Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

5 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

You sure sound like an arrogant little wimp. Do you want the devs to adopt you?

Can you provide a citation for that unsubstantiated, dogmatic claim?

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

You're not fooling anybody.  Who names themselves 'a true dayz fan' and creates a new account just to troll the forums?  A troll that's been here before.  Why the moderators didn't IP ban you a long time ago is beyond me.

Citations for these unsubstantiated, dogmatic claims? Please and thank you. Have a nice day, sir.

14 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Also give us the ability to hold a dead chicken with our hands pls.

13 hours ago, McWendy said:

Im all for being able to pick up a chicken.  I usually find a chicken before i find a knife. 

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

Same, pick it up and shove it in the hoodie to cut it up once you've found something sharp...

Yes.

Maybe burlap sacks are more ideal for this, but definitely yes.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

9 hours ago, ATrueDayZFan said:

Citations for these unsubstantiated, dogmatic claims? Please and thank you. Have a nice day, sir.

I haven't had coffee yet, is this humor? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On the topic of carying a dead chicken and unprocessed food in general, meat should start rotting. Or is that happening already? 

That would be much believable use of that state opposed to freshly spawned rotten fruits and mushrooms.

• Beans 1

20 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

On the topic of carying a dead chicken and unprocessed food in general, meat should start rotting. Or is that happening already? 

That would be much believable use of that state opposed to freshly spawned rotten fruits and mushrooms.

I believe that will be coming fairly soon, along with cooked food losing heat instead of working like eternal heat packs. Fruit should really be spawning fresh and degenerate over time, but that would mean yet another thing for the server to calculate, so I would say it is not that important.

• Beans 2

On 12/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, Derleth said:

Bears are in Chernarus. I spotted one yesterday, northwest of the big dam in the western part of the map. I didn't engage, since doing that solo is touch and go with high-powered automatics and suicidal with anything less...

You sure? Was it vanilla or the server wasn't tweaked for bears in? Thank you so much for the info, I'm combing the Western Chernarus first thing when I get back from my holidays. So glad to read it! 🙂

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

I haven't had coffee yet, is this humor? 

I believe this is the same guy who posted as Survivorsth back a half a year ago. Or at least another regular who'd like to fuck with us in exactly the same way (I wouldn't be that surprised - if I wanted to piss off this forum, I'd just put on a fanboy hat; seems to work every time).

I kinda even missed him because he could be kinda funny, so as long as he doesn't derail any serious discussions, I say don't feed the troll and let him be.

5 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I believe this is the same guy who posted as Survivorsth back a half a year ago. Or at least another regular who'd like to fuck with us in exactly the same way (I wouldn't be that surprised - if I wanted to piss off this forum, I'd just put on a fanboy hat; seems to work every time).

I kinda even missed him because he could be kinda funny, so as long as he doesn't derail any serious discussions, I say don't feed the troll and let him be.

I'm in on the humor and lots of sarcasm … as soon as he starts being at least a bit funny. 

49 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

You sure? Was it vanilla or the server wasn't tweaked for bears in? Thank you so much for the info, I'm combing the Western Chernarus first thing when I get back from my holidays. So glad to read it! 🙂

It was my own server which is currently pure vanilla except for infected that are heavily increased. Somebody posted a screenshot of a bear sighting from near Devil's Castle on an offical server. I did a quick scan of the iZurvive map, I'd say look to the west and north if you're going bear hunting.. Bears are much more rare in Chernarus than in Livonia though, so it might take a while to find one.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

41 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It was my own server which is currently pure vanilla except for infected that are heavily increased. Somebody posted a screenshot of a bear sighting from near Devil's Castle on an offical server. I did a quick scan of the iZurvive map, I'd say look to the west and north if you're going bear hunting.. Bears are much more rare in Chernarus than in Livonia though, so it might take a while to find one.

bear spawn locations

SLFyMrU.png

• Like 3

Ah, to see a bear taking on a pack of wolves!

I've always wondered how many packs actually spawn with each restart and how many bears we can expect at any given time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Ah, to see a bear taking on a pack of wolves!

I've always wondered how many packs actually spawn with each restart and how many bears we can expect at any given time.

Would be a fair question..... same goes for the infected. How many roam the server at a given time? They once said it was a 1000. But that's outdated i believe.

So much fighting in here...longtime player from mod days. 

Im all for making the game harder, i like that chenarus rains more and makes you stop to warm up ect.

It's all about inventory for me. Biggest problem with me being able to enjoy the game is having to take large amounts of time to organize stash and i'm not even a hoarder.

Geez confirmed on the feedback tracker that wolves and infected not fighting is intentional. Yet another strange decision from the devs. Between that, the stance on night lighting while simultaneously implementing the awful personal night light, no broken bones and various other strange decisions I am wondering if there is any vision or direction to the project at all. Things seem to happen on a whim, and without any communication. I am starting to get seriously concerned now.

Things like the inventory bug etc doesn't really bother me as much, since bugs get fixed eventually. Strange design decisions cause long-term damage. 

In this case I must plead to @Greensek and @ImpulZ to convey a humble request to the devs that the feature is given a toggle, so it can be enabled in the server files. Please.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 4

@Derleth ive been concerned for the last 6 years.... There is no roadmap, no vision, no communication, no clue of what we the players want.

I'll go on and say it; warZ was even more transparant then BI is about dayZ.

And we all know how that turned out.

Im glad you lot paid for the new map cause the money Will probably go to Arma4. Server stability is obviously not where the money is going. Hell even Dean Hall bought a big house and bigass sportscar with our money.

Im still in the Lets wait and see mode. So time Will Tell. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

In my opinion  . ..  . from my reading of the Chernarus events file, I would suggest the following

X6zBs3Z.png

for the wolf I see 276 spawn points

so for the wolf we see nominal 8, which I suggest is the number in the pack that can spawn. the min and max giving the number of spawn points for the packs. Triggered by the player being within 200m of the spawn point. The child gives the grey and white variation possibilities and the number spawning within the nominal number

UquYp6h.png

For bears there are 71 possible spawn points. the bear nominal is set to zero (no packs), but min and max are set to 2 spawn points, of which there will be 1 bear at each point activated by the player

Livonia events file is different (more)

I do not believe these spawn at server start, but only on player interaction. The bear and wolf territories are controlled differently to the infected

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Would be a fair question..... same goes for the infected. How many roam the server at a given time? They once said it was a 1000. But that's outdated i believe.

there are 470 spawn points for the infected. Each spawn point has a label attached to it - Infected army, infected city, infected firefighter etc.

I think that you activate the infected as you wander around and generate the basic infected volume (up to 700m) when you aggravate one of those, then the zombie territories are triggered (I think)

DxGp6II.png

the events sets what can appear and the global territories sets where, how and how many appear, with smin/smax and dmin/dmax settings (s - static, d - dynamic)

zVAh5JE.png

and so you can suddenly have hordes of infected appearing. (number of times I have been in Tisy, and only seen five infected. I fire a shot and 20 plus rush me)

again I do not believe these spawn at server start, but only on player interaction. As from the start, if you saw infected in a town from a distance you knew a player was there. I dont see any change in that strategy. I have made an overwatch on electro and cherno from a distance (more than 700m), and when there were no players (empty server), there were no infected.

maybe someone who has increased the infected can offer their opinion?

• Beans 4

8 minutes ago, McWendy said:

I'm still in the Lets wait and see mode. So time Will Tell. 

Yeah, in this case I'm hoping it is just temporary, until the mechanic can be tweaked to work properly, besides wolves being very underpowered vs infected they've also had a tendency to launch each other in the air when fighting...

• Like 1

Wait, so are bears spawning in Chernarus now?  I thought they weren't when the patch first released.

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

Geez confirmed on the feedback tracker that wolves and infected not fighting is intentional. Yet another strange decision from the devs. Between that, the stance on night lighting while simultaneously implementing the awful personal night light, no broken bones and various other strange decisions I am wondering if there is any vision or direction to the project at all. Things seem to happen on a whim, and without any communication. I am starting to get seriously concerned now.

Things like the inventory bug etc doesn't really bother me as much, since bugs get fixed eventually. Strange design decisions cause long-term damage. 

In this case I must plead to @Greensek and @ImpulZ to convey a humble request to the devs that the feature is given a toggle, so it can be enabled in the server files. Please.

Excellent decision, developers. This is exactly how the game should be! They couldn't offer a rebuttal so they tried to assassinate my character with strange, vacuous, group-think accusations lacking any forethought or evidence whatsoever. In the realm of philosophy this kind of attack is called an ad hominem, also known as well poisoning. Anyhow, this change is a win for all genuine DayZ fans such as myself. That said, Derleth is correct that the night-light needs to go. It ruins the lighting and makes it easy for amateurs, meanwhile removing the authenticity of a desperate, dark night. As you can see, authenticity is key to DayZ's success, so I will call out the developers when I see them veering from the true vision of authenticity. As a passionate, dedicated fan who bought Livonia immediately without hesitation, I am able to think critically when it matters most.

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

Oof, this screams one of those "let's just turn this off to save server performance" tweaks. I'd like to join this petition cause this does not make sense at all. Sigh, at the end of the day, it's really server performance that holds back this game. 

Make a solution for the piled up bodies in the coast that commit suicide, maybe it'll free up performance. 

• Beans 3

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Oof, this screams one of those "let's just turn this off to save server performance" tweaks. I'd like to join this petition cause this does not make sense at all. Sigh, at the end of the day, it's really server performance that holds back this game. 

Make a solution for the piled up bodies in the coast that commit suicide, maybe it'll free up performance. 

Honestly when you have an unstable internet connection your performance can only be so good. Whenever I play the game it performs beautifully and with no lag at all. This is thanks to my high-speed internet connection as well as an advanced computer I built all by myself (switch from the pre-builts and your experience will be much better, trust me!).

15 hours ago, aux7 said:

In my opinion  . ..  . from my reading of the Chernarus events file, I would suggest the following

X6zBs3Z.png

for the wolf I see 276 spawn points

so for the wolf we see nominal 8, which I suggest is the number in the pack that can spawn. the min and max giving the number of spawn points for the packs. [snip]

Thank you and beans for one of the most informative posts in the recent time. I've learnt a lot, but I'm still scratching my beard in some places. Could you do me a big one and talk like to someone who doesn't regularly deal with such variables? I know this forum seems at times to consist only of professional devs, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a layman. 😉

So again, what do the nominal, min and max do? I reread it several times and I don't think I full grasp it. Possibly a related question - what is the actual chance of triggering a pack/a bear when near a spawn point? Is it affected by other instances during the same server session? Does the 'time' on the server (i.e. time since restart), or other factors, matter at all?

Can you find info about the aggro radius of a wolf pack? In the first itinerations it was possible to sneak up on them, but later I found out that no matter how much I crouch and sneak, the howling always comes before the visual. I came to conclude that they must have a 'magical detection' range. Is that true?

Do herbivores behave in any way similar to predators? I was quite sure that these spawn at the server restart and roam the map, mainly between water reservoirs (or at least that's what the devs assured us about back in the day). Can you find how many of deer/cow herds spawn? Or is there some other feature we haven't been told?

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, ATrueDayZFan said:

Honestly when you have an unstable internet connection your performance can only be so good. Whenever I play the game it performs beautifully and with no lag at all. This is thanks to my high-speed internet connection as well as an advanced computer I built all by myself (switch from the pre-builts and your experience will be much better, trust me!).

I have a very good internet connection. Im located near Amsterdam (hub for NL servers/) i have a self build i9 with a rtx2080 and i also experience lag.

So nice troll try.... 

Its Just the bandwith and Hz BI pays for. And appearently they are paying with peanuts.