ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

i played for like 2 hours, uk chernarus server was low pop:

i spawned north at the fisher village. the boats there spawned tons of loot - i had 6 cans of food from them. it seems a bit too much^^

buildings, military tents, farms, sheds on the other hand.... close to nothing respawns.

all the loot im carrying is from infected and the boats, except one empty deagle mag, which was probably dropped by another player before.

i only found one stone, while checking near rocks and walking the hiking paths. luckily an infected offered a can opener later.

every patch weight issues 🙂 a lot of heavier items now only weight 0,25kg. like cardoors, car battery, radiator - probably a lot more items too.

27 minutes ago, etwas said:

i played for like 2 hours, uk chernarus server was low pop:

i spawned north at the fisher village. the boats there spawned tons of loot - i had 6 cans of food from them. it seems a bit too much^^

buildings, military tents, farms, sheds on the other hand.... close to nothing respawns.

all the loot im carrying is from infected and the boats, except one empty deagle mag, which was probably dropped by another player before.

i only found one stone, while checking near rocks and walking the hiking paths. luckily an infected offered a can opener later.

every patch weight issues 🙂 a lot of heavier items now only weight 0,25kg. like cardoors, car battery, radiator - probably a lot more items too.

I've gone through the server files and in general there has been a pretty substantial reduction in canned food that drops. That you found lots in those boats was probably just luck, I'd say you picked up a not insignificant percentage of all food cans on the server... 

For some reason they've removed fruit spawns entirely, I still want to know if this is intended or not. As for the weight thing I think it is only the displayed weight that is wrong, not the actual weight of the item. That's how I read the note in the patch notes (known issue) at least.

Edited by Derleth

32 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I've gone through the server files and in general there has been a pretty substantial reduction in canned food that drops. That you found lots in those boats was probably just luck, I'd say you picked up a not insignificant percentage of all food cans on the server... 

For some reason they've removed fruit spawns entirely, I still want to know if this is intended or not. As for the weight thing I think it is only the displayed weight that is wrong, not the actual weight of the item. That's how I read the note in the patch notes (known issue) at least.

ah i missed the known issues. well if they mixed up the economy with livonia its no wonder the loot is rare. same with the fruit spawns for chernarus, as livonia doesnt offer fruits.

i carried a car battery and there was no stamina drop, holding a cardoor, also didnt make a difference in the stamina bar.

2 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

You forgot something in the patch notes, let me add it for you:

CHANGED

• Removed Loot spawning in buildings

its in the patchnotes:

KNOWN ISSUES

Chernarus servers are currently running the Livonia economy, causing drastic shortages of items in specific locations

• Beans 1

I was glad me and a friend saw a deer stuck in some sort of weird loop.

The deer was going back and forth left and right in An area of aprox 10*10 and seemed to return to the same tree over and over again. Definetly a bug. But it did supply us with food. Otherwise we would have died of hunger.

There was no food to be found. No Stones or knives to kill chickens..... Nothing. 

Did see a lot of basebuilding tho..... 😞

28 minutes ago, etwas said:

its in the patchnotes:

KNOWN ISSUES

Chernarus servers are currently running the Livonia economy, causing drastic shortages of items in specific locations

Haha that wasn’t there yesterday, sneaky edit!

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

No, you are really proving his point mate, it seems you think you're playing pubg with zombies. That is not what DayZ is, it is a survival sandbox game with pvp elements. PvP has never been meant to be the sole focus, there are no pvp "objectives", no kill feeds, leaderboards and other crap like that. Just because we can shoot at each other doesn't mean we have to. The beauty of DayZ is how it has room for a multitude of different playstyles, you decide how you want to play - nobody else does it for you.

As for your obsession with weaponry, for pewpew you already have MP5, UMP45, AKM, AK74, AKS74U, AK101, M4A1, FAL, VSS, SVD and soon enough the RAK and AUG will make a comback and they'll probably add the M249 and Groza too eventually. There is really no need whatsoever in the vanilla game to add more military hardware at this point, it is much more important with balancing, bugfixing and getting missing systems in place, such as broken limbs, heated food losing heat with time, improvised bow and crossbow, weapon painting, leather crafting plus last, but not least, stabilising vehicles and getting the accursed V3S truck into the game. Once all that is in place by all means, toss in some more AR variants. That should be at the very bottom of the list of priorities though.

Then piss of all the AK variations I want more allied ARs and attachments don't need 4 different AKs, too many role playing sooks stick up for the crap these devs dish out, let's add a flag pole why not add more sunglasses and tutus in why your at it. Stick to your modded role play crap.

Also broken limbs just sounds like absolute trash your just going to end up dead or suicide lol total waste.

Edited by matty_21ps

24 minutes ago, motherfucker1990 said:

Pls can you fixed the barbed wire? You fixed that bug with the fence door on patch 1.08 but there is a new server bug with the barbed wire. Pls fix it bohemia!

What server bug would that be? You say there's a bug you you don't say what it is... I haven't noticed anything weird about barbed wire at all recently.

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

That's what I think too 😁

6 hours ago, Getsome said:

Whoopsies…….. 🙂

oh damn, I'm going to diff them right now.

edit - 109 EXP types.xml for Chernarus & Livonia differ by one line.... You are correct and I should have investigated a bit deeper. So, different problem @ImpulZ

Edited by helpthedeadwalk

Please, fix Blaze's double shot. Today It's the same damage as a single shot.

Edited by luc4to

@Derleth/ @helpthedeadwalk thanks for the notice, we are currently deploying a fix for the CE to the Experimental servers 🙂 More to follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Heat and been Cold is a issue. 

Survival elements

How bout coffee or soup and a thermal-flask. U gotta combined soup/coffee in a flask with water nd boil on stove or over a fire somehow. Wen u drink it keeps you warm simular to a heat pack. Drinking Half the flask is as good as a x1 heat pack. Drink full flask = x2 heat packs. Etc

Flask takes up X6 spaces double that of a water bottle. 

Jst an idea

ThanksD

rew

Edited by gibo1987
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, matty_21ps said:

You've just proved my point, you want low tier crap so you can role play being a police man lol, do you even need guns on your no shooting, no being a dick, build a base that will never get raided probably locked  to you and your 2 mates private server. This is a pvpve survival game  not some animal crossing farm simulator game. Not to mention all pistols and smgs are useless.

Kinda strange assumptions that you are making. You sound like you want to have quick military weapons. That is not what DayZ is about. Currently we already have enough military weapons, therefore we need more civilian/police weapons to create a better character progression. I want to spawn in and be happy to get my hands on a Sporter or BK18. I want police stations to be more interesting again, by having them spawn police weapons that are still missing. Currently we only have the Scorpion. By adding the MP133, PM73 it becomes very worthwhile to investigate a police station near a spawn town. Further inland we should start to see more mosins and civilian shotguns. If I remember correctly, the MP5 used to spawn most of the time (or only?) at the police car wrecks in 0.62. This would make police cars wrecks also much more interesting.

In the current game you can find a civilian shotgun with ease at a spawn location. Then it is just a matter to find a long range weapon and to hop over to the military locations to replace the shotgun with an AR. This lacks progression, which would make the game much more interesting and rewarding. I do agree that weapons need balancing though.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

42 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

@Derleth/ @helpthedeadwalk thanks for the notice, we are currently deploying a fix for the CE to the Experimental servers 🙂 More to follow.

The official servers have been restarted with a fix, but the server files on Steam have not been updated yet. Is that coming today or will that wait until there's a client patch to push too?

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, matty_21ps said:

Then piss of all the AK variations I want more allied ARs and attachments don't need 4 different AKs,

You're playing a game that's set in Eastern Europe in the 90's. AR's and whatnot SHOULD be rare and AK's SHOULD be common.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Are there any plans to bring back the ability to spin the cylinder for the MAGNUM?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, modis002 said:

Are there any plans to bring back the ability to spin the cylinder for the MAGNUM?

we’re still missing all speedloaders/clips (mosin,doublebarrel, blaze, sks,revolver etc..)

in case someone dont know what speedloader is:

Spoiler

800px-Clip_M1-SKS.JPG

hks-124-014.jpg

Logging out with a torch in my hand produced this interesting character portrait in the "lobby":

0125C1F55676E323161F72060E2CB2318316BB47

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/18/2020 at 3:17 PM, ImpulZ said:

Fixed the damage calculation of the shotgun when using pellet ammunition

There is no alternative to the shotgun in the game. Damage reduced to pistol level. But that was delayed for 1.09 ... Are you kidding, what would you expect until 1.09? Have a conscience, release updates to the level of the working version of the content. Extensive use of an experimental server is not acceptable for a community server.

20 minutes after you guys released the 1.09 experimental server I had and still have the only Australian public server running. 

We don't seem to get the love down here. 😥

@ImpulZ

So you've updated the official servers with the latest Central Economy, When can I/we expect to receive the file so I can update the only Australian public server please.

• Like 1

Please I would like very much if you put the interface of the xbox one control in the pc version.

I am a pc steam player, and I play with an xbox one elite 2 controller, but the interface, inventory and buttons do not appear as in the console version. and I have to use the mouse and it is very uncomfortable

If I don't like knowing where I can go to comment on it to the developers and include it