Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

22 hours ago, Derleth said:

Most of all I hope they get the weird desync stuff going on under control, along with the dodgy vehicle physics. If those two major issues are taken care of the game will be in a great state.

This and a balanced out basebuilding and I think the game is finally getting there. I don't care that much about helicopters or two-wheeled vehicles. I just want the core game loop to be finally fully functioning after more than one year.  Man, that had to be one of the worst lines that ever came from the dev-team. Releasing DayZ as 1.0 because the core gameplay loop is in place. One year later and cars still kill you and bases still can be raided by a fresh spawn with a hatchet. Ah well, this is just beating a dead horse by now. I just want that to be working and to finally have broken bones and ragdoll effects.

they can add whatever they want, but if the desync is still of no interest...

add ping limit https://mobile.twitter.com/Neoevasion/status/1244585635534569477

I come across this kind of thing a lot.

dl 732,20 mbit/s up 288,20 mbit/s 23ms I don't think it's from my connection.

@Greensek@ImpulZ

Edited by Fixthegame
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, amadieus said:

I just want that to be working and to finally have broken bones and ragdoll effects.

I just want the game to be working properly, with proper mechanics and balance and no fucking downgrades (un-improvements and console-ization bullshit) from 0.6x and all the features that were promised.

Remember when they talked about doing things while in cars for example? Yeah. That is completely off the table I guess. I remember getting excited about that 3 years ago.

But who am I kidding? They moved all ressources off the game, it's never gonna happen, this.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, Derleth said:

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
idk how to delete the post i posted this twice somehow xd

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Seriously tho, who the fuck thought random recoil patterns were a good idea for Dayz? Devs played too much counter strike?????????????

CS has predictable patterns and not random xd

12 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

CS has predictable patterns and not random xd

I am aware. But dayz has patterns now and they look like straight out of CS, except they are random.

1 minute ago, Buakaw said:

I am aware. But dayz has patterns now and they look like straight out of CS, except they are random.

how can something be a pattern and also be random? wtf 

5 hours ago, Fixthegame said:

they can add whatever they want, but if the desync is still of no interest...

add ping limit https://mobile.twitter.com/Neoevasion/status/1244585635534569477

I come across this kind of thing a lot.

dl 732,20 mbit/s up 288,20 mbit/s 23ms I don't think it's from my connection. 

@Greensek@ImpulZ

In Arma3, I could play on a server with a ping of 200ms, and not experience the problems that I have on a DayZ server with a ping of 20-30ms. Even when I'm alone on the server, there is a problem of synchronizing the server and the client, driving vehicles and with items in the inventory. Probably the ping limit will not help, since the problem is somewhere in the mechanism of synchronizing the client and server.

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

how can something be a pattern and also be random? wtf  

If you spray any gun hipfiring, its a beam that swings around the crosshair from left to right and up and down.Or from right to left. Or from down to left.

This is how it looks like when you hipfire right now. 8V3IRE8.png

Makes no fucking sense to me. This is how it should look like when you hipfire.

TUes7Hl.png

Anyway, you are being pedantic. The point is,  fully automatic gun behaviour is retarded in Dayz right now, while it is completely fine and realistic in Arma 2 and 3 and it was fine in previous iterations of Dayz (even if the recoil was absurdly high).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Anyway, you are being pedantic. The point is,  fully automatic gun behaviour is retarded in Dayz right now, while it is completely fine and realistic in Arma 2 and 3 and it was fine in previous iterations of Dayz (even if the recoil was absurdly high). 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149779

Even in the supine position they cannot correct the oblique look. There is no such character with crooked hands in any other game)))))) https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128362

Edited by lex__1

9 hours ago, Buakaw said:

If you spray any gun hipfiring, its a beam that swings around the crosshair from left to right and up and down.Or from right to left. Or from down to left.

This is how it looks like when you hipfire right now. 8V3IRE8.png

Makes no fucking sense to me. This is how it should look like when you hipfire.

TUes7Hl.png

It's fine and realistic in ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 because they are MilSims... previous iterations of DayZ ran on the same engine as ArmA 2... precisely it was Take on Helicopters engine which was basically ArmA 2's engine... that's why it was good in previous DayZ... because it was ArmA 2 with mods basically xD hell.. you could even install ArmA 2 mods into DayZ at that point... DayZ had helicopters in like 2015 because somebody literally slapped a mod into it from ArmA 2 right now... DayZ is on a new engine... they literally started from scratch... over time gunplay will become even better then old DayZ's and honestly you're nitpicking... like gunshot pattern that is randomized like wtf? nobody even notices a difference except you... literally nobody complained about gunshot pattern... ever
So yeah... gunplay will be overhauled... it's pretty simple right now because of the new engine and all that... it even needs a different programming language i think it was C# ? You simply can't copy paste shit from old DayZ and even ArmA now... remember when you could copy paste DayZ's map into ArmA 3 xD 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, lex__1 said:

In Arma3, I could play on a server with a ping of 200ms, and not experience the problems that I have on a DayZ server with a ping of 20-30ms. Even when I'm alone on the server, there is a problem of synchronizing the server and the client, driving vehicles and with items in the inventory. Probably the ping limit will not help, since the problem is somewhere in the mechanism of synchronizing the client and server.

Yeah. It seems to me the problem in DayZ is that one player with really bad connection can fuck up sync for everyone inside his/her "net bubble" even if the server has no other problems with performance. Ping limit does help, since the server will boot his/her behind into the void before too much damage is caused. For example, I play a lot with a friend who is on a terrible mobile line where latency on a busy weekday evening will jump between 200-2000 ms. It is just too much for DayZ to handle, so anyone driving a car within 1km of my friend can and will experience harry potter moments and horrible lag spikes. With a ping limit at around 3-400 he gets kicked every few minutes but cars stay on the ground. Yeah he has ordered fiber...

It would be certainly be nice if it was possible to improve netcode integrity so one guy with bad connection cannot destabilize the server for everyone. Solely blaming flying cars on poor server performance is simply not true.

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

Yeah. It seems to me the problem in DayZ is that one player with really bad connection can fuck up sync for everyone inside his/her "net bubble" even if the server has no other problems with performance. Ping limit does help, since the server will boot his/her behind into the void before too much damage is caused. For example, I play a lot with a friend who is on a terrible mobile line where latency on a busy weekday evening will jump between 200-2000 ms. It is just too much for DayZ to handle, so anyone driving a car within 1km of my friend can and will experience harry potter moments and horrible lag spikes. With a ping limit at around 3-400 he gets kicked every few minutes but cars stay on the ground. Yeah he has ordered fiber...

It would be certainly be nice if it was possible to improve netcode integrity so one guy with bad connection cannot destabilize the server for everyone. Solely blaming flying cars on poor server performance is simply not true.

I totally agree with you. But this does not work very correctly. While the car is on the server on the ground, and the client has a flight with a pirouette to the right or left for 40-50 meters. But this nevertheless creates a breakdown of the car’s motor in a clean field or a car diving into the nearest body of water. Often a car is thrown not at the direction of its movement, but away from the direction of movement or from the road.
The same in the inventory, return after an error to the initial state does not occur. The server stops negotiating with the client after inventory desynchronization. Items may become stuck in hands or disappear from inventory. In the first case, there is not always a convenient case of relog the client to the server. In the second case, there is no way to return the lost item to the customer.
I played a lot of games in Armagh a lot, and I never lost things from my hands or from my inventory. Despite the fact that I had in the past the Internet was much worse than now.

3 hours ago, MathTheRender said:

is DayZ still ongoing? its awfully quiet around here for too long now. That's way too scary!

Release early, release often should be the credo and purpose for experimental so the community can help testing bugs fixes. @BI-managment it's is free manpower! I am also a software developer and in our company we release our preview versions regular at the end of the two week sprints. This creates a consistent flow that ensures that bugs are quickly identified and fixed. Instead of the user having to deal with avoidable mistakes over months and months of trouble.

A perfect example would be the bug that you always have to cut up dead players to get the weapon out of their hands. Without knowing the DayZ source code, it should be possible to fix this in a 1.07.x version and got this tested on experimental without having to wait months for a 1.08.

They said we get 5 updates in 2020.

At this moment we got only ONE Update this year.

v1.07 comes 11 Feb 2020.

And now we have almost end May 2020.

Over 3 Month with nothing, no news, no hints, no feedback no experimental, no previews, no teasers, no communication!!!

WTF is BI doing?

If they need several months for one update, how will they release the last 4 patches in a half year???

26 minutes ago, cj187_berlin said:

If they need several months for one update, how will they release the last 4 patches in a half year???

i would imagine that a large update would take a lot more effort than a smaller one.  in theory they could release one large update that takes 10 months to put out and then 4 small additions in 4 seperate updates after that and they would still be releasing 5 updates this year.  5 updates a year does not necessarily mean an update every 2-3 months.  if that was what they meant then would they not have said "we are planning a new update every couple months this year"?  

in summary:  the next update will be released when it is ready

1 hour ago, cj187_berlin said:

They said we get 5 updates in 2020.

At this moment we got only ONE Update this year.

v1.07 comes 11 Feb 2020.

And now we have almost end May 2020.

Over 3 Month with nothing, no news, no hints, no feedback no experimental, no previews, no teasers, no communication!!!

WTF is BI doing?

51 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

i would imagine that a large update would take a lot more effort than a smaller one.  in theory they could release one large update that takes 10 months to put out and then 4 small additions in 4 seperate updates after that and they would still be releasing 5 updates this year.  5 updates a year does not necessarily mean an update every 2-3 months.  if that was what they meant then would they not have said "we are planning a new update every couple months this year"?  

in summary:  the next update will be released when it is ready

unknown.png

This is DayZ Experimental right now... they are internally testing it... if it doesn't release today... it will 99% next week xD 

1 hour ago, cj187_berlin said:

There has been some info on the next patch and they answer tweets about it almost daily right now. According to the latest tweets they are wrapping up development on the new patch and start testing it.

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

There has been some info on the next patch and they answer tweets about it almost daily right now. According to the latest tweets they are wrapping up development on the new patch and start testing it.

So roughly two months to release then 😄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

So roughly two months to release then 😄

i'm pretty sure 1.08 is next week on experimental... they are in playtesting right now... so next week is experimental to public hopefully... it can't be delayed it just makes sense it's next week there's no way it will not be next week some time around 5-6 pm CET

15 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I think they are hoping Arma4 will take the heat off of them.

Rather, it will be cold, After the cold progress of corrections in ArmA3 and long curves of corrections in DayZ. Most of the problems live in DayZ from version 1.00 - a half years have already passed bro.
Arma Cold War Assault changed five times in 12 years, before Arma3 appeared. Every 3 or 4 years there was a release of a new version of the game. 3-4 years have passed already, as the release of Arma4 should have taken place. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive

In the BIS office, they just sheltered some kind of brake, and have been feeding it since 2012 or 2013.

Edited by lex__1

unknown.png

Brooo i feel like 1.08 is gonna be huuuuuuuuge when they are talking about it like this xD Who knows maybe they actually realized that past 2 updates was kind of a train wreck so they were like... nah we're gonna polish the shit out of next one and fix a bunch of shit and add a bunch of shit as a thank you to players for staying with us... that's what i think... bro i'm so hyped for the update can;t wait until it drops on Experimental i need to find something to keep myself busy and not to think about it
Btw with SteamDB activity on DayZ Experimental and Bohemia saying more info soon on next update... i;m sure it;s gonna be dropping next week on Expy 😄 

Source: https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-recap-may-2020