Tom_48_97

Moving into 2020

On 12/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, hegra said:

Dude, I absolutely know that the earth is round, I absolutely know that the earth revolves around the sun and I absolutely know that I know what I'm talking about, since I am a PVP player. 

From wikipedia:
BCC - sniper rifle special
Cartridge - 9 × 39 mm (SP-5 SP-6, CPR, BP)
Muzzle velocity, m / s 280-295
Sighting range, 400 m (sighting); 250-300 (effective)
Kind of ammunition - box magazine for 10 or 20 rounds

SVD - Dragunov sniper rifle
Cartridge - 7,62 × 54 mm R
The initial bullet velocity, m / s - 830 (SVD) 810 (SIDS)
Sighting range, m - 1200 (iron sight)
1300 (riflescope), 300 (and night sights NSPUM NSPU-3)
Kind of ammunition - box magazine of 10 rounds

Just compare the basic characteristics - the two are not interchangeable rifle for long range combat. Each has its own purpose in the range of combat.

Edited by lex__1

Hello, I'm a dayz player that helps fresh spawns and lately my team and I have be talking about what should be added to dayz

The first thing is adding back the ducktape glitch you know the one. We all relied on it and it would mean the world to me if you add it back

The second thing is. I have been going around the servers and asking questions like should you be able to make a bow and arrow. 72% of them said yes. So please let us make bows, it would make it easier for fresh spawns to get a weapon to defend it self.

The third is to reduce the zombie health and refuse the area where it can sense you.

The last thing is. It would be cool if there was dirt bick or any bicks. Let's say you guys can add in a bick that relays on how much stamina you have. If you want to go faster your stamina will drain. It would be a bit faster than running around.

Ps. I would try to refuse the blood drain for one cut. I get cut and I have one cut I bleed three arrows down. It's like if I get a paper cut I bleed out in five minutes 

This is the things I would love to see in dayz around early 2020.

By The kame police

7 hours ago, Justin Hawkins said:

adding back the ducktape glitch you know the one. We all relied on it

No, we did not all rely on it.   Bringing back an unintended bug is a terrible idea.  Having an unlimited resource on repairing items is not balancing.

So please let us make bows,

They didn't decide to take bows out.  They haven't gotten around to re-implementing it.

It would be cool if there was dirt bick or any bicks.

Bike?  Huge technological hurdle that has been stated several times.  BI isn't opposed to bikes, at all.

Ps. I would try to refuse the blood drain for one cut. I get cut and I have one cut I bleed three arrows down. It's like if I get a paper cut I bleed out in five minutes

You can use rags to patch up cuts.  Bandages do it even faster.  If you're bleeding out and it isn't because of bullet wounds or wolf attacks then you're not paying attention to your indicators.

• Thanks 1

@Tom_48_97 I'm currently developing a new MAP for Dayz, it would be nice if we had an editor like A3 ones.

placing all the towns with BD its time consuming and annoying....

Hoping in 2020 some Updates on the TerrainTools!

16 hours ago, Justin Hawkins said:

The first thing is adding back the ducktape glitch you know the one. We all relied on it and it would mean the world to me if you add it back

8 hours ago, Parazight said:

No, we did not all rely on it.   Bringing back an unintended bug is a terrible idea.  Having an unlimited resource on repairing items is not balancing.

These days it's getting harder and harder to tell if someone is an idiot or a troll, don't you think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

These days it's getting harder and harder to tell if someone is an idiot or a troll, don't you think?

Truedayzfan has a new account apparently 😄

• Haha 1

Glad to see youre dedicated to squashing this bug that has been reoccuring for more than 4 years... wait didnt the new engine promise to cut out all these bugs and make patching and iterating new features easier? sure doesnt seem that way to me.

I love this game , and i play it far more than all the weekend warriors here (10k hours between the standalone and the mod) but i hate to see it mismanaged like this. You can fool all the new people into thinking youre a well oiled machine , but to someone like me whos been a day one fan boy i only see more disappointing long breaks with incredibly frustrating bugs that shouldnt be present in a ("finished") 1.0 game.

I will continue to play , but if we dont see soft skills , barricading , aerial vehicles and all the huge talking points that we invested in your game for by 2020 , then all faith in you will be lost : at least by the vets and day ones ... you will keep your new console crowd , but what are they worth when they are content to just shoot eachother on the coast until this game is shut down?

If anyone remembers promises of picking up your pilot friend to fly your heli to your medic friend so he can perform surgery on your electrical engineer buddy whilst avoiding hordes of zombies and contaminated zones. then dont let these devs constantly drag their feet and lets instead,  push for something greater than this mess we have now; as what we have now is nothing but another shallow PVP deathmatch with a lot of fluffy survival things added on top. We need soft skills to create a player economy, we need aerial vehicles because this was the heart of the dayz mods vehicle heirarchy , and we need hordes of zombies (although we are getting close on that one i will say), and ; lastly we need these random legacy bugs to be quashed that this team cant seem to get rid of despite being on the new holy grail of engines which devs constantly touted was going to solve so many of their engine issues.....

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

21 hours ago, Justin Hawkins said:

Hello, I'm a dayz player that helps fresh spawns and lately my team and I have be talking about what should be added to dayz

The second thing is. I have been going around the servers and asking questions like should you be able to make a bow and arrow. 72% of them said yes. So please let us make bows, it would make it easier for fresh spawns to get a weapon to defend it self.

The third is to reduce the zombie health and refuse the area where it can sense you.

The last thing is. It would be cool if there was dirt bick or any bicks. Let's say you guys can add in a bick that relays on how much stamina you have. If you want to go faster your stamina will drain. It would be a bit faster than running around.

This is the things I would love to see in dayz around early 2020.

By The kame police

We used to have bows and the ability to create them , just one of the many things dayz devs took out because of "engine" issues. They said it would come back with the new engine but alas, here we are 2+ years into the implementation of the new engine and still so many things are broken or not implemented (again). The funny thing is theres so many READDED things in the patch notes and the devs hardly recognize it as *READDED* they just say "added" or some other synonym of that word as if they want us to believe that half of the things are completely new when in reality they are being readded.

Unfortunately devs are focused on capitalizing on console copies and paid dlc  instead of constantly forging towards the feature complete , major-bug-free Dayz that we originally bought and supported the game for so many years for ; fighting against leagues of hackers , scam-claimers and dupers. Queue the "different teams make those console versions and dlcs" response, but then realize we are still playing the same dayz we were last christmas: "1.0X" version with plenty of bugs. Suddenly those different teams arent making a difference in the speed of development anymore....

Someday Dayz will be the game that it should be , but for at least the next half year or more were looking at the devs stumbling over themselves to fix the inventory and car issues (cars and/or your character warping away at reset if you dont get out, if the server crashes while driving the car sometimes gets eaten by server, etc) while we essentially are playing a robust version of an open world deathmatch game with some neat survival and vehicle features added atop.

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

On 12/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

If you are a PVP player then you would know that VSS is like a crossbow for long range... It's kinda poop.. It's meant for relatively close range and stealth kills without sound nor flash... Only sound they hear is the sound of bullets going pass their head.. It's not a deadly sniper that can take apart a human from 1000m like a Barret. 50cal or Mosin... Or SVD... It's a 9mm there is a reason why the armor piercing version exist

You have zero clue what you're talking about. The effective firing range of the VSS is 300 meters. It's a very deadly sniper weapon because it's a high caliber (9x39mm). It isn't even the same as a 9mm which you portray it out to be, which is the well known 9x19mm. The weapon is very effective at close range and stationary targets because of the cartridge. It's a slow cartridge which makes it hard to shoot at moving targets on longer range.

Although I personally don't like the gun due to only having a 10-round magazine, it can be used very effectively if used correctly. With a well placed shot, you can take someone out instantly. Also, for some reason the gun is very loud despite being interenally suppressed and shooting subsonic ammo, which I hate it for as well.

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, Justin Hawkins said:

The duct tape: Do you even understand what you are typing? "Duct tape glitch" means it was not intended to be there to function in that way, because... it's a... glitch. Like "ghost bullets" are a glitch at the moment. Your request is beyond stupid, it's a special kind of stoopid. In conclusion, when you run out of duct tape, go find more you cheating bag of crap. Quack-Quack!

The Infected bit: Get better at stealth you careless clodhopper. Either that or improve your environmental awareness. You are failing at one of these two things.

9 hours ago, IMT said:

You have zero clue what you're talking about. The effective firing range of the VSS is 300 meters. It's a very deadly sniper weapon because it's a high caliber (9x39mm). It isn't even the same as a 9mm which you portray it out to be, which is the well known 9x19mm. The weapon is very effective at close range and stationary targets because of the cartridge. It's a slow cartridge which makes it hard to shoot at moving targets on longer range.

Although I personally don't like the gun due to only having a 10-round magazine, it can be used very effectively if used correctly. With a well placed shot, you can take someone out instantly. Also, for some reason the gun is very loud despite being interenally suppressed and shooting subsonic ammo, which I hate it for as well.

*laughs in 7.62x54mmR*

On 12/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, Tom_48_97 said:

With 2020 around the corner, we are finishing our new roadmap, and we will share our goals, highlight the key updates, and talk a bit about this second year of post-release support, in January.

All I'm waiting for is a melee combat rework and infected polishing. I hope those two are part of your early 2020 goals. Probably 90% of infected kills are done via melee combat. Improving both these aspects will make the game a hell of a lot smoother. 

- Introduce a blocking sound indicator so it actually feels like you're blocking attacks.

- Infected somehow ending up behind you as you attack really needs to get taken care of.

- Different melee weapons should have different properties (Sledgehammer having a higher chance of KOing somebody, sharp weapons bleed you out faster)

- Infected climbing AI really needs to get improved. They should be able to hop on car hoods and follow you up there or at least have an upwards swinging attack so that jumping on top of low hanging objects isn't an instant safe space from infected anymore.

- Give infected the ability to bash doors open after a reasonable amount of time OR if that's too complicated to implement, randomize the doors in buildings so that some buildings have broken doors that can't be interacted with. That way, not every building can be a safe space from infected.

DayZ as a survival game is really coming along, hopefully these things are on the priority list for the dev team. Happy holidays!

• Beans 3

On 12/26/2019 at 5:11 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

If anyone remembers promises of picking up your pilot friend to fly your heli to your medic friend so he can perform surgery on your electrical engineer buddy whilst avoiding hordes of zombies and contaminated zones.

I 'member!

Moving into 2020, I hope DayZ gets a bunch of time sinks.  We need more crafting, including leather tanning.   The title needs complicated and difficult food crafting to get small, almost insignificant food buffs.  A food item that lowers your stamina consumption rate for a short while, while running, for example, would give people something to do.  Dyeing clothing.  Bow and arrow crafting.  Again, timesinks.  People need things to do that will keep them in game but not necessarily give them an edge in a combat situation.  

Mods like BuildAnywhere are excellent.  Removing collision restrictions on Watchtowers, Fences, and all but tents opens up avenues for players to be creative.  This opens up HUGE timesinks.  The only problem with BuildAnywhere is tents, really.  Tents are a mess.  You can stand on top of them and they're bulletproof, immovable objects at times.   What to do with tents right now is a real issue.   In my opinion, they should not be storage items.  Maybe they should protect you from the rain and that's it.   We really don't need them for storage.  Tents are a horrible option to store anything valuable.  The only real value that tents hold right now is that you can stand on them and use them to block off entrances.   Both uses are absolutely not authentic and create a broken system.  We have many persistent storage items already like, barrels, crates, drybags, protector cases, cars, ammo boxes, and potentially furniture in houses.  We don't really need tents to store things.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

5 things I'd like to see 2020

1. Fractures (im tired of people torpedoing around in gunfights, atleast let me break their legs)

2. Zig Zagging removal (it wouldn't hurt to make the sprinting cancel sooner when a player turns to much, a little jog in the meantime wouldn't feel out of place)

3. Base building & stashing re-haul (Buried stashes should be ruined in 7 days unless in a protective case, this is to help the military loot economy & bases should be the best place to stash)

4. Zombie hoards and zombies breaking doors (zombies are a joke, please give me reasons to shoot them)

5. Two way doors ( the doors in DayZ are the worst gaming has seen, they trap you & glitch you around if you don't step away from them when you open them)

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Will we atleast get a Linux Server version in 2020?

2018 we got told "its in the works" sience then we never recieved info again. 

48 minutes ago, Gronkhou said:

Will we atleast get a Linux Server version in 2020?

2018 we got told "its in the works" sience then we never recieved info again. 

They cant get the codes right in Windows..... Their main platform. Wouldnt get my hopes up for a functioning Linux version.

Truth be told i hope they dont. Lets get A version working properly.... 

The wait has been long enough

On 12/25/2019 at 7:46 PM, Justin Hawkins said:

By The kame police

I would say to increase their health. They are rather easy atm. 

10 minutes ago, Danlow said:

I would say to increase their health. They are rather easy atm. 

2 ways for infected. Either weaker but with more or lesser but stronger. Its either or.

Chance of bleed is good imo. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure infected need a lot of tweaking right now.   On a low pop server where you don't have to worry about players shooting at you as much, they are much easier.  If you're fighting off zombies while dealing with hostile players then suddenly zeds don't need to be tougher.

Perhaps an adjustment to their behavior.  If you have a good amount of stamina and an axe, you're set.  Let them charge.  Block before they hit you.  If they swing right away before stopping you can block without taking damage.  If they run at you, briefly stop, and then swing, you better dodge or keep backing up to avoid all damage.  Infected are easy when you're patient. When it counts, zombies can be overwhelming.

8 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

5. Two way doors ( the doors in DayZ are the worst gaming has seen, they trap you & glitch you around if you don't step away from them when you open them)

I'd agree.  Maybe a change in doors.  There are definitely collision issues sometimes.  Getting thrown around by doors can be annoying.  Somewhat related, It might be nice to see doors randomly broken in an open state, but fixable!  Maybe this would add another element or even make infected more challenging.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:11 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

If anyone remembers promises of picking up your pilot friend to fly your heli to your medic friend so he can perform surgery on your electrical engineer buddy whilst avoiding hordes of zombies and contaminated zones. then dont let these devs constantly drag their feet and lets instead,  push for something greater than this mess we have now; as what we have now is nothing but another shallow PVP deathmatch with a lot of fluffy survival things added on top. We need soft skills to create a player economy, we need aerial vehicles because this was the heart of the dayz mods vehicle heirarchy , and we need hordes of zombies (although we are getting close on that one i will say)

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Soft Skills are key feature for a much deeper experience.

Players should get attached to their characters, spawn with random basic skills and work their way with what they have.

I really wish that BI will dedicate 2020 for developing these aspects of the game.

Edited by Tarkules

The main thing that needs fixing with the infected is them getting stuck on things.  To me, there's nothing more annoying than being surrounded by infected that would otherwise be causing me concern, but are all stuck on doors/fences/etc. so they are no threat at all.

I think having infected break through doors would be an amazing tweak to the game.  No longer would you be able to evade them (at least not completely) by entering a building and closing the door behind you.  They should be able to hit the door with both hands like they do to players and maybe after a random amount of hits say between 5 and 10, the door opens.  This would also highlight player locations to other players nearby since the infected would only bang on doors with someone inside.

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

The main thing that needs fixing with the infected is them getting stuck on things.  To me, there's nothing more annoying than being surrounded by infected that would otherwise be causing me concern, but are all stuck on doors/fences/etc. so they are no threat at all.

Speaking of infected getting stuck, they seem to funnel through doors super slowly one at a time, infected breaking doors would be inconsequential until they are able to funnel in quicker & multiple funnel in at a time. The way infected work now it would be meta to just block their entrance as you take them out one by one.

Edited by Robzom11

On 12/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

We used to have bows and the ability to create them , just one of the many things dayz devs took out because of "engine" issues. They said it would come back with the new engine but alas, here we are 2+ years into the implementation of the new engine and still so many things are broken or not implemented (again). The funny thing is theres so many READDED things in the patch notes and the devs hardly recognize it as *READDED* they just say "added" or some other synonym of that word as if they want us to believe that half of the things are completely new when in reality they are being readded.

Unfortunately devs are focused on capitalizing on console copies and paid dlc  instead of constantly forging towards the feature complete , major-bug-free Dayz that we originally bought and supported the game for so many years for ; fighting against leagues of hackers , scam-claimers and dupers. Queue the "different teams make those console versions and dlcs" response, but then realize we are still playing the same dayz we were last christmas: "1.0X" version with plenty of bugs. Suddenly those different teams arent making a difference in the speed of development anymore....

Someday Dayz will be the game that it should be , but for at least the next half year or more were looking at the devs stumbling over themselves to fix the inventory and car issues (cars and/or your character warping away at reset if you dont get out, if the server crashes while driving the car sometimes gets eaten by server, etc) while we essentially are playing a robust version of an open world deathmatch game with some neat survival and vehicle features added atop.

Why are you lying? New engine has been out for only 1 year... ya know 0.63 released in end of 2018 😛 it's not 2+ years it's impossible.. 0.60 to 0.62 was new engine render and not the whole engine... only rendering part of it.. you can call it a hybrid i guess... 0.63 is full engine