lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.18

Please reconsider changes to the tourist map - temporary military camps have no business being marked on the map; it impinges upon the exploration aspect of the game (one of the best and most unique phases of a player's development in DayZ) in an entirely lore-breaking way, as how could cartographers pre-outbreak know where temporary military camps would be constructed in the future during the outbreak? Permanent military facilities should be retained on the map, as they are permanent installations established prior to the outbreak. 

Furthermore, the the change from Cyrillic to transliterated Latin names does not seem to have gone smoothly, as many locations with two words in their name are missing spaces (e.g. Cherny Les (Black Forest) appears as Chernyles).

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Swatsy said:

Please reconsider changes to the tourist map - temporary military camps have no business being marked on the map; it impinges upon the exploration aspect of the game (one of the best and most unique phases of a player's development in DayZ) in an entirely lore-breaking way, as how could cartographers pre-outbreak know where temporary military camps would be constructed in the future during the outbreak? Permanent military facilities should be retained on the map, as they are permanent installations established prior to the outbreak. 

Furthermore, the the change from Cyrillic to transliterated Latin names does not seem to have gone smoothly, as many locations with two words in their name are missing spaces (e.g. Cherny Les (Black Forest) appears as Chernyles).

ohhh I agree..
But instead of fully removing, maybe make it a crudely hand written note of their locations. 
Please add to the tracker under "Feature"   

I like this realisms thought, and there's always external maps for those that don't know the map. 

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

The feedback tracker is far from pointless. However, due to many users being utterly incapable of writing a title of their issue that will have even a remote chance of coming up in a search on the actual subject, it is filled with hundreds if not thousands of duplicates. Also, many tickets are next to worthless since all they contain is rants better suited to this forum or they are just impossible to understand because of the writer's poor grasp of written English. Also, it seems Geez is pretty much the only person working with the tracker, which makes all that even worse. Also, remember that the feedback tracker is not a task list for the devs - it is actually literally just a feedback tracker. Whatever system the devs use to keep track of tasks and jobs - the feedback tracker isn't it. It is just the vessel for collecting issues users find, feedback, requests etc. Very obvious when you consider the hundreds or thousands of still open tickets that are no longer relevant since the issue or its underlying cause was fixed years ago. I can't blame Geez for that, it's just such an incredibly chaotic bowl of duplicates.

A few simple tricks to use the feedback tracker and have a greater chance of the ticket being handled:

1. First of all, take the time to do a thorough search for previous tickets on the same subject and add to the latest or best written one.
  2. If no previous ticket can be found with a reasonably detailed search, write a new ticket. In the title use the current version number of DayZ. Write a short but clear title that actually has to do with the subject.
  3. In the description, write a short but still detailed account of the bug, what it does and how it is triggered. Keep emotions and assumptions about the devs priorities and competence out of it. Save that stuff for this forum, twitter or reddit or your buddies. The feedback tracker is not the place.
  4. Pictures and videos showing the bug happening is good. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit to file size, but don't upload a two hour video if the bug is ten seconds in the end. Short, descriptive clips and screenshots ftw.
  5.  If you find duplicates of an issue you can tag them yourself in a comment, Geez will then merge them and the chance the issue is handled increases.

And this is yet another issue; blaming "the community" for the FT being ignored by BI.

Yes, there are a ton of low-effort tickets added by morons; "help, my base got raided", "fix cars", "game crashed 3 times in a row", etc.

Please explain, with a straight face, how the following tickets aren't of acceptable quality and worthy of paying attention to.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164039

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164404

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164508

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164529

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164531

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164779

• Beans 2

Please since the update the night vision now is mess up on ps4. Bring it back to how it was. Even with night vision is too dark now. 

Thank you greatly for your work, and more importantly, your time in updating DayZ.  

Big thank you for implementing the zoom change on console. Though, did you have to change the entire controller map along with it? (I know I am a full update late on this everyone.) 

Please consider fully customizable key bindings. Thanks development team!

Dynamic Crosshair when? 
Going to lose my mind. it hasn't been in the game since 0.62 

8 hours ago, michaeldcullen said:

And this is yet another issue; blaming "the community" for the FT being ignored by BI.

Yes, there are a ton of low-effort tickets added by morons; "help, my base got raided", "fix cars", "game crashed 3 times in a row", etc.

Please explain, with a straight face, how the following tickets aren't of acceptable quality and worthy of paying attention to.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164039

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164404

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164508

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164529

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164531

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164779

Not saying it is handled perfectly, far from it - some tickets seem to be ignored or just missed entirely. Geez - if that username is actually one single person as it seems - really needs some help. In the best of worlds the tracker would be handled more systematically and be regularly purged of useless or dated tickets.  I just don't agree the tracker is pointless, since many issues do get handled, sometimes even quickly.

Edit: Of your tickets four have had their status changed to assigned which (at least in theory...) means they're working on it, or planning to. Interesting tickets btw, I was not aware voip had such issues since 1.17. (I never talk to strangers...)

Edited by Derleth

Dear! You haven't fixed anything with the new update! A mine that is shot at explodes and becomes destroyed, but if stepped on it explodes again! The meat continues to make a sizzling sound after cooking. It's not the pan that makes that sound, it's the food!!! Barrels stop showing inventory after a few openings. Dear! You should not have a war between the players on the test server, there you need to test everything that you mutilated! If you yourself checked what you are doing, it would be good, but for now you are only engaged in porting mods from Steam to yourself, and you are doing it crookedly. Gentlemen, this is a disgrace and a disgrace!

Edited by emans
  • Beans 1

Due to ergonimic Issues I use a controller + Mouse on PC, After update I cannot invert right thumbstick (camera look) it only allows me to bind to both UP+Down which makes it usless. I always invert my look because thats how joysticks and yokes work in real life forward is down back is up. Why was this change in the controls menue made???? 1000's of hrs gaming one way and now I have no ability to change it,  Why????

21 hours ago, michaeldcullen said:

Thought I'd actually attempt using the Feedback Tracker again between 1.17 and 1.18, after having given up in the past due to things just being marked as "Assigned" by Geez and then ignored for years.

Nothing in the patch notes relating to the VOIP issues which were introduced with 1.17, despite me - and others - documenting them heavily on the FT.

I would advise anyone else concerned about issues to simply ignore the Feedback Tracker once again, since it seems like Bohemia aren't taking it seriously; and there's no point in us wasting our time on it.

Thank you, but please continue to use Feedback tracker. We rely on it heavily. You are taken Seriously and is far from a waste of time. 

• Like 3

When removing the padlock, it remains in place, the players who stand next to the remover see it in the hands of the one who removed it. And the player himself sees him at the gate. At the same time, the player's hands are bugged, since in fact he holds the lock in his hands!

2 hours ago, scott.bowen said:

We rely on it heavily.

Don't lie lmao. The only thing you do with the FT is ignore it.

Adding another new bug, cars and jerry cans explode when they spawn sometimes.

Edited by Etrius_vanRandr

2 hours ago, scott.bowen said:

Thank you, but please continue to use Feedback tracker. We rely on it heavily. You are taken Seriously and is far from a waste of time.  

Hello, I have a question for you: why is the server for Linux not added to the stable branch? I think I'm not the only one asking this question,

because the server for Linux of the experimental branch works quite adequately. I wanted to hear more specific reasons from you, not a reply

"We didn't add the server for Linux to the stable branch because we don't have anything ready.".

4 hours ago, emans said:

Dear! You haven't fixed anything with the new update! A mine that is shot at explodes and becomes destroyed, but if stepped on it explodes again! The meat continues to make a sizzling sound after cooking. It's not the pan that makes that sound, it's the food!!! Barrels stop showing inventory after a few openings. Dear! You should not have a war between the players on the test server, there you need to test everything that you mutilated! If you yourself checked what you are doing, it would be good, but for now you are only engaged in porting mods from Steam to yourself, and you are doing it crookedly. Gentlemen, this is a disgrace and a disgrace!

Please make a ticket so they know.

This is an interesting bug I didn't see in exp and I played with mines for a while in one of the exp updates.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

On 6/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, lynn.zaw said:

Adjusted the modern compass to be more readable in sunlight

But it's still broken though, since orienteering compass does not work that way. You need to be able to rotate the bezel otherwise there is no point using it. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

But it's still broken though, since orienteering compass does not work that way. You need to be able to rotate the bezel otherwise there is no point using it. 🤦‍♂️

A compass has one job, to point to magnetic north, which it does perfectly. 

maybe as a new player you get lost easily. /shrug. 

6 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Remember... the Survivors are noobs.. I don't think any of them are scout leaders that know how to use an actual compass other than Red points north..

But then again... these noobs are good with guns..

44 minutes ago, Parazight said:

That's the job of the needle, yes.. not the job of the whole compass.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

That's the job of the needle, yes.. not the job of the whole compass.

I think adding this would just make it confusing for the average player.. 
I like the idea of more advance features.. but learning how to use a compass properly really isn't on my list of things to do.. and I doubt more than a few people would take the time to adjust the setting as the needle points north which is the important part... 

5 hours ago, scott.bowen said:

More comedy from BI.

• Beans 1

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

More comedy from BI.

Not really. I have personally submitted several tickets on the feedback tracker, of which all have been assigned and some have been fixed.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I would venture a guess that over the years, you would be in the minority.

I would venture a guess that you never used the damn thing.