Kyiara

Stable Update 1.19

11 minutes ago, McWendy said:

To be fair, Santa's little helpers need something to do. That one guy from the art department doesnt want idle hands, nor does the modeller. You dont want THEM working on coding do you? 

Maybe thats What's wrong in the first place, even art guy is modelling...... oh dear.... :😀 

7 years Alpha, one month beta, 2 years release, the days of being fair were over years ago.

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

7 years Alpha, one month beta, 2 years release, the days of being fair were over years ago.

I know, been here long enough seen it all..... ofc you are right development and comms from the devs have been abysmal but still. The art guy and modeller still need smth to do. 

Imagine everything working smoothly. You then would want more diversification. Maybe not you but others do. So let the hats not bother you too much. 

Do continue your fight against the vehicle physics and desync tho. I agree. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

The art guy and modeller still need smth to do. 

Nah, I'm SURE that 3D artists can code a better netcode than programmers themselves /s.

Drove cars once since the 1.19 release update. I didn't drive them for long enough to experience all the issues myself but I did get the gear desync.
Ignoring all the issues, cars feel nice to drive when they work.

But we really can't ignore the issues so yeah... not good. Arguably better but not good.

To be honest, I don't get why more people don't complain about ADS bug. Having a properly working aiming system is more crucial than cars.
Or better yet, why don't people complain about mediocre zombie AI in a zombie survival type game? They are easily defeated by climbing any minor obstacle.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

To be honest, I don't get why more people don't complain about ADS bug. Having a properly working aiming system is more crucial than cars.

Or better yet, why don't people complain about mediocre zombie AI in a zombie survival type game? They are easily defeated by climbing any minor obstacle.

There are multiple ADS bugs, the worst of which is the ADS delay.  That pisses me off to no end, when I raise my weapon and sometimes a 3 second delay before ADS, you're right, there is no excuse for that. I should never give them any slack for it, but I disagree in that vehicles in this game are indeed more important because the maps are vast, and moving equipment and such is important to securing bases.  Walking a barrel or generator 10 KM is not fun, I don't care who you are.

AFA Zombie AI, I gave up on that long ago.  Same as animal behavior and what is sad about that is that BI bought a studio that specialized in Animal Behavior, they were known for their hunting games.   Hmmph, that must have been money wasted because nothing awesome ever appeared in game.  I mean they only have a couple of modes, eat, rest, drink, run away.  Animals are waaaay to easy to kill.  Deer should be just a bit more skiddish.  On our server, we have lowered the amount of meat you get from animals to a little more than half.  So, with a pig, you get 3 or 4 steaks, with a deer, it's about 5, cow is about 6 as well, depends on if you clean shoot and have a good knife. 

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1

After more review, I find that the vehicle simulation may have actually gotten worse in one regard.  Perhaps I just didn't notice this before, I doubt it, but going in reverse is a real nightmare.

When going slow in reverse it's like you're not even hanging onto the steering wheel.  At slow speeds, the vehicle turns its wheels to match the contour of the ground.... as long as you are not actively turning.  If you're not turning the wheels left or right then they go wherever the ground dictates.  This is not realistic or authentic in any way.

Try it and report back here, please.  Go in reverse anywhere the road isn't perfectly flat.  Very difficult.  In the past, I could drive a reasonable distance in reverse, just like in real life.   Now, it's very difficult to travel backwards in a straight line.  Going in reverse definitely changed somehow and not for the better.  Anyone else experience this?

On 12/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, Girth Brooks said:

Yeah, nah, yeah the sim is working great. ANY server admin could fix it. Odd there is not one server that has..... I wonder why..  Please explain. Show us a server with working cars please. You aren't worth the argument unless you show SOMETHING. And you haven't showed jack shit except how well you flap your lips. Burden of truth is on you @TheSzepy

for the vehicles flying when touching the ground with underside - just set the travelMaxDown in vehicles suspension config a bit higher - like +25%, so there is a bigger gap between max compressed underside of vehicle and ground/any obstacle, this will fix atleast 95% of occurances of this(unless driving really fast - 150kmh+ on a very sharp edge on ground) until BI comes with something more permanent, i already said it here multiple times, if you dont understand it, i dont think there is any other way i could prove this to you unless you try it yourself ,as for sim working great, yes it is, you still dont understand the difference between vehicle simulation, netcode, and vehicle experience as whole,only thing i’m saying is that vehicle sim working great, which it is, also when compared to the old one

On 12/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Parazight said:

Oh okay. Semantics. The sim is great but the net code sucks. This is what you’re saying. And you agree that the overall experience is bad. 

The overall experience is what matters. It sucks. The vehsim is great sure, but pointless to talk about without the netcode issues. Weakest link and all.  Pointless to discuss anything without the presence of a FULL server. 

yes, thank you, i agree that the vehicle "experience" as a whole can be considered bad, but it is not because of the vehicle simulation, but because of the netcode which is just so sensitive to literally any jitter/%packetloss, and unfortunately even when 1 person have this connectivity issues, whole playerbase on server is affected too

Edited by TheSzepy
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:20 AM, Parazight said:

After more review, I find that the vehicle simulation may have actually gotten worse in one regard.  Perhaps I just didn't notice this before, I doubt it, but going in reverse is a real nightmare.

When going slow in reverse it's like you're not even hanging onto the steering wheel.  At slow speeds, the vehicle turns its wheels to match the contour of the ground.... as long as you are not actively turning.  If you're not turning the wheels left or right then they go wherever the ground dictates.  This is not realistic or authentic in any way.

Try it and report back here, please.  Go in reverse anywhere the road isn't perfectly flat.  Very difficult.  In the past, I could drive a reasonable distance in reverse, just like in real life.   Now, it's very difficult to travel backwards in a straight line.  Going in reverse definitely changed somehow and not for the better.  Anyone else experience this?

tire grip is too low, this is also visible by vehicles being a bit too much understeery

• Like 1

@TheSzepy ok bro. Comprehension must not be a strong point. SHOW real, solid proof, NOT WORDS, that it is working as intended. Don't come at us with that jack-ass technobabble. You just look like a poser.

7 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

yes, thank you, i agree that the vehicle "experience" as a whole can be considered bad, but it is not because of the vehicle simulation, but because of the netcode which is just so sensitive to literally any jitter/%packetloss, and unfortunately even when 1 person have this connectivity issues, whole playerbase on server is affected too

A lot of times people will use 'vehicle simulation' but inherently include 'net code' with that definition.  And that should be okay.  Consumers aren't required to know this, only to pay money to get a product.  There was talk of a new 'simulation' but there was no noticeable change.

I really hope in the future that they do something else (move cars back to client side?) in order to avoid the current mess that cars still are.  All I need is some sort of statement saying "yea, we designed it bad for stupid reasons.  We learned our lesson and have changed our designs."  That would be great.  But I don't think they've realized this yet.  Hence, this current update.  'Vehicle Simulation' not quite there.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 8:06 AM, TheSzepy said:

for the vehicles flying when touching the ground with underside - just set the travelMaxDown in vehicles suspension config a bit higher - like +25%, so there is a bigger gap between max compressed underside of vehicle and ground/any obstacle, this will fix atleast 95% of occurances of this(unless driving really fast - 150kmh+ on a very sharp edge on ground) until BI comes with something more permanent, i already said it here multiple times, if you dont understand it, i dont think there is any other way i could prove this to you unless you try it yourself ,as for sim working great, yes it is, you still dont understand the difference between vehicle simulation, netcode, and vehicle experience as whole,only thing i’m saying is that vehicle sim working great, which it is, also when compared to the old one

for someone that portends to be informed, everything you have said is total conjecture regarding the new vehicle system.  BI has not exposed any of the new functions for this latest implementation to modders. NADA.  So you can't really tune any vehicles to 1.19 at this point, not possible.  All you can do is "try".  We are dealing with a released game, but BI treats it as if it's still in Alpha.  We are still alpha testing.  THIS is the meat and potatoes of what is wrong with the game overall.  But hey, they ran out of ideas for new hats, now all the RPers get their Santa Wishlist fulfilled!  YAY!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

for someone that portends to be informed, everything you have said is total conjecture regarding the new vehicle system.  BI has not exposed any of the new functions for this latest implementation to modders. NADA.  So you can't really tune any vehicles to 1.19 at this point, not possible.

why would u want to tune vehicles to the old system? that wont change the network problems.

personally im having no real issues with the new simulation, actually i prefer it very much to the old one. sometimes gears get desynced, but some re-shifting fixes that for me.

• Sad 1

And the network problems have nothing to do with the blatantly obvious programming issues.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, Kathosky said:

Your settings screen and txt have a few differences to mine, which I leave here too so you can compare. I just checked if my "VOIP double tap to leave it open" works and it indeed works in the game. I suggest changing to the txt I show here and see if  it works.

unknown-2.png
unknown.jpg

Hi Kathosky,

I changed my config to your example above. Thing is when I double click the sound icon appears and then slowly disappears...

1.jpg

So I don't know if the mic is active or not?

I haven't tested it with a player, but the zombies don't hear me when the mic symbol isn't present on screen.

Seriously though, is there any chance that this can be reverted back to the old method? Because A. it worked perfectly and B. I don't think many people, if anyone, was asking for this change.

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Why is my post above "hidden"?

you have been cancelled for telling the truth. That's just how it goes these days. 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Why is my post above "hidden"?

The image links triggered the spam prevention filter, requiring manual approval to make the post visible.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, Tonyeh said:

Quick question...

Did the double tap for push to talk get changed? I used to be able to double tap caps lock and hot mic, in other words the comms were left open. Now I can't do that. Is there are way to do this now, or is this another thing in DayZ that got changed that nobody was asking for?

Your config should look like this:

<input name="UAVoiceOverNet">
        <btn name="kCapital">
            <event name="hold" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UAVoiceOverNetToggle">
        <btn name="kCapital">
            <event name="doubleclick" />
        </btn>
    </input>

and it will work.

• Beans 1

Did they increase stamina?

Somewhere after 31 OCT, so third hotfix or Christmas event?

No one noticed?

Can't find nothing on changenotes!

Edited by Roddis

18 hours ago, Roddis said:

Did they increase stamina?

Somewhere after 31 OCT, so third hotfix or Christmas event?

No one noticed?

Can't find nothing on changenotes!

Or while you setted up your mission update you touched file with that info.

If you made a backup before you'd upgraded your server's mission you should download WinMerge and compare two files obe from backup another from your live mission the file name is: "cfgGameplay.json", it's located at the root of your mission folder.

That might be solve your stamina "problem" or at least will help you to find better values for your server.

If you check that file you'll find: "PlayerData" -> "StaminaData" -> variables, and you shall adjust 'em as you wish to see the stamina stuff.

But I'm not sure that new stamina data would be applied for all existing character same as it wouldn't be recalculated for 'em.

But anyway - have fun! 🙂

Can the devs of the game please fix the issue regarding the players character getting stuck & not being able to shoot, ads nor move, when you crouch & ads at the same time.

It is highly annoying and gets you killed during pvp & has only occurred since the introduction of inertia… Whilst on the topic of inertia. Please allow community server owners to completely revert the inertia to 1.18. Not everyone wants this. 

On 12/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, Sid Debian said:

Or while you setted up your mission update you touched file with that info.

If you made a backup before you'd upgraded your server's mission you should download WinMerge and compare two files obe from backup another from your live mission the file name is: "cfgGameplay.json", it's located at the root of your mission folder.

That might be solve your stamina "problem" or at least will help you to find better values for your server.

If you check that file you'll find: "PlayerData" -> "StaminaData" -> variables, and you shall adjust 'em as you wish to see the stamina stuff.

But I'm not sure that new stamina data would be applied for all existing character same as it wouldn't be recalculated for 'em.

But anyway - have fun! 🙂

I'm speaking Vanilla Official servers (1pp in particular, as I play only 1pp).

I use not to play privates, exactly because they boost whatever, and especially stamina.

So...any Dev can report on this?

Edited by Roddis

Almost burned 700 hours in "Valheim" now... Gotta say its a nice alternative for "Daze" here. Especially PVE servers. "Daze" was really gettin on my nerves even after years of playing. Lack of new features, constant bugs, cheaters and people who were getting worse toxic-wise. I've read about these new updates - which were supposed to be 'big' - and it seems that their value is rather low. Also, i've received a private message while i was gone, from mr. Arkadice313. He basically said that the problem with login process is still a thing. Like, are you kidding BI? 😅  Since that wasn't fixed and this 1.19 version is one big bs there really is no reason to return to this game. Even Bugthesda semi-fixed their "Fallout 76", Bi - even them, and these guys are conartists with a lot more experience than you.

Come on devs let's start to get more hotfixes going, the game is broken to hell at the moment and could do with some loving NOW not on the next update.  

On 12/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

for someone that portends to be informed, everything you have said is total conjecture regarding the new vehicle system.  BI has not exposed any of the new functions for this latest implementation to modders. NADA.  So you can't really tune any vehicles to 1.19 at this point, not possible.  All you can do is "try".  We are dealing with a released game, but BI treats it as if it's still in Alpha.  We are still alpha testing.  THIS is the meat and potatoes of what is wrong with the game overall.  But hey, they ran out of ideas for new hats, now all the RPers get their Santa Wishlist fulfilled!  YAY!

except that this is simply not true, you dont need access to the "core of the vehicle physics" itself to change the vehicle parameters, you can overwrite any vehicle parameter by creating your own "config" as a mod.(which is all you need to change its behavior)

for more "deeper" vehicle "alteration/modyfing/whatever" there is a carscript.c, but unless you really need something very very specific (oncontact behavior, modifying vehicle hud, being able to modify cargo while in vehicle, damage to the vehicle engine from overreving or driving without coolant, damage to the crew inside the vehicle, "vital" parts for the vehicle, position of engine sound source etc..) you dont really need to get bogged down in the "script" part of the vehicle config/simulation

basically if you want to change how the vehicle handles/drives, all you need is to change its config

for example golf wheel config + simulation module part for golf itself("cleaned" parts of config so only the important stuff for vehicle behavior stays)

Spoiler

class Hatchback_02_Wheel: CarWheel

radius=0.30399999;
		width=0.16;
		tyreOffroadResistance=0.2;
		tyreGrip=0.88999999;
		tyreRollResistance=0.0099999998;

class SimulationModule: SimulationModule
			class Steering
			{
				maxSteeringAngle=35;
				increaseSpeed[]={0,50,60,30,100,15};
				decreaseSpeed[]={0,90,60,45,100,20};
				centeringSpeed[]={0,0,15,27,60,45,100,63};
			};
			class Throttle
			{
				reactionTime=0.85000002;
				defaultThrust=0.69999999;
				gentleThrust=0.40000001;
				turboCoef=2.2;
				gentleCoef=0.5;
			};
			class Brake
			{
				pressureBySpeed[]={0,0.5,10,0.40000001,20,0.30000001,40,0.28,60,0.30000001,80,0.38,100,0.41999999,120,0.47999999,150,0.60000002};
				reactionTime=0.2;
				driverless=0.1;
			};
			class Aerodynamics
			{
				frontalArea=2.1500001;
				dragCoefficient=0.51999998;
				downforceCoefficient=0.0099999998;
				downforceOffset[]={0,0.80000001,-0.69999999};
			};
			drive="DRIVE_FWD";
			class Engine
			{
				torqueCurve[]={850,0,1150,90,2000,130,4400,186,5800,165,7500,0};
				inertia=0.20999999;
				frictionTorque=150;
				rollingFriction=0.2;
				viscousFriction=0.5;
				rpmIdle=1250;
				rpmMin=1500;
				rpmClutch=2000;
				rpmRedline=6250;
			};
			class Clutch
			{
				maxTorqueTransfer=360;
				uncoupleTime=0.25;
				coupleTime=0.34999999;
			};
			class Gearbox
			{
				type="GEARBOX_MANUAL";
				reverse=3.1670001;
				ratios[]={3.4549999,2.118,1.444,1.1289999,0.912};
			};
			class Axles: Axles
			{
				class Front: Front
				{
					maxBrakeTorque=1800;
					wheelHubMass=5;
					wheelHubRadius=0.125;
					class Differential
					{
						ratio=3.6670001;
						type="DIFFERENTIAL_OPEN";
					};
					class Suspension
					{
						stiffness=27000;
						compression=2000;
						damping=7500;
						travelMaxUp=0.16;
						travelMaxDown=0.16;
					};

class Rear: Rear
				{
					maxBrakeTorque=800;
					maxHandbrakeTorque=2000;
					wheelHubMass=5;
					wheelHubRadius=0.125;
					class Suspension
					{
						stiffness=27500;
						compression=2100;
						damping=8000;
						travelMaxUp=0.16;
						travelMaxDown=0.16;
					};

just create a simple override config for example something like this(should be fully working, made this in a rush) https://pastebin.com/MfNa8gcB ,save it as config.cpp, pack it into PBO(dayz tools,pbo manager etc.),load it as a mod https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Modding_Basics#Packing_the_Mod and anything you change in the hatchback_02 section will be applied to all the golfs ingame, so for example the million times mentioned compression of the suspension if you change the travelmaxup/down in axles section etc..

Edited by TheSzepy

Forgive my lengthy absence. I've been working around the clock for weeks over at Turn 10 Studio to ensure that the vehicle simulation and net code regarding vehicle performance is running optimally for the upcoming Forza Motorsport release. I have a few minutes to correct some of the misconceptions that are circulating on this forum by a handful of misinformed know-it-all's. I am pleased to say that Forza is operating butter smooth with a server side net code implementation for maximum security. It really is possible to have the best of both worlds when you know what you're doing. With a PhD in Computer Science and over 20 years of specialization in programming racing games for some of the biggest most respected studios out there, it is safe to say I am the authority on this message board and that I know what I'm talking about.

DayZ devs were not wrong to make the decision they did, putting cars server side. Hackers will make cars a death trap with incredible ease with a client side solution. This was evident in the old DayZ and the developers chose wisely. Nobody in their right mind would want that experience while enjoying DayZ vehicles. There are a few hooligans on here that think the DayZ devs have done a poor job on the vehicle simulation and net code for DayZ, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Their work actually rivals that of some of the top multiplayer racing sims on the market today, and I know because I've gotten my hands dirty polishing a few of them. Most of the videos these casuals are posting are issues that arise from heavily modded servers on poor hardware with poor networking and irresponsibly modified server configurations. Throw in some reckless driving and it is a recipe for disaster. It really is a case of "isolated incident" whereby they cherry pick extreme examples of malfunctioning DayZ vehicles on YouTube to confirm their pre existing biases without much or any concern whatsoever for objectivity.

So I'll set the record straight. Both the net code and vehicle simulation programming for DayZ Standalone are some of the best that the gaming industry has to offer. It really is atypical to see a game that does not specifically specialize in racing with some much hands-on love put into optimizing vehicle performance when it is not the main priority. The 1.19 update has thankfully resolved some lingering issues that we commonly see even in dedicated racers. I won't say it is perfect, but pretty close! I will admit that I prefer my work on Forza, but hey, this is what I focus my energy on full time for a living. My words of advice for the whiners on here: get a decent connection, get some decent hardware, and run a full pop vanilla server with a default config and no mods that bloat the system. This is where you will see DayZ vehicles shine in all their glory, giving both the driver and passenger an impeccable gaming experience.

Alright, I hope this helped clear of some of the urban myths that have been repeated on here for quite some time. But I have to get back to work! Turn 10 intends to make the latest Forza Motorsport the greatest multiplayer racer on the market, and so I'm dedicating as much of my time as possible to ensure the net code and vehicle simulation operate together seamlessly. Shout out to the devs at B.I...you're doing a phenomenal job on DayZ, including the vehicle experience. I give it my official 2.0 seal of approval. I even enjoyed myself a drunken cruise around Chenarus on Christmas day. I must say, the drifting was phenomenal and the online performance was remarkably smooth!

Edited by DayZWarrior1932
  • Sad 1