xKJCxDaRkMaN

Test server Password?

So i just noticed there are stress tests and a test server for xbox now. Yes i wanna join up an help make dayz great again. How do i come about a password? @ImpulZ

• Beans 3

Test servers are usually for BI employees, mods, and a few select others who typically have to sign an NDA while testing new features that may or may not be implemented.

I doubt the average player will be given access.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Those servers are usually just for in house use to test upcoming patches or used by Microsoft as part of the patch verification process to check stability etc before any updates are rolled out. I personally would love to see a few official Bohemia DayZ Experimental servers on Xbox just like on PC so everyone can test future potential content for updates, i think it'd really help iron out bugs with increased games testing & create more of a rapport between the community and the dev team. 

• Beans 3

9 hours ago, Nayte said:

Test servers are usually for BI employees, mods, and a few select others who typically have to sign an NDA while testing new features that may or may not be implemented.

I doubt the average player will be given access.

Now not yet for BI but i have been part of closed alphas for major titles like EA, Rare, Ubisoft ect... I know how they work. Shit im under NDA for Microsoft all day for the last 5 yrs. I get new stuff for my xbox at least 3 to 4 months before alot of the community. Kinda sucks because my console needs to update every morning at 4am but hey its worth it.

4 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Now not yet for BI but i have been part of closed alphas for major titles like EA, Rare, Ubisoft ect... I know how they work. Shit im under NDA for Microsoft all day for the last 5 yrs. I get new stuff for my xbox at least 3 to 4 months before alot of the community. Kinda sucks because my console needs to update every morning at 4am but hey its worth it.

Yeah. Same, but not for so many titles on my side tho.

Announced on Twitter that the test servers are available to play in. You get a new character in this server but you don't lose your existing one.

Also the pop is 75 and appears to be a "locked server test" as mentioned by @TheYetiBum 😮

Edited by Tino81
  • Thanks 1

This all sounds promising and will definitely stop ghosting and server hopping. I don't know how to dupe, so would this stop duping too or can dupers rejoin the same server to duplicate? 

Hopping and ghosting are certainly annoying but duping appears to be the big issue that affects loot economy the most. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 2

They've also said a second server is open with a 100 pop.

Someone has also said they found a gift box which is from the PC 1.03 update 😲 

Sounds like things could be slowly in motion.

• Beans 1

21 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This all sounds promising and will definitely stop ghosting and server hopping. I don't know how to dupe, so would this stop duping too or can dupers rejoin the same server to duplicate? 

Hopping and ghosting are certainly annoying but duping appears to be the big issue that affects loot economy the most. 

I'm guilty of hopping but mainly now to find a day server. Although the last couple of times I've spent a bit longer in the dark doing some travelling. Slow travelling that is lol.

Edited by Tino81
Grammar edit
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Announced on Twitter that the test servers are available to play in. You get a new character in this server but you don't lose your existing one.

Also the pop is 75 and appears to be a "locked server test" as mentioned by @TheYetiBum 😮

Yeah, was checking these servers, the queue on one of these test servers is very High 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Yeah, was checking these servers, the queue on one of these test servers is very High 🤣

I'm going to be online later this evening so might check it out if the queue isn't daft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tino81 said:

I'm guilty of hopping but mainly now to find a day server. Although the last couple of times I've spent a bit longer in the dark doing some travelling. Slow travelling that is lol.

Server hopping doesn't really bother me. Off people want to do it, that's five. It's always been a thing on dayz. We all know duping is the real issue. People hop servers to gear up our, as you mention, avoid night. But the dupers just duplicate items to a ridiculous level that really does affect the LE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm fine with server hopping. Being locked down to 1 server would suck. There are way more people to interact with than one server allows. This would restrict the open ended possibilities this game offers by a lot. I would like to see duping eradicated without locking servers. 

• Beans 1

They should offer a separate test game to work with like pubg did, also the option of a few locked servers not all is what some of us want.

• Beans 1

If I wanted to do some base building and have a more RP style game I would choose to do that on a locked server for obvious reasons. 

But otherwise I agree, locking servers is restrictive on other ways. 

I'm guessing patch this week. Thusday or wednesday