Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

On 10/18/2022 at 2:56 AM, Kyiara said:

Vehicles spawn with wheels , wheels cannot be removed nor damaged (this is an intended, temporary change)

• this change is also recommended for community servers to ensure vehicle stability

Aren't you worried that cars have stopped driving normally at all? They are constantly thrown to the sides and it is impossible to drive, please fix the cars normally!!! And so thanks for the updates. I'm really looking forward to fixing cars!!!

Whitelisting and priority still an issue, not at all fixed.
I have a server with 3600 whitelisted players, and a good part of my regulars get the "not whitelisted " message when trying to join.
Getting whitelist/banlist sorted should have highest priority for community server owners. No one wants to have their server run if people who are banned can just walk right in again.

• Beans 1

What a fiasco this is... they supposedly fix one thing and three other things break. Now there are two columns of vehicle gauges down the left side of the screen, and there is absolutely no mention of the inventory screen not remembering it's positions, last accessed view. 

Worst of all, the "Oh, well, that's Dayz..." mindset, attitude, is simply sad. These mistakes should not be tolerable. The updates are being pushed too quickly; are barely half done at best. That helps neither the developers or players, and does great harm to the integrity of the game. 

Edited by intrTek_Alan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, intrTek_Alan said:

What a fiasco this is... they supposedly fix one thing and three other things break. Now there are two columns of vehicle gauges down the left side of the screen, and there is absolutely no mention of the inventory screen not remembering it's positions, last accessed view. 

Worst of all, the "Oh, well, that's Dayz..." mindset, attitude, is simply sad. These mistakes should not be tolerable. The updates are being pushed too quickly; are barely half done at best. That helps neither the developers or players, and does great harm to the integrity of the game. 

Welcome to DayZ development... enjoy the ride.  Our vehicles fly and our bullets magically get stopped by tree branches.  Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Vasya Pupkins said:

Aren't you worried that cars have stopped driving normally at all? They are constantly thrown to the sides and it is impossible to drive, please fix the cars normally!!! And so thanks for the updates. I'm really looking forward to fixing cars!!!

When have cars ever been normal?  It's like, the developers have decided that they can put out huge maps and just throw in cars that will either get destroyed if they encounter a flea in the air, or fly like they have been summoned by Harry Potter,  or just outright kill the player for no reason at all.  I've been at this so long that I honestly think they sit around a campfire at night and smoke weed and laugh their asses off at all the videos of players dying by vehicles.

Give them hope, then slap them down!  Hey Spanel, pass that blunt!   <takes a toke>   Yeah, that's good shit right there.  Stupid players thinking a car is useful.... LOL!!!!! HAHAHA <cough><cough>!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Welcome to DayZ development... enjoy the ride.  Our vehicles fly and our bullets magically get stopped by tree branches.  Have fun!

"Don't you just love it... hee hee... This is so funny..." (rolling eyes) 

I'm well aware of the level of professionalism in Dayz. I've been playing since almost its beginning. 

You know it's bad when Summit, who just got back into streaming DayZ says, "It's like development went back 3 years with this patch."  BOOM!  Truth!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

You know it's bad when Summit, who just got back into streaming DayZ says, "It's like development went back 3 years with this patch."  BOOM!  Truth!

his opinion about a game he streams once a year has no value to me. he doesnt know much about it. his main complaint few years ago was that there are too many trees that disturb his pewpewpew skills.

rather have feedback from streamers that actually play dayz for a living - theres dozens. dont need people like summit to have some feedback on dayz.

personally im very happy with this patch, its a huge one for me.

but then my head doesnt spin around vehicles entirely. theres just much more to the game than that, so i can simply ignore them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Um.. there are some interesting bug with bush/small trees around new livonia bunker/old tower location after you get them chopped..

Edited by endreu
grammar

16 hours ago, Vasya Pupkins said:

I haven't had a problem with cars since the update. Been driving around in a truck for a couple of days now and I've been hitting 60-65 with no trouble. 

11 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

LMFAO imagine taking a streamers opinion to heart. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I haven't had a problem with cars since the update. Been driving around in a truck for a couple of days now and I've been hitting 60-65 with no trouble. 

Playing on a server by yourself is not a very good test of the new vehicles... just sayin'

>Vehicles spawn with wheels, wheels cannot be removed nor damaged (this is an intended, temporary change)

ugh, so i have to leave my trucks out as i currently don't have a base big enough to store them, and without the ability to remove tires they're pretty much easy pickings for anyone who can find a battery

please fix this, if i loose my trucks im not going to be happy

Question, is everyone having issues putting stuff like barrels and crates in watchtowers?  also no double walls?

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Playing on a server by yourself is not a very good test of the new vehicles... just sayin'

I played on a full server and drove around a good portion of the map in a ADA no problem... until getting aced by a hacker. I don't think anyone is denying cars are still having issues. Those of us that played on exp and tested them reported on what we found. But overall the experience was far better then previous versions. I think it's fair to say that 1.19 might have been pushed too quickly to Stable, but at the same time there is only so much data you can gain from the limited player base that plays exp and the even smaller amount of players that then report what they find.

23 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

When have cars ever been normal?  It's like, the developers have decided that they can put out huge maps and just throw in cars that will either get destroyed if they encounter a flea in the air, or fly like they have been summoned by Harry Potter,  or just outright kill the player for no reason at all.  I've been at this so long that I honestly think they sit around a campfire at night and smoke weed and laugh their asses off at all the videos of players dying by vehicles.

Give them hope, then slap them down!  Hey Spanel, pass that blunt!   <takes a toke>   Yeah, that's good shit right there.  Stupid players thinking a car is useful.... LOL!!!!! HAHAHA <cough><cough>!

I want cars working as much as anyone else. I think cars are extremely valuable resources to the game. I do find it hard to give the devs too much crap when they are actively trying to work on fixing them. Yes it's taken a long time to get here. Yes cars have been a death trap. Yes they are still frustrating. But if the people working on the game are trying to fix the issue then how fair is it to just rail on them? Is that going to increase their ability or desire to work? We are all still playing this game, many of us for more then a 1000 hours. We keep coming back because we enjoy the game even if it isn't exactly what we want, or in the state we want it to be. Sometimes it's hard to take our own bias out of the equation, and sometimes we need a break to reflect back, reset, or try something new. No one is forcing you to play this.

1 hour ago, penguin511 said:

Yes it's taken a long time to get here. 

4 YEARS GUY!  That's how long cars have been broken.  That's right, they have been broken long before the words Covid-19 became part of our lexicon.  You think cutting them any slack is going to make a difference?   My goal has been to educate every potential player looking to buy the game.  They should know cars work maybe 25% of the time, they should know serverr exploits due to the lack of database security wrecks community and official servers.  They should know hackers thrive on ESP in the game.   I will not stop asking questions.  I will not stop holding BI's feet to the fire when they continuously do the same crap over adn over again.  Launch a piss poor excuse of a patch and expect everything to be smoothed over with a shiny new weapon they added.  They do this ALL THE TIME. 

Look, I run DayZ servers, I have over 20,000 hours in the game between two steam accounts.  I am a DayZ junkie.  I love the game in SPITE of BI's lackluster development.  I'm putting together a killer server on the Chiemsee map.  We've come up with a  great way to keep bases under control and our mod developer is finalizing this cool mod we are going 5to use on our server then give it to the community for FREE.  No one is forcing me to play this... I don't need a reset, I am clear eyed what is happening, I've been involved here since the mod days so if you choose to look at DayZ with rose-colored glasses, that's YOUR PROBLEM.  Don't try to play off real concerns shared by many as "the devs are doing their best cut them some slack."  Dude... that ship definitely sailed with the one month Beta, then Release debacle.  You need to do some research and KNOW the history of the development of the game, it played out RIGHT here and on Reddit.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

4 YEARS GUY!  That's how long cars have been broken.  That's right, they have been broken long before the words Covid-19 became part of our lexicon.  You think cutting them any slack is going to make a difference?   My goal has been to educate every potential player looking to buy the game.  They should know cars work maybe 25% of the time, they should know serverr exploits due to the lack of database security wrecks community and official servers.  They should know hackers thrive on ESP in the game.   I will not stop asking questions.  I will not stop holding BI's feet to the fire when they continuously do the same crap over adn over again.  Launch a piss poor excuse of a patch and expect everything to be smoothed over with a shiny new weapon they added.  They do this ALL THE TIME. 

Look, I run DayZ servers, I have over 20,000 hours in the game between two steam accounts.  I am a DayZ junkie.  I love the game in SPITE of BI's lackluster development.  I'm putting together a killer server on the Chiemsee map.  We've come up with a  great way to keep bases under control and our mod developer is finalizing this cool mod we are going 5to use on our server then give it to the community for FREE.  No one is forcing me to play this... I don't need a reset, I am clear eyed what is happening, I've been involved here since the mod days so if you choose to look at DayZ with rose-colored glasses, that's YOUR PROBLEM.  Don't try to play off real concerns shared by many as "the devs are doing their best cut them some slack."  Dude... that ship definitely sailed with the one month Beta, then Release debacle.  You need to do some research and KNOW the history of the development of the game, it played out RIGHT here and on Reddit.

20,000 hours is over 2.2 years. When i talk about Bias, that's what I'm talking about. It's the baggage, feelings, and connections from spending a significant portion of your life following a game. I don't have those hours, but i have followed the game since it was a mod. The same bias exists for me, that said I can go look on the reviews page and find people with 100 hours and who just reviewed the game. For them the baggage, time, and experiences we have don't exist. They will never know what the game used to be, only what it is. If i asked them about feedback for the 1.19 patch, what would they say?

I understand the frustration and feelings as i experienced them as well, but at some point i decided holding onto years worth of frustration over a video game wasn't worth the effort. I stopped playing every patch, i let it sit and let some of those connections fade away. I might read about a patch or watch some footage but overall the game was shelved. This year i started playing again, and felt much more relaxed, gone were expectations from years past and long winded complaints. I started seeing the game as a progression again and played it for what it was not what i wished it to be. Each patch with new features or game play elements, has left me optimistic about what comes next. Sometimes you have to separate yourself from the product to look at it differently. We can also hold people accountable without subjecting them to our raw emotions. This patch has been rough going to stable. Issues with cars are still present. Long standing issues still tucked into parts of the game. Hackers still plague official servers. But we as long standing players have the choice try to; build support towards progress, tear it down, Or let it sit and go chill. It's all about how you look at it. 

I meant you no disrespect, and i respect your passion and goals to better this game. I would also be happy to try your sever and see what new solutions you came up with for a long standing design issue.

Peace.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, penguin511 said:

I meant you no disrespect, and i respect your passion and goals to better this game. I would also be happy to try your sever and see what new solutions you came up with for a long standing design issue.

Personally, it is my wish that BI goes back to the way they had cars in the past.  They worked great!  Maybe letting battleeye deal with cheaters is a better solution than moving cars server side to prevent cheaters.  Maybe cars should be client side again.  I dunno, this isn't really my field but the driving doesn't work like it used to.  

I wish that the team would recognize this in the future but they only say "we get it".  Obviously we're not entitled to answers, but it doesn't look like their solution worked, so now what?   The feedback is that cars don't work.  

"Can anybody over there hear this message?  There seems to be no response!  It used to work, but now it doesn't!  We can't go back? is this some sort of bizarro world??  Hello??"

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, penguin511 said:

20,000 hours is over 2.2 years. When i talk about Bias, that's what I'm talking about. It's the baggage, feelings, and connections from spending a significant portion of your life following a game. I don't have those hours, but i have followed the game since it was a mod. The same bias exists for me, that said I can go look on the reviews page and find people with 100 hours and who just reviewed the game. For them the baggage, time, and experiences we have don't exist. They will never know what the game used to be, only what it is. If i asked them about feedback for the 1.19 patch, what would they say?

I understand the frustration and feelings as i experienced them as well, but at some point i decided holding onto years worth of frustration over a video game wasn't worth the effort. I stopped playing every patch, i let it sit and let some of those connections fade away. I might read about a patch or watch some footage but overall the game was shelved. This year i started playing again, and felt much more relaxed, gone were expectations from years past and long winded complaints. I started seeing the game as a progression again and played it for what it was not what i wished it to be. Each patch with new features or game play elements, has left me optimistic about what comes next. Sometimes you have to separate yourself from the product to look at it differently. We can also hold people accountable without subjecting them to our raw emotions. This patch has been rough going to stable. Issues with cars are still present. Long standing issues still tucked into parts of the game. Hackers still plague official servers. But we as long standing players have the choice try to; build support towards progress, tear it down, Or let it sit and go chill. It's all about how you look at it. 

Peace.

We are an older group of men and women that play together, I'm 50 years old, and I'm a part of a community of people that love these types of games.  DayZ is our primary play.  We are all sick of seeing the game stumble by stupid decisions, whether they be executive or from development.  Many people consider DayZ the "Could have been great Zombie game."  And sadly, with the ongoing way development half bakes patches, they are correct, or the fact that they or BattleEye  can never get a true hold on cheaters. 

People need to know what the devs are doing and NOT doing and not through the filter of rosy press releases and blogs generated by BI.  They can sugar coat bullcrap all they want, but the bottom line is, the people who have been playing and faithful know when they smell shit, and it should be called out.  No disrespect, but taking a break doesn't really accomplish anything regarding the game, and I don't yell at the devs as much as I keep telling others about what the problems are and where we have come from.  Some get their little "feelings" hurt.  I really don't care, they need thicker skin and just admit that "Could have been great" is simply not good enough and actually talk to the community more openly, but more importantly concentrate on actually fixing the issues and testing them well before releasing them.  What we currently have is the same old crap in newer clothing.  I call that out as well.

It's nice to get updates every couple of months, if the updates actually stayed true to the vision of the game and fixed issues, but time and time again, they either ignore serious issues, refuse to fix serious issues, or simply don't know how, and they just put in some new hats or guns to make everyone feel like they did something over the last 90 days.  I'm seriously over that.  Content is fine, but actual manifested fixes would be better and maybe, just maybe, this game CAN BE a great game.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

our mod developer is finalizing this cool mod we are going 5to use on our server then give it to the community for FREE.

Trying to decide on a new map and Mod list for my server, my man.... Can you provide a Discord link? Thanks. @philbur

Okay I am sick of tired of hearing all the whining about cars so I had to give my official statement. Cars just got fixed in 1.19 and they work great besides some lingering issues! Just because some whiny old man like Gordon don't know how to host a stable server does not mean the cars don't work! I can help him setup config because he clearly is messing something up under the hood getting too confident in his ability! They run perfect smooth for me on full pop official server. B.I. gave us a whole new engine to fix cars and I cannot thank them enough. Thank you amazing developers for your hard relentless work to make DayZ cars great. It is time to stop complaining and for once appreciate the new car functionality. The developers give us what we want and the greedy people here always want more more more. Enough is enough. Be mature enough to understand that video games do not always work perfect. But now we have smooth cars with amazing physics and stability. What more can you ask for??? If anything, Gordon owes the DayZ developers a serious apology for his extreme rudeness and lack of patience.

Edited by DayZWarrior1932
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

fix a bug with weapons. for example "you are running across the map and suddenly you see an enemy and you want to sit down and at the same time enter the scope for the kill, but with the release of patch 1.19 the character cannot quickly sit down and enter the scope, because the weapon is retracted to the side. Also, if you lie down quickly and enter the scope, it will not aim.With the release of patch 1.19, this happens very often, because of which it is impossible to kill the enemy.In patch 1.18, this was very rare, is it possible to fix this?

22 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Okay I am sick of tired of hearing all the whining about cars so I had to give my official statement. Cars just got fixed in 1.19 and they work great besides some lingering issues! Just because some whiny old man like Gordon don't know how to host a stable server does not mean the cars don't work! I can help him setup config because he clearly is messing something up under the hood getting too confident in his ability! They run perfect smooth for me on full pop official server. B.I. gave us a whole new engine to fix cars and I cannot thank them enough. Thank you amazing developers for your hard relentless work to make DayZ cars great. It is time to stop complaining and for once appreciate the new car functionality. The developers give us what we want and the greedy people here always want more more more. Enough is enough. Be mature enough to understand that video games do not always work perfect. But now we have smooth cars with amazing physics and stability. What more can you ask for??? If anything, Gordon owes the DayZ developers a serious apology for his extreme rudeness and lack of patience.

You are a "fake" account in the pay of the B.I. or are you really convinced of what you are writing?
If the first is true: ha ha ha... 😕
If the second is true: I recommend a visit to a "good" psychiatrist or "detox" from video games, they have a bad effect on you...

😕