ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149653

i dont like the icons...especially that flash...
i also heard some animal in distance and it was maybe cow or our lord cthulhu

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Stewe88 said:

is the BSOD fixed? im afraid to play lol

I havent had bsod since the patched it for the battleye issue that caused the bsod .. opt into exp and play

Hello,

I don't know if that's the right way to give feedback but i'm just a player hating the new status icons. The order change being annoying i understand it's not a big deal BUT, not putting thirst and hunger next to each other is annoying to the eye. Also the old icons were more intuitive and that word is important in a game with not much to the screen, the little things has to be intuitive.

Some will disagree completely and that's fine. It's just a personnal feedback.

The problem with the icons is not that they are difficult to understand (other than the difference between blood and health since other games usually use one or the other, interchangeably), the problem is that the icons are "high energy" and thus distracting. A more simplistic design would be preferable.

There are some a couple of things that the new icons have right. Grouping together icons from similar systems (health, survival, binary status icons like wetness and sickness) is great and makes it easier to understand the purpose of each icon. The low profile arrows are also great along with removing the color from the arrows. The energy and hydration icons should be side by side, though.

There is a great post on the subreddit by /u/abbidabbi. Link here. abbidabbi points out that the icon design is inconsistent and thus chaotic. The icons need to be simple and informative with uniform artistic design between the icons.

Edited by roflsstime
  • Beans 2

after eating two chickens raw....no effects.
so i guess there is no any penalty eating raw meat...have anyone tried to eat cow meat raw?
but really,no reason to play at all...everybody just eat meat raw...no need for making fires,find matches etc...
when you devs gonna tweak disease and coldness thingys?....i would like to catch some chickenz,feel the cold,light the fire...
now i dont see the point at all for that.
i would be glad if you can answer for that...it would save my time to test every exp build....

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

Came here after years just to say that new UI icons are horrible. Blood is water or blood ? bacteria is food ? food is what ? first aid ? lightning is food ? or power ? stamina ?

I dont undestand whos idea was it to go with the current UI when these designs were there for years and they are WAY WAY better and more DayZ representative, IMHO.

E: I heard that they were added because of players asked to redo the icons when they were doing the feedback thing a couple of weeks ago... So the devs made this.

Even more dissapointed, when you realize you have been asking this UIs for years and the devs come up with the worst one possible...

dayz-0-63-hud-concept-v2-4-1.jpg

k1ok6z9dw2221.jpg

Edited by safire
  • Like 1
  • Beans 8

2 hours ago, SpudNL said:

Yes the complete dev team should stop everything and fix this, even moddelers and scripters and engine programmers who know nothing about this should stop all work and fix this.. /s

Thats not how developing software works... 

Please enlighten me how software development works. If we would release such levels of software at work (car mobility, payment solutions) we would run into serious problems either with the clients or the customers or both. So please...

I thought the previous icons with some added coloring would have been in the right direction....

So strange.... so little time....

• Beans 3

sorry guys, but the new icons are very intrusive and very unclear, especially because hunger and thirst are separated and thirst is a drop like bleeding, you do not need a line to separate the icons, the previous ones were Well, the problem of the previous ones is that they are very bright and they go down from white to yellow quickly, maybe if they disappear when they are in optimal states they would invade less the screen

• Beans 1

I don't understand why the icon change was necessary, I thought most people with the feedback round were neutral/happy with them. At least put hydration and energy (food) next to each other.

So far I noticed that the bacteria logo is not going down when eating raw chicken meat. Not that it matters since you get barely sick anyway at the moment. Also, when walking (not sprinting) I already have three stripes pointing down. Is this intended? Because I guess it would mean that running/jogging would have no effect anymore on the energy depletion.

Happy to see horticulture back. Works fine mostly. Just misses some animations and sounds effects I assume. Placing the field can be a bit problematic as on some even ground I could not place it but on another random spot I could.

EDIT:

- Through horticulture I made some pumpkins and some became rotten. When I sliced the rotten pumpkin into.. well slices, it became 'raw' again.

- The number icon is too large in the inventory. It is hard to see what ammo type it is.

What is the status of improving server performance before 1.0? When playing in offline mode the movement of infected and animals is much more smooth then when playing online.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

30 minutes ago, Dimas008 said:

Why names of guns are incorrect? AKM is KA-M, MP-133 is BK-133, ИЖ-18 is BK-18 etc.

This was done for potential copyright issues.. those lawyers have to get paid ya know .. either now or later :)  

so very disappointed that there's no mention of key rebinding, 2500hrs in the game and not 1hr since the game hit beta.

people keep saying the key binding is fixed but it most certainly is not, I've tried on a regular basis to get key rebound and every time I rebind some keys and hit apply the game just CTD's, this ain't great for a left-handed player who rebinds 99%  of keys to be able to play.

Return old icons please, their looks really bad and they don't fit in dayz 

I'll probably get used to the new icons eventually, but I really think energy and water should be reverted. The old ones made sense, while I thought that lightning bolt was some new weird gadget and that the water icon was blood - easy enough since it occupies the space blood did before and looks just like the old blood icon... DUH!!!

A few things:

• Action popups are hidden along with the HUD when you have it hidden. The actions are doable, such as picking up an item or whatever, but the icon won't show up. This is annoying since it forces you to have HUD open or you'll inevitably miss stuff.
  • The HUD icons and server messages HAVE to be made possible to scale down! Please! They should also be possible to make more transparent. As of now they are oversized and intrusive, I seriously hate playing with HUD and messages active.
  • How the fudge do you open the radial menu for emotes?
  • Again - while running experimental servers for testing please make things that needs testing - such as them cars - more common so we have time to test them! Spawn the cars ready to drive, and more of them. And where's that darned V3S?

Other than that, I heard all gun sounds and no attachments were stuck. Good stuff!

(And peaches are still OP, which some aggressive bambi that rushed me discovered first hand. You got what you deserved)

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, HeadCrabD said:

Also Some action are missing description. Like Take a sip. Bury body. etc etc.

I think that's when you have the HUD hidden, show HUD and you should see all such messages again. I could be wrong though, didn't try everything.

no he is right, I found some when planting tomatoes, I tinkered around with the HUD does not changed anything

48 minutes ago, ScrotyMcBoogerBalls said:

so very disappointed that there's no mention of key rebinding, 2500hrs in the game and not 1hr since the game hit beta.

people keep saying the key binding is fixed but it most certainly is not, I've tried on a regular basis to get key rebound and every time I rebind some keys and hit apply the game just CTD's, this ain't great for a left-handed player who rebinds 99%  of keys to be able to play.

You can rebind in the xml file as I had done previous to the key binding implementation. Just use notepad plus and you should be able to do it.

I was able to use the new menu personally, so I sympathize, one lefty to another.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You can rebind in the xml file as I had done previous to the key binding implementation. Just use notepad plus and you should be able to do it.

I was able to use the new menu personally, so I sympathize, one lefty to another.

Yup. The in-game binding system its working.

• Beans 1

I think that new GUI is a little bit overkill. It looks like some new guy just joined and he really wanted to prove that hes good and have fresh ideas.

If something works just fine leave it like it is just give it fresh look. 

Like people said that energy is just unclear. But there is even more confusing thing imo. Why did You change food icon with out any reason known for community ( maybe You have Your own ) and You left drop icon for both water and blood. Which really can be less obvious. 

I think You should remake it with:

- food/enery and water next to each other starting from left ( obviously this is mostly used think of UI. Then temp and then disease, Then after that line which imo is good idea blood and health. 

- give back fork and knife as food icon and change water to like bottle or canteen so it is different from blood. 

- change health icon to cross like it was before it was simple and good.

I  think some designer ruined it all with new health icon that is just fat and ugly and doesnt match rest of them. Im pretty sure that if that would be that cross all the time that everybody would be more happy about all those changes :)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

hello i'm no more able to build fence like before... is it normal? i don't see no more two extra tabs on fence tabs... 

Keybindings !!!!!!!! Cmon.

We used to host servers and have been here since day 1 and all we ask to to be able to join in the new release.