Greensek

New map for DayZ is coming soon

Will this DLC map have bows and arrows and fishing ? 

Do you remember what you said we would get with dayz standalone at 1.0, and i don't mean the revised 1.0 you gave us. Let alone what we had with .62 what happened with that , oh right that didn't happen.  I will stop now before .................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could we knock it off with the 'BI broke all the promises but it's ok because DayZ still comes cheap if you played thousands of hours' argument? It sounds like a Stockholm syndrome.

Also, can anyone give me a good reason why this map comes with bears and we still can't get them in Chernarus? I've been waiting for this since 2015. And I'm not buying Livonia simply because I play Chernarus, not DayZ, and I'm not planning to move out (unless I hear very positive reviews, which I somehow doubt).

After watching the trailer carefully about 10 times, I can only assume that 1.06 update is going to be the coolest update so far. I hope I'm not wrong.

Edited by Tarkules
Removed the salt
  • Haha 1

Is simple, if you buy this you are ret**ded. Do not buy anything, so the developers realize and get to work on their bugs and errors before "working" on the new map, it is just recycling arma 3, it is reorganized chernarus. If you have a bit of dignity use it in not buying sh**s like this, stop selling for nothing. They didn't work anything on this map they just recycled and selling it. Please even a ret***d wouldn't buy this sh**t.

Even Russian communities or other communities (moders) have better development than these devs. They were able to make a better game, a clear example is codelock, balanced bases and much more. While these "devs" are only selling you pure trash with little progress.
Do not come with the sh**t that this is a great game, they advanced a lot, I bought this game in 2013, Everything they announced nothing they did and they ended up doing something else, the saddest thing you think that 1.0-1.5 is not beta. This game is barely in the beta. They preferred to take out cars (that are still flying), weapons and not fix the codelock, the bases, the physics. The codelock is luckily fixed after almost 1 year. I can continue with many more things but the truth is that something as basic as that and is not fixed and they intend to sell you something "new" is an insult, but if you buy this garbage you deserve to be insulted.

Can this game be better? Yes of course, but there is nothing that motivates to support some developers who promised a lot and did little.
I believe that dayz is unique in its kind, there is no other like this. But nothing compares the idea of wanting to see one of your favorite games successfully, but how to support some developers when the community does better things, how can you support them when they sell you cat for a hare, I want this game to be worth saying : this game is good we are going to support the developers, they are doing an excellent job but it is not like that ...
If his work were good, he wouldn't have problems even buying things to support them, but since I'm going to support developers who want to try to sell you something "revolutionary", something with "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" is impossible.

I sincerely hope you can't sell anything, too much with the poor people of Xbox and PS4 who have less than us who play on PC.

Edited by hellway13
adds
  • Like 1

Dont forget it brings with it free stuff as well as DLC stuff afaik. There's also no one forcing one to buy it  (if indeed it is charged for)🙂

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 1

Dont you mean stuff that was previously part of a promise once the engine was finished?,... overgrowth and vines etc.. I saw 2yrs ago and still never got added it was free back then, it was to be added in back then, same goes for aircraft etc.., now if this DLC has to be paid for these assets are not free,... as its part of the marketing now for the DLC map thats looks like it will be a paywall. Nobody is forcing us to buy it that is correct, also nobody will force us from not obtaining it either, Its a damn shame to see this divide be created in DayZ slapping "premium" on things now, which is known to create a segregation of wallet sizes among people, thus favor those with monetary ability greater than the other next to them, I say give the PC players the DLC for free that already own it, same with other platforms and dont adjust the purchase price for the base game across all platforms but include the DLC in that as well, That will make the price fair and not overly a ripoff which its been widely talked about. If a man has no principles or morals then what exactly makes him a man?, but if only a drone ant doing what its told.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

What next?.....Q1 2020, Norway map from Vigor plus a reindeer? 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

Dont forget it brings with it free stuff as well as DLC stuff afaik. There's also no one forcing one to buy it  (if indeed it is charged for)🙂

Let's hope the payed stuff doesn't contain any features which used to be in the game or were promised features, since ImpulZ explicitly mentioned that they wouldn't put these features behind a paywall or DLC.

As for the map, I'm on the fence with this one. On the other hand, I think a new map is a welcome addition to the game. They did mention they are going to release a new map as paid DLC at the end of the year, so I would say it's most likely a paid DLC, which I'm ok with as well. However, there are some points which don't sit too well with me. On one hand, the map is just a port from Arma 3, it would be way more awesome if it was a complete new map. Also, in the video, it shows mostly already existing assets. I would love a complete new map with new assets. It's also nice we're getting at least some of the promised or previous features back with this update, like the promised bears, radio/music and I saw a book as well. These features are most likely free otherwise they will suffer a severe backlash. I think we're only paying for the map and maybe some new features which haven't been promised or have been in the game.

Then there is the price. The map came with the Arma 3 Contact DLC, which I believe is/was around 30 euros. Obviously for a ported map and probably only a map, I'm not expecting the same price. I'm hoping for 5 euros to 10 euros. 30 euros would be as much or even more than what I paid initially for DayZ, which would be crazy.

I also see a lot of people complaining that it's bad that they're releasing a paid DLC while the game isn't finished, has a lot of bugs, is here and there unstable, etc. I'm on the fence with this one as well. As I said, the map is a nice addition but if it's too pricey or has old/promised features behind the paywall, it would be a very bad move on their part. A lot of people also think it's because they need money, which might be true. But let's not forget they made a lot of money with the initial sales of Arma 2, the standalone and the console releases, and I mean a lot of money. It's not a good marketing strategy because a lot of people might not buy it right now because the game isn't finished, not entirely stable, has a lot of bugs, etc. A better strategy was to first finish the game and yes, this might mean they lose some money but I don't think it would make them bankrupt. This would mean that a lot of people would come back to the game when it's finished or buy it and more people would buy the DLC. Now what's a better strategy, making some money now or make more money when it's finished with more potential customers for the DLC? I'd say the latter.

I also can understand why some people are disappointed because they already paid for the map in Arma 3.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

if the map cost like 1 dollars,  they  dont deserve that. has to be free and just stop scam selling trash announcement

16 minutes ago, IMT said:

Let's hope the payed stuff doesn't contain any features which used to be in the game or were promised features, since ImpulZ explicitly mentioned that they wouldn't put these features behind a paywall or DLC.

As for the map, I'm on the fence with this one. On the other hand, I think a new map is a welcome addition to the game. They did mention they are going to release a new map as paid DLC at the end of the year, so I would say it's most likely a paid DLC, which I'm ok with as well. However, there are some points which don't sit too well with me. On one hand, the map is just a port from Arma 3, it would be way more awesome if it was a complete new map. Also, in the video, it shows mostly already existing assets. I would love a complete new map with new assets. It's also nice we're getting at least some of the promised or previous features back with this update, like the promised bears, radio/music and I saw a book as well. These features are most likely free otherwise they will suffer a severe backlash. I think we're only paying for the map and maybe some new features which haven't been promised or have been in the game.

Then there is the price. The map came with the Arma 3 Contact DLC, which I believe is/was around 30 euros. Obviously for a ported map and probably only a map, I'm not expecting the same price. I'm hoping for 5 euros to 10 euros. 30 euros would be as much or even more than what I paid initially for DayZ, which would be crazy.

I also see a lot of people complaining that it's bad that they're releasing a paid DLC while the game isn't finished, has a lot of bugs, is here and there unstable, etc. I'm on the fence with this one as well. As I said, the map is a nice addition but if it's too pricey or has old/promised features behind the paywall, it would be a very bad move on their part. A lot of people also think it's because they need money, which might be true. But let's not forget they made a lot of money with the initial sales of Arma 2, the standalone and the console releases, and I mean a lot of money. It's not a good marketing strategy because a lot of people might not buy it right now because the game isn't finished, not entirely stable, has a lot of bugs, etc. A better strategy was to first finish the game and yes, this might mean they lose some money but I don't think it would make them bankrupt. This would mean that a lot of people would come back to the game when it's finished or buy it and more people would buy the DLC. Now what's a better strategy, making some money now or make more money when it's finished with more potential customers for the DLC? I'd say the latter.

I also can understand why some people are disappointed because they already paid for the map in Arma 3.

Edited by hellway13
adds

Regarding content/features that was planned ages back (e.g Bears etc), will be added to the base game when the DLC releases. I jumped the gun as well but it's clarified in this post back in July:

Q: Incoming DLC, paid content, and features?
A: The paid DLC mentioned in the Status Report isn't Survivor GameZ. And as Tim wrote, no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall*. If anything, they will be released as part of the supporting update of the game.

So basically we're getting bears and all the other jazz for Chernarus and if you don't buy the DLC, I'm kinda confused about the Ivy Growth because this was on the Trello years ago with the same building that's shown in the Livonia trailer. Is it just for this building or will it be for all them? (I was under the assumption back then it would dynamically grow on buildings). In regards the map, it's not going to cost the same as Arma 3 Contact. A3 Contact had it's completely own campaign with voice actors, new unique content specifically for it, new weapons and vehicles etc that justifies the price. I do think the Livonia map for DayZ needs to be €5-10 MAX since it's a port, most of the work was already done as part of Arma 3 development which was budgeted for. I could understand a new map being more expensive if it was unique to DayZ SA and had to be budgeted for resourcing and development, that's just part and parcel of project management when creating new projects.

Edited by Cravez

I've said this in another post and I'll say it again here -- I wish Bohemia would get away from this "let's leave them guessing" mentality when they announce things.

Why can't you just tell us when you plan to release the DLC and how much you plan to charge for it?  Why leave us to speculate like we all are doing here.

In regards to what others have said here, I have no issue with them asking for money for a new map, so long as it is a reasonable amount.  There are different groups of people working on different parts of the game, so the Map Developers aren't going to be the Bug Fixers or vice versa, for example.  I get why some of you are annoyed at them, but as others have pointed out, if this influx of additional revenue is put towards continued development and bug fixing for that much longer, then I think you have to look at this as a positive thing and not a "cash grab" or the like.

If they had said, development is now over, no more bug fixes, no more attempts at further .62 parity, but oh, here's a new map you can pay for, then yes, I'd be chirping negatively at them as well.

So, I see it as a good thing.  The game has been out for almost 6 years on PC as either an Alpha, Beta or Released game and this is the first time they will be asking for money for an add-on.  I'm fine with that as long as the efforts in regards to balancing, performance, bug fixing and some enhancements continues for the rest of this year and into 2020 and hopefully beyond.

If this becomes the norm however and next, we get Broken Bones DLC or similar, then yeah, they can shove that where the sun don't shine in that case.

Edited by drgullen
typo
  • Beans 3

3 hours ago, drgullen said:

I've said this in another post and I'll say it again here -- I wish Bohemia would get away from this "let's leave them guessing" mentality when they announce things.

Why can't you just tell us when you plan to release the DLC and how much you plan to charge for it?  Why leave us to speculate like we all are doing here.

In regards to what others have said here, I have no issue with them asking for money for a new map, so long as it is a reasonable amount.  There are different groups of people working on different parts of the game, so the Map Developers aren't going to be the Bug Fixers or vice versa, for example.  I get why some of you are annoyed at them, but as others have pointed out, if this influx of additional revenue is put towards continued development and bug fixing for that much longer, then I think you have to look at this as a positive thing and not a "cash grab" or the like.

If they had said, development is now over, no more bug fixes, no more attempts at further .62 parity, but oh, here's a new map you can pay for, then yes, I'd be chirping negatively at them as well.

So, I see it as a good thing.  The game has been out for almost 6 years on PC as either an Alpha, Beta or Released game and this is the first time they will be asking for money for an add-on.  I'm fine with that as long as the efforts in regards to balancing, performance, bug fixing and some enhancements continues for the rest of this year and into 2020 and hopefully beyond.

If this becomes the norm however and next, we get Broken Bones DLC or similar, then yeah, they can shove that where the sun don't shine in that case.

Apparently you don't know enough about these developers. Literally I can spend hours and hours talking about what they promised and never did, to say something they were going to do and they didn't do it. They come with a new map when the game supposedly "IS NOT IN BETA" and it is.. but the title says other things.. This project can not be considered a game, when it has no physics done, balanced bases, many bugs of ui and objects in the game. These developers get an update with new cars when they have cars flying, a base system when the combination lock was 3 digits and could be hacked easily and of course remember invisible walls (you could pass through the walls) and after server restart the combination lock it change itself, it took about 4 months to create a combination lock of 4 then and above all a combination lock that change itself too. Only fixed it later in the month 7. But the funniest thing that the community modders early in 2019 had already created the combination lock mod without change itself, balanced bases. Basically the community are better developers than the developers themselves. And you want to expect something from them? You still need to know, it is impossible to see something positive in this and less expect this. When the community develops are better than your company, it means your business is garbage.
I'll say it again if the dlc is 1 dollar they don't deserve it..
To deserve it you have to demonstrate an improvement before, they want to get a new map and give something different to the community, perfect do it for free .. Then when they show an improvement the same community will support them .. But if there are id**ts people who pay to believe what they sell is good when they do nothing, the only thing they deserve is sh**t.
The only thing you do by "supporting" paying for this is that they do not work and give them money, when they are not selling you anything and if money comes easy it means less work.

Is just a cash grab. Go and see the new bohemian xbox game called VIGOR is dayz but new gen, with all the best physical and base system. 

Instead of giving the community a gift to cover their game crap a little, they want to sell it to you hahahaha. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THAT.

Edited by hellway13
types

On 9/25/2019 at 1:10 AM, Cravez said:

Will this be free? If not then Bears should really be added to Chernarus+ also considering they've been an intended feature for years. Potentially locking off certain planned features to new maps behind a paywall would be kind of a kick in the teeth.

That being said, new map will always be good for variety.

No it's not going to be free and yes I think it's really unreasonable to ask more money from those who bought the game back when it was on alpha state and had to wait so many years to get some what playable version of the game therefore this new dlc should be free for those who bought the game on early access as gift with card saying "We're sorry" I know why it's been taking for so long for them to make the game and honestly I understand it but that should still not be excuse to ask more money from us who backed the project years ago and got bugs and glitches in return as what I think this dlc should be free for those who bought the game back when it was on beta state and what comes to those who bought in on alpha state well they should deserve to get so called "season pass" including this dlc and every other dlc on the future for free giving the first backers the appreciation they deserve

EDIT: Ps. also yes add bears to chernarus+ 

Edited by mindhertz

Simply the idea of being able to experience DayZ on a new map makes me kinda excited. I already have Livonia on A3 but I haven't played it that much that I consider myself experienced with the roads in this fictional Baltic state.

I'm wondering about the price like so many others though. € 10 or maximum € 15 will be decent. But it also depends on how much work went into the map in comparison with the A3 version. Having the A3 Livonia in the back if my mind, it needs to have an decent overhaul to match the more apocalyptic style and also the forests felt more A3'ish than DayZ. Because it will be kinda shady to sell a map with barely any changes for a second time. Anyway we will see.

What I mostly wonder about is what will accompany this dlc release in the terms of features and content. Knowing the style BI has with dlc for A3, I'm very confident that we pay for the map and get the content and features in Chernarus as well. I do sincerely hope that whatever improvements to interiors, ivy growth, ruined buildings and other assets will find its way to the Chernarus map as well. It will be a pity if Chernarus would be lacking in quality in comparison with the new Livonia.

I can understand that some might feel like not purchasing it though. The 1.0 release was ridiculous and now almost one year later we still do not have a full functional game cycle with flying cars and unbalanced base building. But this is more of a problem on calling it a 'finished game' than development progress, as progress is coming around nicely in general. Anyhow, people can make up their own choice if they want the DLC or not. I for one will probably be buying it.

Bla bla bla I want free stuff because...jesus, you guys are spoiled AF. Anyone who joined into early access already got the game for much less then release price and most likely sporting hundreds of hours gametime. I got my fair share of fun out of the game and if I can support further development with 10€ or something, I will do it. The map looks good, we already know that everything except the map is also going into the main game and bugfixing is also continuing. Stop bitching already.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ
typos, its still early
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

7 hours ago, hellway13 said:

Apparently you don't know enough about these developers. Literally I can spend hours and hours talking about what they promised and never did, to say something they were going to do and they didn't do it. They come with a new map when the game supposedly "IS NOT IN BETA" and it is.. but the title says other things.. This project can not be considered a game, when it has no physics done, balanced bases, many bugs of ui and objects in the game. These developers get an update with new cars when they have cars flying, a base system when the combination lock was 3 digits and could be hacked easily and of course remember invisible walls (you could pass through the walls) and after server restart the combination lock it change itself, it took about 4 months to create a combination lock of 4 then and above all a combination lock that change itself too. Only fixed it later in the month 7. But the funniest thing that the community modders early in 2019 had already created the combination lock mod without change itself, balanced bases. Basically the community are better developers than the developers themselves. And you want to expect something from them? You still need to know, it is impossible to see something positive in this and less expect this. When the community develops are better than your company, it means your business is garbage.
To deserve it you have to demonstrate an improvement before, they want to get a new map and give something different to the community, perfect do it for free .. Then when they show an improvement the same community will support them .. But if there are id**ts people who pay to believe what they sell is good when they do nothing, the only thing they deserve is sh**t.
The only thing you do by "supporting" paying for this is that they do not work and give them money, when they are not selling you anything and if money comes easy it means less work.

Is just a cash grab. Go and see the new bohemian xbox game called VIGOR is dayz but new gen, with all the best physical and base system. 

Instead of giving the community a gift to cover their game crap a little, they want to sell it to you hahahaha. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THAT.

I'm quoting this one since the quote on my post has the same information as this one and this one has more.

To react to your original quote on my post: they do deserve it, if the price is reasonable and there is no previous or promised features behind the paywall. There has gone some work in the map and it's not that this work took from development of the game. Or would you have the map designers rather sitting in the office all day, jerking?

A lot of people who are long-term players like me, feel this map as refreshing since most of us know Chernarus out the back of our hands. So having that feeling of being "lost" again is going to be refreshing. Also, this map is paired with some old and promised features, which come free with the DLC I presume, which is a big positive. Although I wished they stated a long time ago, that some features will come to the game at a later stage combined with a surprise (the map). We can only speculate for now what these features and content are going to be and grab what we can from the video. But for all we know, we're getting a quad bike, since the terrain is mostly forest. We'll have to wait for more information.

As multiple people already stated, with a price of 5 euros, I would definitely buy. 10 euros is going to be most likely and 15 euros is a maybe. Anything over that is a no-go for me. I think 10 euros would be a fair price.

And no way I'm saying that development is going great, because it isn't and I have expressed that multiple times. But I feel a lot of people are overreacting with the little information we got.

• Beans 1

45 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Bla bla bla I want free stuff because...jesus, you guys are spoiled AF. Anyone who joined into early access already got the game for much less then release price and most likely sporting hundreds of hours gametime. I got my fair share of fun out of the game and if I can support further development with 10€ or something, I will do it. The map looks good, we already know that everything except the map is also going into the main game and bugfixing is also continuing. Stop bitching already.

Spent $30 at 1.0 release and probably 400ish hours. The game just sucks you in. The dozens of experiences w friends and randoms was sure worth that $30.

Just let the community know if it's more than $10-$15 or not. Would end all this price speculation. No doubt in my mind every single DayZ player is excited to get lost in a brand new land again. Make the right choice BI and price it reasonably. $20+ would tank their already horrible reputation with the community. The same community that's most likely to buy this DLC lol

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:13 PM, Riki68 said:

On a stable branch servers constantly hang, and you want to release DLC. Why buy it? what to watch as servers hang even more? configure first operability of servers, and then sell DLC

It's not a game problem it's their servers are shit the machines they are hosted on are shit and cars are server related so find a good quality server for the cars to work properly

23 hours ago, Vigil Vindex said:

So many people asking about this map as if it is new. Devs are even posting screenshots lol. Livonia has been out on Arma 3 for months. The map was created for Arma 3, it has been sold for Arma 3, and now we are being told to buy it again for DayZ. The problem being this isn't like Chernarus, a map that was made for Arma 2 and updated for DayZ and restricted from being ported to Arma 3. Now we have a map designed for Arma 3 being ported to DayZ. It makes me wonder just how much work is being done once then charged for twice.

I have heard that Livonia was actually being made for DayZ but ported to ArmA... And also porting a map from ArmA to DayZ isn't really simple it's literally months of work and knowing the differencr between 2 games i feel like DayZ will have more detail to it then ArmA 

23 hours ago, Dayzish said:

When will we get it ???

Xbox stream said November 13th

22 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Will this DLC map have bows and arrows and fishing ? 

Do you remember what you said we would get with dayz standalone at 1.0, and i don't mean the revised 1.0 you gave us. Let alone what we had with .62 what happened with that , oh right that didn't happen.  I will stop now before .................

I mean it's looking like it's gonna be a big update so maybe we will get bows and fishing but a big maybe

21 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Could we knock it off with the 'BI broke all the promises but it's ok because DayZ still comes cheap if you played thousands of hours' argument? It sounds like a Stockholm syndrome.

Also, can anyone give me a good reason why this map comes with bears and we still can't get them in Chernarus? I've been waiting for this since 2015. And I'm not buying Livonia simply because I play Chernarus, not DayZ, and I'm not planning to move out (unless I hear very positive reviews, which I somehow doubt).

The reason we are getting Bears with the Livonia update is because Livonia is Poland and the Bear is a refference to Polish Army bear they used during i think world war 2.. Google it

Also only the map is what you pay for not the assets on it assets are free for everyone and modders will be able to use the vines and broken buildings Sumrak saaid Hundreds of new assets

20 hours ago, hellway13 said:

Is simple, if you buy this you are ret**ded. Do not buy anything, so the developers realize and get to work on their bugs and errors before "working" on the new map, it is just recycling arma 3, it is reorganized chernarus. If you have a bit of dignity use it in not buying sh**s like this, stop selling for nothing. They didn't work anything on this map they just recycled and selling it. Please even a ret***d wouldn't buy this sh**t.

Even Russian communities or other communities (moders) have better development than these devs. They were able to make a better game, a clear example is codelock, balanced bases and much more. While these "devs" are only selling you pure trash with little progress.
Do not come with the sh**t that this is a great game, they advanced a lot, I bought this game in 2013, Everything they announced nothing they did and they ended up doing something else, the saddest thing you think that 1.0-1.5 is not beta. This game is barely in the beta. They preferred to take out cars (that are still flying), weapons and not fix the codelock, the bases, the physics. The codelock is luckily fixed after almost 1 year. I can continue with many more things but the truth is that something as basic as that and is not fixed and they intend to sell you something "new" is an insult, but if you buy this garbage you deserve to be insulted.

Can this game be better? Yes of course, but there is nothing that motivates to support some developers who promised a lot and did little.
I believe that dayz is unique in its kind, there is no other like this. But nothing compares the idea of wanting to see one of your favorite games successfully, but how to support some developers when the community does better things, how can you support them when they sell you cat for a hare, I want this game to be worth saying : this game is good we are going to support the developers, they are doing an excellent job but it is not like that ...
If his work were good, he wouldn't have problems even buying things to support them, but since I'm going to support developers who want to try to sell you something "revolutionary", something with "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" is impossible.

I sincerely hope you can't sell anything, too much with the poor people of Xbox and PS4 who have less than us who play on PC.

The map had to be remade because of the engine difference between the games... It's literally months of work and plus we will probably get more details on it because of Enfusion compared to ArmA version

19 hours ago, EO said:

What next?.....Q1 2020, Norway map from Vigor plus a reindeer? 

Actually that would be dope... Many people would love that

19 hours ago, IMT said:

The map had to be remade for DayZ enfusion engine it's months of work that needs to be payed for and also for ArmA you got the map and the campaign with some items

18 hours ago, Cravez said:

Regarding content/features that was planned ages back (e.g Bears etc), will be added to the base game when the DLC releases. I jumped the gun as well but it's clarified in this post back in July:

So basically we're getting bears and all the other jazz for Chernarus and if you don't buy the DLC, I'm kinda confused about the Ivy Growth because this was on the Trello years ago with the same building that's shown in the Livonia trailer. Is it just for this building or will it be for all them? (I was under the assumption back then it would dynamically grow on buildings). In regards the map, it's not going to cost the same as Arma 3 Contact. A3 Contact had it's completely own campaign with voice actors, new unique content specifically for it, new weapons and vehicles etc that justifies the price. I do think the Livonia map for DayZ needs to be €5-10 MAX since it's a port, most of the work was already done as part of Arma 3 development which was budgeted for. I could understand a new map being more expensive if it was unique to DayZ SA and had to be budgeted for resourcing and development, that's just part and parcel of project management when creating new projects.

It has to be remade for Enfusion engine it's literally months of work and also there are hundreds of free assets that are used on Livonia also the vines/ivy growth those are separate assets Sumrak said the destroyed buildings and vines are assets available for modders to use on custom maps for free stuff comes with the platform update

15 hours ago, hellway13 said:

Vigor is made on Unreal Engine and is a different genre of the game and it's stupid they made it a console exclusive it would be really good on PC

7 hours ago, amadieus said:

Simply the idea of being able to experience DayZ on a new map makes me kinda excited. I already have Livonia on A3 but I haven't played it that much that I consider myself experienced with the roads in this fictional Baltic state.

I'm wondering about the price like so many others though. € 10 or maximum € 15 will be decent. But it also depends on how much work went into the map in comparison with the A3 version. Having the A3 Livonia in the back if my mind, it needs to have an decent overhaul to match the more apocalyptic style and also the forests felt more A3'ish than DayZ. Because it will be kinda shady to sell a map with barely any changes for a second time. Anyway we will see.

What I mostly wonder about is what will accompany this dlc release in the terms of features and content. Knowing the style BI has with dlc for A3, I'm very confident that we pay for the map and get the content and features in Chernarus as well. I do sincerely hope that whatever improvements to interiors, ivy growth, ruined buildings and other assets will find its way to the Chernarus map as well. It will be a pity if Chernarus would be lacking in quality in comparison with the new Livonia.

I can understand that some might feel like not purchasing it though. The 1.0 release was ridiculous and now almost one year later we still do not have a full functional game cycle with flying cars and unbalanced base building. But this is more of a problem on calling it a 'finished game' than development progress, as progress is coming around nicely in general. Anyhow, people can make up their own choice if they want the DLC or not. I for one will probably be buying it.

Oh yea it will definitely get the vines and destroyed buildings and a lot of that shit on Chernarus but not with this update it's too much to be made probably we will get them over time and also all those hundreds of new assets are free with the update for modders to use 

7 hours ago, IMT said:

I'm quoting this one since the quote on my post has the same information as this one and this one has more.

To react to your original quote on my post: they do deserve it, if the price is reasonable and there is no previous or promised features behind the paywall. There has gone some work in the map and it's not that this work took from development of the game. Or would you have the map designers rather sitting in the office all day, jerking?

A lot of people who are long-term players like me, feel this map as refreshing since most of us know Chernarus out the back of our hands. So having that feeling of being "lost" again is going to be refreshing. Also, this map is paired with some old and promised features, which come free with the DLC I presume, which is a big positive. Although I wished they stated a long time ago, that some features will come to the game at a later stage combined with a surprise (the map). We can only speculate for now what these features and content are going to be and grab what we can from the video. But for all we know, we're getting a quad bike, since the terrain is mostly forest. We'll have to wait for more information.

As multiple people already stated, with a price of 5 euros, I would definitely buy. 10 euros is going to be most likely and 15 euros is a maybe. Anything over that is a no-go for me. I think 10 euros would be a fair price.

And no way I'm saying that development is going great, because it isn't and I have expressed that multiple times. But I feel a lot of people are overreacting with the little information we got.

We're getting quad bikes? How do you know? 

1 hour ago, Norvern said:

I think the words 'Premium DLC' indicate it will be pay to play.

Map made for another game + bear = Premium 😄
Only in DayZ.

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

We're getting quad bikes? How do you know? 

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that for all we know, we're getting quad bikes. In other words, we don't know which new or old features we're going to get with the DLC.

• Like 1

You do not believe that the money they are going to win goes to the game vigor? really?  Similarly beyond that. As I said before I can spend hours and hours talking about mistakes they had and what it took to repair .. But instead of repairing them at that time taking out useless things. It's like creating a new weapon when you can't shoot in the game ..

12 hours ago, Seitan said:

Map made for another game + bear = Premium 😄
Only in DayZ.

No.. Bears are not a part of the DLC they are a part of an update that comes with the DLC only DLC related things here is only the map you're paying for the map it has already been confirmed by Sumrak... All the new assets on the Livonia map are free and part of the platform update and is available for modders to use on custom maps like vines and destroyed buildings

Edit: Also bears are kinda the key part of the Livonia because it's Poland based and the Bear is a refference to Polish Army Bear

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)

Moderator-EDIT: Removed unnecessary insult. Please keep it civil.

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Ahh don't you like to see dumb people like this... No.. Bears are not a part of the DLC they are a part of an update that comes with the DLC only DLC related things here is only the map you're paying for the map it has already been confirmed by Sumrak... All the new assets on the Livonia map are free and part of the platform update and is available for modders to use on custom maps like vines and destroyed buildings

Edit: Also bears are kinda the key part of the Livonia because it's Poland based and the Bear is a refference to Polish Army Bear

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)

Without the "dumb" comment this would have been a good answer. *reported*

I've already bought the map in ArmA. Nice map.

If the new Map is a Pay DLC, then Good Bye Bugz.

Fix the Game First, then Grab new Money.