Tom_48_97

Moving into 2020

11 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Why are you lying? New engine has been out for only 1 year... ya know 0.63 released in end of 2018 😛 it's not 2+ years it's impossible.. 0.60 to 0.62 was new engine render and not the whole engine... only rendering part of it.. you can call it a hybrid i guess... 0.63 is full engine

That's not the point @MaxwellHouse69420 is making.

Your totally missing it, again.

You are again Just here to attack and undermine others all the while not discussing the build itself.

Seems your break didn't help.

OT: i kinda love and hate the funneling of Zeds. I would like to see the door busting and window climbing that was talked about way back. We need to stay onder Z pressure. If they are not plentyfull they need to be smart and dangerous.

Edited by McWendy
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

A new roadmap 2020? Really looking forward to this.

Aside from bugfixing i am really curious what they are going to do about the following topics:

1. Aviation

bumblebeeAirplane01.png

2. Two-Wheeled Vehicles (and other vehicle related issues)

dirtbike_1.png

bicycle_1.png

3. Basebuilding

We got walls, floors, gates and towers. I really wouldn't mind a wall with a simple door or window - shouldn't that be easy to convert by using the gate mechanics? (just assuming here, but kinda sounds possible, right?).

And the tent issues have already been touched - a simple suggestion would be that "burn tent" interaction from the Arma2 DayZmod (or "destroy" with a knife for my sake). Just to resolve the path blocking issue...

Edited by wype
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

That's not the point @MaxwellHouse69420 is making.

Your totally missing it, again.

You are again Just here to attack and undermine others all the while not discussing the build itself.

Seems your break didn't help.

OT: i kinda love and hate the funneling of Zeds. I would like to see the door busting and window climbing that was talked about way back. We need to stay onder Z pressure. If they are not plentyfull they need to be smart and dangerous.

i hate you... 
So correcting someone is considered as attack and undermining.. you're soo funny you attention seeker 

now.. FUCK OFF FROM ME YOU'RE ANNOYING 

On 12/31/2019 at 7:46 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i hate you... 
So correcting someone is considered as attack and undermining.. you're soo funny you attention seeker 

now.. FUCK OFF FROM ME YOU'RE ANNOYING 

Don't act like that here. This is your last warning.

Topic, please.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 1:37 AM, McWendy said:

We need to stay under Z pressure. If they are not plentyfull they need to be smart and dangerous.

3 Main threats in DayZ:

1. Other survivors - ✓

2. Hunger and thirst - ✓

3. Infected - nope.

Last puzzle piece to the PvE dilemma.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

To be fair it is fairly easy to make zombies more than a minor nuisance by simply increasing their numbers. When making a little noise in a city brings 30-40 infected running for you, shooting your neighbour is no longer without consequence. Personally I'd rather have half the number of players and thrice the zombies, 60 players is too crowded for PvE anyway, there's always someone who can't resist shooting anything that moves rather than cooperate.

In the best of worlds we could have both, let's hope they can get server performance there one day. In the meantime I'd love to see infected break down doors and climb through windows* - provided we get the option to board up windows and barricade doors as a complement to base building. 

Oh, and base buildings that actually keep AI out, it is a bit disheartening to spend a week building a base and then see wolves and infected running through the walls as if they aren't there...

*) When the amount of zeds outside a building reaches some critical point this actually happens already. Of course not intended, but they kind of push each other up and through the bigger windows. Scares the crap out of me when it happens, just needs proper animations to be a cool feature 😁

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 4

22 hours ago, Derleth said:

To be fair it is fairly easy to make zombies more than a minor nuisance by simply increasing their numbers. When making a little noise in a city brings 30-40 infected running for you, shooting your neighbour is no longer without consequence. Personally I'd rather have half the number of players and thrice the zombies, 60 players is too crowded for PvE anyway, there's always someone who can't resist shooting anything that moves rather than cooperate.

In the best of worlds we could have both, let's hope they can get server performance there one day. In the meantime I'd love to see infected break down doors and climb through windows* - provided we get the option to board up windows and barricade doors as a complement to base building. 

Oh, and base buildings that actually keep AI out, it is a bit disheartening to spend a week building a base and then see wolves and infected running through the walls as if they aren't there...

*) When the amount of zeds outside a building reaches some critical point this actually happens already. Of course not intended, but they kind of push each other up and through the bigger windows. Scares the crap out of me when it happens, just needs proper animations to be a cool feature 😁

You hit the nail on the head about server performance limiting what the game can be. Hopefully the devs can improve performance somehow. 

Good points about infected. My main gripe with them too is melee combat against them is a spamfest and requires no skill (if you choose to do it that way). If you spam the light melee attack on ANY weapon, the infected can't even get an attack off. You get off scratch free as long as you do 1v1 and even though you completely deplete your stamina you can still spam it . If anyone's played Chivalry Medieval Warfare, on that game if you completely deplete your stamina spamming attacks there's a 2 second period where you struggle to catch your breath, your weapons lower and your vision narrows and you can't attack or block. Melee fights would be more drawn out and not complete spamfests. Overencumbered survivors will be at a disadvantage against someone who travels light. Attacks would have to be somewhat timed. Could be a step in the right direction to improving melee combat. Make it happen devs 🙂

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Like 3
  • Beans 2

12 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Good points about infected. My main gripe with them too is melee combat against them is a spamfest and requires no skill (if you choose to do it that way). If you spam the light melee attack on ANY weapon, the infected can't even get an attack off. You get off scratch free as long as you do 1v1 and even though you completely deplete your stamina you can still spam it . If anyone's played Chivalry Medieval Warfare, on that game if you completely deplete your stamina spamming attacks there's a 2 second period where you struggle to catch your breath, your weapons lower and your vision narrows and you can't attack or block. Melee fights would be more drawn out and not complete spamfests. Overencumbered survivors will be at a disadvantage against someone who travels light. Attacks would have to be somewhat timed. Could be a step in the right direction to improving melee combat. Make it happen devs 🙂

This is true as long as you take the infected on 1 on 1, and that is actually fine by me. When you have a minor horde after you it's a whole other ballpark, you need to use blocking and evading, as well as moving and pausing to regain stamina, or you'll be quickly overwhelmed. I prefer it that way to be honest, if fighting a lone zombie was a struggle it would become a chore.

Last night I was swarmed and killed three times on my own server. I've done nothing to the zeds but increase their numbers. It is enough to make them dangerous if you mess up or run about without planning ahead. I like it that way.

Infected can of course still be improved a lot, they need more variety of sound and animations, and their corpses must stop falling into walls. Plus the aforementioned door busting and window climbing. Oh yeah, hordes on vanilla too..

Edited by Derleth
  • Haha 1

Bohemia failed his road map from early acces to final version and telling now about new one for 2020 ? I was love Your games guys but with Dayz You showing Your true nature slowly by not full fill Your promisses.

Version 1.0 and even now 1.06 should be still early acces. Its there missing many, many things what Your road map was telling us before and still is bugged as hell and with some really dumb mechanics like keep bleeding every two steps while shoes are destroyed.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

This is true as long as you take the infected on 1 on 1, and that is actually fine by me. When you have a minor horde after you it's a whole other ballpark, you need to use blocking and evading, as well as moving and pausing to regain stamina, or you'll be quickly overwhelmed. I prefer it that way to be honest, if fighting a lone zombie was a struggle it would become a chore.

Last night I was swarmed and killed three times on my own server. I've done nothing to the zeds but increase their numbers. It is enough to make them dangerous if you mess up or run about without planning ahead. I like it that way.

Infected can of course still be improved a lot, they need more variety of sound and animations, and their corpses must stop falling into walls. Plus the aforementioned door busting and window climbing. Oh yeah, hordes on vanilla too..

I don't think they'd be a struggle 1v1 even with that 2 second window where you catch your breath after depleting all your stamina. Most infected can be 1 shotted with a precisely timed heavy attack (Which I think only consumes 1/4 of the stamina bar?) or 2-4 light attacks which shouldn't drain your stamina at all. But yeah, I feel like melee PvP would benefit from this more than infected melee combat but will definitely improve both.

Tbh I've just kinda resigned with the idea of getting more infected spawns cause high population servers with multiple persistent objects and bases and cars just can't seem to handle it. I think the best way to make infected a threat is to take away all the shortcuts against them. Don't get me wrong, I wish we can just crank up the numbers. I tried. But being completely honest, I think they're going to up the max number of players before they increase infected population. Namalsk supposedly is going to be way smaller than Livonia and Chernarus but with the same amount of infected so I'm excited for that.

Just lost a character that had been alive for about a month while backing a car out of a car tent because cars in this game still don't fucking work. Absolutely pathetic that this still happens. 

I know that. My fault for thinking otherwise. Don't drive cars in this game, don't build bases, don't do this, don't do that. I had a good run, but I think this was finally it for me. 

Sucks that after all this time, DayZ is still in this state. It's disappointing, frustrating, and inexcusable. No point in waiting to see what 2020 brings. I know the answer.  

I've enjoyed my time with it over the years, but it finally hit me that it's really never going to get any better. Too many broken promises, too much "potential" for things that this Dev Team is either unwilling to, or simply incapable of delivering. I would not be surprised if DayZ gets abandoned sometime this year, leaving it up to the "community" to the finish; hope ARMA 4 is worth the backlash, BI. 

I am tired of what passes for community management. Tired of saying the phrase "it's desynced" 500 times every play session. Tired of the constant lack of communication. Tired of the constant game breaking bugs. Tired of the lack of promised features. Tired of the endless exploits and cheats. i've made far too many excuses these things, but I think this was just one pointless death too many. I'm sure the people working on it are busting their asses, but, it's just too little too late at this point. 

Later, DayZ. It's been fun, except when it hasn't.   

Edited by thepoey

Alright we've heard enough rambling from the "hardcore" "survivalists" so now I'm going to offer my top 5 recommended development priorities for 2020. This list is certainly not exhaustive.

1) Triple guns and ammunition. This would be an easy minor code tweak.
2) Make tanks drive-able.
3) Increase player count to 200 per server.
4) Add rocket launchers and bazookas.
5) Remove hydration and energy depletion (but keep animations to appease role-players) to allow more time spent on the battlefield.

I can guarantee if these PvP military mayhem changes are implemented this will be the most hardcore survival experience to date. DayZ is about having fun first and foremost so we need to ditch all the simulation nonsense and make the game-play action up to par with modern standards.

Thank you developers for your hard work now let's take DayZ to the next level and realize its authentic vision in 2020.

Edited by ATrueDayZFan

2 hours ago, Johnathan-8c84f8aac2ac78f9 said:

bring back these weapons plz 

1.magnum  2.steyr aug  3.crossbow  4.improvised bow  5.derringer  6.longhorn  7.p1 pistol

8.repeater  9.sporter 22  10.trumpet  11.mp-133 shotgun with pistol grip 

12.pm73 rak

Yes bring'em back and triple their ammo capacity.

hey i really love DayZ and its my favorite but the game is not to popular but i have some really good ideas to make it as big or bigger then Escape From Tarkov, Fortnite, Rust, and more...my ideas are down below...i really hope someone see this

1.Add a giant mall in a city with stores inside were you can find Clothes, Weapons, Mags, Etc

2.please update the graphics and make it look more polished 

3.add a Weapon spectate mode in the menu were you can spectate all the weapons in the game 

4.add a gun store in a city and it resets its loot every 4 hrs

5.i really want neighborhoods

Edited by PE4CE
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, PE4CE said:

hey i really love DayZ and its my favorite but the game is not to popular but i have some really good ideas to make it as big or bigger then Escape From Tarkov, Fortnite, Rust, and more...my ideas are down below...i really hope someone see this

1.Add a giant mall in a city with stores inside were you can find Clothes, Weapons, Mags, Etc

2.please update the graphics and make it look more polished 

3.add a Weapon spectate mode in the menu were you can spectate all the weapons in the game 

4.add a gun store in a city and it resets its loot every 4 hrs

5.i really want neighborhoods

Nah that would suck. 

5 hours ago, Ward de Vries said:

Nah that would suck. 

how i think it would be cool

Hey I just want to ask if you guys can fix the rain cycle it seems to rain every 10min then I'm stuck in a house for 20min as it rains or you just get sick and die! Just if you could can you ease up on the rain just a touch?? If possible? Thanks 

This game need some scenario editor like in Arma 3 and some build-in pve/objective focused game modes (not only PVE ofcourse). I think this would be cool. Like dayz was created as a mod for arma 2, now dayz should "borrow" some features from arma. Too bad there is no "human" AI in dayz.

Hello Everyone! I just want to say i got DayZ after Christmas of 2019 and am having a blast! Ive watched many youtube vids (shout out to Youtuber Frankie) in the early days of dayz when it was only a mod and always wanted it but never got it due to not having a good enough pc. Now that its on PS4 i am finally able to play it. Some key things i hope they focus on this year:

Of course bug fixes

More storage containers (gun racks, gun cases, etc)

Rainwater Catching system using a tarp and a barrel

Loads of New clothing such as a really cool hood that ive seen from mods on youtube. Shout out to youtuber Nezar. Ive seen this hood model from his playthrough. Looks super awesome!

Some new weapons both melee and gun

Bicycles (most common vehicle to find)

Helicopters and boats. (Would make prison island a more viable base location) 

The ability to use tools to breakdown large items and place it into a small box for transport. (Saw this on Nezar's vids on the modded server)

More base building options such as:

Ladders

Stairs (not watchtower stairs)

Platforms (that are half the height of walls to attach stairs to to be able to peak over the wall)

Pin codes (also seen on mods)

The ability to plant fruit trees so you can have a steady food supply inside of base

2021: Console Mod support (if Bethesda can do it, i believe you guys can do it too!) 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Good afternoon! Please tell me, you cut out the possibility of creating clothes from the game, traps for rabbits, etc.
 You did it forever, or it will return the game.

I bought a game with this function and used it to survive ... (I think this is the main task)

these careless players turned it into a shooter, but I survive in the DayZ world using 100% game mechanics. Waiting for an early reply! Thank you
P.S

Forgive me for my English, I'm from Russia!

Edited by VaDUHAST
Пишу с помощью переводчика.
  • Like 1

Dead game,  zero updates since 2020, still in alpha stage... Only modders keeping it alive on steam. (its a true fact, wikipedia that)