lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.18

On 6/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, Shal3RNO said:

Every time my server updates it resets all my edits in .xml files. How to prevent that ? How to update server so my configurations is not changed ?

I'm sorry but I don't know if the B.I. only provide additions to XML files (if it does, I'd be interested to know how to get additions only). Unfortunately with each new patch, you have to do it all over again... a big pain in the ass. What I do to facilitate the work is, before the update, make a copy of the server mission folder, then update (obviously the update must NOT be automatic but MANUAL), then, I check the dates of the files and see those which have been updated. If there are files that I have changed (I always save all the various versions), I make a comparison with "textdiff 4.6" (portable/standalone) and, find the differences, I evaluate whether to update my old files or modify the new ones (it depends on what is the shortest job) and put the new files in the server folder... until the next patch.
If anyone knows of a better system and is willing to explain it, they are welcome. 😔

21 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I'm sorry but I don't know if the B.I. only provide additions to XML files (if it does, I'd be interested to know how to get additions only). Unfortunately with each new patch, you have to do it all over again... a big pain in the ass. What I do to facilitate the work is, before the update, make a copy of the server mission folder, then update (obviously the update must NOT be automatic but MANUAL), then, I check the dates of the files and see those which have been updated. If there are files that I have changed (I always save all the various versions), I make a comparison with "textdiff 4.6" (portable/standalone) and, find the differences, I evaluate whether to update my old files or modify the new ones (it depends on what is the shortest job) and put the new files in the server folder... until the next patch.
If anyone knows of a better system and is willing to explain it, they are welcome. 😔

<Snip>

Link to the BI github, along with the seasonal specials: https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I would venture a guess that you never used the damn thing.

LOL!  You even call it "the damn thing".  Thanks for making my point!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

LOL!  You even call it "the damn thing".  Thanks for making my point!

Can you guys just punch it out on the coast...

• Haha 1

I feel like these forums need the "beating a dead horse thread". same people, same posts, same complaints every single release.  Of course if its NOT in the release notes, your first question should be to ask if its fixed. after that, please ask about some long standing open tickets, then please complain about the development team.  Seriously, direct your complaints to bohemia in general since they are the ones that need to bring more resources to the table.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Best way to avoid getting your xml edits overwritten on updates is to clone the mission files to a folder with a custom name, and point to that folder in the serverDZ.cfg. The second part after the dot needs to have the map name (e.g. .chernarusplus) but the first half you can name pretty much anything you want. Only the default missions (dayzOffline.chernarusplus and dayzOffline.enoch) will ever be updated when the server files are updated or validated.

This means you will need to manually update everything, but that is a minor inconvenience compared to going through types.xml and the others and redo every single customisation you have done.

So, for my Livonia server I have made a mission folder called "livoniaden.enoch" which contains everything. The default dayzOffline.enoch I don't edit at all, so when an update drops to experimental I will use notepad++ with compare addon to go through each file that updates to see exactly what has been changed or added, and then copy the new things over to my custom files. That way I don't have to make all my custom work all over again, and I can have the mission files ready for the update while it is still on experimental.

Also the economy files are available on the BI github. I posted this response earlier with the link, it is still hidden so I'm posting again without link, the link will appear whenever the forum admin comes around...

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

Best way to avoid getting your xml edits overwritten on updates is to clone the mission files to a folder with a custom name, and point to that folder in the serverDZ.cfg. The second part after the dot needs to have the map name (e.g. .chernarusplus) but the first half you can name pretty much anything you want. Only the default missions (dayzOffline.chernarusplus and dayzOffline.enoch) will ever be updated when the server files are updated or validated.

this is a great idea, plus use cfgeconomycore.xml where possible (it really should be extended to at least cfgeventspawns.xml & cfgeventgroups.xml

• Like 1

when you trade with someone, is there a way to tell if they are dead or just uncon from the fall animation? Since that's usually the last thing you'll see before screen goes black

lease fix base building before making more way to destroy or exploit bases even farther.

DROP THE SPAWN RATE OF DETONATORS. DROP THE SPAWN RATE OF PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES AND RESTRICT THEM TO MILITARY TOXIC ZONES.

BASE WITH 6 THICK WALL NEVER RAIDED BREACHED WITH PE. WHAT THE LITERAL F*CK IS THIS SPAWN RATE??? HOLY HELL NOW EVERYONE HAS BOMBS

5 hours ago, Etrius_vanRandr said:

DROP THE SPAWN RATE OF DETONATORS. DROP THE SPAWN RATE OF PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES AND RESTRICT THEM TO MILITARY TOXIC ZONES.

BASE WITH 6 THICK WALL NEVER RAIDED BREACHED WITH PE. WHAT THE LITERAL F*CK IS THIS SPAWN RATE??? HOLY HELL NOW EVERYONE HAS BOMBS

Dunno.. I haven't found one yet

12 hours ago, Buakaw said:

when you trade with someone, is there a way to tell if they are dead or just uncon from the fall animation? Since that's usually the last thing you'll see before screen goes black

Wobo made a video exactly on this about a month ago.  There's a lot of death animations telling you where they were shot from also. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:30 AM, NateLapT said:

Dunno.. I haven't found one yet

I find them every day in Dolnik in random places...spawn rate is so wonk

Why the hell does a canopy tent weigh 90kg? They should be about 21kg. Why the hell does one burlap sack only make one burlap strip? Some of the decisions in this game makes no goddamn sense.

Shovel weighs more than pickaxe by 5kg! Shovel should weigh LESS than the pickaxe! Currently the pickaxe is the best of the digging tools due to weight. It can mine rock like a sledgehammer and can also dig like the farming hoe and the shovel and only weighs 1kg. Very OP, I can carry 3 of them with almost no penalty.

I can throw a field backpack loaded with 50kg of planks and 20kg of nails but I can't throw a log that only weighs 20kg?

Why is there no system to prevent epinephrine abuse? There should be a massive stamina and/or movement speed penalty for using an epinephrine injector. 1 minute of infinite stamina with no consequences? Who thought that was balanced? Literally just hotbar 9 of them and run across the country like a coked up bastard. Untouchable.

Why is sheet metal physically bigger when carried than when used as fence panels?

How is the game developed by 50 people and still has problems like this?

Edit: axishunter1 on Livonia 4913 is using teleport cheats, admin please ban him

Edited by Etrius_vanRandr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Thanks for the work you've done. Will the achievement system be improved?
For dayz needs a lot more achievements.

for example :
 - survive 10 hours
 - stay in the chemical zone for 30 minutes
 - explore the map, visit each settlement
 - visit all military bases
 - kill the leader wolf
 - kill the bear
and so on 😃

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Please remove plastic explosive, it has no place in this game. It's way too common and people are just going around ruining bases with it.

Edited by Etrius_vanRandr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Etrius_vanRandr said:

Please remove plastic explosive, it has no place in this game. It's way too common and people are just going around ruining bases with it.

We all knew this patch was going to ruin basebuilding balance when we read the patch notes. Might want to check out our server with double base health setup 🙂

I hate the Aug AX full auto behaviour.. there is literally 0 point in ever ADSing with this thing if you plan on full auto. All the bullets go to the top left of where you aim.

Shooting this gun reminds me of counter strike.

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I hate the Aug AX full auto behaviour.. there is literally 0 point in ever ADSing with this thing if you plan on full auto. All the bullets go to the top left of where you aim.

I had one but some nolife loser named axishunter1 stole mine straight from the container using loot ESP. Made several reports to battleye and bohemia and no ban

• Beans 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:02 AM, Etrius_vanRandr said:

I was hoping all of these things would be super rare, especially given the new usageflag=Unique, but they don't seem to be.

4 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I was hoping all of these things would be super rare, especially given the new usageflag=Unique, but they don't seem to be.

I have found 3 FAMAS, two full ghillies, two ghillie shrugs, NVGs, and had three cars in the past days on Spaggies Vanilla Livonia (medium pop).

In that time i have seen ONE Detonator and ZERO plastic explosives. I have not been looking for explosives or detonators though. I killed a bunch of people in that time and looted them too.

9 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I have found 3 FAMAS, two full ghillies, two ghillie shrugs, NVGs, and had three cars in the past days on Spaggies Vanilla Livonia (medium pop).

In that time i have seen ONE Detonator and ZERO plastic explosives. I have not been looking for explosives or detonators though. I killed a bunch of people in that time and looted them too.

I have found two packs of explosives (on the same character) and no detonator across exp and stable servers since 1.18 exp was released. A crapton of 40mm HE shells however - but no launcher. Rng is rng, some will get lucky and most will not, but fact is the explosives are not that common. If some groups have a lot I'd say that's a sign there are still some duping tricks out there.

there was a hidden change in regards playing without HUD? now, when the HUD is disabled, u will still see the action prompts and the loot is named when looking at it. i dunno if this was intentional, but i really like that change!

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, etwas said:

there was a hidden change in regards playing without HUD? now, when the HUD is disabled, u will still see the action prompts and the loot is named when looking at it. i dunno if this was intentional, but i really like that change!

I both like it and hate it. It helps being able to play without hud constantly without needing to enable it to do crafting, base building and so on. But when running around in the woods getting the "cut long sticks" prompt popping up constantly is driving me nuts...

There should be another option to have everything off as before.

1. Everything on
  2. Hotbar hidden
  3. Hotbar and HUD hidden but interaction popups will show
  4. Everything hidden

I'd be moving between 3 & 4 depending on what I'm doing for the moment.

• Beans 1