ImpulZ

Xbox Update 24/10/2018

dayz_announcement.jpg

Hello Survivors,

we are now deploying a new update for Xbox including more fixes for the current issues. Please keep in mind that this is NOT the current Stress Test version from PC including vehicles and base building.

Fixes include:

- if the controller disconnects while the player is moving, the character stops now
- fix for being unable to scroll through the online server tab
- fix for overlapping texts in the inventory
- fix for texts being displayed too small in 4K resolution
- fixed the function to invite players into your game.

NEW: Added a logout timer and queue time:
This is mostly to fight rapid server hopping. When you log out, your character will remain on the server for 15 seconds, and fast reconnecting will cause you penalties between 60 and 90 seconds. So you will still be able to log out in reasonable times while being punished for switching your server repeatedly.

NEW: Added a new database for Xbox:
The Xbox servers will have their own database machine that won't be affected by the PC maintenance and updates related to the PC branch. This database switch is connected with a complete character wipe!

Edited by ImpulZ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Please keep in mind that this is NOT the current Stress Test version from PC including vehicles and base building.

Base building is not available to test in the online version of the stress test.

There are no nails (or hammers for that matter) in the current stress test unless you play offline mode and spawn them in yourself.

Believe me, I've looked.

• Like 1

When are we getting the same as pc all we ever see is bug fixes i know the game needs that to but i was told next updatw we will get some new gear

14 minutes ago, Cookster1234 said:

When are we getting the same as pc all we ever see is bug fixes i know the game needs that to but i was told next updatw we will get some new gear

Lol bug fixes. They're fixing shit no one is complaining about.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Base building is not available to test in the online version of the stress test.

There are no nails (or hammers for that matter) in the current stress test unless you play offline mode and spawn them in yourself.

Believe me, I've looked.

Man, I swear, if I'll ever find some nails on ST 51, I'll PM you right away. I see you take this matter very seriously... (:  you have my sympathy.

On xbox world, we're still stuck on bugs and we even don't have full day/night cycles. Base building for us sounds like Sci-Fi at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I see why this game has such a low following and small community. Controller disconnects? Overlapping text and text display on 4k? That's priority? Waduuuu heeeeek?!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tarkules said:

Man, I swear, if I'll ever find some nails on ST 51, I'll PM you right away. I see you take this matter very seriously... (:  you have my sympathy.

On xbox world, we're still stuck on bugs and we even don't have full day/night cycles. Base building for us sounds like Sci-Fi at the moment.

Next gen... :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cookster1234 said:

All the stuff they are doing on PC right now is in fact to get the game to fit with Xbox and work 100% correctly on Xbox.

This is why on PC they stopped at 0.63, and took a couple of big jumps backwards and started testing everything in the game mechanics bit by bit.  You get the basic game and at the moment AND also PC players get the basic game too - don't forget.
As soon as it is tested and RUNNING on PC and they know it will also run on Xbox, then they will bring it into the official 0.63 version on PC,  up to date (maybe with a new version number?) and Xbox WILL get it too. 

Right now, the PC standard game is about the same level as the Xbox game, a lot of stuff is missing - so don't imagine you are losing out on a bunch of stuff that we have on PC, all those standard version things we had, have been taken away  - it's being revamped and debugged on stress test and experimental and  when it runs as it should on Xbox, then everybody will get it in the standard game, on Xbox AND on PC too.

- this is only my opinion, (but based on a fairly long observation, research & experience) - I believe it is obvious this IS what is happening.
They are shaping up the existing PC game - chunk by chunk - so it runs perfectly on Xbox.
And that is about ALL that is happening.
Bottom line :  All the effort is for your Xbox benefit. - This is really for you Xbox dudes.
Plus they are working specifically focused on your "special" Xbox stuff like controllers and Xbox hardware parameters. So they will be dropping in extra "tested" features from PC every time they can.
You won't have to wait any longer for the results on Xbox than we PC players do on PC.   We get to play incomplete stuff and send in bug reports.. that's what most PC players are doing right now (except the modders)  - read the PC blog.

so right now, keep testing your controllers and putting in bug reports..
It can only help you get what you want faster.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

So, does this mean no more Wednesday server shut downs? 

A new machine exclusive to Xbox servers is a really large step.. Good stuff keep it up

Progress, even a little, is a good thing. 

I really don’t understand why so many players, particularly on Xbox, feel this game needs to hurry and be done.

Why?

The longer BI has to iron everything out, the more it’ll serve us in the long run.

This is a big reason why I prefer smaller companies, as they tend not to have any AAA publisher pushing them to finish their game within a year.

Keep up the hard work BI, and try to remain as transparent as you’re able to.

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

This is a big reason why I prefer smaller companies, as they tend not to have any AAA publisher pushing them to finish their game within a year.

Keep up the hard work BI, and try to remain as transparent as you’re able to.

But you know the deal with Microsoft eh?

Any game that enters game preview on Xbox must be released as a full game / gone gold within 1 year or Microsoft steps in and takes over the entire project. No prisoners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Nooooooo-body cares.

They got your moooooooney.

Money that is funneled more towards my PC version.

It's like you're in a submission move and you're about to tap out!

Do you have any idea how many people have left DayZ behind before you even knew it existed?

You all expected the game to go from the state it was released in to finished how fast?

Yet, you didn't think past examples of DayZ dev would be an indication of the future?

Whenever development is not going to your liking..... NEWS FLASH - take a break from the game!

Come back when there is a patch with the fixes you desire.

XBone has other games, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

But you know the deal with Microsoft eh?

Any game that enters game preview on Xbox must be released as a full game / gone gold within 1 year or Microsoft steps in and takes over the entire project. No prisoners.

I’ve noticed a few other game previews on Xbox with a simular time trajectory once in the program.

I personally don’t have any official info on that. So you many be more privy to their ToS in that regard.

However, we all know DayZ has been in development for 5 years, which is the reason for my aforementioned post.

There’d be no way Microsoft would’ve jumped on board back in 2013-2014. Even the mention of DayZ coming to Xbox at E3 back in 2015 speaks as to why Microsoft waited until now to enter the game into the preview program.

We’re getting closer...

Patience is key..

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Suck it up guys it's been out on xbox for like 2 months and you are complaining already. 

5 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

this guy has gone nuclear LOL

Thermo Nuclear lmfao

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, donkennedy01 said:

Suck it up guys it's been out on xbox for like 2 months and you are complaining already. 

Thermo Nuclear lmfao

I played the pc version before my computershit out. Trust me  things been going on for almost 7 fucking years.

• Like 1

These updates are kinda laughable lately. Lotta good games coming out soon. Sadly Scum is even looking more polished and it didnt take them long at all in comparison.

• Haha 1

A completely different Dev team works on the Xbox version.  All these people saying "it's been out for years". Last I looked, it's only been on console for what?  Maybe 2 months?  You guys that take the time to wine and complain, go play something else if you aren't happy.  Be happy it's even on console. And don't compare it to other games.  Go play those other games if you aren't happy.  If you can fix the game faster, then maybe you should join the Dev team.  No patience....Lmao.  Keep up the good work Bohemia

• Like 1

Looks like I get to loot again :)

This time I'm going for the M4 and the Mosin if I can find one with the scope so I can go bandit hunting!

So not a lot being done again what about the lag and freeze when a couple are fighting zombies our character freezes then dies a couple of times this has happened also holding breath while sniping the sway is realy bad and i was told we would be getting the new stuff pc had on next update that is this one 

16 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

All the stuff they are doing on PC right now is in fact to get the game to fit with Xbox and work 100% correctly on Xbox.

This is why on PC they stopped at 0.63, and took a couple of big jumps backwards and started testing everything in the game mechanics bit by bit.  You get the basic game and at the moment AND also PC players get the basic game too - don't forget.
As soon as it is tested and RUNNING on PC and they know it will also run on Xbox, then they will bring it into the official 0.63 version on PC,  up to date (maybe with a new version number?) and Xbox WILL get it too. 

Right now, the PC standard game is about the same level as the Xbox game, a lot of stuff is missing - so don't imagine you are losing out on a bunch of stuff that we have on PC, all those standard version things we had, have been taken away  - it's being revamped and debugged on stress test and experimental and  when it runs as it should on Xbox, then everybody will get it in the standard game, on Xbox AND on PC too.

- this is only my opinion, (but based on a fairly long observation, research & experience) - I believe it is obvious this IS what is happening.
They are shaping up the existing PC game - chunk by chunk - so it runs perfectly on Xbox.
And that is about ALL that is happening.
Bottom line :  All the effort is for your Xbox benefit. - This is really for you Xbox dudes.
Plus they are working specifically focused on your "special" Xbox stuff like controllers and Xbox hardware parameters. So they will be dropping in extra "tested" features from PC every time they can.
You won't have to wait any longer for the results on Xbox than we PC players do on PC.   We get to play incomplete stuff and send in bug reports.. that's what most PC players are doing right now (except the modders)  - read the PC blog.

so right now, keep testing your controllers and putting in bug reports..
It can only help you get what you want faster.

Thanks you good reply 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

These updates are kinda laughable lately. ..//..

Gamers who don't understand how a game is built have this problem:
(no blame, I'm just explaining how I see it):

They say - I live here on the 50th floor and I don't give a damn about the 49 floors holding me up
- I just care that my windows are dirty and no one cleaned them yet, and my bedroom door sticks, and the refrigerator makes a noise".

Meanwhile underneath you there's a whole team doing heavy structural work on 25 floors of the building from the foundations up
- and you say:
"that's real boring I don't care if those floors and walls underneath me are solid or not - I just want my windows clean so I can enjoy the view. "
So the team announce "This week we just put in 800 tons of new steel girders to hold you up".
And you say "to me it looks like nothing is happening".

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

9 hours ago, SkylineScooter said:

A completely different Dev team works on the Xbox version.  All these people saying "it's been out for years". Last I looked, it's only been on console for what?  Maybe 2 months?  You guys that take the time to wine and complain, go play something else if you aren't happy.  Be happy it's even on console. And don't compare it to other games.  Go play those other games if you aren't happy.  If you can fix the game faster, then maybe you should join the Dev team.  No patience....Lmao.  Keep up the good work Bohemia

Its been out on pc 5 years and console been told they would have it 4 years ago so i really do see why people on console moan when they had to wait 4 years