lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

FYI.... Update hasn't been pushed yet... my experimental server is still running v1.13.153989

Edit... Disregard it just updated 😁

Edit...  Actually no, something went wrong with the update. It still hasn't been pushed, not sure what's going on. The server tried to update but it's still running the old version. My update folder is empty. After an update it usually contains the previous files. My client isn't updating either

Edited by Getsome

1 hour ago, Getsome said:

FYI.... Update hasn't been pushed yet... my experimental server is still running v1.13.153989

Edit... Disregard it just updated 😁

Edit...  Actually no, something went wrong with the update. It still hasn't been pushed, not sure what's going on. The server tried to update but it's still running the old version. My update folder is empty. After an update it usually contains the previous files. My client isn't updating either

Restarting steam, verifying files after the update and defragging HDDs solves many issues.  Try restarting and verifying for sure. Typically, this doesn’t require wiping your system. Good luck!

please add character deletion from the menu. I have a few characters that are no longer alive and I still see them in the menu

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Restarting steam, verifying files after the update and defragging HDDs solves many issues.  Try restarting and verifying for sure. Typically, this doesn’t require wiping your system. Good luck!

My Experimental server is set to auto update via "steam:cmd" similar to the way that your client updates automatically. The issue was that they "BI" hadn't pushed the update to steam yet or steam hadn't ticked over yet. 

The time of me writing this however both my Experimental server and my Experimental client have both Auto updated.

Also curiously enough they have just now, within the last half an hour finally decided to open up an official experimental DayZ server here in Australia. "DayZ AP - SY 3644 (Experimental/Unstable"

I have been running the only public experimental server here in Australia since 1.08. 

I'm glad to see that they finally decided to open up an experimental server for us here in Australia.

7 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

agreed, plate carrier should have interchangeable plates though, but the "vest" part should be fixable

ruined plate = no protection, ruined "vest" should act as all clothes do, remove it from your char and you cant put it back on, and you cant add new plates to it

yeah, the shovel was severely OP and it got changed to a billion kg, and un repairable. what about some balance of OP body armour. 

make it un repairable, pristine  would be like gold. damaged wouldnt be worth the weight.

it would directly change the PVP guys. all of them that get geared to those who can shoot straight with anything.

now that is balance.

any one would have to think before pvp. thats the choice. and thats the game. the decision. 

Edited by cookoff013

13 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

2:20

There's never been a hard confirmation of this. It's just all rumors. 

That said, we know the team is pretty small, and we know the lead animator was moved to another BI project at some point in 2019, which is probably where the speculation comes from, but the "No animator!" stuff is all conjecture and speculation regardless. It's never been confirmed by anyone from The Dev Team that there is no animator. I also wouldn't expect that to be confirmed. 

Also noteworthy is a comment in the early 2021 status report about the team needing to utilize "existing assets" for updates, which I guess you could infer as their way of saying "we can only use what we already have." 

It's definitely not the most insane thing I've seen this community speculate on; it's definitely a reasonable assumption to make. It's pretty clear that DayZ is not remotely a priority for Bohemia Interactive, and it's frustrating the studio doesn't want to invest more into it. 

Glass half full: The Dev Team also stated they were looking to expand the team; it's entirely possible a new animation lead could be part of that. Anyone who tells you they know otherwise for sure is just guessing. 

Edited by thepoey
  • Beans 2

time and money.

I would be happy if there was offline mode on console. 

i can dream.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, cookoff013 said:

time and money.

I would be happy if there was offline mode on console. 

i can dream.

If you want to play by yourself rent a server 🙂

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Please do the community a huge favor and (finally) fix the damn awful server performance! With 99% of full pop servers (official servers + community with 50 slots and above) there is non working/stuck AI, Teleporting players, extremly delayed actions aso. because of poor server performance/fps.... Please do work on the server sided problems in DayZ and sort this out or change your server provider is it's related to poor/under-performing hardware!

• Like 3

Sumrak said around 6 months ago that dayz team have huge problem with lack of animations / lack of animators for new stuff and lack of it its the biggest reason why bows and crossbows arent in the game. At last that what he said.

On 6/17/2021 at 7:48 AM, mobbie said:

Looks like still no fix for rx 6800 cards And how is 6800xt running like crap in coastal towns, not a known issue is beyond me lol

Same with the RX 5700XT, massive fps drops into the 30-40s in major cities, previously it wasn't this bad.

I will be honest, I want to play this game but just running around for hours to find 10 guns with no ammo and die to players is just not fun or good use of anyone's time. I think one of the reasons old dayZ was way more popular because it was way easier to find guns and when you found guns at least they had a mag in it with full ammo, not saying it should be maxed but at least like something random between 33-100%?

Of course, if you want the game to be mostly just running around and gathering stuff and/or roleplay servers rather than PvP then it is great no questions. I am just not sure what the game is supposed to be on your vision I just know it is nothing like the DayZ mod and its submodels like origin, epoch, etc, and it is kind of disappointing. If I have to guess most people play this game for PvP, fighting with survival elements accompanied and it doesn't seem like where the game is going with the loot system is being restricted by hoarders stashing weapons and weapons not even spawning with mag or ammo. Also, cars and helicopters are not even a big part of the game anymore just so sad to see. 

This game needs less loot time and shorter travel time which will result in more player vs player interactions which I think all agree is the best part of the game and what people seek the most.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

I will be honest, I want to play this game but just running around for hours to find 10 guns with no ammo and die to players is just not fun or good use of anyone's time. I think one of the reasons old dayZ was way more popular because it was way easier to find guns and when you found guns at least they had a mag in it with full ammo, not saying it should be maxed but at least like something random between 33-100%?

Of course, if you want the game to be mostly just running around and gathering stuff and/or roleplay servers rather than PvP then it is great no questions. I am just not sure what the game is supposed to be on your vision I just know it is nothing like the DayZ mod and its submodels like origin, epoch, etc, and it is kind of disappointing. If I have to guess most people play this game for PvP, fighting with survival elements accompanied and it doesn't seem like where the game is going with the loot system is being restricted by hoarders stashing weapons and weapons not even spawning with mag or ammo. Also, cars and helicopters are not even a big part of the game anymore just so sad to see. 

This game needs less loot time and shorter travel time which will result in more player vs player interactions which I think all agree is the best part of the game and what people seek the most.

er....
thats dayz. running around, the idea is you pick up every bullet at the start, and hold on to it until you find the right gun / magazine. take low tier shotguns, no magazine and shells are everywhere. perfect for surviving. then using that gun, to survive, hunt, kill players to get to military to get sks or other gun. but by then you should have more ammo. i mean come on. you`ve played this game before. i bet you ignore IJ70, stuff, but that in itself an amazing resource, say you collect 100s of bullets for that, and then get a scorpion. its a winning combo. 
when i loot up i pretty much stick to shotgun, then get a cz527 to upgrade to a .308 or sks, and i might have a pistol with me like .357. the .45acp is to rare, so might stick with lower tier,  i used the revolver once as backup in a wolf attack. 

the game isnt getting loot, its the time to get loot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, ImpulZ said:

modified by the caliber the player got hit with." So to clarify, it's not always 7 seconds, it can be longer depending on what knocked you out. This change is a follow-up to our changes in 1.12 that resulted in more players falling uncon during combat. I highly recommend to try it on Experimental yourselves.

Thanks for the reply. I like the difference between the caliber that a player gets hit with. But I still think that 7 seconds is too short. Even when it is just a low caliber round. At least make it 20 or so.

11 hours ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

DayZ is DayZ ... not a TARKOV knockoff.

There are plenty of community/custom pew pew servers that are trying to emulate TARKOV/CoD already.

However at the end of the day, DayZ is supposed to be a survival game first, PvP second.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

There are plenty of community/custom pew pew servers that are trying to emulate TARKOV/CoD already.

However at the end of the day, DayZ is supposed to be a survival game first, PvP second.

I think falling helis would be a nice touch and a good addition as it would create PVP zones for those who want that, should be audible from quite a distance, but faint. idk...
but in my opinion both survival and pvp need to be a focus, if you aim for survival first, then the PVP crowd gets shafted a bit, if you aim for PVP, then survival crowd gets shafted...

yes... dayz is survival sandbox first and foremost in its core, but a lot of players play it for the PVP aspect.

Anyway... regarding 1.13...

Anybody notice zeds damaging clothes waaaay too quickly?

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I think falling helis would be a nice touch and a good addition as it would create PVP zones for those who want that, should be audible from quite a distance, but faint. idk...
but in my opinion both survival and pvp need to be a focus, if you aim for survival first, then the PVP crowd gets shafted a bit, if you aim for PVP, then survival crowd gets shafted...

yes... dayz is survival sandbox first and foremost in its core, but a lot of players play it for the PVP aspect.

Anyway... regarding 1.13...

Anybody notice zeds damaging clothes waaaay too quickly?

Don't think the clothes get damaged any faster than in last update, it still seems pretty random to me.

As for helis as hotspots we already have them, but crash sites spawn out of nothing which is pretty meh. A natural development would be that players can actually see them come flying and crash for whatever reason, which would alert players in a larger area that there's an active heli crash about to spawn. Much like air drops on modded servers, but better.

Edited by Derleth

12 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Don't think the clothes get damaged any faster than in last update, it still seems pretty random to me.

As for helis as hotspots we already have them, but crash sites spawn out of nothing which is pretty meh. A natural development would be that players can actually see them come flying and crash for whatever reason, which would alert players in a larger area that there's an active heli crash about to spawn. Much like air drops on modded servers, but better.

Idk... might just be me... I feel like my clothes are always getting damaged.

Yeah I know that they are somewhat a hotspot now, but yeah, just as you said they really need a falling animation and be visible from quite a distance to make players gather in that area, that would make them even more obvious and even more players would gather around them... loot could be increased too at the helis to make them even more of a reward if that's necessary. 

Edited by DefectiveWater

Dayz is closer and should be closer to survival simulator rather than another stupid pew pew game.

Meeting a player and taking a gun aganist him should be huge deal in dayz rather than "oh I see noob lets kill him" jesus like animals. go play "x1000000 moded pvp weapon x100000 cars" servers

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Unfortunately, I think a lot of players (too many) have only ever seen the game in terms of pew pew, because that's all any game means to them.

Now, I've been playing pew pew DayZ on the Zero Esseker server for about a month now, just for a bit of difference, and it has gotten really stale at this point. There's no survival element. You gear up and head to town until you're shot dead...respawn, repeat. No toon lasts more than a few days.

• Like 1