage state on items makes all feel better, more authentic. 

LIVONIA is better, I would have liked something more but southwest have now its purpose.

In this regard the only remark is that you make Dambog a way a lone player can't access all the levels. I think lone players should have more trouble maybe to access than a duo or more. But prevent them completely is wrong. 

GPS made me worry, in another game I used to like GPS completely destroy the survival experience. But you implemented it in the right way!!!

Sure I forgot something but anyway good work guys, just few steps (shadows glitching for example) away to the destination.

• Haha 1

As much as I appreciate what the devs are doing, I feel this is the worst update, yes cars drive better, but that is it. Don't get me started on desync as that is killing me when driving also zombies are doing far too much damage to the items that are in your inventory, food burn is way too high and I have got food poisoning and just can't get rid of it after 2 charcoal tabs, full health, and food.  I hope we get some quick fixes soon as from my perspective the game is unplayable and will be leaving soon until the next update unless we get some patches out also what is the point of experimental if they send out an update like this?