Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

On 12/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

If only people were nice to the devs maybe they would do a better job instead you fill their heads with negative thoughts making them not be productive as they can be.

So, basically, you've never had a job before.

"Sorry boss, I can't do my job today because someone on the internet said mean things."    Yea, I bet that happens all the time.  /rolleyes.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 2

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

They only "released" it because of the Christmas sales and to meet PS4 requirements to go on their platform.

Im still on the fence if it was a good decision or not. 

It wasn't. They should have re-added all 0.62 content before moving forward.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:20 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Well first... They are probably doing bad work because the community is being negative to them..

Second.. Would you rather have a buggy game or no game at all and let other buggy game take it's place... That's even worse then DayZ? 

Only issues i have ever had with DayZ is first disappearing bases/walls.. Then cars... And now inventory.. Especially car/tent/barrel/storage container to player inventory 

Edit: they always tend to release broken updates at the end of the year probably because they don't finish it in time and they need to go off for the holidays... They probably rushed it because of promise that they will deliver DLC in 2019 and they had to keep it... My theory is that we are the ones to blame because people cried about more content more content and they we get a map which is a huge content so they probably focused on it... And an incomplete inventory overhaul i guess.. Idk why couldn't they just revert the changes they made to inventory system... Sounds simple enough

So now it's our fault the game is such in a bad shape and development is so bad? You're one funny guy, let me tell you that. And I'd rather have a stable game, that's the reason why they released the game, or so they told, to get a stable platform. One year after release, we're still stuck with an unstable game and even with new bugs. But hey, money is flowing and all is ok, right?

13 hours ago, McWendy said:

They only "released" it because of the Christmas sales and to meet PS4 requirements to go on their platform.

Im still on the fence if it was a good decision or not. 

Yeah, that was a bad decision, a very bad decision. If they didn't release the game, I wouldn't be negative right now and still support them. But hey, they wanted (not need) more money. So they had to release it. Really sad if you ask me because they could've made a lot more buck if the game was stable and somewhat finished when they released it on the consoles, PC and released Livonia. It's not that hard to see and understand, you don't even need a marketing degree for that, it's just plain and simple logic.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

On 12/21/2019 at 5:21 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you ignorant little poopstick they already said that they know about the problem and that they are working on it but it's complex af and it takes time so be patient as always they literally said this in the devblog or Status Report. Please do your research before commenting... [1] Even if Bohemia is making games for purely money they aren't stupid to make a glitchy game and loose the money it just doesn't make sense...[2]  if they want money they need a good glitchless game.. that's how it works... They have been working on the game for like 6 years...[3] what makes you think they will stop now because of all negativity people give to the devs. [4] If only people were nice to the devs maybe they would do a better job instead you fill their heads with negative thoughts making them not be productive as they can be.

1. And yet here we are, money spend and no functioning game. What a mystery....
2. "If they want money"......3 million copies sold. Are you for real?
3. Well, the fact that nothings happening? 1 month after the release and still no fix. I fully understand that the problem might be complex to fix, but thats exactly the reason why they should not have released the damn thing in the first place. Finish the product, then release. Don't go on releasing useless crap like this when you know you dont have the possibility to fix it quickly.  
4. Hey douchebag, i'm a customer and have been a loyal one for seven years. I'm fed up with this bullshit, it's always the same. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I have the full right to be upset with the fact that i've payed for these products and the company does not deliver what they promise. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e said:

1. And yet here we are, money spend and no functioning game. What a mystery....
2. "If they want money"......3 million copies sold. Are you for real?
3. Well, the fact that nothings happening? 1 month after the release and still no fix. I fully understand that the problem might be complex to fix, but thats exactly the reason why they should not have released the damn thing in the first place. Finish the product, then release. Don't go on releasing useless crap like this when you know you dont have the possibility to fix it quickly.  
4. Hey douchebag, i'm a customer and have been a loyal one for seven years. I'm fed up with this bullshit, it's always the same. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I have the full right to be upset with the fact that i've payed for these products and the company does not deliver what they promise. 

well you do understand that the problem is complex... but you don't understand what MONTH IT IS RIGHT NOW... it's DECEMBER that means CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAYS... that means... all of them are at home doing jack shit for the game and the company they said F the business and they are literally all on a holiday like EVERY FNing COMPANY... i'm seriously pissed about this

EDIT: i also think 3 million copies sold is really slow. A lot is like 15 million... 3 million is tiny... yea it's big money for us consumers but not for the companies

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

On 12/26/2019 at 3:20 AM, Parazight said:

So, basically, you've never had a job before.

"Sorry boss, I can't do my job today because someone on the internet said mean things."    Yea, I bet that happens all the time.  /rolleyes.

yes i never had a job before and i wasn't speaking about that at all... im saying the whole dev team might be doing bad because people are mean and the world is cruel af... I didn't say that 1 guy/dev is hurt and he doesn't want to do the work i'm saying the dev team is... not 1 individual... and i literally turned 18 this year... i'm still to get a job. Now please everyone cut me some fucking slack about me acting like a fucking moron it's fucking annoying up to a point i need to fucking swear on a forum. IT'S ANNOYING. I Already fucked up by other personal issues of mine and here you are fucking me even more. At this point idgaf what happens because i am swearing... people should grow the FUCK up... This is a forum for a game that is rated 18+. That means there are no children or should be no children here that are very sensitive to swear words. Like seriously... grow the fuck up.

• Haha 2

every time a Zed attacks me, after one attack my knife drops on the ground. is this a bug or on purpouse?

i hope you fix the issue with the items that cant go directly into your inventory ASAP. this is most game braking. its awfully silly that one has to take the items first ino his caracter hands and then into inventory.

i like the agressiveness of the Zeds so far. it isent anymore a walk in the park when i enter a village, thats great!

and i like the lush foliage and the new sounds in livonia! great job! also it feels like the villages are more realisticly arranged, it fels great to roam through them!

i crouched i a little bush and two Zeds really just sumbled over me and did not detect me. so now im not shure if this is a bug or if my stealth crouching skills are just superior 😄

thanks for the good work, and see you next year!

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Now please everyone cut me some fucking slack about me acting like a fucking moron it's fucking annoying up to a point i need to fucking swear on a forum. IT'S ANNOYING.

Have you considered not acting like one? 🤷‍♂️

• Beans 1

So because we are on a adult game forum we should be allowed to swear? 

@KajMak64Bit2 grown ups dont need to swear. If you were one you would understand. But post after post you show your Tiny teeny little hand.

Mods please remove this "adult" its been enough by now we should think.

• Beans 1

Oh, almost forgott.

i hope in the near future there will be some little improvised shelter posibilities. maybe a little shelter that one could craft out of a view long sticks and some bushes or animal skin or tarp.

maybe that could be leaned on a tree or a rock. or you would be able to dig a little trough, or hole.

just some sort of mini base that would fit the needs of a lonley wolf.

so one could build some stealthy mini bases.

and it would be nice to be able to craft a net, out of some ropes. two, maybe four ropes, i guess thats up to the balancing of the game.

so one could also make some ghilly nets with addition of some foilage for the mini shelter. that would be neat.

so again, see you next year!

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, MathTheRender said:

Oh, almost forgott.

i hope in the near future there will be some little improvised shelter posibilities. maybe a little shelter that one could craft out of a view long sticks and some bushes or animal skin or tarp.

maybe that could be leaned on a tree or a rock. or you would be able to dig a little trough, or hole.

just some sort of mini base that would fit the needs of a lonley wolf.

so one could build some stealthy mini bases.

and it would be nice to be able to craft a net, out of some ropes. two, maybe four ropes, i guess thats up to the balancing of the game.

so one could also make some ghilly nets with addition of some foilage for the mini shelter. that would be neat.

so again, see you next year!

People found improvised tents in the game files when 0.63 was released for the first time. Hopefully we will see it somewhere in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzbwSZN8tI

5 hours ago, McWendy said:

So because we are on a adult game forum we should be allowed to swear? 

@KajMak64Bit2 grown ups dont need to swear. If you were one you would understand. But post after post you show your Tiny teeny little hand.

Mods please remove this "adult" its been enough by now we should think.

Every adult i know and met and seen swears... Swearing is scientifically proved to increase pain endurance. People who swear endured pain longer then those who don't. It's not an optional thing it's a feature we all have. That's something like being told don't breathe or you will be banned. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

yes i never had a job before and i wasn't speaking about that at all... im saying the whole dev team might be doing bad because people are mean and the world is cruel af... I didn't say that 1 guy/dev is hurt and he doesn't want to do the work i'm saying the dev team is... not 1 individual... and i literally turned 18 this year... i'm still to get a job. Now please everyone cut me some fucking slack about me acting like a fucking moron it's fucking annoying up to a point i need to fucking swear on a forum. IT'S ANNOYING. I Already fucked up by other personal issues of mine and here you are fucking me even more. At this point idgaf what happens because i am swearing... people should grow the FUCK up... This is a forum for a game that is rated 18+. That means there are no children or should be no children here that are very sensitive to swear words. Like seriously... grow the fuck up.

Nobody here is against you, buddy. You can act weird sometimes, but that is normal at your, ekhm, level of hormones. Trust me, you’ll feel much better in the future – the youth as the best part in life is way, way over-hyped. For now, I could recommend rereading your posts before submitting them and treating others like you would like them to treat you. An additional splash of respect or good manners will get you much further than you’d expect, even if it’s not obvious at the first glance (especially on this board).

If I had needed a good piece advice when I was 18, it must have been that "nobody is entitled to anything". Want a good reputation, earn it.

Another one would be "never pretend you know something you don't, it's not a shame to ask questions", but that's a different story.

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

23 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Every adult i know and met and seen swears... Swearing is scientifically proved to increase pain endurance. People who swear endured pain longer then those who don't. It's not an optional thing it's a feature we all have. That's something like being told don't breathe or you will be banned. 

What a load of BS. Just means you are surrounded by idiots 

Scientifically Proven lmao

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

See, the problem that you have on these forums is that no one can take you seriously.  When people see a post full of 'Probably, probably, probably" come from you every day then people start to realize that you are just making a bunch of assumptions.   It seems that you try to use logic based on experience, but it's clear by the things you say that you don't actually have that experience.   You consistently use ellipses as a replacement for punctuation.  This is a huge tell that you have no writing skills.   Ellipses are used to indicate an omission of words and you use them between every thought.  Stop the conjecture, we're all choking on it.  You attract extreme criticism because you just make stuff up and debate using points that are ridiculously irrelevant.  My grammar is far from perfect but yours is atrocious.  No offense.  I'm sure you're a fine gamer and otherwise pleasant, but your writing on the forums is not projecting that at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Okay, now... Let's put little Thomas the Trainwreck back on the tracks.

Just to clear up:
Since the beginning of this forum, swearing has been allowed, but insulting other posters has not. That is, you can say 'fuck', but not 'fuck you'. This might have changed with recent swich-ups in management, but if so, no one told me. Hence, I'll ignore the swearing as usual. But guys (you know who you are) go for the ball and not the man, or there'll be trouble of some manner.

Now, please, back on topic. I believe it was 'stable patch one-dot-nought-six'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I'm not here for respect i only dump my message here and you make the points out of it.. I'm sharing my knowledge... Your job is to understand me what i say but apparently i speak chinese.. Since people don't understand why am i even trying.. Most of the times i make valid points but i can't express them idk how to translate my thoughts into words...  

Also why the fuck do you guys care about me so much? You really thing i want rep? And i should earn it? No.. Fuck that

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

What a load of BS. Just means you are surrounded by idiots 

Scientifically Proven lmao

WOAH WOAH you just called a lot of people idiots.. Because essentially that's like atleast 40% of my country's population. 

1 hour ago, Max Planck said:

Okay, now... Let's put little Thomas the Trainwreck back on the tracks.

Just to clear up:
Since the beginning of this forum, swearing has been allowed, but insulting other posters has not. That is, you can say 'fuck', but not 'fuck you'. This might have changed with recent swich-ups in management, but if so, no one told me. Hence, I'll ignore the swearing as usual. But guys (you know who you are) go for the ball and not the man, or there'll be trouble of some manner.

Now, please, back on topic. I believe it was 'stable patch one-dot-nought-six'.

I think the ball is quite clear where it needs to land? 

43 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I'm not here for respect i only dump my message here and you make the points out of it.. I'm sharing my knowledge... Your job is to understand me what i say but apparently i speak chinese.. Since people don't understand why am i even trying.. Most of the times i make valid points but i can't express them idk how to translate my thoughts into words... 
Also why the fuck do you guys care about me so much? You really thing i want rep? And i should earn it? No.. Fuck that

It is not other people's 'job' to understand what you are trying to say. If you can't communicate properly, that's on you. Now, please stay on topic henceforth. After your break.

31 minutes ago, McWendy said:

I think the ball is quite clear where it needs to land? 

Yes.

Aaand, 1.06 away.

• Like 3

I have a question - I finally got around to play 1.06 after some away time and was looking forward to the new increased aggro radius of zeds triggered by each other's aggro-roars. However, on my favourite server, which has 'vanilla' in its name, the radius seems to be unchanged, i.e. quite small. Was it brought back down in the recent updates? Why, was there any outcry about it?

Also, does anyone know how bears react vis-a-vis tents? Do they quickly maul one or is it an impenetrable fortress? And do bear traps work, you know, on bears? I can go and check myself, but I hope someone else was a brave pioneer before.

I must say, as an avid hunter, I'm so excited on Livonia! So much to shoot at! I filled my energy bar within 2 playing sessions and I have absolutely no idea how people can complain about FOOD in this patch.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/25/2019 at 4:30 AM, Greensek said:

Tweaked: Ovens made from a fireplace now last 7 days (instead of 2 hrs)

Not in my experience.

I've been testing rock ovens the last few days on servers with no mods. 

• I've tried using placement, starting a fire, letting it burn out and wait for 2+hours.  
  • placement, burned out, then placing new bark in it.
  • placement, burned out, putting junk in the inventory
  • placement, didn't ignite it, just kept fuel in it.
  • dropping it on the ground where I could place it, burned it out.
  • dropping it on the ground where i couldn't place it, letting it burn out again.
  • dropping it, burned out, putting stuff in the inventory

All results end in failure.  the Ovens often converted back to rock circles or simply disappear.  I have yet to have a rock oven persist through reset, or otherwise act like they have persistence.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, Parazight said:

All results end in failure.  the Ovens often converted back to rock circles or simply disappear.  I have yet to have a rock oven persist through reset, or otherwise act like they have persistence.

True.

We tried that on our vanilla public server.

1. Fires with stones disappears after server restart.

2. I made a stone oven, it was in place at least 2 days until restart.

3. When a fire with stones gets wet in the rain, the temp drops to ~19.6 and it's impossible to detach the stones from it. Logged back in a day after, it was sunny, fireplace was dry and only then I could interact with it's contents (damaged wood and stones).

4. It could make it easier for 1st timers if there was any indication for how many stones are needed (textual and visual).

5. Ovens should take much more stones and be persistent forever. Just another small wish of mine... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 hours ago, Parazight said:

You consistently use ellipses as a replacement for punctuation.  This is a huge tell that you have no writing skills.   Ellipses are used to indicate an omission of words and you use them between every thought.

Yikes!

As most of you long-timers probably know... I am a ferocious abuser of Ellipsis in my posts... It also happens to be a writing nuance that can be used to indicate/replace the social cue of pausing to consider the next train of "thought". I personally am an extremely articulate public speaker with a tad verbose way of making my point (which is, admittedly, a tad annoying for most) but typing messages in a text becomes almost awkward, as it lacks that ever so crucial aspect of facial expression and visual cues to add color and context to your conversation. I just wanted to chime in on that, as it sort of gave me pause for thought...and I trust you to not make similar assumptions when you read my drivel.

I have found these Forums both cathartic and exasperating, in mostly equal measure, but it has served a valuable role in my ability to stay loyal to this title over the last 6 (holy shit...I just said SIX!...) years, and I attribute most of that to you fellow DayZ fans who keep me entertained and keep me honest.

Cheers! And have a safe Holidays!

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, Tarkules said:

3. When a fire with stones gets wet in the rain, the temp drops to ~19.6 and it's impossible to detach the stones from it. Logged back in a day after, it was sunny, fireplace was dry and only then I could interact with it's contents (damaged wood and stones).

4. It could make it easier for 1st timers if there was any indication for how many stones are needed (textual and visual).

5. Ovens should take much more stones and be persistent forever. Just another small wish of mine... 🙂

Good post.  Might be hard to tell if the placement is related to temperature, but who knows.  Could have a number of issues, i suppose.

Yea.  A bar indicating amount of rocks needed, 8 (or more) rock slots, or some indicator, would be cool.   Ovens should perhaps require small stones as well.   I would also recommend removing placement restrictions.  God forbid you want to build a fireplace (or fence, or tent, or watchtower (or anything, really)) and there's 4 cm of pine tree in the way blocking your action.

Rock ovens really are the best.  They don't have to be in a house.  Houses have been eating my cooking pots on a regular basis.  Mostly they fall through the floor from a house fireplace (Looking at you Green-Yellow shack).  Fire barrels need to have the pots removed to refuel.  Circles require a Tripod.   It would be really great if all of the above would enable 8 day (or more) persistence for attachments such as fuel, tripod, and cooking pot.  Maybe make everything persistent except for the inventory space inside the cooking device, which seems exploitable.  We don't want infinite persistent storage with just having a sledge hammer.

Related to stones, what ever happened with Large stones being able to be used as an improvised sharpening stone for limited tools?

• Beans 1