lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.18

14 minutes ago, etwas said:

there was a hidden change in regards playing without HUD? now, when the HUD is disabled, u will still see the action prompts and the loot is named when looking at it. i dunno if this was intentional, but i really like that change!

Also this was reported while 1.18 was still on experimental: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165284

Loot spawns are easily fixable unless you're on an official server ofcourse but the super annoying inventory bug that causes null pointers and clientside and server side crashes, that is something I cannot wait to see get fixed in 1.18 update 2 

hi hi 🙂  are a lot of people having spawn cycle issues? We have not seen vanilla spawns in our server for a few days (most buildings, houses and places that spawn food have all been empty) and can not see anything wrong in our XML files. This started to happen with this update.

So... why can I jog while eating beans but I can't move while swinging a knife?

• Beans 1

20 hours ago, Derleth said:

There should be another option to have everything off as before. 

Definetly. My friends and me like to record DayZ stuff and this makes it impossible to record anything cinematic. The option to turn off everything would be great.

Whevener you want to record a close-up of someones face it just says F CHECK PULSE covering half of that persons face.

23 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Definetly. My friends and me like to record DayZ stuff and this makes it impossible to record anything cinematic. The option to turn off everything would be great.

Whevener you want to record a close-up of someones face it just says F CHECK PULSE covering half of that persons face.

as i thought - this wasnt intentionally 😞

"FIXED: Widgets were still displayed after disabling the HUD via keybinding"

i dunno why they just dont give us both options.....

On 6/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

Check Pulse... a completely unnecessary mechanic that needs to be removed entirely. This isn't ER simulator. Players know when they themselves are not top health and broadcast it to others via their pose and movement and grunts of pain. It certainly doesn't need to pop up each and every time you look at another player! It's almost as dumb as having the parts of a car names pop up while driving.

Edited by lemmac
  • Beans 1

Has anyone heard helicopters falling? No matter how much I ran, I never heard a sound, but at the same time I saw three heli

I wanted to ask, do you guys also still observe this thing where sometimes you find the same item 5-6 times in one place, but nowhere else?

Examples:

• no cleaning kit in the entire map but this one hunting camp has like 5 of them
  • on the airfield you find 5 ak74 mags within vincinity of each other
  • one small village might leave you with 5+ sewing kits if you picked them up

etc etc... how come this is still a thing? It just screams poorly tuned loot economy to me.

It just gets tedious when you want to find a specific item and look in all the right places it could spawn only to find, ALL OF THEM have been spawning in one small corner of the map.

There should be some determinism to the loot RNG, for example if we have 100 hunting cabins spread across the map, the hunting loot should be spread evenly among them, not 5 cleaning kits in a single camp.

Edited by Buakaw

43 minutes ago, Buakaw said:
  • no cleaning kit in the entire map but this one hunting camp has like 5 of them

Hm. This happens to me very rarely, perhaps even never. Maybe it's because I'm playing on a community server and it has it's own setting of central economy.

Edited by CAESIUM11

5 minutes ago, CAESIUM11 said:

Hm. This happens to me very rarely, perhaps even never. Maybe it's because I'm playing on a community server and it has it's own setting of central economy.

it happened to me 1 year ago when I was playing heavily modded chernarus, it is happening now on Esseker Vanilla.

45 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

There should be some determinism to the loot RNG, for example if we have 100 hunting cabins spread across the map, the hunting loot should be spread evenly among them, not 5 cleaning kits in a single camp.

I think this is because this is how the random function works in the game, and in general, in programming. It is difficult to predict where and what will spawn.

Yes, it is possible to implement mechanics that will find out how much of what type of loot is in a certain place. And if the amount of one type of loot is exceeded, it will be spawned elsewhere.

1 hour ago, CAESIUM11 said:

Yes, it is possible to implement mechanics that will find out how much of what type of loot is in a certain place. And if the amount of one type of loot is exceeded, it will be spawned elsewhere.

There are plenty ways to prevent this sort of stuff from happening. The first step would be to respawn stuff in smaller increments, not all at once.

Secondly, simply put a limit on how many times X item can spawn in X amount of time.

That should already dramatically improve the issue.

edit: just wondering whether I should make a bug report about this issue. siunce its technically not a bug, just poorly programmed / tuned

Edited by Buakaw

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

just wondering whether I should make a bug report about this issue. siunce its technically not a bug, just poorly programmed / tuned

I think you can try to create a bug report

PC Stable 1.18 Update 2 - Version 1.18.155001 (Released on 30.06.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash related to vehicles
  • The Derringer was missing a reload sound after only one bullet was shot
  • The Derringer did not display ejected shells
  • The character got stuck in walking speed after dying while in inventory
  • It was possible to arm an empty improvised explosive using an alarm clock or kitchen timer
  • Consuming an item assigned to a quick slot could result in the slot becoming unresponsive
  • Raising hands with an opened map in hands could result in desynchronisation (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165934)
  • Widgets were still displayed after disabling the HUD via keybinding
  • Plastic explosives were dealing inconsistent damage (this also includes additional damage rebalance to reflect this fix)
  • An improvised explosive with one plastic explosive was doing more damage than one with two explosives attached
  • Disarmed plastic explosives and improvised explosives could not be picked up
  • Timers from the improvised explosive could not be disarmed
  • Ruined landmines and bear traps were still triggered on contact
  • Cargo of vehicles and barrels was not displayed properly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165739)

CHANGED

• The M79 Launcher can no longer jam
  • Slightly increased resistance of the base building wooden walls against explosive damage (tied to plastic explosive fix)

SERVER

MODDING

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 6/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Buakaw said:

I wanted to ask, do you guys also still observe this thing where sometimes you find the same item 5-6 times in one place, but nowhere else?

Examples:

etc etc... how come this is still a thing? It just screams poorly tuned loot economy to me.

It just gets tedious when you want to find a specific item and look in all the right places it could spawn only to find, ALL OF THEM have been spawning in one small corner of the map.

I thought it was a "problem" now so old that it is well known: most of the objects in the "types.xml" file have the "restock" set to zero.
This implies that, as soon as the number of objects of a type falls below the minimum number, it is immediately filled up to the maximum without any pause. If it finds the number of contiguous free spaces it fills them all and only AFTER goes to the next object. This is what "I believe" the DayZ loot mechanism should have.
The reason why the vast majority of objects have zero "restock" is completely unknown to me, one should ask the programmers of the B.I., but I believe that this is the reason for the frequent "promotions" or "sales" of objects in DayZ.

P.S.

I hope the Google translation is understandable

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Beans 1

44 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

I thought it was a "problem" now so old that it is well known: most of the objects in the "types.xml" file have the "restock" set to zero.
This implies that, as soon as the number of objects of a type falls below the minimum number, it is immediately filled up to the maximum without any pause. If it finds the number of contiguous free spaces it fills them all and only AFTER goes to the next object. This is what "I believe" the DayZ loot mechanism should have.
The reason why the vast majority of objects have zero "restock" is completely unknown to me, one should ask the programmers of the B.I., but I believe that this is the reason for the frequent "promotions" or "sales" of objects in DayZ.

P.S.

I hope the Google translation is understandable

understandable and makes perfect sense. maybe its set to zero because constant restocking is ressource intensive? just a guess.

anyway it could definitely fix this issue.

Edited by Buakaw

I don't know, the game's spawn mechanism must be a bit complex and I have never found official documentation beyond the simple explanation of the various entries in the "types.xml" file. However, I believe that the game always spawns something somewhere and by setting a "restock" time to all objects, the mechanism is not "stressed" more, but the spawn is distributed better. My idea, without any evidence for my thesis.
I have imagined this mechanism recently, although I have my own server since 2020, and I have recently set a "restock" time for ALL of at least 3 minutes. I still have no evidence if something has changed or not, also because I no longer use the server to "play", but I am testing a combination of MOD's that I am satisfied with, then I would put it online. Now I don't have the time to spin around and loot for a long time to see if it's as I think it is or not. I'll see it over time.

7 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I have imagined this mechanism recently, although I have my own server since 2020, and I have recently set a "restock" time for ALL of at least 3 minutes. I still have no evidence if something has changed or not, also because I no longer use the server to "play", but I am testing a combination of MOD's that I am satisfied with, then I would put it online. Now I don't have the time to spin around and loot for a long time to see if it's as I think it is or not. I'll see it over time.

you could simply ask your community if you have a discord

Zombies are walking through doors now. Server locked doors seemingly are the problem. I was at MB Kamensk and in the upper garage and had two zombies walk through doors that turned out to be locked.

If anyone here had hopes they might fix some 3 year old bugs like the "ADS while reload" bug which slows you down to a near halt if you make the mistake of pressing your RMB while reloading, you would be wrong 😂

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T166545

So the bug is fine because it happens consistently? 😕

Edited by Buakaw

PC Stable 1.18 Update 3 - Version 1.18.155052 (Released on 14.07.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed two game crashes
  • Equipping the plate carrier or assault vests could cause inventory management issues
  • The character was shaking while covering other players' heads with a burlap sacks or gagging them (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159648)
  • Fixed a game error related to inventory containers
  • Fixed a server crash when corrupted character logs in (character is removed instead)

MODDING

• Fixed: Items wouldn't get saved when spawned in too fast

KNOWN ISSUES

• In-game server browser does not show official Chernarus servers, please use the DayZ Launcher to connect to them
  • The inventory of the smersh vest and attached backpack is falsely displayed as one container, but still separated

dear Kyiara, I sent a bug report a long time ago
(character during the sprint loses food faster than water),
please pay attention to this aspect. 

sprint food <<<     

Pls BI don't forget to update the client, the workbench don't find matching version since today's update.

Edit: My bad, I didn't close the launcher so the client was not updating

Edited by Liven_28