Tom_48_97

Moving into 2020

Hello Survivors,

2019 has been a busy year for the team, with the release of 6 major updates, the release of the game on Xbox and PS4, and DayZ Livonia on all platforms. We have been thrilled to see our players exploring the game, sharing moments, and expanding the game with mods.

Regarding the last major update, some severe issues have made their way into it. We are very well aware of their impact on the game and are working on them.

About the inventory-related issues, we have identified most of the causes leading to items getting stuck or not picked up, and are addressing them one by one. Still, due to their complexity, it takes time; however, we'll prioritize, focus and make solid attempts to resolve these in the beginning of 2020.

On the server-side front, we have deployed a small update on all platforms that will help with some of the most common crashes.

Although working on small new content, we remain committed to improving the game stability and performance.

With 2020 around the corner, we are finishing our new roadmap, and we will share our goals, highlight the key updates, and talk a bit about this second year of post-release support, in January.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@DanielKross_2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 4

If you experience some inventory-related issues, reconnecting to the server may help by refreshing the inventory content.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Thank you for this post, looking forward to seeing that 2020 roadmap! 😉 Now have a very Merry Christmas all, see you next year.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

2019 was a great year looking at the bigger BI Year End it's easy to miss how much DayZ has moved forward

It's great to see commitment for next year as well

And once the wider BI portfolio is committed to enfusion and assets become more shareable it should be a lot of fun

Merry Christmas, good will to all men

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

So the newly introduced inventory bug, new(old) ghost bullets, client crashes, and so on, from a version which should have never made it to stable, will not be fixed anymore this year?

you are doing the exact same mistake again every year. Releasing some unfinished, buggy mess before Christmas (“1.0”” anyone?) and then try to minimise damage afterwards.

The damage you already did and do with every new buggy patch, to the community and to your fans cannot be fixed anymore.

Sorry to ask this so directly, but are you guys krazi?

(And here i mean the ppl which force you to release this stuff in this shape).

anyway, enjoy your dayz off and merry xmas.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

Keep plugging away at the bugs and you will get there. Keep up the good work and don't let the internet get to you.

• Like 3

Received the game for PS4 loved this game sensethe mod. in the Livonia map towards the northeast of the map there's a lake with a small ruined house on an islands. swimming towards a island you will fall through the water and walk on the lake floor. P.s. Hope we get an rpk soon.

May i suggest to include some kind of extra "stash" system in your 2020 roadmap? For example a lootable consumable hand-radio, that creates a dropoff point for you on the map (so it's a "quest" to reach it). If you get there, you can discard a bag to make it vaulted, and once in every 5 hours, when you die you can choose a bag to respawn with.
Would be some good endgame content to pursue, and i think with the need on the hand radios and traveling to deposit, it wouldn't screw up balance.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Tom_48_97 said:

Hello Survivors,

2019 has been a busy year for the team, with the release of 6 major updates, the release of the game on Xbox and PS4, and DayZ Livonia on all platforms. We have been thrilled to see our players exploring the game, sharing moments, and expanding the game with mods.

Regarding the last major update, some severe issues have made their way into it. We are very well aware of their impact on the game and are working on them.

About the inventory-related issues, we have identified most of the causes leading to items getting stuck or not picked up, and are addressing them one by one. Still, due to their complexity, it takes time; however, we'll prioritize, focus and make solid attempts to resolve these in the beginning of 2020.

On the server-side front, we have deployed a small update on all platforms that will help with some of the most common crashes.

Although working on small new content, we remain committed to improving the game stability and performance.

With 2020 around the corner, we are finishing our new roadmap, and we will share our goals, highlight the key updates, and talk a bit about this second year of post-release support, in January.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@DanielKross_2.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to seeing what 2020 has in store.

Aside from the obvious bug fixes, performance tweaks, and general house keeping (cars in general need a lot of love) that really needs to gets done, I really hope base building gets some much needed improvements down the line next year. This is a key end game feature that's pretty much pointless at the moment 

If The Dev team is as yet still unaware of it, I really urge you to check out @Asmondian's suggestion thread on this topic. It's incredibly well thought out and detailed, and exactly the kind of long term quality of life changes that this game needs to keep thriving. 

@Tom_48_97 @Greensek @ImpulZ

Edited by thepoey
  • Beans 3

Everyone should enjoy their Christmas break, relax and start fresh in the new year. I hope 2020 is a good year for DayZ as I'm not yet wanting to play it until certain issues, features and content are added. I think it might be worth considering making vehicles client-side again if the synchronization issues cannot be fixed to any great degree. Generally speaking the issues primarily happen on modded and populated servers, but they still do happen on Vanilla servers. I'm aware it was for security reasons making a lot of the game server side authoritative, but in the case of vehicles it might be best reverting to client and allowing Battleye to do it's job (I mean 100k a year license has to mean something). Myself personally I never experienced cheaters in any of my DayZ game time from 2015 onwards, and the experiences I did get prior to that time I could count on one hand. DayZ was never really a game I associated with rampant cheating anyway - legacy bugs and performance problems YES, but my playing experience was never detrimental because of cheaters. Thankfully legacy bugs and performance problems are practically eradicated and it's just the new problems that need fixing.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Quimerse said:

May i suggest to include some kind of extra "stash" system in your 2020 roadmap? For example a lootable consumable hand-radio, that creates a dropoff point for you on the map (so it's a "quest" to reach it). If you get there, you can discard a bag to make it vaulted, and once in every 5 hours, when you die you can choose a bag to respawn with.
Would be some good endgame content to pursue, and i think with the need on the hand radios and traveling to deposit, it wouldn't screw up balance.

Just no.

Stop trying to put other games in this game. Just go play those games.

You do know it is possible and allowed to play different games right 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 3

I think it was a good year for DayZ, but ending it with as many frustrating bugs as 1.06 currently has is definitely disappointing.

If you guys have a New Year's resolution, I hope it's to communicate with us a bit better.  Here's what I personally would like to see:

• A return to individual threads when you release an Experimental or Stable patch and not just lumping them all under the current version number thread
  • A return to having regular Status Reports -- perhaps early in each quarter to highlight what was accomplished the previous quarter and what we can hope to expect in the coming quarter
  • A "Post-1.06 Features List" -- please give us some kind of idea what remaining features you are planning to add to the game (hopefully, this will be part of the 2020 roadmap you mentioned)
  • Perhaps a live stream now and then where we can actually meet some of the current team, ask live questions, view upcoming builds and features being worked on, etc.

My thanks to those involved for continuing to work on this game we all love.  I hope you have safe and happy holidays and here's to 2020 being DayZ's best year yet.

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

mod developers are drawing interest in the game, but Bohemia manages to ruin everything.

I remember the Origin mod, the same policy now 

this topic for byte ban? you leave players with a huge bug for months

how much can Bohemia Interactive hate its fans?

• Sad 1

Honestly can't even begin to explain how happy I am to see this. Also I'm pretty proud of how far the game has come since releasing on console, seriously good work Bohemia. I have faith yall are gunna do great things with dayz. I loved watching videos of modded arma 3 and have been excited for this ever since. Keep up the good work! Love you guys for making my favorite game a reality for me 💛💛

14 hours ago, Tom_48_97 said:

If you experience some inventory-related issues, reconnecting to the server may help by refreshing the inventory content.

Btw, on consoles we are doing this (forced to do it!) since Release lul....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Joey Sackett said:

Honestly can't even begin to explain how happy I am to see this. Also I'm pretty proud of how far the game has come since releasing on console, seriously good work Bohemia. I have faith yall are gunna do great things with dayz. I loved watching videos of modded arma 3 and have been excited for this ever since. Keep up the good work! Love you guys for making my favorite game a reality for me 💛💛

Im also proud of how far this game has come since the standalone.. ... 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the respected community and developers.
I ask you to excuse me, maybe I will write off-topic. But I can not leave the topic without attention.
I really like to spend time on official servers and want to share my thoughts about problems. Which in my humble opinion is easy to fix.
so let's rewind time a bit. patch 1.03 VSS - I have never met these weapons on the official server, although I consider myself a player above the average level. A lot of cartridges 9x39 which simply have no use. So can add a new weapon ASVAL, add magazine for 20 rounds. Make on the map not 1 helly crash but 3. Reduce the number of cartridges 9x39 on the map and give them more lethal force than there is at the moment. Since this weapon is a cult and completely meaningless now. As a result, we get 2 wonderful weapons, rare and desirable. And if you find it now in the vastness of the game, you will not get this pleasure.

c82c5798f8bfb455811b8feab5e8a2f2.jpg

More night vision devices are needed, as there is no sight for NATO weapons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiL2VQCO4E7Oc1IUNpqiO

I would like to see more different gear and clothes.

172px-OldTacticalVest01a.png

Gorka E Military Helmet should be the most durable when it has bulletproof glass.

The lack of a regdoll system is especially acute, often the corpse falls into the textures and it is impossible to pick up loot.

Good luck to everyone, there are also many thoughts regarding PVE, but I'm afraid it is difficult to state without feedback.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

Thank you for the update.  This game has come so far in so little time!  One suggestion for cars: to decrease griefing by other players, please try to make it that you will need to use tools to take parts off and also to attach them.  I'm not sure how this could be implemented properly, but for example: Put wheel/tire on car, take out tire iron, there is an option to tighten the lug nuts and secure them to the car, any player wishing to remove a tire, now has to use a tire iron to loosen the lugs before wheel removal; example two: same type of scenario, but with the wrench and the radiator/sparkplug/doors/hood/trunk, and maybe a screwdriver for the battery?  

What do you guys think?  Is there any use for motor oil right now?  

• Like 3

Thank you so much developers for your precious grueling work which has given us this masterpiece we call DayZ. The community is truly blessed to have this gift and please do not be troubled by the constant barrage of hate you receive. They are really only projecting their hatred of themselves onto a beautiful game. That said, here are my top 3 requests which I believe will make this glorious DayZ a work of utter perfection:

1) Please remove hunger and hydration to streamline the PvP experience. As it is now we cannot have authentic gunfights because we will die waiting for the enemy to arrive while sniping in the dangerous military zones. Food and water is fun as a visual animation for role-players but for serious players we need these chores out of the way to leave room for what DayZ does best: military zone death-matches.

2) Please put all the infected out of the military areas because they just become  a nuisance when trying to have authentic battles with other warriors. I suggest putting them in the forests this way the role-players who are afraid to go into cities or military zones and who also complain about no PvE will have a battle ahead of them. This will allow the serious fighters to focus on what DayZ does best.

3) Please increase the weapons and ammo as I can hardly ever find the best assault rifles to have the authentic military battles nearly every survivor is craving. Right now I can only rarely find guns and even rarer is assault rifles. I recommend 1 assault rifle to spawn per military tent every 5 minutes. This will allow us players to find a deadly weapon every single time we go into the military zone for intense combat and especially after we die we can quickly run back to the military zone, grab a gun , and continue with the great action that DayZ does best. Rather than looking for hours and hours to find a weak pistol and maybe an assault rifle once a year.

Thank you for everything you have done to make DayZ a success now we just need some balancing tweaks like I have just recommended to bring out the true heart of DayZ which is intense PvP mayhem. Don't worry about any minor issues like inventory or cars working because those are barely noticeable when doing authentic military battles. If you fix them thank you very much but you can take your time with this and put focus where it is truly needed the most.

• Haha 4
  • Beans 1

21 minutes ago, ATrueDayZFan said:

Thank you so much developers for your precious grueling work which has given us this masterpiece we call DayZ. The community is truly blessed to have this gift and please do not be troubled by the constant barrage of hate you receive. They are really only projecting their hatred of themselves onto a beautiful game. That said, here are my top 3 requests which I believe will make this glorious DayZ a work of utter perfection:

1) Please remove hunger and hydration to streamline the PvP experience. As it is now we cannot have authentic gunfights because we will die waiting for the enemy to arrive while sniping in the dangerous military zones. Food and water is fun as a visual animation for role-players but for serious players we need these chores out of the way to leave room for what DayZ does best: military zone death-matches.

2) Please put all the infected out of the military areas because they just become  a nuisance when trying to have authentic battles with other warriors. I suggest putting them in the forests this way the role-players who are afraid to go into cities or military zones and who also complain about no PvE will have a battle ahead of them. This will allow the serious fighters to focus on what DayZ does best.

3) Please increase the weapons and ammo as I can hardly ever find the best assault rifles to have the authentic military battles nearly every survivor is craving. Right now I can only rarely find guns and even rarer is assault rifles. I recommend 1 assault rifle to spawn per military tent every 5 minutes. This will allow us players to find a deadly weapon every single time we go into the military zone for intense combat and especially after we die we can quickly run back to the military zone, grab a gun , and continue with the great action that DayZ does best. Rather than looking for hours and hours to find a weak pistol and maybe an assault rifle once a year.

Thank you for everything you have done to make DayZ a success now we just need some balancing tweaks like I have just recommended to bring out the true heart of DayZ which is intense PvP mayhem. Don't worry about any minor issues like inventory or cars working because those are barely noticeable when doing authentic military battles. If you fix them thank you very much but you can take your time with this and put focus where it is truly needed the most.

There ya go, reported for trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

39 minutes ago, IMT said:

There ya go, reported for trolling.

I am not trolling, you just can't accept that people have a different opinion from you. My arguments are constructed from evidence and logic.

• Haha 2