Ok I know you think people die when they dont eat right away, but outside of your protected spoiled little world you live in, people can live up to 7 days without food. Im not sure how they do things on MARS but on earth we have time to eat to survive. I am not sure how you can call this a survival game when the elements to survive are non existent. Do you know what a player hater is? a player hater is someone that hates the player because of the game. Why do you guys at bohemia find it nescissary to player hate?

If your starving in Dayz - this is simple- 

the charector fails to regenerate HP until saturated

stamina will consistantly decrease over time.of 5-7 days at which point or when it reaches 0  

I dont understand why you are so adiment on this unrealistic system of starvation you have had set into place since the mod and are bent hell or high water to keep it... Whoever thought that you die in the time period of cooking a piece of meat from the time it indicated you need food.You don't have to player hate to make a game enjoyable. I bet you people argue and bicker all the time because whoever is "player hating or the game will fail" attitude..

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Haha 1

RRRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

RRRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR!

Exactly...kill a bear, cook it and eat it...what de problem is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

People can live "several days without food"........ so long as they aren't doing anything.

If you are lazing about, warm (so you aren't burning energy keeping warm) and sleeping (so you are burning energy at the lowest possible rate), comfortable(being under stress can make your body burn energy)...... yeah, you can last a week or so without food.

If you are running around, cold, terrified and working hard, you wouldn't last more than a few days.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

There has to be a limit to how realistic it is or else it would get even more boring. How about this for realistic? You get one life. Once you die, you can't play the game anymore? How about once someplace has been looted, it never generates loot again? Once you kill the zombies someplace they are gone forever?

Did I make my point?

• Like 1

99 out of 100 cases on this forum, people don't complain because a given feature bothers them as 'unrealistic'. It bothers them because it's detrimental to their preferred gameplay, which almost always means that they'd rather shoot than take care of food, health, etc.

It works like this:

a feature that's unrealistic and bothersome (FOOD) - 'real life doesn't work like that, what were they thinking, stupid devs?!'

a feature that's unrealistic and very useful (rifles fitting in your pants) - 'hey, it's just a game, let's not make it work like real life, I just want to have fun'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

B-lining for military spots is not energy efficient. 😉

Seriously tho the game came with some Lore. Partly being washed up on shore. So id say the start values are pretty accurate. You get hungry and thirsty quick. 

So yeah food and water are a priority. Getting your icons full white is a priority. Then other loot becomes a priority.

So its basically a you got your priorities mixed up issue. Easily solvable.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, Uncle Zed said:

There has to be a limit to how realistic it is or else it would get even more boring. How about this for realistic? You get one life. Once you die, you can't play the game anymore? How about once someplace has been looted, it never generates loot again? Once you kill the zombies someplace they are gone forever?

Did I make my point?

That would be fantastic! I highly doubt anyone would get bored with that! And when you drop any item whatsoever it would remain where you dropped it! ruined or not. Time would go by like normal like the mod. There would be helicopters and Mini guns attached to em. There would be traps that dont dissapear so they would actualy protect a player base, there would be K-9's that would protect you and warn you of other players.. you would not run near as fast and there would be horses you could ride around with (screw the car crap) You know- I was just thinking about this post when I was killed by another player for no reason and I was close to my body where I spawned in... I ate my pear and found a mushroom and promptly grubbed it...  I got TWO towns over at a non stop jog (not run) and died from starvation...  That was soooooo exciting I just cant wait to do it again!  Or wait, how about this scenerio? I get to my dead body, I grab some loot off of it and end up in an epic gun fight with my Murderur! (YES MURDERER!) and win just barly, have a mortal gunshot wound and fight blood loss with medical supplies and blood transfusions from the dead body and make it alive! Now theres a dayz story!, But NO You know what my story consists of... I ate and took off jogging and starved to death 1500 meters away.   (woohoo) AWSOME STORY!

Did I make "MY" point?

And yes getting to my dead body was a priority, because it had lots of food and water and medicine and weapons on it. although i did mybest to scavange mushrooms along the way and any fruit but there was none anywhere along the logistics i planned  and engaged. BUUUUUUT.. I did find a stick after carressing a plant for 1 minute.

Edited by Exxoduss

sounds wierd but this is actually something i like about dayz.  sometimes u will get there and have ur gunfight, sometimes u will die on the way be it from starving, freezing, zeds or players.  the game gets u so invested and immersed its amazing.  no other game can fill me with the salty rage of failing like dayz can. 

after i die, whether its from excitement or from rain i want nothing more than to put myself through it all over again

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Exxoduss said:

...there would be K-9's that would protect you and warn you of other players...

Not gonna lie, kinda like that idea!  😋

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I like the starvation idea- I really do- but they have it set at beta testing levels... And was never adjusted for actual implimintation and should be dynamic with the speed of the day and night cycle in the least, and starvation does not just outright kill you, its the other things it causes that kills you.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:53 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

99 out of 100 cases on this forum, people don't complain because a given feature bothers them as 'unrealistic'. It bothers them because it's detrimental to their preferred gameplay, which almost always means that they'd rather shoot than take care of food, health, etc.

It works like this:

a feature that's unrealistic and bothersome (FOOD) - 'real life doesn't work like that, what were they thinking, stupid devs?!'

a feature that's unrealistic and very useful (rifles fitting in your pants) - 'hey, it's just a game, let's not make it work like real life, I just want to have fun'.

Dont get me started- But as of the day the added the time changes or adjustable speed of the day and night cycle to the servers I had an issue with the food consumption and directly effecting payability. like opening a can of food.. you can simply open a can of food by rubbing it on the concrete or blacktop long enough to take the lid off of it, you dont need no speacial tool to open a can of food.

Did you know you can boil water in a plastic bottle over a open fire? you can I have done it before

And attempting to make a silencer with a bottle and duct tape will get you arrested and put in jail

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Haha 1

I'm sure theres gonna be a weak AF modded server where every house has a bag of rice with a canteen next to it maybe that would be more to your playstyle

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

I'm sure theres gonna be a weak AF modded server where every house has a bag of rice with a canteen next to it maybe that would be more to your playstyle

No It would not.. What would be more to my playstyle would be DayZ the way it used to be.  Where you could actualy get somewhere without starving to death. not run down by idiots that have no idea what they are talking about.

I have over 5,000 hours in dayz. thats just the stnd alone version... who here has more hours then me? any single one of you?

I have contributed more to this game then all of you forums rats put together! 

Not to mention when the standalone version came out I was leading an outfit in PS2 with over 1,700 active members with another cat named slyguy.. together we got most of them to purchase dayz the day it was early released.. thats alot of copies sold... nudge nudge. 

I remember running around with 30+ players in Dayz surrounding the NE airfield jail houses when bandits used to "jump" into the walls nd ambush bambis to hunt these bandits down. going from one server to the next looking for these "glitchers"

I remember getting large scale controlled encounters going , like in cherno with a 3v3 of entire clans in gint free for alls.. & used to run scrims everyday that would fill a server.

we used to have and maintain 3 servers for dayz.  

I know that aint alot in comparison to the grand scale of the game, but i bet notvery damned many of you can boast 1 of those things let alone all of them

I would like to see less food with an even lesser cunsumption rate or  modification to the way starvtion kills you by reducing your stamina by short steps until death by reaching zero or health regeneration becomes absolete until you get some food into your belly or both

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

47 minutes ago, Exxoduss said:

who here has more hours then me? any single one of you? I have contributed more to this game then all of you forums rats put together! 

Okay, that's cute.  Insulting all of the other forum users is no way to convince anybody of anything.  And you're not entitled to anything.

You bring up some solid points on the food subject but in the grand scheme of things, food and PVE are only speed bumps.  You should know that it will never really be a challenge.  

Related, work is being done.  Right now, vegetables only get you so far.  The current mechanics will only allow vegetables to go so far.  Appears to be between 50% and 75% full health max.   So, the numbers are being worked on.  It's fine if you want to provide feedback, but coming back to the forums as a low poster and telling everyone that they have no experience, you know more than they do, and calling everybody 'rats' is a great way to sound like a douche,  true or not.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing health regeneration happen unless you are above a certain (high) water + food percentage.

A forum rat is not an insult... rather a description... but maybe so, you got to realize my retort is in self defence.. I appreaciate your reply 

Input from current experiences with starvation: please extend the amount of time it takes to die from starvation. Currently it's about 20 mins after reaching yellow food state (an estimate). It would create more anxiety and drama if your character could hobble around injured for longer, all the while unable to out-maneuver infected and predators, with the omnipresent fear of another survivor lurking, ready to take advantage, or maybe help out instead.

On 12/21/2019 at 5:42 AM, Exxoduss said:

That would be fantastic! I highly doubt anyone would get bored with that! And when you drop any item whatsoever it would remain where you dropped it! ruined or not. Time would go by like normal like the mod. There would be helicopters and Mini guns attached to em. There would be traps that dont dissapear so they would actualy protect a player base, there would be K-9's that would protect you and warn you of other players.. you would not run near as fast and there would be horses you could ride around with (screw the car crap) You know- I was just thinking about this post when I was killed by another player for no reason and I was close to my body where I spawned in... I ate my pear and found a mushroom and promptly grubbed it...  I got TWO towns over at a non stop jog (not run) and died from starvation...  That was soooooo exciting I just cant wait to do it again!  Or wait, how about this scenerio? I get to my dead body, I grab some loot off of it and end up in an epic gun fight with my Murderur! (YES MURDERER!) and win just barly, have a mortal gunshot wound and fight blood loss with medical supplies and blood transfusions from the dead body and make it alive! Now theres a dayz story!, But NO You know what my story consists of... I ate and took off jogging and starved to death 1500 meters away.   (woohoo) AWSOME STORY!

Did I make "MY" point?

And yes getting to my dead body was a priority, because it had lots of food and water and medicine and weapons on it. although i did mybest to scavange mushrooms along the way and any fruit but there was none anywhere along the logistics i planned  and engaged. BUUUUUUT.. I did find a stick after carressing a plant for 1 minute.

Hardly seems realistic to die, be reincarnated and know exactly where your old body is and make a beeline for it. Basically, you died from a game mechanic and you're salty, so your want the game changed to suit you? Have you played other survival games? Try The Long Dark and see how you liked that for needing to eat and drink. 

• Beans 1

>< I rest my case

Hey DayzDayzFanboy! Good call my fellow survivor... Highfivebaby

Now Fivebehindthe back

Now Five Off to the side-

You catch on quick! Onelast high five! YEAH! WOOOT.

Youknow what I have tried for needing food? REAL LIFE, It teaches you good, Especialy when you dont have money to eat everyday like myself. I know Wellto do people dont know how much pain is involved. but also the mind is great at filtering one pain outin favor for another. And again-- sheltered people do not have much experience to relate, and frankly Neither do I. So you win.

So please- Enlighten me on YOUR  observation of the current road map DAYZ has planed before you toes start pushing aside your tongue, because fromwhat Iunderstand ina post above yours- that they are still working on it.

And  Yeah I get salty asthe next personthat accuses me of being salty. It takes salt to throw saltat people and say there salty. YOU CAN CALL ME THE SANDMAN if you perfer

Andhere- https://steamcommunity.com/id/Exxoduss/

You can  see all the games I have played

On 1/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Input from current experiences with starvation: please extend the amount of time it takes to die from starvation. Currently it's about 20 mins after reaching yellow food state (an estimate). It would create more anxiety and drama if your character could hobble around injured for longer, all the while unable to out-maneuver infected and predators, with the omnipresent fear of another survivor lurking, ready to take advantage, or maybe help out instead.

See! I LIKE THISPOST!  I miss thebroken legs Man!! THAT WAS AWSOME! *sniffsniff* QQ

On 12/17/2019 at 1:07 AM, Exxoduss said:

Ok I know you think people die when they dont eat right away, but outside of your protected spoiled little world you live in, people can live up to 7 days without food. Im not sure how they do things on MARS but on earth we have time to eat to survive. I am not sure how you can call this a survival game when the elements to survive are non existent. Do you know what a player hater is? a player hater is someone that hates the player because of the game. Why do you guys at bohemia find it nescissary to player hate?

If your starving in Dayz - this is simple- 

the charector fails to regenerate HP until saturated

stamina will consistantly decrease over time.of 5-7 days at which point or when it reaches 0  

I dont understand why you are so adiment on this unrealistic system of starvation you have had set into place since the mod and are bent hell or high water to keep it... Whoever thought that you die in the time period of cooking a piece of meat from the time it indicated you need food.You don't have to player hate to make a game enjoyable. I bet you people argue and bicker all the time because whoever is "player hating or the game will fail" attitude..

In my opinnion its a litle too much food spawning around - I mean can food. One dumb thing is that the water cause sicknes every time I drink it.

Beggining o fthe game could be hard but after I gather some stuff for coocking and hunting is way too easy. Hunt animal an prepare food at fire place for example, big pice of fat are very durable and eating 1/4 of that is enough for very loong time. Dont look at the food icon, eat a litle more even if that icon is full.

True is so in real life people can survive much longer with out food but not 7 days, any way even if that true, imagine that so You play there 7 days with out food. Game become booring and food You will find there mostly will be on garbage level bicouse You will find it very often and You will not need so much food to survive. I setting up server and I want reduce food even more so players will be forced to hunt than spamming houses or kiling hundrets of zeds for can foods.

The Food will spoil  no?  I dunno anymore... Just as I think I know how this game works in some subject or topic in it, It changes in  some fasion. If the food is not going to spoil in acordance of in game time and give sickness if consumed rotten, Then would it  be even worth having food in it?  To me-Battling sickness and injury was  what set this game apart from the  rest. I only enjoy hyper-realistic type games... Seeing how things love to despawn in this game, Maybe  expired food should become one of them... Sigh... (holds chin up with hands) With the recent  abuse from a couple cheaters, not even trying to hide it and with total prejudice, teleporting my base into the four winds... Would it not be prudent to focus on the single player or co-op aspect of the game...? 

..Gentleman....

Do Whatever... If the hacks continue- It wont matter for me one way or another because it will simply be unplayable, I REFUSE to cheat to have fun, Just because some morons cant fit a star shape into a circle shape, they must force it down everyones throats. I give up- Everyone seems hell bent on leather to take this game away from the people that need it to escape reality, for no other cause then either illegal money, Covering up there lack of self esteem, Pure entropy or False sence of accomplishment. You win. Congratulations. If I was Bohemia- If My creation was threatened to such an extend as to totaly dissembowl the vision I had for it, I would change the genre from PVP to total Co-Op and make Player vs player damage reflective and kill the violator outright. Place in more dangerous animals and infected animals, lower the loot tables, make food parishable, and make murderous intentions cause insanity where they are constantly making somesort of noise or talking to themselves so they cannot sneak up on anyone else again for the life of there charector.

Pffft.

Edited by Exxoduss
Because ugly people are-by actions

The topic is "Food" and salt is wonderful on it.

On a personal level, im so salty - some call me "the sandman". 

Just think- If it wasnt for the salty people flapping up a storm about the things they love,.. then you would have to.