lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.18

1 hour ago, hegra said:

dear Kyiara, I sent a bug report a long time ago
(character during the sprint loses food faster than water),
please pay attention to this aspect. 

sprint food <<<     

Not a bug.

Concerning base building, my opinion on it is, it's more balanced now then ever. But what bothers me is that the lock falls off a door when only half the wall is broken down. Yes, I guess breaking only half a wall, a player could still crawl through, but if the frame was one whole piece instead of a top and bottom frame I feel this would balance more. That way breaking down a wall would require the entire wall gone so climbing under would be harder to accomplish. But then again, I like having a base and i'm partial to not being raided but my crew raiding other bases... So maybe more defenses. The trip wire is good but maybe other things. I don't know.

• Beans 1

Hello!
We found a new bug, tested on standalone servers (with mods and without mods), after you used handcuffs on somebody then you unlocked it, you still can see inventory person who was in handcuffs and take his loot even if you're far away. Bug works with player-player, admin-player, player-admin, admin-admin. Tested with bot on local server too, same story. 

That need to fix as soon as possible.

Edited by Osa_

45 minutes ago, baorfilobe said:

Why can the official server only find the DLC server

4 posts earlier in this thread:

"KNOWN ISSUES

In-game server browser does not show official Chernarus servers, please use the DayZ Launcher to connect to them"

5 minutes ago, etwas said:

4 posts earlier in this thread:

"KNOWN ISSUES

In-game server browser does not show official Chernarus servers, please use the DayZ Launcher to connect to them"

My device is not very good. I need to restart the game every time I enter from the login, and the time is very slow

PC Stable 1.18 Update 4 - Version 1.18.155060 (Released on 15.07.2022)

FIXED

• The in-game server browser was not displaying Chernarus servers in the official tab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every map now requires Livonia DLC in steam... Even servers known to be Chernarus require the Livonia DLC.

Edited by esnyper

3 hours ago, esnyper said:

Every map now requires Livonia DLC in steam... Even servers known to be Chernarus require the Livonia DLC.

"Hey Survivors, We are aware of reports on our launcher showing a visual bug: "Livonia DLC must be installed to join Chernarus servers" You are able to bypass this by keeping the current selection and just join the server. We are sorry for the inconvinience and working on the fix."

edit: nvm, servers I play on are just very foggy since several days for some reason

Edited by Buakaw

On 7/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, Buakaw said:

you could simply ask your community if you have a discord

Actually I don't have any "community", my servers have remained (almost) always offline (except for some tests with some friends). Now I would like to prepare one and also put it online. I would keep one offline for tests and trials and for the online one I would rent it from a provider, also because my "local" server (the one in my PC) is much better in terms of performance than those I find around (even for those who access it from outside, they tell me), but I can't get it to be seen outside. Whenever I invited someone, they could only come in with direct IP access after I gave it to them. It is not possible to manage a "public" server in this way...

Hello everyone, I am presenting an error in my user interface, I cannot see my stamina and health indicators, I can only see them when opening the inventory, I cannot see the options to interact with the objects (open doors, take objects, craft things, etc), the default button to edit that option does not work and I do not see that it is editable, I can see the quick access bar and I can also edit it, but with my 4000 hours of dayz I cannot find a solution to this that is happening to me , I have already verified my files in various ways including steam verification, if anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate your collaboration.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, WOODJU said:

When will linux server be released? Since it has been on the experimental branch for a long time

Yeah, a good suggestion is to release both at the same tame, or do not release them.

21 hours ago, iKurdo said:

Hello everyone, I am presenting an error in my user interface, I cannot see my stamina and health indicators, I can only see them when opening the inventory, I cannot see the options to interact with the objects (open doors, take objects, craft things, etc), the default button to edit that option does not work and I do not see that it is editable, I can see the quick access bar and I can also edit it, but with my 4000 hours of dayz I cannot find a solution to this that is happening to me , I have already verified my files in various ways including steam verification, if anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate your collaboration.

You can try reinstalling the game or set the "show HUD" button in settings to "Yes" if it is disabled.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Actually I don't have any "community", my servers have remained (almost) always offline (except for some tests with some friends). Now I would like to prepare one and also put it online. I would keep one offline for tests and trials and for the online one I would rent it from a provider, also because my "local" server (the one in my PC) is much better in terms of performance than those I find around (even for those who access it from outside, they tell me), but I can't get it to be seen outside. Whenever I invited someone, they could only come in with direct IP access after I gave it to them. It is not possible to manage a "public" server in this way...

sounds like you didn't open/forward all the ports.  the usual ports are 2302, 8766, 27016 (all UDP). some people will claim some random range, but I can tell you 100% these are the only ports open/forwarded on my local test server and my public server. If you have changed any ports are unsure, locate the .RPT logifle and look for something like :  ” 8:01:05.592 SUCCESS: SteamGameServer_Init(c0a80121,8716,2302,27016,3,1.07.153006)” – The 2nd, 3rd, 4th values are the ports that need to open/forwarded(UDP).

If you are going to support dayzsalauncher, it has a server app you need to run and it will need gameport+10 (TCP) open/forwarded. in this examples, that's 2312.

if you are going to us an RCON base too, you'll need to set that in BEServer_x64_active_1599.cfg (where "_active_1599" will be different for your server) Add a line like "RConPort 2322"

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, Riddick_2K said:

I thought it was a "problem" now so old that it is well known: most of the objects in the "types.xml" file have the "restock" set to zero.

I found a detailed explanation on how this works: https://steamcommunity dot com/app/221100/discussions/0/1640927348828219479/

From your example, the loot economy will try to spawn 40 BarbedWire in the world, if they aren't interacted with in 2 hours (7200 second lifetime value), they will despawn, if the number of BarbedWire in the world gets down to 20 (minimum value), they will start to respawn, in this case the CLE will try to spawn them all at once as the restock timer is set to 0.

Seems wierd that this is still set to 0 by default, when it's obvious that that's causing issues with loot distribution.

Edit: and I also found a ticket https://feedback.bistudio dot com/T152626

Edit2: removed links because for absolutely no reason whatsoever the official steam website is still blacklisted?

edit: whatever, just not posting steam links I guess

Edited by Buakaw

On 7/18/2022 at 3:37 AM, iKurdo said:

where can I configure the "show HUD" button ???

The option can be found in the "Options" panel in the first section "Game", in the 3rd group "Hud", 1st option "Show HUD - Enable / Disable".
Keep in mind that often (unfortunately) each new server disables itself and you have to re-enable it again each time. Unfortunately, these programmers, every patch fix something, but always break something else... I seem to see Mickey Mouse in Fantasia... 🤨

On 7/19/2022 at 12:08 AM, helpthedeadwalk said:

sounds like you didn't open/forward all the ports.  the usual ports are 2302, 8766, 27016 (all UDP). some people will claim some random range, but I can tell you 100% these are the only ports open/forwarded on my local test server and my public server. If you have changed any ports are unsure, locate the .RPT logifle and look for something like :  ” 8:01:05.592 SUCCESS: SteamGameServer_Init(c0a80121,8716,2302,27016,3,1.07.153006)” – The 2nd, 3rd, 4th values are the ports that need to open/forwarded(UDP).

If you are going to support dayzsalauncher, it has a server app you need to run and it will need gameport+10 (TCP) open/forwarded. in this examples, that's 2312.

if you are going to us an RCON base too, you'll need to set that in BEServer_x64_active_1599.cfg (where "_active_1599" will be different for your server) Add a line like "RConPort 2322"

Thanks for the reply.
I don't remember exactly, because I tested it some time ago, but I had tried various ports of as many "various guides" that I had found on the net.
As soon as I have some time I will also try these ports and see if the server will be visible from the outside. The top would be to be able to see it from battlemetrics.com... 😊

On 7/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, Riddick_2K said:

I thought it was a "problem" now so old that it is well known: most of the objects in the "types.xml" file have the "restock" set to zero.

I found a detailed explanation on how this works on steam forums. /app/221100/discussions/0/1640927348828219479/

After doing some more digging, a ticket for this had been submitted 2 years ago already, unsolved. So the devs either don't care to fix it or think it's fine..

or it's working as intended, and the restock behaviour is controlled via RespawnTypes & Respawn Limit:

RespawnLimit - Integer - 20 - How many items of one type can be spawned at once

RespawnTypes - Integer  - 12 - How many different types can be respawned at once

from the official CE Configuration on bohemias website.

I unfortunately don't have my own server to try this.

Edited by Buakaw

PC Stable 1.18 Update 5 - Version 1.18.155069 (Released on 28.07.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: An issue where one could see inventories of players that broke from restrains/woke up from the unconscious
  • Fixed: Server error message related to the inventory

SERVER

On 7/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, CAESIUM11 said:

After some research i found that devs still trying to fix vehicles.

image.png

it's not a secret. it was in the last devblog and discussed on a stream a week ago.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Buakaw said:

I wanted to ask, do you guys also still observe this thing where sometimes you find the same item 5-6 times in one place, but nowhere else?

Examples:

• no cleaning kit in the entire map but this one hunting camp has like 5 of them
  • on the airfield you find 5 ak74 mags within vincinity of each other
  • one small village might leave you with 5+ sewing kits if you picked them up

etc etc... how come this is still a thing? It just screams poorly tuned loot economy to me.

It just gets tedious when you want to find a specific item and look in all the right places it could spawn only to find, ALL OF THEM have been spawning in one small corner of the map.

There should be some determinism to the loot RNG, for example if we have 100 hunting cabins spread across the map, the hunting loot should be spread evenly among them, not 5 cleaning kits in a single camp.

Yes this is regular occurrence, for years now, and it really does not matter how populated the server is, in my experience. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, William Sternritter said:

Yes this is regular occurrence, for years now, and it really does not matter how populated the server is, in my experience. 

I don't fully understand CLE configuration and whether restock timer is bugged or not, but changing some values might fix the issue. We'd just need someone to test it.