lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

8 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

If I were naked, yes, but I'm dressed, with jacket and pants defined by the same waterproof and well insulated game ... so let's not joke. They are making this game more and more stupid and unrealistic, beyond all logic and obvious evidence. But I am amazed at how many players defend these villainous choices.

It's a game, not a simulation, wouldn't be much fun with 6months in a hospital every time you get shot either.
The point is balance, if that's 2 or 20 stakes, the number is meaningless, what needs to be balanced is the difficulty of getting the amount of items.
Sure make it 2 stakes and x10 as hard to get them, doubt that would make it more fun.

14 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Can the shoes last a little longer? Maybe increase the leather sewing kit to five uses?

NO NO NO... all wrong, just the opposite.
You can't fix one BS with another one!
If the boots break too soon, you can't increase the leather repair kits or even make it infinite. It's BS.
I am not interested in having a kit in every room, in every woodshed or have it running indefinitely...I am interested in having boots that do NOT break so quickly.
This it's absurd and stupid.
This really ruins the immersion in the game.
I have a pair of suede shoes that I used for work (I mounted rock nets on the rocky ridges above the mountain roads) I used them a lot, then I changed jobs, for a few years I even went to the mountains in the snow for bivouacs (European Alps more than 2000/3000 meters, not 400/500 of Chernarus), then I bought some specific mountain boots (with ice crampons)... and I still use these shoes today for outings or for some work... they are very worn but still in good working order.
I do not expect such a thing in a game, exactly because it is a game, but hunter boots, as a hiker or assault boots.... THEY CAN'T BREAK after a few kilometers it's absurd, and unreal ... it's a BS !
Rather make the boots rare, distribute only trainers, which could break even after a few days (DAY, NOT HOURS!) And make the boots rare... but that last a some weeks of play... not days or hours! ! !
This is the right approach for a survival game that also pretends to be a minimum of realism and not to be an idiot pseudo-arcade complex.

The "realism" is reached with "verisimilitude" with real life, NOT with absurd and complicated tricks

Please developers...  (Admin removed unsafe GIF linked from http-page)

Otherwise all serious players will have to migrate to MOD's personal "fixed" servers...
If that's what you're really looking for... you've probably taken the right path...  😟

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

It's a game, not a simulation, wouldn't be much fun with 6months in a hospital every time you get shot either.
The point is balance, if that's 2 or 20 stakes, the number is meaningless, what needs to be balanced is the difficulty of getting the amount of items.
Sure make it 2 stakes and x10 as hard to get them, doubt that would make it more fun.

😃
Sounds like the old discussions about Battlefield and "campers" to me.
Obviously it's a game, but you always play a character in a specific and well-defined context: a post-pandemic scenario in a region under Russia ... you are not an abstract entity in a universe lost in some galaxy, where the rules can also be strange and absurd.
You need a bit of realism in the context in which you are in the game, otherwise how can you "immerse yourself" in the character and immerse yourself in the game?
If this becomes just an endless sequence of absurd and unreal problems and flaws to be faced and solved, it becomes more of a "Rubik's meatloaf" than a "survival pandemic".

🤣  🤣  🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

How many tickets did you create and send on the tracker? You can provide your list.

This is going to turn into a "Who has the biggest shovel in this sandbox?" kind of ordeal...

Fair to say that a significant group of players are starting to take the game way too seriously. Lest not forget that our characters' lives are run by the life rules of the game engine and design, not real life.

Also, I'd like to openly apologize to the forum admins for our litter.

Edited by Masgel
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

😃
Sounds like the old discussions about Battlefield and "campers" to me.
Obviously it's a game, but you always play a character in a specific and well-defined context: a post-pandemic scenario in a region under Russia ... you are not an abstract entity in a universe lost in some galaxy, where the rules can also be strange and absurd.
You need a bit of realism in the context in which you are in the game, otherwise how can you "immerse yourself" in the character and immerse yourself in the game?
If this becomes just an endless sequence of absurd and unreal problems and flaws to be faced and solved, it becomes more of a "Rubik's meatloaf" than a "survival pandemic".

🤣  🤣  🤣

First of all shoes last longer already, something changed in one of the latest patches. Second, the aim of DayZ has never been realism, they aim for that somewhat abstract expression "authenticity". Now, if the in-game hiking shoes would last as long as a pair of high quality hiking boots do in real life - which is years of hard use - the mechanic would be completely irrelevant. Might as well remove the code entirely and spare a few ticks of server performance. So - since this is a game and not a shoe wear simulator - they need to wear down fast enough for the mechanic to have some kind of impact in the game.

Is it perfectly balanced? No, I don't think so. I think there should be a much greater difference between the cheap crappy runners you spawn in and the higher end shoes like military boots, hiking boots or working boots. Currently the difference is noticeable - I always pick hiking boots over military since they do last a lot longer - but imo it should be greater. NOT so much that you can go with the same boots without repairing for a month, but at least two to four times as long. That would make the better shoes stand more apart from the crap ones without making the mechanic itself irrelevant.

I’ve been playing since release on steam, so several years up to this point and don’t agree with everything the devs have done yet still don’t feel the need to be an “idiot” about it, most people have only paid the initial price and have 100s of hours of play time. Sounds like bang for buck to me even with the issues.

(FIFA, COD, Battlefield etc release the same games basically over and over again yet people still buy, we’ve bought once yet more toxicity here than any of them)

Edited by lJamesHalel1
Because DayZ is good value when you look at other companies.
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Masgel said:

Fair to say that a significant group of players are starting to take the game way too seriously. Lest not forget that our characters' lives are run by the life rules of the game engine and design, not real life.

Also, I'd like to openly apologize to the forum admins for our litter. 

A game about the survival of a character in difficult conditions. Difficult conditions are created in the game scenario or there is a threat from the players. Each player should be able to choose the degree of risk in their style of play. You can take risks every 30 minutes or more and not care about the character's life. In such a behavior scenario, game errors will not often be acute for you. Try to survive one month, that's not much for a character. Just one month to beat okay. Use all the content and interactions available in the game.
I had such an experience. My gaming experience allowed me to keep my character in order for more than a month. The character often got problems associated with being stuck in the hands of a coca or object. These were risky moments for the character when things didn't go according to your script. Relogging to the server is a loss of control over the environment. Relogging to the server is not part of the game scenario and is not fun. A very important problem when the forced relog and control is not on the player's side. The player's experience does not save if the character receives a game error that is not related to any scenario.
My character's experience ended after over one month of survival. The character got a problem when the relog to the server did not help to fix the problem. My character could not load mags, could not shoot, could not eat, could not drink or do anything else. I waited for a couple of days when the server was restarted, hoping that the problem would go away. It didn't work. I had enough energy to go down closer to the center of the coastline. I unloaded the character's property into a cache. I couldn't even commit suicide, I had to send the character to the infected. My monthly game balance, between the weight of the character and the speed of movement, the need to always look for something, to replenish stocks - all this did not help to get immersed in survival.
My character was often on the brink of life and death due to inventory errors, and was forced to die due to a stuck inventory error. Inventory errors and frequent errors in syncing players on the server are the rules of life for a game engine and design?

@Riddick_2K, I was hoping for both not just the latter of an increase to 5 uses.  It seems that we both agree... not sure why you said no, no, no.

In my opinion, if the shoes could wear down at 33% of the current rate (three times more slowly), it would be more realistic. At this point it’s so tedious as soon as the pair gets worn after being pristine. Never mind the fact that duct tape is now practically useless.

• Beans 1

On 11/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, Melone (DayZ) said:

It is a pity that this survival game is developed by idiots. I just ate 9 fried wolf steaks and 2 bear steaks and I still see the apple symbol half-filled. I go to McDonalds now and order a chocolate muffin and blueberry muffin and I am full for the whole evening... If regular players are now degraded to beta testers, then Expermental is redundant, isn't it?

AH! another armchair developer. I'm sure you can developer a better game with complex food/water/nutrition/digestive systems. You also realize that while DayZ is realistic, things that affect you IRL time need to be accelerated to be Game Session Time. If you had to only eat+drink every few days, it wouldn't really make sense, in game session time.

Scroll up on this thread and you'll find some explanations about how the nutrition + digestion works.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

Plus, you can't wolf down more than three full steaks at once without the stomach symbol turning up, keep eating then and you'll puke it all up.

I can tell you that this is not the case. Certainly not when I first fired up 1.10 ten days ago. I was stuffing my face with steak and no stomach symbol showed up.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, Tonyeh said:

5 Venison Steaks (above 90%) and 1 small portion of fat (around 25%) first all cooked on an open camp fire.

Then about 15 minutes later, 4 beef steaks (all around 95%), 5 portions of baked fat (varying % levels) cooked in an oven in a house.

Plus 2 (50% level) dried chicken breasts.

I would imagine that this would have my character well stuffed by now and the little stomach icon showing. The Apple icon is full white.

I dunno, maybe I'm just another bite away from it appearing. But it seems to be an awful lot of food in a short space of time to be having to eat. I think I would have puked half of it up in 1.09.

I've been topping up my toon's food each session with a bite here and there (cos there's no way I'm letting a fully geared character die from starvation), so I don't know if the above was due to some server issue or whatever. But he was definitely wolfing down the grub like he was a bottomless pit.

18 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I can tell you that this is not the case. Certainly not when I first fired up 1.10 ten days ago. I was stuffing my face with steak and no stomach symbol showed up.

I've been topping up my toon's food each session with a bite here and there (cos there's no way I'm letting a fully geared character die from starvation), so I don't know if the above was due to some server issue or whatever. But he was definitely wolfing down the grub like he was a bottomless pit.

The initial "hunger" you saw when first booting up 1.10 is because the hunger meter was now accurately reflecting what your hunger was actually at. 

Before 1.10, the apple would fill up, but you would still have a ton of "reserve" space to go before it was "full". The updated simply allowed the UI to better reflect what it took to get full. 

edit: To better put that in perspective, your full energy reserves are 20,000. A piece of fat, the most calorie filled thing in the game, can net you, at most, 1,575 calories. 

Edited by thepoey

18 minutes ago, thepoey said:

The initial "hunger" you saw when first booting up 1.10 is because the hunger meter was now accurately reflecting what your hunger was actually at. 

My character went from full white in 1.09 to yellow (nearly red) 1.10.

He had to stuff a slaughterhouse's worth of meat into him to get back to full white.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. He'll be stuffing his face all bleedin day, so it's neither here nor there and going hungry isn't an issue cos there's an endless amount of food sources around. But the food mechanics are still buggered at the moment.

Edited by Tonyeh

2 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

@Riddick_2K, I was hoping for both not just the latter of an increase to 5 uses.  It seems that we both agree... not sure why you said no, no, no.

In my opinion, if the shoes could wear down at 33% of the current rate (three times more slowly), it would be more realistic. At this point it’s so tedious as soon as the pair gets worn after being pristine. Never mind the fact that duct tape is now practically useless.

I'm sorry but I don't know English and I have to use Google and I understand that what I write must be terrible and I may not make myself understood.
I agree with you (in part) at 50% of the speech. I do not agree with the greater functionality of the leather kit and share in part the lower wear of the boots... but I would say they should reduce it to 25% of what it is now, or even less.
As I have already written, they could make good boot models rarer and consume much less and make other more "mundane" shoes more common. This would be a more realistic approach to the game.
The "no no no" was a comment of exasperation at your proposal to increase the functionality of the repair kit ... because it is precisely the most wrong approach that makes the game more stupid... and I have read so many of this for the DayZ forums, where it seems that a bullshit here and a bullshit is enough to balance the game, but hardly anyone who cares that it is also a logical and plausible system ...
Nothing personal against you, but an exasperation for all the absurd and grotesque proposals to make this (potentially) good game even more stupid and ridiculous.
😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

AH! another armchair developer. I'm sure you can developer a better game with complex food/water/nutrition/digestive systems. You also realize that while DayZ is realistic, things that affect you IRL time need to be accelerated to be Game Session Time. If you had to only eat+drink every few days, it wouldn't really make sense, in game session time.

Scroll up on this thread and you'll find some explanations about how the nutrition + digestion works.

Well... You don't have to be a plumber to understand that a shower in the corridor to "wash yourself in a hurry" isn't a "good plumbing job".
Then... on how exactly to cut, fillet and hemp a pipe, maybe, if you don't know the job, shut up... but that's another matter.

P.S. "DayZ is realistic"... 🤣... if only... that's just what I want but I never see it and often, instead, it just gets worse... 😟

1 hour ago, Getsome said:

Can we get this on vanilla... pretty please. 😊 I'm sure you guys can make a better version anyway. ❤👀

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2303483532

This is a interesting workaround for vehicles bouncing at restart, if not during the session. It doesn't have to keep the shape and I assume it would reduce some cycles.

38 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Well... You don't have to be a plumber to understand that a shower in the corridor to "wash yourself in a hurry" isn't a "good plumbing job".
Then... on how exactly to cut, fillet and hemp a pipe, maybe, if you don't know the job, shut up... but that's another matter.

P.S. "DayZ is realistic"... 🤣... if only... that's just what I want but I never see it and often, instead, it just gets worse... 😟

Those metaphors don't even make sense. We're not talking about a game where a can of beans is the only food and one can fills you. The game has a complicated digestive system that apparently OP thinks was created by idiots. So, because you know how to use a shower,  your plumber is an idiot?!  Then fix it yourself.  

DayZ is a post-apocalyptic zombie game, so "realism" is out the door.  There are functional elements that are realistic - running taking more energy than walking, opening cans, reloading weapons, eating bad food makes you sick, driving w/shifting and on and on and on... BUT, they have to not be too burdensome and they have to occur in game time (not IRL time). 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, ImpulZ said:

We are currently testing a fix for that, we know it's a problem.

Is this live on experimental build for us to test?

I've been plagued with this issue as well (server.core hang)

19 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Yes, the mod has to run client-side as well, otherwise it won't work.

Thanks, it worked perfectly. 

1 hour ago, olyeller said:

This issue seems so random that I can't get my head around it. It hasn't happened to me once, yet on my main server I have over 30 mods (Expansion among them) and on the Test server even more (without Expansion), yet I've heard of folks getting it with less than 15 mods. Seems to be some mod combos that are destructive even though they shouldn't be in conflict, as well as load order and (maybe more than anything) hardware configuration on the server machine itself . I'm just grateful I'm not having the problem.

2 hours ago, olyeller said:

Will come to experimental in the upcoming days.

• Like 1

UPDATE 1.10.153598 (released on 01.12.2020)

FIXED

• A server crash related to actions
  • Fixed a server performance weakness whenever a player connected
  • Attachments of the Gas Stove were disappearing upon reconnect
  • In specific cases, the character could not regain the ability to jump and sprint after healing a broken leg
  • Wrong buttons appeared next to the character customization menu
  • Issues with the unconsciousness state when falling on steep terrain
  • Damaged M3S truck wheels were indistinguishable from the pristine variant
  • Occasional graphical glitch that appeared when interacting with the M3S truck side plates
  • Glass in the windows of the M3S truck turned into pristine state after destroying
  • The Fire Barrel could not be attached to the barrel slots to the M3S truck
  • Empty gaps and ghost inventory slots when attaching a barrel or crate to the M3S truck
  • It was not possible to stop the car engine in specific cases
  • The engine damage point from water level on the M3S engine was too low, causing the vehicle to be damaged in more cases than it should be
  • An occasional issue where the screen could get darker after respawning
  • The player was able to deploy some items on sea water at certain places
  • Temperature on food was fluctuating when cooked on direct cooking slots
  • An exploit for fast cooking, using smoking slots
  • Broken reflectors on the Sarka 120 did not change their texture properly
  • The radiator of the Sarka 120 could not be seen unless you opened the trunk of the car
  • Liquid could be poured or drained to/from closed barrels
  • The actions for draining and pouring liquids could not be switched while in prone
  • It was possible to build the territory flag pole with 3 long wooden sticks

CHANGED

• Improved vehicle stability after the server restart
  • Wetness of an item no longer affects its weight
  • Improved the off-road performance of the ADA 4x4
  • Lowered the transfer of damage from reflectors to the surrounding zones on the Sarka 120
  • The player should not look at the car to be able to stop the engine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

18 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

[cut]

DayZ is a post-apocalyptic zombie game, so "realism" is out the door.

[cut]

As a "video game" it will never be truly "realistic", but it must at least be "plausible", otherwise it becomes a BS.