ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.150980

1 hour ago, Supe2licious said:

You can be lucky with a cheaper monitor but that is not the point.

The point is, that night time is not even, and that is a no go in a game like this.

The majority of the gamers and noble custormers of this game don not like the night time like it was and the data is proving this!

Bohemia and the developers have noticed this, and they try to give a fix so all players have a fair chance in game.

We have a fair chance but players like you refused to use the in game tools to adapt and make up bullshit stories that it's too dark and other people have an unfair advantage. 

• Beans 5

1 hour ago, Supe2licious said:

Just try to Login on another Server or try after waiting for some minutes.
Your char will be good in the meantime 😉

Thanks just tried and it works,,,, Yea👍👍👍😁. But alas Char wipe So back to the Grind too Find,,,See ya all out there and Big Thank again

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Your poll is tainted. You're quoting a lot of people against the personal night light and telling them to vote. You're not telling people to vote when they don't mind the personal night light.

That poll means next to nothing now for the devs since your convincing people to vote and only convince people who are on your side.

Everybody can see it. Everybody can see my calls for voting. I've told about 6 people total. If they had not voted, it would still be 22/5. Feel free to make the poll mean more to something again by telling people who are opposed to it 😉

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 1

ISSUES I've found this patch:

-Health. We still heal up way too fast, atleast make it as slow as the blood regen is now, please. It feels like we are playing call of duty since 0.63, no consequences of getting hurt. I know that's a harsh statement, but it sure as hell don't feel like a hardcore survival game right now.

-No wolves? I have not had any wolves spawn in the last 3 experimental patches.

-Please get rid of the personal night light. Since this has been implemented I haven't seen a single person use a flashlight including me, even during firefights.

-ADS toggle. Please make an option to disable and rebind this.

-Sounds not being heard. A LOT of gunshots is soundless, including bullet snaps.

-Too much food around, as I've mentioned before. I've never had to hunt an animal for food since 0.63 dropped.

7 hours ago, Supe2licious said:

The silent majortiy of players has a big big big big big problem with the dayz-nights beeing way to dark.

Only the hardcore Gamers with 500 €, 800 € or even more expensive monitors are satisfied with this kind of unfair game play … so they can rule 80 % of the gamers at night time easily and the cheapest way.

The Dayz-Team has the measures .. nobody wants to play at night time, the night time servers are empty and the daytime servers are full.

In a game like dayz, there should not be such great unbalance between the players.

So it is most important, to even that unfair situations.

Don´t whine about equal treatment!

The cost of your monitor won’t change that, I have also have only a $200 monitor. Knowing how to adjust your monitor/tv’s contrast/brightness and playing with these settings will help. Too low and everything will be pitch black, too high and everything will be washed out and covered in over bright “noise” that was added to stop the gamma/ brightness exploitation.

for reference, I cannot see much of anything at all on the darkest nights (just the silhouette and basic details) unless something is white or a brighter colour and I do need to use a light source to see well.

the server I play on also used increased lumens which is a great mod for increasing the range and brightness of light and night only lasts for about half an hour which is a prefect balance.

as you say day servers are full and night servers are not, so adding a feature that is hated by people who currently play the full night and day is going to change that? I doubt it, some will try then realize they still only want to play during daylight and go back to 24h Day. Only change will be whoever currently enjoys dark nights will have their gameplay experience dulled down

• Beans 3

11 hours ago, akafugitive said:

as you say day servers are full and night servers are not, so adding a feature that is hated by people who currently play the full night and day is going to change that? I doubt it, some will try then realize they still only want to play during daylight and go back to 24h Day. Only change will be whoever currently enjoys dark nights will have their gameplay experience dulled down

Yeah, agree. I've not noticed more players staying in night time with the personal night light feature, only thing I've noticed are flashlights not being used.

22 minutes ago, TAMW said:

Yeah, agree. I've not noticed more players staying in night time with the personal night light feature, only thing I've noticed are flashlights not being used.

Honestly I’ve tried changing my settings to see what the purpose for this was but the only thing I find it does is;

-forests floors are still dark but trees out to about 25 meters are perfectly visible 

- interior ambience is wrecked due to the room you are in being fully lit by a blue filter

I think if this is set to be a feature at least have the filter be more of a darker grey and only out to about 5 meters

i will say though the following are great additions;

- ACOG top sights working properly

- item re-sized in inventory(though I wish the icon size was slightly condensed)

- plate carrier/Smersh vest pouches making a return

-zombies reaction to sound (though in this patch they seem to turn and run directly towards you again when they are hit, and are not reacting to ground impacts anymore)

I really hope the zombies reacting to gound impacts makes a return, forming a horde and moving them around at a distance can be quite entertaining

Edited by akafugitive

14 hours ago, TAMW said:

-No wolves? I have not had any wolves spawn in the last 3 experimental patches.

wolves are there . . I currently see them/meet them in the northern part of the map . . near mil sites troitskoe or tisy base, or polesovo, ratnoe

it seems to be a random throw if they spawn or not. Sometimes they spawn far away and you hear the hunting howl .  ..  or they spawn right next to you. both in packs or singly

Edited by aux7

5 hours ago, TAMW said:

it is, because the patch is experimental only - not online on stable servers.

PLUS - it will take time for the players to realise and adapt to the new situation.

We, here in the forum, are the Core-Players. We read pacht notes, do bug testing and much more.

The majority of dayz players do not have our understanding and level of Information.

It will take time for the majority to realise they can play in the night now ...

• Beans 2

Atleast make it so the Admins can turn on/off the night light.  So I don't need to get another mod just to turn of something off

• Beans 1

there is a bug where the item on the ground doesnt show in loot menu and it cannot be picked up by F, happened in military tents where a can was on bench and with glasses on the stove

Edited by hyz4

On 3/30/2019 at 7:04 PM, akafugitive said:

My personal view re the night light is against .  . but

looking at the server data on DayZ DE 1-2 (Experimental/Unstable), from 9am this morning, player numbers does not drop below 10 at any DayZ time. Now (20.00) its night on that server (01.30) and it is averaging 30 players. On a normal server with no night light,  player numbers drops to between 1 & 4 at any time of the day for DayZ night.

So you could say from the DayZ BI point of view the night light is a success . . . . . The people who like their nights dark are in the minority

when (if) this goes live to the public servers, I would expect the same behaviour. In my opinion it could even invert player behaviour, as it means you cannot be seen so easily when playing (at night) by other players, but can carry on as if it were almost day time .. . No players seeing you from a distance and tracking/shooting you

Edited by aux7
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, aux7 said:

My personal view re the night light is against .  . but

looking at the server data on DayZ DE 1-2 (Experimental/Unstable), from 9am this morning, player numbers does not drop below 10 at any DayZ time. Now (20.00) its night on that server (01.30) and it is averaging 30 players. On a normal server with no night light,  player numbers drops to between 1 & 4 at any time of the day for DayZ night.

So you could say from the DayZ BI point of view the night light is a success . . . . . The people who like their nights dark are in the minority

when (if) this goes live to the public servers, I would expect the same behaviour. In my opinion it could even invert player behaviour, as it means you cannot be seen so easily when playing (at night) by other players, but can carry on as if it were almost day time .. . No players seeing you from a distance and tracking/shooting you

Isn’t that just because 8pm is always busier than 9am? Also, people playing experimental probably want to test out the nightlight. We can only know the true popularity by monitoring stable data a few week’s after it launches.

• Thanks 1

As a stable official only player I’m not interested in even trying out the night light. I appreciate that they’re looking into different ways to manage the issue and very happy to see they started at the most ridiculous adaptation and will hopefully evolve to something just a tad more realistic. 

I’m sure nothing other than pure vanilla night will be good enough for some idiots who run an empty server with much zombies because for some reason the number of zombies isn’t good enough in vanilla but the night is- but having sex lights under my character’s balls doesn’t strike me as the fix that is appropriate for the game. 

People who have more than 2 brain cells have figured out the gamma correction anyway so why not just pull back on the night shift just a little. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

Good day. Dear developers! I increasingly notice that the caliber 7.62x54 and 308 does not kill in the head with a tactical helmet. This caliber since the 1st World War, in order to be able to kill a horse. He is not something that would be in the head but in the body should kill with one shot. And with a tactical helmet we get unconscious. And another thing about stamina, don't you think what x3 can do for example.

37 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Isn’t that just because 8pm is always busier than 9am?

Sure, but the point I was trying to make was that the numbers playing during DayZ night on "exp" are so much higher than normal. There is a dead time between 0100 CET and 0700 CET then the numbers gradually increase until the popular hours from 1800 to 2300. But with the current "stable" night conditions numbers rarely get above 4 even at the most popular times.

41 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Also, people playing experimental probably want to test out the nightlight. We can only know the true popularity by monitoring stable data a few week’s after it launches.

Sure, but now it is so easy to operate at night compared to before, I can see this being released to stable population and I would expect the same behaviour from the stable population.

Forget about the player illumination light , Get rid of the player breath effect at night. It looks like im chewing on a bag of white chem lights. I can see someone breathing across a field 100 yards away , its ridiculous... Fix that already.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

ISSUES:

-Pump action cycle delay on the shotgun. I can't pump the shotgun right after firing now, seems there is a short delay period where the "r" doesn't respond. I'm not sure about the bolt action rifles.

-You can patch your wounds with the sewing kit now, which is good, but it doesn't deplete the sewing kit. So it seems you have infinite patch wounds with the sewing kit, not sure about the leather kit.

GOOD things I've noticed:

-Infected is alot better this patch, quite well balanced in both responsiveness, the damage from their attacks and how much it takes to kill them.

-The Winchester model 70 is fucking awsome, excuse the french.

I wish the Devs would fix the little things.  Tent placement as it is still very poor.  To few tents and car parts on Exp servers.  Zombies damaging your clothing way to fast.  Suppressors wearing out to quickly.  Imbalance between brass knuckles, knife and axe damage on zombies.   Base walls easy to get through.   All these problems have been in the game for some time, but seem to be low down on the priority list.  It's these little things that I find frustrating and make the game frustrating.  Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it can't be that hard to sort these things out!   I would much rather these be fixed next than some gun/transport being returned to the game.  And as for night I like it that they have it the wrong way round.  Light inside a house dark outside.  Surely it should be the other way round a bit lighter out side and dark in the house so you have to use your torch to find things?  Well thats my minor frustrated rant over.

PS I have put tickets in for some of the issues stated.

We are turning off the Experimental branch for a new update. We will be back as soon as possible.

• Beans 1