SamZ4OO

whats going on with the loot on xbox

I go to military places, I go to police stations, I go everywhere and I never can find any guns.  Tons of attachments and ammo but guns are very very rare now a days. I know I put in about 4 hours after a spawn and nothing. So much food, sodas, and water but nothing to protect myself with. Small example> Im running in the middle of the woods headed to another place to loot when the servers reset.... I spawn back in to only have a very large group of wolves . I didnt even have time to exit the game they were already on me. A pistol would have been nice or a shotgun.... something. I had a axe.  After a very large struggle trying to beat some wolves down I eventually died and went right to the forums. I feel that unless you know how to duplicate your weapons, its a struggle for those who want to play this game the way its suppose to be played. Just saying that xbox need a update and fast that fixes a large amount of things.  I have high hopes for this game 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SamZ4OO said:

I go to military places, I go to police stations, I go everywhere and I never can find any guns.  Tons of attachments and ammo but guns are very very rare now a days. I know I put in about 4 hours after a spawn and nothing. So much food, sodas, and water but nothing to protect myself with. Small example> Im running in the middle of the woods headed to another place to loot when the servers reset.... I spawn back in to only have a very large group of wolves . I didnt even have time to exit the game they were already on me. A pistol would have been nice or a shotgun.... something. I had a axe.  After a very large struggle trying to beat some wolves down I eventually died and went right to the forums. I feel that unless you know how to duplicate your weapons, its a struggle for those who want to play this game the way its suppose to be played. Just saying that xbox need a update and fast that fixes a large amount of things.  I have high hopes for this game 

No offense, I see you're new here.  but I'm pretty tired of the "where's all the guns" threads. 

If your in high pop servers on the coast, I could maybe understand not finding a civilian weapon. But hell, even in elelctro i could probably go find about 4 pistols, 2 shotguns, a Mosin, and a scorpion in one sweep.

I've NEVER had an issue finding guns (civilian or military).  If you couldn't find anything in 4 hours you must have some really bad luck

Edited by bandito6000
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

. I didnt even have time to exit the game they were already on me. A pistol would have been nice or a shotgun.... something. I had a axe.

Do you think a pack of real wolves, in a real forest, are going to wait for you to sit down and combat log on them? Nah, they'd just rip you apart. Really.

I don't understand why everyone says weapons are so hard to find Maybe it's the classic case of "when you're looking for something in DayZ, you'll never find it"  

But I find plenty of guns, magazines and ammunition (with the exception of 7.62/54mm) on both low and high population servers. I can admit the assault weapons are spawning less frequently nowadays, but it's not completely rare to find 2 assault rifles in the same location.

I feel that unless you know how to duplicate your weapons, its a struggle for those who want to play this game the way its suppose to be played.

I'm not sure how you think the game is supposed to be played but I don't think you're meant to always have a weapon (or survive a wolf attack) It's meant to be an uneven playing field where anyone can get an advantage on anyone. (depending on different situations, environment, items and skill.)

The person with night vision can snipe in the dark. Those without one cannot.

The person with a gun can survive a wolf attack. You could not.

You're not meant to be carrying everything all at once. (sadly nobody told the dupers that) Since guns are so easily duplicatedthe duping half of the playing field is evenly matched (dupers killing dupers). But for the non-exploitative players it makes player interaction a deathwish. 

When every person is a self sufficient soldier: DayZ turns into COD. (where the only objective is to kill people before they kill you.) So you kill everything that's not dressed in your teams outfit.

On xbox most people outfit themselves with ghillie gear, lockpicks, landmines, an SVD on their back and an M4 in their hands. They are ready for close combat, bush sniping, (Un)locking doors, planting mines, god knows what else. And as long as the duping persists: these people are walking loot factories. 

Teaming in DayZ used to be fun. You'd have to rely on your squad mates to supply anything you couldn't find yourself. And with the loot being divided between 3-4 people you'd all have act as a team or face being less equipped/organised. 

DayZ humanizes people. You have to eat, drink, SURVIVE. The player has morals and a conscious. They're character has a backstory. You know that when you kill someone it takes their time, loot and enjoyment away from them (More guns = More violence and deceit = More desensitized bandits looking to kill on sight = Call of duty)

It just pisses me off that in a game where you really don't have to kill people, degenerates camp the coast and kill unarmed bambi's for nothing but target practice. (makes me wonder about their mental state) 

So although it fits the lore (Chernarus is a highly industrial state, overly capable of flooding the map with ammunition and gun steel). For the sake of cutting down on Kos and cleaning up the community, I don't think guns should be made any more abundant than they already are. 

P.s. Just keep looking, I assure you they're out there. Loot out an entire town on a low pop server, you're bound to find something (if not multiple) that goes "bang".  

Edited by PEACE_543
Dungoofed
  • Like 1
  • Beans 4

I have to agree with most of the replies here so far, because I was online for about the same amount of hours and just between two towns I found quite a few firearms,

Town1:

3x BK-18

1x BK-133

1x IJ-70

And some ammo with couple mags.

Town2:

2x BK-18

2x BK-133

1x Mosin

1x PU Scope

Plenty of BK-133 ammo

Then as I was looting another town, I found some ammo for the Mosin and BK-18, so they are there and available, just nned to keep looting town after town, honestly it took me quite a while to find a Mil rifle, but I wasn't running from Mil base to Mil base, just quite happy to be running around the map looting with a BK-133 and IJ-70 which seem to the more "available"

I think Mil rifle shouldn't be made freely/widely available, however I think the devs would need to add something like the SKS "civilian rifle", a scope available for the BK-18 and make the pump action a bit quicker on the BK-133, these would then be alternatives to Mil rifles as i would even out the playing field in a pvp situation but also then most players wont be running the Mil camps because of good alternatives :)

• Like 3

Not sure why everyone is having a go at the OP. I understand that we keep seeing posts about the lack of Military Weapons and yes, he should have search for that topic to join the conversation. But lets be honest here, not all players will be happy running with the standard civilian guns and the inability to find them does promote duping and if the spawn rate stays the same after the duping glitch is fixed, then I'm sure other players will leave.

I like the rarity of finding the guns but I do believe there needs to be a happy medium. This game should be hard as it is a survival game in the apocalypse but it is also a game and as a business should be accessible.

Edited by Ryan JG
  • Like 1

There is a bug right now which prevents a gun from respawning once it is stored or hoarded. Duplication exploiters are making it worse because their duped guns are counted against the total allowed to spawn on the map.

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh well there must be no dupers on my server because guns are not that rare. 

SAME

32 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

There is a bug right now which prevents a gun from respawning once it is stored or hoarded. Duplication exploiters are making it worse because their duped guns are counted against the total allowed to spawn on the map.

Has this been confirmed by the devs?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

On my hc ru server : Same.

We found 3 M4s in pavlovo mb 

• Like 1

Smh at this entire thread.

OP can't find a gun. I'm calling bullshit. IJ's, shotties, and the IZ spawns everywhere.

Peace is a derp. Writes an essay for what? Tl:dr

Bandito obviously hasn't been following the game. You'd know what nhow said is confirmed if ya did.

Dayz and fear. Pointless replies.

Ryan is da g.o.a.t..

On topic: All guns kill shit. You don't need an AR.

• Like 4

Its mainly M4s and AKs that are hard to find right now. Every other gun is easy to find because nobody hoards them. Plus the other guns can spawn in many more places than M4s and AKs and not to mention M4s and AKs are considered a ''rare'' spawn when pretty much everything else is either un common or common.

• Like 1

If M4s and AKs spawned where the rest of the guns do we wouldnt have an issue finding them even with dupers hoarding and screwing up the global count/spawn rate of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

I have to agree with most of the replies here so far, because I was online for about the same amount of hours and just between two towns I found quite a few firearms,

Town1:

3x BK-18

1x BK-133

1x IJ-70

After reading some of the "No guns" posts the other day: I walked from Mishkino to Pavlovo and picked up every weapon that I could carry. Upon reaching Balota I was carrying a whopping:

5 Pistols: 2 U-70s, 2 CR-75s and an FX-45. Plenty of ammo but I was missing magazines for the FX and CR.

3 Sawn-off Mosins, 2-3 packs of ammo and after looting the lodge south of Mishkino, I had PU scopes for all of them.

2 BK-133 Shotguns. being the heaviest I carried these in my hands and on my back. (Shotgun ammo is always abundant)

1 USG-45, 2 magazines and a couple boxes of ammo. 

(These are just the guns that I felt were worth carrying)

y9hbDWY.png
^ this Is me waiting for someone to buy my weapons in the Pavlovo church.

I later dropped them off at Solinchny Factory (or tried to) I got shot in the head about 10 seconds after I declared my weapons. Ran back and told everyone which body had the guns on it and.  

My dead body effectively armed about 6 bambis.

they then tried to take the infamous ladder room from some lazy campers but ultimately failed because the bandits were exceptionally skilled at shooting through the hole in the floor.

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Ouch! CEASE FIRE! You're gunna get the thread shut down. 

(The keyboard is my spirit animal, and it cannot be tamed)

Edited by PEACE_543
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Bandito obviously hasn't been following the game. You'd know what nhow said is confirmed 

Really? Lol sorry I didn't watch some stream on mixer dude. I was taught it's best to ask if your unsure than to assume. 

Well, sadly there's enough indifference and bickering on here that may carry over to the actual game it's pathetic in attitude. Everyone's lighting him up because he can't find a weapon. He's new. Why hasn't anybody here given any tips on where to find a mosin or bk133 or an izh? We've been playing since August we know how to move, loot, what to look for especially and shoot when necessary. The kid hasn't even came back to say anything since it started.. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

OP can't find a gun. I'm calling bullshit. IJ's, shotties, and the IZ spawns everywhere.

Bandito obviously hasn't been following the game. You'd know what nhow said is confirmed if ya did.

Ryan is da g.o.a.t..

Shake your head much more you'll get a stiff neck. I apologise though, I often forget that you're the only one who has a valid opinion to give. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Ryan is da g.o.a.t..

Haha why is my reply pointless, I was merely saying that for "survival" purposes there are plenty of civilian firearms and ammo available if the the players are not picky as to what they want, what SamZ400 said that he couldn't find anything to defend himself against the wolves so I just pointed out that there are, but need to search further.

Other than that, yes I do agree with you "You dont need an AR" , however if a player finds one great, but if not, there are plenty of other weapons about 👍

Edited by FearFokkol

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

thought this also when I found 3 M4's and 2 USG's at the 3 barracks of NWAF construction site. mind blown

5 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Haha why is my reply pointless, I was merely saying that for "survival" purposes there are plenty of civilian firearms and ammo available if the the players are not picky as to what they want, what SamZ400 said that he couldn't find anything to defend himself against the wolves so I just pointed out that there are, but need to search further.

Other than that, yes I do agree with you "You dont need an AR" , however if a player finds one great, but if not, there are plenty of other weapons about 👍

Hahaha man parts has a women's appendage he just wants to cover it up with his name. He's also a cannibal and duper because he will dupe building supplies but man I wonder if the disease got to him he probably dupes everything now.. Anyways do you remember running into a survivor in the middle of the woods acouple weeks ago in the HC server? I had a shotty and you offered me a m4? That's me. 

5 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Hahaha man parts has a women's appendage he just wants to cover it up with his name. He's also a cannibal and duper because he will dupe building supplies but man I wonder if the disease got to him he probably dupes everything now.. Anyways do you remember running into a survivor in the middle of the woods acouple weeks ago in the HC server? I had a shotty and you offered me a m4? That's me. 

Hey buddy, yeah I remember that, you wanted to keep the shotty of which I was quite surprised actually, used that same M4 of some ghillied players in Electro, then upgraded the M4 for one of those guys SDV,  anyway we were talking and exchanging items in the middle of the woods 👍

4 hours ago, Wolf said:

I'm aota at this point. BI has driven me to madness. I'll be out of everyone's hair shortly. Until then I'm running around as a Cambodian chick, eating people, and throwing up bases when I want somewhere to chill and cook DE Steak. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 1

found 8 kam's in tisy and one of them had a mag in it with 22 rounds with a box of 7.62x39mm rounds directly next to it