Greensek

New map for DayZ is coming soon

dayz_livonia_keyart_v1_2019_4K -forum.png

With 163KM2, Livonia is the second official map of DayZ.
After 5 years in Chernarus, players will now be able to bring everything they learned in this new challenge.

Based on the Arma 3 Contact Expansion's map, Dayz's Livonia brings a world scarred by the consequences of the virus. 
With its large green areas, heavily forested zones, lakes and rivers scattered across the land, Livonia is the perfect place to scavenge for resources, hunt for food, build your base and scout for unwanted presences. 

But don't let the beautiful landscapes of this new region fool you, there is a new predator roaming the forests of Livonia, bears.
Bears will give you a hard time if you don't know how to deal with them.
Do you have what it takes to survive this new threat?

Livonia also features a lush of late summer with frequent rainfall and thunderstorms. So make sure to be properly geared and on the look out for shelter at all times.

Embrace this new challenge and prepare to get lost in the vast lands of Livonia, either together with your allies or, as a lone wolf.

See you in Livonia, Survivor.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 5

Will this be free? If not then Bears should really be added to Chernarus+ also considering they've been an intended feature for years. Potentially locking off certain planned features to new maps behind a paywall would be kind of a kick in the teeth.

That being said, new map will always be good for variety.

Edited by Cravez
  • Like 7

So will I have to pay again for Livonia in DayZ after already purchasing that content for Arma 3?

• Like 5

OK, my dear BI folks.... If you release this Map as a paid DLC....you had BETTER offer a combined full Chenarus/Livonia hybrid map for us as well...(If the servers can actually handle it)...

That 44 second clip was definitely not worth waiting for, guys...this should have been a 10 minute walkthrough....almost makes me think it isn't even ready yet, sorry.

I admit that it looks very, very good, though. The assets seem to compliment the environment well.

Edited by philbur
  • Beans 1

I have only 2 questions:

1. How much will we play for this?
2. When will we pay for this? 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

@Greensek

So....IS that all the info we are going to get? Or are there better details coming soon?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Anti-climatic AND no date? You guys really struggle with communications and building excitement.

And you don't understand your player-base: "Livonia also features a lush of late summer with frequent rainfall and thunderstorms. So make sure to be properly geared and on the look out for shelter at all times." - This will be experienced on 1 or 2 servers as the DayZ community is challenge-averse. As soon as 99% of server owners get their hands on it... bam 24hr days and clear skies. Oh well, maybe the bears will make it a challenge.

• Like 1

If that rope on the outside of the backpack suggests different ways of organizing the inventory or alludes to using ropes to climb, that would be great... but I suspect neither.

I really love all the "feature bloat" you had to cut from the main game showing up in paid DLC which is otherwise just repackaged A2 and A3 assets.   You've really outdone yourselves this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We really need to know if we are expected to buy this map again or not. I already own the Contact DLC and barely use it besides the Campaign. Please let there be some form of pass for us who spent the money already for Livonia!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Cravez said:

Will this be free? If not then Bears should really be added to Chernarus+ also considering they've been an intended feature for years. Potentially locking off certain planned features to new maps behind a paywall would be kind of a kick in the teeth.

That would indeed be a dick move deluxe. Bears have been talked about for years as a planned feature, not as a DLC. Whats next, Helicopter DLC like https://store.steampowered.com/app/304380/Arma_3_Helicopters/?snr=1_16_16__1059&curator_clanid=2799889 ?

At least some more infomation for this big announcement would have been nice...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DrDeSync said:

We really need to know if we are expected to buy this map again or not. I already own the Contact DLC and barely use it besides the Campaign. Please let there be some form of pass for us who spent the money already for Livonia!

Of course you will have to buy it again .. 2 different games, Im just glad I didnt buy a3 dlc. But it supports BI so I would have anyway !

Edited by Chainsaw_Squirrel

Would not call this a big announcement I only see this being successful on PC consoles are still riddled with a ton of issues and we get this down our throat fix the basics first I don't even want to guess how much you guys will charge for this  and expect people to be on board not going to happen this time around 

• Like 1

This dlc has to be free to players who bought the game early or free all for multiple things like bugs (this game still has flying cars... is like are you joking right?), unfinished things, copy paste map arma 3, is chenarus with reorder and some new houses, these devs not make anything in this map is just a copy paste and selling like dlc. Is the same thing if i put chernarus in arma 3, i dont work anything i just put the same ***** thing. And are trying to sell us really? this is an out of season of april fools show or something? If you buy this im gonna tell you, you are re***ded.

Edited by hellway13
adds
  • Like 1

Too bad there won't be any players left when this comes out.  Don't know about PC or PS, but Xbox servers are virtually empty because you won't fix basic things that make the game not worth playing and you completely ignore your customers.  Did you actually think this "big announcement" would help your situation?  There are endless complaints that you do not respond and to stop adding things and just fix the basics yet you still ignore us.  Well my friends as BI, you will know how it feels to be ignored when and if this new map actually comes out and no one buys it.

😒 If this has to be bought Im afraid that it may well be the straw that breaks the camels back for most of us after we get told there will be no paywall etc.. etc.. and then reneging and rewording everything to justify having to pay for it.

• Beans 1

Hopefully it's a expansion pack of the map I dont see why they couldnt do it. Chernarus is big and theres plenty of land left to scape!. Please give us what we want and make sure its smooth, you guys have been working on this for a long time, honestly the best game I've ever got my hands on with all the beautiful disasters that come with it.!

8 hours ago, raigprime said:

And you don't understand your player-base: "Livonia also features a lush of late summer with frequent rainfall and thunderstorms. So make sure to be properly geared and on the look out for shelter at all times." - This will be experienced on 1 or 2 servers as the DayZ community is challenge-averse. As soon as 99% of server owners get their hands on it... bam 24hr days and clear skies. Oh well, maybe the bears will make it a challenge.

That’s up to the server owners. The only obligations BI have are to official servers. Remember those? They still exist! 

1 hour ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

😒 If this has to be bought Im afraid that it may well be the straw that breaks the camels back for most of us after we get told there will be no paywall etc.. etc.. and then reneging and rewording everything to justify having to pay for it.

A few months ago, they said that “features/content would NOT be locked behind a paywall. If anything they will be released as accompanying updates”. It would be harsh to think that also includes a new terrain.

I don’t really understand this community sometimes. Most people here have an embarrassingly high amount of hours in DayZ. A lot even bought it for the dirt cheap early access price... yet the thought of spending a bit more money on it, drives them into a frenzy.

It’s optional DLC for one of your favourite games... Talk about first world problems... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Bears and other things can be used in the main game as well according to MS dude: https://mixer.com/Xbox?vod=knbZZtZXFE6nO9IbXqYyjQ So it will most likely work like some of the Arma DLCs, maybe a low texture bear :D

Skip to 1h31min, thats pretty much the only info I found useful in this whole livestream. That and the AC7 DLC, it looks nice.

Please BIS, never make me watch something like that again. PLEASE. My brain melted halfway though.

I love it. But I hope they fix the current map issues instead of putting their focus on new maps and forgetting the current one .

11 minutes ago, Crazy 8 said:

I love it. But I hope they fix the current map issues instead of putting their focus on new maps and forgetting the current one .

fixing issues/making old content available?

4scs9bh0nif11.png

lol this is BI you are talking about, they cant even fix issues from OFP in arma 3 and that’s 18 years old, what do you expect from them in 6 years

looks like they’re trying to get their source code/files stolen like few years ago, so some russian communities can get bigger development progress in 1 month then they did in 2 years, because i can’t explain this level of incompetence otherwise