ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149887

The one thing I hope they do today is back out of this new server browser -- it seems to be the culprit for the crashes.  The patch itself otherwise looked pretty solid -- infected behaving better, although they do still spawn too close to you, but I did not see any of them teleport at least.  They enter buildings a bit better -- had a bunch at military barracks that all got stuck at the doorway a bit, though, but individually, they will follow you into buildings for the most part, which is what they should do.

Night lighting (flare, head torch, etc.) looks epic -- I still think the night is a bit too pitch black for my liking, but with this improved lighting, it can make it pretty fun when you're hearing infected growling in the darkness coming for you.

Stamina has been increased it seems, so that's good too.

Lots of good stuff in this patch, other than the never-ending crashes, which is why I say for 1.0, revert back to the previous server browser for now and maybe the fixed new server browser can be the first post-release patch.

10 minutes ago, drgullen said:

The one thing I hope they do today is back out of this new server browser -- it seems to be the culprit for the crashes. 

This. It's kinda amazing that they started public test with the new browser just few days before the day that has been coming over 5 years.

• Beans 1

25 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Lots of good stuff in this patch, other than the never-ending crashes, which is why I say for 1.0, revert back to the previous server browser for now and maybe the fixed new server browser can be the first post-release patch.

Yeah, Eugen said on Twitter that if they don't manage to eliminate the crashes from the new browser before launch they will roll back to the old one and add the new one later on.

While playing exp this morning I came across a few minor bugs, nothing game breaking, but a bit annoying:

• Ambient sound is sometimes muted as indoors even when you're outside, it seems the transition when you move in and out of buildings can sometimes get stuck. The muting indoors will also dampen the sound of a torch or flare you hold in your hands or a fire burning in the chimney inside the house. The fire is louder outside the building than inside...
  • Infected still get stuck on fences too often, I had one priest zombie who aggroed me but just stood screaming by a fence with its back to me. He kept doing this until I walked up to him. (Then he suddenly did a quick about face and gave me a good twack before I had time to react, maybe it was just a trick?!?)
  • Action prompts are still hidden if you have disabled the HUD. This is VERY annoying since the hud icons are currently too large and intrusive, I hate having it up but I'm forced to now if I want to know when I can loot stuff, cut up the chicken I killed, open/close doors, craft stuff and so on. If content creators want to hide these prompts they have to be put on a separate toggle, NOT the same as the HUD!
  • Weather/cloud changes seem to cause a server wide lag spike.

Other than this I had no issues at all.

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Robert Alexander Hedman said:

Leave the game dude, it takes easiest run around map find cleaning kit you have worn pistol.. Maybe you also was unlucky i found fnx and fn fal,winchester,augs prestine in tisy. You just have to leave the coast area and move your feets alitle :D

Fal, winchester and aug haven't been implemented in game yet. Please stop spamming. I'm trying to bring forward more bug fixes than devs have now.

It's happening. They just confirmed on twitter.

Edited by Seitan

8 hours ago, Robert Alexander Hedman said:

i have 1700h in the game, and i will play it... but for everyone who is waiting its just a 1.0mb update and nothing else than a number

Why are you hung up on the size? 

The exp patch is 1Gb bigger than stable atm. But i regulary downloaded 1.6+ gb while changing patches this week, so the 1GB size is probably more optimized. 

Nevertheless, noone is talking about the size.

1 hour ago, Dimas008 said:

Fal, winchester and aug haven't been implemented in game yet. Please stop spamming. I'm trying to bring forward more bug fixes than devs have now.

Becuse you dont play modded server you play stable and not on community server dude.....

Could someone explain these new UI indicators in the low right corner? I'm bit confused with these new ones. Too bad there isn't any tooltip floating when you bring mouse over those to say in words what they mean.

I've no idea what is thirst, what's blood, what's food, and what on earth are those two on the right?

For me I read them as like this:

Bacteria, Temperature, Shock, Blood, Health, Injury?

Edited by St. Jimmy

14 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

Could someone explain these new UI indicators in the low right corner? I'm bit confused with these new ones. Too bad there isn't any tooltip floating when you bring mouse over those to say in words what they mean.

I've no idea what is thirst, what's blood, what's food, and what on earth are those two on the right?

For me I read them as like this:

Bacteria, Temperature, Shock, Blood, Health, Injury?

Its Bacteria,Temperature,Food,Water, Blood,Health

3 minutes ago, HeadCrabD said:

Its Bacteria,Temperature,Food,Water, Blood,Health

OK thanks. These new icons are not doing their job well then... Water and food icons are very bad choices.

Paul (TheRunningManZ) drew this on his stream the other day -- they have moved thirst and hunger/energy (lightning bolt) to be beside each other since he drew this, but to me, this diagram is spot on!  :)

DtsADbNWsAA_zzE.jpg

Just make sure your HEATLH stays white and you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

There is no 0.64, 0.65, etc. Starting tomorrow (it's still the 12th of December where I live) it will be 1.0 which is the beta release version number.

It may be called 1.0 but that doesn't mean that it IS 1.0. It IS 0.64 and it's a shame it's being called 1.0. And by the way, as IMT has thoroughly explained, 1.0 is an industry standard and not a matter of interpretation. 1.0 does NOT mean Beta. It means full release. That is not to say, that the devs won't keep developing, but 1.0, as industry standard means: finished game. That is why it's a shame, they call it 1.0 Here is IMT's original post:

"For the love of god, please stop spreading misinformation. There is a reason why there is version numbering, it is an industry standard. 1.0 isn't what 1.0 means to you, it isn't what it means to me and it also isn't what it means to Bohemia. It's an industry standard, there are no if's or other views on the subject. I'm viewing 1.0 as set in the industry standard, not what it means to me. 0.63, you see that 0? Hold on, --->0<---.63, that zero. It means that a product is Work In Progress and means that the product is either in its Alpha stage or its Beta stage. 1.0, you see that 1? Hold on, --->1<---.0, this one. It means that a product is feature complete and out of its Work In Progress stage. It means that a product is viewed as stable and FULLY released to the general public, hence the game leaving Early Access when it hits 1.0. Because at 1.0, it isn't Early Access anymore since the features (or rather requirements) which were documented in the analysis phase and worked out in the design phase are implemented and tested.

There is no reasoning, discussing or personal opinion or view on this, it is an industry standard. 1.0 has for DayZ always been full release, they have given us multiple timelines for the product and 1.0 have always meant full release and it still does. Does development stop when a product hits 1.0? The answer is no, not with DayZ nor with any other software product, unless the product or that version of the product isn't supported anymore by the developers or the company, like Windows XP nowadays.

Again, read up on the various aspects of the life cycle of a software product and its development, like software development life cycle, software release life cycle, software versioning and a lot of other aspects. All these things are an industry standard. It doesn't matter if the developers or Bohemia announced 1.0 as a full release or not as, again, it is an industry standard. Also, they call 1.0 a major milestone, the same goes for beta which in the industry standard are also major milestones. This further more proves that 1.0 is the full release of DayZ which should be feature complete and free of major bugs and issues. Which we all know the current status of that.

Bohemia might slap their own version and own view on it but I'm going to treat 1.0, the way the industry treats it, the way I learned it and that is that 1.0 is, in fact, a fully released product. I haven't wrote a review for DayZ yet, only because the game wasn't fully released yet. Given all the negative reviews, I wanted to hold out on that review until 1.0/release and give the game a fair and honest review. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be a positive review. My intention was to give DayZ a positive review on 1.0 because I trusted the developers and Bohemia to deliver what they promised. But as I said and have said multiple times, I'm going to review and judge 1.0 in a fair and honest way. They have dug their own grave this time, not the community."

Edited by freerider3434

today for about 30min. played. (could not test that much).
- Server Broswer work fine (my system Win7 / 64ultimate).
- Nightlight .. in the IRL it was very bright outside, but still managed to navigate relatively well (ok it was a moonlit night)
- The flares and torches give a good light (to recognize some black shadows when turning the character, but not bad.
- Zombis, no teleports seen, and the fight went well.
- No jerks or desyncs noticed.

Knifes have now a new Texture for "worn" status. (hmm kitchenknife are the right "Worn" texture ?? sry no picture)

51 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

1.0 does NOT mean Beta.

That's right, 1.0 does NOT mean Beta:    BETA was last month =  Industry standard 0.63.149840