Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.17 (Change Log)

Please add the flames effect to the broom when lit instead of turning it into a torch

Edit: It doesnt turn into i torch i just saw that, you acutally hold the broom and flames come out the top! Amazing!

Very cool attention to detail here: When you drop the broom in a field it stands upright (jammed into the floor). When you drop it on the street it is lying down because the ground is too hard to jam the broom into so it can' stand!

Best update ever ❤️

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
They actually did! I was wrong
  • Haha 2

Great looking change log. Some much needed quality of life crafting options for improvised gear. More civvie guns are always welcome, especially seeing two classics returning.

I know this might not be the best possible spot for suggestions, but adding "sawed off" variants of the BK, Mosin, and double barrel to world loot spawns could help dilute the pool further, and would help nerf the Mosin, double barrel, and BK a little without sacrificing the utility of them. I don't feel it would be unrealistic to find some illegal or "Gangster" type weapons floating around either. Some players might not be on board with that idea but i think it would add challenge and require more adaptation for players that are very used to relying on these guns early through mid game.

6 hours ago, pab-ababc74b501bd1bc said:

''Sensitivity settings is now exponential instead of linear''

What is this? Please tell me you didn't just force mouse acceleration into the mouse sensitivity? This is refering to the controller sensitivity right?

It is what it says. The behaviour is now non-linear / exponential.
Before the patch:
Imagine you divide the sensitivity slider into 10 equal parts. At  point 1 the sensitivity is 10%, at point 2 it was 20% (of the available sensitivity spectrum), at 5 it was 50%, at max it was at 100%.
In this example it is y = 10x.

Now we have an exponential connection like y = x².
On an exponential function the slope / gradient rises with higher values of x, but at the beginning it is more flat then a linear.
Assuming y = x² the values would change to 1 is 1%, 2 is 4%, 3 is 9% etc... the former 50% would now be (5²=)25%. But at max (10) it is still  (10²=)100%. The curve is just another, the range is the same.
Now you have a higher "resolution" in the lower sensitivity spectrum, which makes sense because everything in human bodies works exponential or logarithmic. (And nobody really need more sensitivity, most players use lower values, I guess).

A nice example is how we feel temperatures. You can easily tell the difference between 10°C and 40°C ( The difference is 30°C), but you can't tell the difference between 200°C and 230°C, but the difference is still 30°C 😄

Edited by Jappe Hallunken

Its good to see a couple of crafting items appear but why not look at crafting items like weapons, clothing, medical supplies. Work benches to craft different items, different minerals and ores that you need for crafting. Not stone knives and spears. Make the game more diverse not more stagnant, Building bases could do with a upgrade, wooden towers and fences are old boring and needs major upgrading. 

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Pipsters said:

Its good to see a couple of crafting items appear but why not look at crafting items like weapons, clothing, medical supplies. Work benches to craft different items, different minerals and ores that you need for crafting. Not stone knives and spears. Make the game more diverse not more stagnant, Building bases could do with a upgrade, wooden towers and fences are old boring and needs major upgrading. 

This is the right place for suggestions: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/128-suggestions/

• Confused 1

The improvised clothing is a bit of a joke. Makes sense for gloves. Possibly shoes as well if ruined footwear is making you bleed... even then the rags are possibly best kept to bandage until you find a new pair. Replacing ruined clothing is pointless as there are no insulation or storage benefits to the improvised clothing. Using rags to make the clothing just means destroying perfectly good clothing in order to 'improvise' them.

Why not simply allow the crafting of the existing leather gear instead? Not only does it make much more sense but at least would allow people to rp a true survivalist playstyle without having to loot towns.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pipsters said:

This isn't minecraft dude...

Great update Dev's... very greatful and excited for the future.

"Fixed several environment issues on Chernarus and Livonia" I'm very interested on what this means.

• Sad 1

And still nothing about the cheaters that massively pollute public and also private servers! At the moment it's the party of ESP and autoAim... We continue to settle for the inefficiency of Battleye with a broom that can make a torch? Great... Cheaters still have a few more years of fun in store then.

• Thanks 2

Food looses its quantity when cooked in a cookware even without lard or water

Literally unplayable. 😏

Edited by JonnyP_
  • Confused 1

Spear should be way supirior in combat vs knifes. Long weapon always win in unexperienced hands.

-Make spear attack longer like 50% more

-Make it a little bit faster like 25%

-More dmg like 50%

-Change crafting recipi. Long stick + Bone / Stone + rag / rope

-Make them throwable like grenades in future patches

Nice patch

Edited by ZBA

On 3/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Vehicle physics?  Nope as usual.  Fix for security exploit they've known for years that allows script kids to own servers?  Nope as usual.  But hey, at least the broom now has a purpose.

They are importing an entirely new version of the vehicle simulation, so if they weren't ready to push it for testing now they weren't. To be honest I prefer waiting another few months to getting some half-ready crap that is even worse than before...

• Like 1

Hello, Once again your work and your updates are superb!
  But there is a big problem that has not been solved for a long time...
What about the "ADS bug"?
For me, like many others, playing mostly Vanilla Hardcore FPP No Base; we often died face to face with another survivor because of the "ADS bug" (the weapon which does not raise).
Causing then an exhaustion and a rage which can be unhealthy as well for us as for the community.
Please tell us where you are on this pesky "ADS bug" and can we expect it to be fully fixed by 1.2?
          Sincerely, Ennzedka.

P.S: DayZ was, is and always will be the best survival game in the world... Peace! V

• Thanks 2

I did not read all, but fish on a stick above a fireplace with "frying animation" is not working properly in 1.17 ☺️

On 3/23/2022 at 6:51 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

Please add the flames effect to the broom when lit instead of turning it into a torch 😄

I started north went to NW Airfield with torches, it works very well and give us warmth which is nice in the beginning with limited clothing. 

Getting real tired of these redundant updates like adding a pitchfork. I really am grateful that the dev team are back to rolling out semi consistant updates but when there are reports dating back to 2015 of a game breaking wall hack glitch that allowes any player to see trough walls, buildings and any other asset just feels discouraging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, woop1p said:

Getting real tired of these redundant updates like adding a pitchfork. I really am grateful that the dev team are back to rolling out semi consistant updates but when there are reports dating back to 2015 of a game breaking wall hack glitch that allowes any player to see trough walls, buildings and any other asset just feels discouraging.

The pitchfork has been in the game since forever, it is only "added" back now (to the loot tables) because now there is an actual stabbing animation which is the true addition. This update is actually very solid, tons of new stuff, tons of fixes. Am I disappointed the new vehicle physics aren't ready? Yes, but if it isn't ready for testing it just isn't, and I will never agree the rest of the team should sit on their hands and do nothing while the guys working on that do their thing...

• Like 3

On 3/25/2022 at 12:49 AM, William Sternritter said:

TrackIR isn't working for me, anyone else has this? 

Haven't used mine in a very long time. I was hoping that the quality of TrackIR in Arma would eventually make its way to DayZ… unfortunately last time I checked it it was very underwhelming.
Would be interested to hear if there has been any development for TrackIR in DayZ or if there is any planned development for TrackIR in DayZ. 

• Like 2

Decided to go play a bit today in a while because of the update news and glad to see in every gun fight every party is just wall glitching and looking at eachother wall glitching. A great game ruined by a single glitch. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1