Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

12 hours ago, Parazight said:

Perhaps you should invest 2 minutes of your day figuring out simple forum software. 

Or maybe use those two minutes to come up with some new material. Seriously, this is the same troll you’ve been using for a while now.  You claim to have outrageous knowledge of something then go on to explain how whatever is working perfectly. Like you’re defending BI for no reason.  Obviously facetious.  All the same trolls. Yawn mode. 

Typical radical Leftist tactic to call names when you have no rational counter-argument to the evidence put right on your plate.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Typical radical Leftist tactic to call names when you have no rational counter-argument to the evidence put right on your plate.

hey man do you play day z on pc? i assume so as you are commenting on a pc thread. just wondered if you wanna team up for a mission on namalsk?

Ad hominem attacks huh. Sounds like somebody has shit debating skills to me. "Typical radical leftist"???  lmao are you a fucking child? 

AMD 6xxx cards need performance fixes towns still dropping fps hard 144 fps feels like its below 60 fps when running around. How has AMDS DX11.1 update done jack crap for this game? on a 6800xt btw

the fact if I record gameplay game runs smoothly no issues  turn it off its back to the issue

Edited by mobbie

I can't believe how poor the current game is at the moment.  All those who said what a brilliant update are talking the BS.  This has to be the worst patch by far, it is next to impossible to play on unmodded servers.  There are so many problems where do you start?  I have lag/desync 65% of the time even though the server I play on has a green ping rating, Vehicles seem to be getting worse over time with bouncing which was supposed to be fixed with the new driving model, gears display incorrectly, every so often you can't interact with things in the game, food poisoning is a death sentence, item placement is shit, food burn is way too high,  Loads of stuff spawning in damaged that you can't repair and I'm sure there is a lot more out there.  And what are the devs doing, it seems to feel like sitting on their hands doing nothing or spending the next few months giving us some new shines and not fixing the game.  They need to be sending out fixes to the game every 1 - 2 weeks, not 3 - 4 months and fix a few things and break a tone load more, a soft skill was brought in and that has been broken for years as it keeps on resetting itself its like WTF.  Well rant over as nothing will change and this game will go to the wall.

26 minutes ago, Fing said:

I can't believe how poor the current game is at the moment.  All those who said what a brilliant update are talking the BS.  This has to be the worst patch by far, it is next to impossible to play on unmodded servers.  There are so many problems where do you start?  I have lag/desync 65% of the time even though the server I play on has a green ping rating, Vehicles seem to be getting worse over time with bouncing which was supposed to be fixed with the new driving model, gears display incorrectly, every so often you can't interact with things in the game, food poisoning is a death sentence, item placement is shit, food burn is way too high,  Loads of stuff spawning in damaged that you can't repair and I'm sure there is a lot more out there.  And what are the devs doing, it seems to feel like sitting on their hands doing nothing or spending the next few months giving us some new shines and not fixing the game.  They need to be sending out fixes to the game every 1 - 2 weeks, not 3 - 4 months and fix a few things and break a tone load more, a soft skill was brought in and that has been broken for years as it keeps on resetting itself its like WTF.  Well rant over as nothing will change and this game will go to the wall. 

Wel, I have big criticisms of the game and how it has been developed through the years... ie poorly. Yes, the vehicles are still basically flying turd machines, maybe slightly less so, but they have one more patch as far as I am concerned to really make a dent in how they behave before I call it a complete shit show.  Also, security is still poor and stupid exploits are still available and working.  Vanilla is not great, but if you mod the hell out of it.  You can almost make a complete game out of it.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

29 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

(...) but if you mod the hell out of it.  You can almost make a complete game out of it.

Which sucks!... Because not many of those around. Such servers are usually full and frequently ddosed by moronic competition. Which is why vanilla should be a lot, a lot, A LOT better - just to mitigate the difference. Eh, whatever...

1 hour ago, Fing said:

desync isnt a new feature of 1.19. i would say 90% of the bugs are a result of desync issues. and its obviously not an easy fix.

the game is complex, runs on a hybrid of an unfinished engine, provided by bohemia. why blame the few devs for this? i could understand this argument from new players, but usually its the same complaints from the same players over YEARS.

food poisoning is a you problem. i cant remember the last time i died cos of any sickness. items spawning in random condition is a great feature, and most stuff can be repaired.

and why is it impossible to play on unmodded servers now? are there any mods that fix the game?

yea updates every "1-2 weeks". people will complain then that they have to update their mods and servers all the time.

Edited by etwas

22 minutes ago, nemorus said:

Which sucks!... Because not many of those around. Such servers are usually full and frequently ddosed by moronic competition. Which is why vanilla should be a lot, a lot, A LOT better - just to mitigate the difference. Eh, whatever...

Oh I know, but there are a lot of modded servers out there with decent admins.  The problem for a player is finding one that fits their style.  That's the problem with open ended games like this, On the plus side, is you get a ton of variety, on the minus side, is there is a ton of "variety" you have to wade through.  Not plugging my server here, but on ours, we are not too worried about loot, we have made it more survival front loaded and use the trader to control certain items for us with no safezone, so we are looking for that balance that lets you do some of the cool DayZ things, but you have to keep searching, you cannot stay in your base forever, food is an issue, we don't let people garden food and packaged food is rare.  So hunting is necessary, anyway, my point is, we feel finding balance is important.  And it's not easy.  I don't care if I have a full server or not.  I care that the players play fair, and the gameplay is fair to the player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Oh I know, but there are a lot of modded servers out there with decent admins. 

This is the most important thing.  Having decent admins.  And BI should know this, you'd think!  They say they make a game for modders but then compromise the code by focusing it around security when they don't have to.  Cars placed server side is a move to prevent cheating, right?  Look at the mess that has become of that.   We don't need security related decisions/code because admins got that covered.    Having a human being at the helm is the ONLY possible way to run a profitable server and BI has still not acknowledged this.  It's likely that they even deny or are oblivious to this fact.  Must be.  Imagine the profits that could have been made.  The alternative clearly didn't work.  Look at official servers.

Giving DayZ to players on console, who don't have mod access, is downright cruel and unusual punishment.

Well, that is me until 1.20 comes out which fingers X is soon.  I keep on losing cars as the connection to the servers is poor and I keep on dropping from it and the car crashes into as it is server side and it does not account for you dropping from the server so it runes into the nearest wall, tree, rock, fence, and bang car dead.  That is a bit shit really. I would not mind, but car bits are hard to find sometimes and the radiators get ruined at the slightest bump.  I play on a server with a ping rate in the green.