Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.17 (Change Log)

14 hours ago, Getsome said:

Haven't used mine in a very long time. I was hoping that the quality of TrackIR in Arma would eventually make its way to DayZ… unfortunately last time I checked it it was very underwhelming.
Would be interested to hear if there has been any development for TrackIR in DayZ or if there is any planned development for TrackIR in DayZ. 

I already asked that, at least here but got no answer so far. I'll keep nagging because yes, somehow they managed to implement less features that we used to have in .62.

On 3/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, William Sternritter said:

I already asked that, at least here but got no answer so far. I'll keep nagging because yes, somehow they managed to implement less features that we used to have in .62.

Good to hear, I hope you do get a reply at some point. I know there must be a lot more of us out there, not just you and I patiently waiting.
BI DayZ Devs, When you have a moment can we possibly get an update on TrackIR implementation. (Understand this is not the correct place for this question

I take so much flack for constantly bringing up vehicle physics or security issues.  I'm constantly told they are working on it.  Yet, over the years, we have seen no results.  As stated above, what we HAVE received are fewer features since .62, fewer guns, etc.  Some have trickled back, while that is commendable, it doesn't  make up for the obvious glaring issues the game has been having for years.  This is a serious question... is this development through low hanging fruit?  Again, I have tens of thousands of hours in this game, and other BI games.. I want it to succeed, but how can it when the very basic issue of player security hasn't been addressed in YEARS and completely destroys servers and communities?

I'm glad we have updates on a regular basis, but when do the REAL updates, the ones that ACTUALLY matter happen?  Setting a damn broom on fire has to rank at the bottom of stuff that needs to be addressed.  That is purely for those that RP.  I mean who really gives a damn about setting a broom on fire when you can lose everything including your base by script children?  Who really gives a damn that you can improvise clothes from rags while the server can be flooded or lagged out because some child sends bogus logins or junk data that causes the server to lag or freeze?  Who gives a damn female characters hair clipped through the NVG strap when you can be insta killed through no fault of your own when driving a vehicle because the physics implementation sucks harder than nearly any $2.99 game ever sold on Steam.

When will the real issues that matter get resolved?  Will they actually get resolved or will we just continue to receive maximum lip service?

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just want to report that since they added the [+] icon the Revolver is always showing it also when the drum is empty.

Great update btw

Edited by Red Pyr4mid
  • Thanks 1

(Players are no longer able to get into a vehicle while holding a heavy item)

I always found this one a bit dodgy to be honest. But it was fun seeing someone get behind the wheel while carrying an entire oil drum.

• Beans 1

PC Experimental 1.17 Update 2 - Version 1.17.154672 (Released on 30.03.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Gear could not be added to other player's inventories (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159801https://feedback.bistudio.com/T162845)
  • Wrong animations for spears and pitchfork melee attacks and throwing
  • Bear traps were killing players who triggered them with a tool
  • CR-550 magazine was hovering above the hand after hiding the gun
  • Cooking directly on cooking slots was missing sound effects (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163863)
  • Ruined burned broom turned into pristine wooden stick
  • Brooms and torches were offering an extinguish action even if not ignited yet
  • Default action text is showing when player wants to perform the drain or pour action
  • Player with a Longhorn pistol in hands didn't raise the weapon when colliding with objects

SERVER

• Fixed: In the offline database, "types.xml" is missing default parameters

KNOWN ISSUES

• Thrown Spears, Sharp/LongWoodenSticks and Torches can fall through the ground
  • Extinguished brooms and torches can't become wet and rain doesn't extinguish them
  • Buried items offer the action to bury them again
  • A pistol attached to the chest holster, placed within the plate carrier pouches, drops on the ground upon reconnecting
  • The CR-550 does not offer dry fire
  • When roasting food on the sharp wooden stick, the wrong animation is played
  • When kindling/fuel items becomes ruined in fire, the player is unable to add the same item
  • Like 3

Rag shoes are OP imo.

They cost nothing, take nothing, last very long.

They are just a level down in comfort compared to the athlete/running shoes and make you in the barefoot noise level.

No reason to wear any other kind of footwear really, if not in a RP context.

Some random idea to balance:

They could last less. I mean 10x less

or they could cause health damage (while still preventing cut damage. Similar to deep blue cold tbc)

or have an its own special bad comfort level making you in the deep blue cold state whatever else you are wearing.

Edited by Roddis
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I take so much flack for constantly bringing up vehicle physics or security issues.  I'm constantly told they are working on it.  Yet, over the years, we have seen no results.  As stated above, what we HAVE received are fewer features since .62, fewer guns, etc.  Some have trickled back, while that is commendable, it doesn't  make up for the obvious glaring issues the game has been having for years.  This is a serious question... is this development through low hanging fruit?  Again, I have tens of thousands of hours in this game, and other BI games.. I want it to succeed, but how can it when the very basic issue of player security hasn't been addressed in YEARS and completely destroys servers and communities?

I'm glad we have updates on a regular basis, but when do the REAL updates, the ones that ACTUALLY matter happen?  Setting a damn broom on fire has to rank at the bottom of stuff that needs to be addressed.  That is purely for those that RP.  I mean who really gives a damn about setting a broom on fire when you can lose everything including your base by script children?  Who really gives a damn that you can improvise clothes from rags while the server can be flooded or lagged out because some child sends bogus logins or junk data that causes the server to lag or freeze?  Who gives a damn female characters hair clipped through the NVG strap when you can be insta killed through no fault of your own when driving a vehicle because the physics implementation sucks harder than nearly any $2.99 game ever sold on Steam.

When will the real issues that matter get resolved?  Will they actually get resolved or will we just continue to receive maximum lip service?

Maybe this is because base building and cars are not the core part of a survival game. Imagine the apocalypse, who wants to drive cars and build new buildings? xD
You can maybe drive for some weeks, until the petrol storages are empty. And in such a apocalyptic event you would use already available structures and building and don't build an enterily new one.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

Maybe this is because base building and cars are not the core part of a survival game. Imagine the apocalypse, who wants to drive cars and build new buildings? xD
You can maybe drive for some weeks, until the petrol storages are empty. And in such a apocalyptic event you would use already available structures and building and don't build an enterily new one.

Fair but, why even add a feature that is broken? This game isn't in Early Access days anymore... or is it?

And regarding petrol, yeah it never made sense to me that somehow every gas station has gas in it. But I suppose this is that "game element" for the sake of gameplay, so I'm fine with it.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

Maybe this is because base building and cars are not the core part of a survival game. Imagine the apocalypse, who wants to drive cars and build new buildings? xD

Assume it is only the day after everything went to sh*t every time you play and then there's no problem comprehending how so much loot is readily available everywhere. Every time you die you start again on that first day with a new character.

• Like 1

"why do u add a broom on fire, instead of fixing the handslot-bug (or whatever my main concern is with the game)?"

this is coming from people that follow the game and its development for many years and put in thousands of hours into it.

adding a fire effect for a broom vs. fixing one of the most complex bugs in the game.

peoples expectations are just WAAAAAAAAY too high. its the same moaning for over 3 years now. u KNOW how complex the game is. u KNOW theres just a few devs, u KNOW this is an half-baked hybrid of an engine. different devs have different jobs and skills. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

adding no content at all, just to focus on only bug fixing wont speed-up the progress. that dev adding a fire effect for the broom in an hour, wont be able to fix the handslot bugs or vehicle physics....

@etwas Im not sure what you mean with handslots bugs. You need inventory space to place something in it automatically, or it turn red. It should show green on the item before you place it in your backpack from your hands and you have bag space for it. I almost have 4k hours now in Dayz since 2014.

Yeah I guess that is the main reason Heli is not in yet due to car physics issues.

Edited by Nebulae3

Just now, Nebulae3 said:

@etwas Im not sure what you mean with handslots bugs.

when client and server are out sync. while you think u carry a weapon in your hands, its actually a broom u try to shoot with.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, etwas said:

when client and server are out sync. while you think u carry a weapon in your hands, its actually a broom u try to shoot with.

Yeah a good find. And I believe it has several bugs with out of sync issues related to the official/test servers: Also a connection issues at least on the official servers. I have experience that some private servers are much more stable especially with some sunrise addtional mods and I seldom lose connection based on the out of sync topic.

Edited by Nebulae3

3 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Fair but, why even add a feature that is broken? This game isn't in Early Access days anymore... or is it?

And regarding petrol, yeah it never made sense to me that somehow every gas station has gas in it. But I suppose this is that "game element" for the sake of gameplay, so I'm fine with it.

Ok, but what exactly do you mean with broken?
I played a while ago on a RP server with lots of cars. And when my connection was stable, driving cars was fine. Ok with a high ping it is a pain in the ass, but IDK how hard it is to work around bad network connections.

3 hours ago, lemmac said:

Assume it is only the day after everything went to sh*t every time you play and then there's no problem comprehending how so much loot is readily available everywhere. Every time you die you start again on that first day with a new character.

Got ya, but this is the limitation of the sandbox.
A workaround would be to limit the loot drastically, so it's a real day #1....
But then you have to wipe almost weekly? xD

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

Ok, but what exactly do you mean with broken?
I played a while ago on a RP server with lots of cars. And when my connection was stable, driving cars was fine. Ok with a high ping it is a pain in the ass, but IDK how hard it is to work around bad network connections.

Mate... if you can't see how cars are broken, then I've got nothing else to say to you. It's literally a meme anywhere in DayZ that DayZ cars are space shuttles.

If cars don't work 100% of the time on perfect server and good connection, then it's broken. One single network hiccup shouldn't send your car flying to a certain death.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Don't know what kind of drugs you're taking cause every time I use cars they work so perfectly and butter smooth with amazing controls like a racing game. No lag, no desync, impeccable physics. I think its more likely there's a hardware failure on your end causing the issue. Everyone else is having a great time driving around except you.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Don't know what kind of drugs you're taking cause every time I use cars they work so perfectly and butter smooth with amazing controls like a racing game. No lag, no desync, impeccable physics. I think its more likely there's a hardware failure on your end causing the issue. Everyone else is having a great time driving around except you.

Funny that you made the following comment earlier about cars.  Why the total reversal?  Oh yea. Because you only come to these forums in an attempt to troll people.  Let's look at a post you made just 2 days after you joined....

The biggest problem with cars is definitely not client side, and though I've heard this rumor, it is simply false. You can have a perfectly good internet connection and be on a server close to you, and cars will behave sporadically and fly to the moon. I've followed development and remember years ago when the developers specifically made changes to improve server performance, because it was causing issues with not only cars, but A.I. navigation. Recently Sumrak the lead developer made a stream and tested vehicles, and he specifically says multiple times that the bumpy and misbehaving cars is due to poor server performance. The server FPS dips when under high load (i.e. high population) and under a certain FPS cars get bumpy and are prone to going airborne. Sumrak checked his logs and saw the server FPS was below 15 at times, when stable performance of vehicles needs at least a stable 30 FPS. I'm on PC with a computer well above recommended specs, SSD, very stable internet connection and still get this problem with cars on Official servers. I have no problem quickly loading in world objects. You could give each client a NASA supercomputer, and the most high speed internet connection currently in existence, and cars would still catapult into the air once too many people join the server because these issues occur when server FPS gets low, not client FPS. Now it may be possible that laggy clients could be more taxing on servers, however, fundamentally, the car problem is related to the server. I'm not sure who keeps spreading this rumor on here but it's just wrong. It seems like they're looking for an excuse to blame the players, rather than the developers, for this long-standing problem.

• Haha 1

He is a troll. I blocked Gamerwarrior ages ago because he has absolutely nothing to add besides whatever drivel he spouts. Just block him and he will leave after he stops getting replies to his idiotic comments.

Cars suck. Hopefully the new car\physics sim will help when they get around to releasing the update. Not holding my breath though. This game is going on 10 years in development.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, steam-76561197960925287 said:

there are any problems with the fruits from trees ? i cant find some fruits on the ground from a Tree... 

Should be fixed with the 2nd update of exp 1.17

SERVER

Fixed: Central Economy was not spawning mushrooms, fruits and stones

Edited by Jappe Hallunken

22 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Mate... if you can't see how cars are broken, then I've got nothing else to say to you. It's literally a meme anywhere in DayZ that DayZ cars are space shuttles.

If cars don't work 100% of the time on perfect server and good connection, then it's broken. One single network hiccup shouldn't send your car flying to a certain death.

But a hiccup is not a good connection and I can only speak for experience I had.
So what could be a countermeasure against this "non physical" behaviour (from a laymans perspective)? There is already a protection against speed hack movement, maybe their could be a similiar mehod to detect rapid movements of cars to prevent this? Does anyone know how other games handle this, especially racings sims?