lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

Is it just me, or have servers been full to the brim over the last few days?

I thought this game was dead/dying? 😁

Any game can be dead if you ignore it hard enough.

Christmas, quarantine, Sunday... 40.000 24hr peak, not bad and

Edited by Kathosky

Official servers are very laggy when full or almost full. Tell me, will they do something about it? it is impossible to play

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, clod999 said:

Official servers are very laggy when full or almost full. Tell me, will they do something about it? it is impossible to play

+1000%

It is interesting that now I am playing on custom server with 127 slots, and no lags there even when it is full. Server has i9 9900k processor which does not cost much. And Bohemia saves money on its servers. Unprofessional, shame!
Because I really want play on official server!

Edited by clod999

19 minutes ago, clod999 said:

It is interesting that now I am playing on custom server with 127 slots, and no lags there even when it is full. Server has i9 9900k processor which does not cost much. And Bohemia saves money on its servers. Unprofessional, shame!
Because I really want play on official server!

127 slots, they're making use of those high rises eh?

I don't know, what is it? It is vanilla server without any mods.

Edited by clod999

On 12/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, clod999 said:

can't do anything about that unfortunately: ping limit is very forgiving, so a lot of laggy high ping players that will drag the performance down greatly. on top, the occasional duper, glitcher or cheater which can also have a toll on the server.

and the servers are probably not top notch hardware but I wouldn't know

21 hours ago, Buakaw said:

can't do anything about that unfortunately: ping limit is very forgiving, so a lot of laggy high ping players that will drag the performance down greatly. on top, the occasional duper, glitcher or cheater which can also have a toll on the server.

and the servers are probably not top notch hardware but I wouldn't know

I and my friend are playing on  DayZ NL 3663855 (Public) - Hosted by Multiplay.com server and we both have ping ~35-40 and I see his moves as teleporting ONLY when server has 50-60 players of 60. So, I dont trust about cheaters and something else. There is some hardware problems on server side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clod999 said:

I and my friend are playing on  DayZ NL 3663855 (Public) - Hosted by Multiplay.com server and we both have ping ~35-40 and I see his moves as teleporting ONLY when server has 50-60 players of 60. So, I dont trust about cheaters and something else. There is some hardware problems on server side.

You nee to learn how to read. It's not about your ping. If people with bad ping are on the server, it will negatively affect the experience of everyone. The worse a players internet is, the more strain it puts on the server.

It's just one of many factors that drive official performance down.

I'm sad ADS lag has not been fixed yet. It's one of those actions that should not be affected by server lag and be predicted/interpolated.

In case anyone doesn't know what ADS lag is, it takes a couple 100ms more on a full server to aim down sights sometimes, compared to offline/ empty servers.

3 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I'm sad ADS lag has not been fixed yet. It's one of those actions that should not be affected by server lag and be predicted/interpolated.

In case anyone doesn't know what ADS lag is, it takes a couple 100ms more on a full server to aim down sights sometimes, compared to offline/ empty servers. 

The server easily reproduces desynchronization for any client on the server, since it is not able to synchronize clients in a stream, and will not synchronize its own desynchronization errors for clients.

16 hours ago, lex__1 said:

The server easily reproduces desynchronization for any client on the server, since it is not able to synchronize clients in a stream, and will not synchronize its own desynchronization errors for clients.

That means?

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

That means? 

This is when you see a player with an object in his hands, who tells you: - "I do not have this object in my hands." It looks stupid, since on his side he does not have any object in his hands. This is bad for the play of the scenario on the servers, and the identification of the player as peaceful or armed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lex__1 said:

This is when you see a player with an object in his hands, who tells you: - "I do not have this object in my hands." It looks stupid, since on his side he does not have any object in his hands. This is bad for the play of the scenario on the servers, and the identification of the player as peaceful or armed.

Yes, desync is bad for the game, no shit. That's why there needs to be better interpolation and players with crap ping and packet loss need to be treated as such by the server. Instead, the server works overtime to try and compute their actions, and we get stupid stuff like ADS lag - somethign that should never be affected by server performance. Unfortunately the game devs seem to have categorized ADSing the same as any other action (like opening doors, picking up stuff and w/e) and as such it is impacted by the same delays as any other action.

Also still not a fan of the new "player controller".

What was supposed to result in more player controll, somehow resulted in less.

You can't move while punching. You can't move while falling down a minor slope. When your die, your character falls back in a 100% fixed animation like in CS 1.6 from 1999. But you can move while eating!

• Like 1

The body feeling of Arma 3 is also so much better...DayZ animations do not have any momentum or feeling of weight...I guess  because of the missing ragdoll. 

14 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Also still not a fan of the new "player controller".

What was supposed to result in more player controll, somehow resulted in less.

You can't move while punching. You can't move while falling down a minor slope. When your die, your character falls back in a 100% fixed animation like in CS 1.6 from 1999. But you can move while eating!

It is way better than what we used to have though. Melee combat was atrocious in 0.62 and before. Agree with the dying animations though... We need ragdolls. It would add so much more immersion to a game such as DayZ.

Sumrak has pretty much said ragdoll is probably never going to happen. I don't remember the exact wording, but the feature is simply not considered worth the required investment in development hours to make it work. Also, there's a bunch of physics related issues with the engine/game as is without adding ragdoll on top. Might be they reconsider the ragdoll feature once those issues and the rest of the backlog is cleared, I know I would definitely prefer ragdoll (for both players and infected) before flying vehicles.

Edited by Derleth

4 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

all i want is the improvised bow...

yesssss sideshow Bob yessss. I am with you all the way on that 1. mwahahahaha

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

You and me both mate. Gief!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

all I want is improve servers performance and more distant grass drawing for easy hiding

On 1/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, amadieus said:

It is way better than what we used to have though. Melee combat was atrocious in 0.62 and before. Agree with the dying animations though... We need ragdolls. It would add so much more immersion to a game such as DayZ.

Nah. Melee combat was way more fun when you could swing and move at the same time. Now you get stun- and animationlocked.

Also miss the deadly fire axe and getting knockouts with a punch to the face. Sure, 1 hit KO was a bit too much maybe, but now it's just straight up arcade nonsense, takes like 8+ punches to the face to knock someone out.

Dying animation probably wouldn't bother anyone if it wasn't for all the lost loot (bodies falling into walls, "landing" mid air etc).

On 1/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, clod999 said:

all I want is improve servers performance and more distant grass drawing for easy hiding

just 8 months ago you used to be able to remove almost all grass outside of a 10m radius around you with super low settings, they already fixed grass so it has a pretty high render distance regardless of that. its good but no PC would handle a higher distance well.

Edited by Buakaw