Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

Нет ответа на этот вопрос.

Я готов поспорить, что подавляющее большинство игроков не будет волноваться из-за лука и, вероятно, даже меньше будет заботиться о том, что глушители спокойно работают против зараженных.

I bet that the bow would be in demand, especially among survivalist players. There are two main types of players in this game - survivalists and shooters.

There are fewer survivalists, but they are still there.

• Like 1

People would like to have the bow back, sure. It's a novelty for a while, until you get a decent gun you can silence.

But it was and never will be a top tier item that would make players who quit come back in their droves.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, maxon-69 said:

I bet that the bow would be in demand, especially among survivalist players. There are two main types of players in this game - survivalists and shooters.

There are fewer survivalists, but they are still there.

🤷‍♂️ never used a bow, silenced guns were always powerful enough and ammo was plenty. Surviving with a gun is not really an issue.

At the same time, stealth is just as doable with melee weapons. 

I just don't see the bow offering such a substantial advantage. I support it, simply because it may suit someone and was in the game already. But I don't see it as an ultimate survival wepon or something like that.

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

I can only speak for my self , but I would play more if they put the bows back in the game as they said it would be from the start.  

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

A ranged weapon that is deadly, absolutely silent shooting ammo that can be recovered would be always a perfect choice in this kind of scenario. But since The Walking Dead is not such a great thing anymore as it was when DayZ started....no more need for Daryl Dixons xD

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

Daryl Dixons

Who is that? if you are saying there is no need for a bow, that is your opinion, if it was up to me I would take the guns out of the game, then see how you would like that.

• Like 2

I often have a choice - to spend time going north for weapons and ammunition, or to stay on the shore and just enjoy the game features (fishing, cooking, building, etc.). Most of the time I stay on shore. Personally, I'm not interested in weapons, but I always want to have them. Bows and arrows allow you not to go on a campaign for weapons. You can be more autonomous. No one disputes which is better - a bow or a weapon. They just have different capabilities. That's what I wanted to say.

23 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

🤷‍♂️ never used a bow, silenced guns were always powerful enough and ammo was plenty. Surviving with a gun is not really an issue.

At the same time, stealth is just as doable with melee weapons. 

I just don't see the bow offering such a substantial advantage. I support it, simply because it may suit someone and was in the game already. But I don't see it as an ultimate survival wepon or something like that.

The greatest advantage of the bow was always that it was craftable with basic mats a freshspawn could scrounge long before finding a working firearm. Now speaking of 0.62 and its loot balance, when getting a gun with matching ammo was not so easy and definitely not something you could count on soon after spawning. Sometimes you got lucky, sometimes the bow was your best ranged option for a very long time. When the bow comes back - through mod or in the unlikely event that we get it in vanilla - the CLE can be brought back another notch from the run-n-gun config it has now. I would not pick it over a rifle or suppressed pistol, but I'd pick it over nothing at all or making too much noise with better geared survivors about.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Private Evans said:

A ranged weapon that is deadly, absolutely silent shooting ammo that can be recovered would be always a perfect choice in this kind of scenario. But since The Walking Dead is not such a great thing anymore as it was when DayZ started....no more need for Daryl Dixons xD

Ohhh my God, you reminded me of the crossbow. I completely forgot about that thing. God, the nostalgia...

• Thanks 1

I get the feeling that adding bow/crossbow physics will require an engine overhaul.  Wouldn't mind seeing it, but doesn't seem likely.  It's great flavor, despite the fact that it becomes less valuable as suppressed weapons no longer attract every infected from half a kilometer away.  /shrug

Well, after playing on vanilla servers, I have a few comments related to the current version.  Some are comments on balance.  Some I should probably report as bugs. 

1.  Ruined body parts of a vehicle change names, creating possible confusion.  For example, a ruined ADA fender displays [+]ADA 4x4 instead of [+]FENDER.  when pristine, worn, damaged, and badly damaged, it says 'fender' not 'ada 4x4'. 

2.  As a balance change, I would recommend tires on wrecks start out as worn or even damaged.   It seems as if cars are more durable, which is good.  As long as the car doesn't become completely useless, all is well.  Cars are no longer completely destroyed when running into a stop sign, but the parts that take normal wear and tear dont require enough maintenance.  I really don't use tire repair kit or the pipe wrench nearly enough.

3. Car wreck parts could be different colors, maybe.  It's not out of flavor to find white doors on a blue ADA.  Right now, I always try to find matching colors for my car because it wont stand out as much.  I want my vehicle on Official servers to be somewhat inconspicuous.  Purely for video game reasons.  I imagine that in a pre-apocalyptic scenario that people would have mismatched colors on their cars. 

4.  Please let us combine Garden Lime.  

5.  I'm not sure but I think infected are attracted to barrels opening and closing.  Would be a non issue if that sound effect bug didn't exist.

6.  Okay, so we can only put empty barrels in the MS3.  That's fine, but we don't need to see the inventory of empty barrels.  If there's a way to close the inventory while it's in the truck, it's not obvious to me.

7.  After using one roll of duct tape on canopy tents, my hands bug out and I can't repeat the action.

8.  Starting a fire inside a home fireplace with just a piece of paper and lighting it works fine.  But when the fire dies out the light is still there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Parazight said:

I get the feeling that adding bow/crossbow physics will require an engine overhaul.  Wouldn't mind seeing it, but doesn't seem likely.  It's great flavor, despite the fact that it becomes less valuable as suppressed weapons no longer attract every infected from half a kilometer away.  /shrug

No engine overhaul needed - not even any new ballistics, Peter or Eugen explained in an interview back in late 2018 or early 2019 that they can just use the physics in place already - simply with much lower "muzzle" velocity on the projectile. Visible projectile is already there with the tracers. What makes it messy for the current team is that it requires a crapload of animation work, so if it is true they don't have any animator that would explain why it is not happening.

26 minutes ago, Parazight said:

6.  Okay, so we can only put empty barrels in the MS3.  That's fine, but we don't need to see the inventory of empty barrels.  If there's a way to close the inventory while it's in the truck, it's not obvious to me.

Indeed, either let us put stuff in the barrels or hide their inventory, showing all that empty space we can't use is just cruel!

• Like 2

You probably missunderstood my post :)...it's still  hard to play with words on the internet sometimes...I am all for bows and crossbows since they are simply belong to any survival game and genre.

cheers 

• Like 1

I remember throwing out cool assault rifles if I found a crossbow. O legendary 0.62. Come back, I will forgive everything

Edited by maxon-69

Haha I remember the absolutely shitty crossbow from the mod xd It was completely useless but looked sexy as fuck...as I wrote before The walking Dead was big thing at that time 🙂

• Like 1

Crossbow from mod I do not know. The 0.62 had its own crossbow. He looked good, but he shot crookedly. But it did not interfere much, I adapted to the curve shooting.

I felt like an assassin)

Server performance is still shit a lot of the time when operating at 60/60.  Can we address?

And yet...I've just been killed with one shot while wearing plate armour AND an helmet?

There's something really fucked up with armour in 1.12

On 6/25/2021 at 4:45 AM, Tonyeh said:

And yet...I've just been killed with one shot while wearing plate armour AND an helmet?

There's something really fucked up with armour in 1.12

a 308 headshot will still kill you, as will a blaze double shot in the head or legs (arms not sure).

^

If it was a headshot, it was a truly remarkable headshot cos I was racing along and zigzagging like a maniac.

Honestly though, this isn't the first time something like that has happened in the last iteration of the game. My experience with armour in 1.12 has been that it's pretty poor and adds little but weight, which goes against what seems to be the idea that it's somehow overpowered now.

Maybe it is a "legs" problem. And BI need to look into that big time, assuming they already haven't in 1.13.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:59 PM, Tonyeh said:

^

If it was a headshot, it was a truly remarkable headshot cos I was racing along and zigzagging like a maniac.

Honestly though, this isn't the first time something like that has happened in the last iteration of the game. My experience with armour in 1.12 has been that it's pretty poor and adds little but weight, which goes against what seems to be the idea that it's somehow overpowered now.

Maybe it is a "legs" problem. And BI need to look into that big time, assuming they already haven't in 1.13.

I had a habbit of aiming at the legs from playing modded servers with stronger armors, now it's the thing to do on vanilla as well, as a single 308 will just break your legs and knock you uncon, essentially the same as a headshot.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:59 PM, Tonyeh said:

which goes against what seems to be the idea that it's somehow overpowered now.

It's overpowered because a Single SKS shot OHKOs till like 300 meters to the unarmored player, unless that got changed.
The gap between no armor and armor is huge now, and needs to be dialed back.

M4 was fine at 55 damage, nobody complained about it being weak, and yet now it does like 96 damage point blank and IDK how much shock.

**numbers might be wrong, but if it's still like that, it's not good IMO.

Balance was good before (armor and no armor, but armor was still worth it), but what lacked was the variety. Both 7.62x39 and 5.56 were exactly the same in terms of damage.
Now... armor is pretty much a must have.

Edited by DefectiveWater

4 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I had a habbit of aiming at the legs from playing modded servers with stronger armors, now it's the thing to do on vanilla as well, as a single 308 will just break your legs and knock you uncon, essentially the same as a headshot.

Except this wasn't unconscious. It was bang -> You Are Dead

And it's not the first time that that has happened either.

Perhaps there's some sort of RNG going on with regards to armour?

Personally speaking, I am having a worse time with armour than I have had in previous patches.

^

So, once again, this has happened. I was wearing an assault helmet with visor and pristine plate armour.

One shot -> You are dead.

It's practically worthless. My experience with armour in this patch is that all it has added is weight. I'm done bothering with it. It's absolutely pointless.

*edit - I respawned close to where I was killed, raced back to my body and everything was still there. The assault helmet and plate carrier were in pristine condition.

Something is definitely not right here.

Edited by Tonyeh

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

^

So, once again, this has happened. I was wearing an assault helmet with visor and pristine plate armour.

One shot -> You are dead.

It's practically worthless. My experience with armour in this patch is that all it has added is weight. I'm done bothering with it. It's absolutely pointless.

*edit - I respawned close to where I was killed, raced back to my body and everything was still there. The assault helmet and plate carrier were in pristine condition.

Something is definitely not right here.

sounds like a cheater, I have no explanation for that tbh.

contrary to your experience plate carrier is absurdly strong and almost every fight I am in ends up in knockouts instead of kills. it sure is heavy tho. one of the reasons I don't bother playing chernarus unmodded anymore, 220km2 map and you can sprint 10m at a time with full gear.

will they ever fix the annoying hand glitches? everyone knows what I am talking about. you killed someone, want to pick up his gun but it does not appear in your hands. you also can't pick it up anymore, but it's still there. worst case, your hands glitch out entirely. your friends see the gun either on the ground or on your character, but you don't. yikes... the more I think about it, the more disgraceful was "fully releasing" the game with such game breaking glitches still in place.